Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,987 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus (15012 Views)

Baby With 2 Heads Survives Risky Surgery In Afghanistan (PHOTOS) / Indian Child Roona Begum Recovering After Hydrocephalus Surgery / The Heartbreaking Story Of The 18-Month-Old Hydrocephalus Indian Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by Nobody: 2:53pm On Dec 02, 2012
Sonal Waghela from Gujarat, India refuses to feed, look at, or even name to her newborn son because he kind of looks like an alien.

Pictured above is a nameless child with a gargantuan, alien-like head that weighs 2.15kg (4.74lbs). According to Dr. Hiren Thumer, the little
bundle of oversized joy has an accumulation of water in his head.

“The head swells like a balloon because of water accumulation inside the brain, and hence the baby looks abnormal,” Hiren said. “Generally, these types of births occur in one in a hundred thousand deliveries.”

The boy unfortunately is at great risk of death, especially within the first six months. Hiren explained that this can be avoided with brain surgery. The problem is that the baby’s own family rejects him.

SOURCE : http://asiancorrespondent.com/46126/shocked-mother-rejects-“alien”-baby/

1 Like

Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 02, 2012
Bizarre Baby ''BB'' : looks like one of them 'Grey's' aliens cheesygrin!

2 Likes

Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by dominique(f): 3:54pm On Dec 02, 2012
Poor baby has Hydrocephalus. The doctors shoud tell her that the accumulated fluid can be drained from the skull.

4 Likes

Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 02, 2012
Pls give this baby a VP Shunt so he can live. cry

Hydrocephalus is not a curse. The baby can grow into his head.

1 Like

Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by baby124: 4:44pm On Dec 02, 2012
shocked shocked shocked

Lord have mercy. I hope this child survives and is fully fuctional. That head through the vaginal canal though. lipsrsealed
Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by Nasri100(m): 4:46pm On Dec 02, 2012
awwww
Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by Navalsadiq(m): 4:47pm On Dec 02, 2012
doubleDx: Bizarre Baby ''BB'' : looks like one of them 'Grey's' aliens cheesygrin!
wait when you have your own baby then you can make ridiculous comment.dan banza

8 Likes

Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 02, 2012
Now this story has brought back hurting memories.i lost my son to hydrocephalus on 11th of april last year.he was 5yrs old.it was a terrible experience for me and my hubby.though his was an arrested HC,it wasnt as big as this one in the pix.damn! It was terrible! RIP BEREM. MUMMY LOVES YOU BUT GOD LOVES YOU MORE!

56 Likes

Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by Lagusta(m): 4:56pm On Dec 02, 2012
Give this baby a VP shunt and he will be back to normal...

The doctor should just counsel the parents about the disorder: its risks, complications and treatment!!!
Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by Maigigz(m): 4:59pm On Dec 02, 2012
dis is very terible
Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by Abali1(m): 5:04pm On Dec 02, 2012
berem: Now this story has brought back hurting memories.i lost my son to hydrocephalus on 11th of april last year.he was 5yrs old.it was a terrible experience for me and my hubby.though his was an arrested HC,it wasnt as big as this one in the pix.damn! It was terrible! RIP BEREM MUMMY LOVES YOU BUT GOD LOVES YOU MORE!

Am so sorry for your loss.
Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 02, 2012
India have good facilities to take care of HC patients.i wonder why she just ignored the poor child.
Lagusta: Give this baby a VP shunt and he will be back to normal...

The doctor should just counsel the parents about the disorder: its risks, complications and treatment!!!
Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by Nobody: 5:10pm On Dec 02, 2012
Too bad...there is hope though,rejecting the child won't solve anything...btw,berem,sowie for ur loss
Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by Chamber10(m): 5:15pm On Dec 02, 2012
berem: Now this story has brought back hurting memories.i lost my son to hydrocephalus on 11th of april last year.he was 5yrs old.it was a terrible experience for me and my hubby.though his was an arrested HC,it wasnt as big as this one in the pix.damn! It was terrible! RIP BEREM MUMMY LOVES YOU BUT GOD LOVES YOU MORE!

Take heart madam.
Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by kaydibs(f): 5:16pm On Dec 02, 2012
Sorry for your loss dearie. Tak heart
Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 02, 2012
Please nairalanders if you know anyone who has HYDROCEPHALUS and cant afford to pay for treatment,get in touch with THE FESTUS FAJEMILO FOUNDATION.Its an NGO solely on HYDROCEPHALUS and SPINA BIFIDA. Once in a while LUTH partners with them for free surgery.i lost their contact since my son died.just google the name and you will get more info.thanks

11 Likes

Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by Okijajuju1(m): 5:20pm On Dec 02, 2012
Wow......

I don't think I am emotionally strong enough to face this one o!!

I can't blame the mother, e no easy!
Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 02, 2012
Hydrocephacelus isnt a big deal. I know someone with it...After surgery you cant even have the idea she had a history of it. The trauma can be great though.
Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by Nobody: 5:42pm On Dec 02, 2012
No one prays to have such child.the annoying part of it is that the ailment is not as a result of what the mother must have taken during pregnancy.the cause of the illness is yet unknown.i dont even pray for my enemy to pass thru what i suffered at all.
Okija_juju: Wow......

I don't think I am emotionally strong enough to face this one o!!

I can't blame the mother, e no easy!
Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by dominique(f): 5:48pm On Dec 02, 2012

Awww, sorry about that sad. come for a e-hug.

1 Like

Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by Agadaemma1(m): 5:50pm On Dec 02, 2012
We keep seeing and hearing of abnormal child birth all over the world. Planet earth is suffering so badly, that one day it we be no more. For all those suffering from one ailment or another, GOD is aware of your predicament and in no distant time from now all we be over.
Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 02, 2012
berem: Please nairalanders if you know anyone who has HYDROCEPHALUS and cant afford to pay for treatment,get in touch with THE FESTUS FAJEMILO FOUNDATION.Its an NGO solely on HYDROCEPHALUS and SPINA BIFIDA. Once in a while LUTH partners with them for free surgery.i lost their contact since my son died.just google the name and you will get more info.thanks
Thanks 4 d info and sorry for ur loss
Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by Nobody: 6:08pm On Dec 02, 2012
India knows how to bring every cartoon character to live.
Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by Nobody: 6:13pm On Dec 02, 2012
I'm sorry to hear about your loss Berem, and what you went through.
Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by Nobody: 6:24pm On Dec 02, 2012
berem: Please nairalanders if you know anyone who has HYDROCEPHALUS and cant afford to pay for treatment,get in touch with THE FESTUS FAJEMILO FOUNDATION.Its an NGO solely on HYDROCEPHALUS and SPINA BIFIDA. Once in a while LUTH partners with them for free surgery.i lost their contact since my son died.just google the name and you will get more info.thanks

sad Sorry for your loss.
Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by OgidiOlu3(m): 6:24pm On Dec 02, 2012
Na wa for this Asia o, na so so bizarre news.
Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by saintneo(m): 6:26pm On Dec 02, 2012
I'm short of words for the baby. cry

Can the brain cells grow big to occupy the space? If yes, we have a genius of the future.
Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by slimyem: 6:26pm On Dec 02, 2012
No woman should abandon her own child under any circumstance...
That mother is very ignorant..
Sure if the baby's operated and back to normal,she won't hesitate to take it back..!
Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by Nobody: 6:27pm On Dec 02, 2012
doubleDx: Bizarre Baby ''BB'' : looks like one of them 'Grey's' aliens cheesygrin!
Hahaha. Very funny indeed. I peed myself lol. What sort of a sadistic bastard r u? There is nothing funny about this baby's situation. Hopefully you get one like him, then we ll see if you ll be laughing.

1 Like

Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by Nobody: 6:39pm On Dec 02, 2012
Thanks y'all for your condolences i do appreciate.GOD BLESS

4 Likes

Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by pythonwizpro(m): 6:52pm On Dec 02, 2012
OLD NEWS ..... cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

COVID-19: FG To Dispatch Experts To Re-Engage Kogi's Government / TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? / Toxic Chemicals Pollute Rivers, Threaten Lives, Livelihoods In Oyo Communities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.