Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,749 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:05 AM

Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo (41833 Views)

May Edochie Shares New Family Photo With A Cryptic Message / Femi, Yeni Kuti Remember Mum 20 Years After Death (Photos) / Yeni Kuti Celebrates Her 60th Birthday (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by 900warriorz: 3:02pm On Dec 10, 2020
wink
Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by Freak4achild(f): 3:03pm On Dec 10, 2020
Sometimes memories are all we have left to value....

Meanwhile, please do well to check my thread on clearance discount sales ongoing.

https://www.nairaland.com/6261807/clearance-sales-not-miss-awoof
Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by Amotekun777: 3:07pm On Dec 10, 2020
JaneYave:
Some people still anything stealable

Steal NOT Still
Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by Dailyhappenings: 3:07pm On Dec 10, 2020
Make she sorry oo... my main concern now na why Tacha dey talk politics for here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHpckuN5e_g
Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by Dragonswave(m): 3:09pm On Dec 10, 2020
lost but found
Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by Vixlot: 3:09pm On Dec 10, 2020
Simple solution...produce another one
Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by Samunique(m): 3:17pm On Dec 10, 2020
Herrymax:
like father like daughter

igbolabi family grin

respect baba fela

grin

Thought I was the only one who noticed it.

It's all over her !

1 Like

Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by ChiefSosa(m): 3:17pm On Dec 10, 2020
Fmbxo:
Stop and recover all your betting losses. Visit my signature.
RECOVER FELA KUTI'S PICTURES THAT WERE STOLEN FIRST BEFORE WE WILL BELIEVE YOU!!!
Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by chukwuibuipob: 3:19pm On Dec 10, 2020
sad sad sad grin grin Useless THIEF.U can’t do visa for ur miserable self nah other pipu u wan help sad.May thunder roast ur balls.
Directvisa:
100% visa application guaranteed 10 SLOTS AVAILABLE HURRY NOW AND CALL 080::34::27::19::32 FOR MORE INFORMATION.
This is an opportunity to apply for Two years U.S.A, CANADA, AUSTRALIA, SOUTH KOREA and any other country working visa; for both
Family and single packages.
Note : NO DOWN PAYMENT UNTIL visa IS OUT AND Payment must be made immediately your visa and employment letter is out. PLEASE ONLY INTERESTED PERSONS CAN CONTACT/WHATSAPP US ON 080::34::27::19::32

1 Like

Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 10, 2020
Samunique:
grin
Thought I was the only one who noticed it.
It's all over her !
the woman nah junkie
Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by benjicot: 3:32pm On Dec 10, 2020
This matter na ITT case as Fela talk am.
Anyway make I rest sef.
Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by JaneYave(f): 3:35pm On Dec 10, 2020
Amotekun777:

Steal NOT Still
Noted. Thanks
Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by Ghostmode2two(m): 3:39pm On Dec 10, 2020
I don't why people always steal pictures and spoons
Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by JaneYave(f): 3:41pm On Dec 10, 2020
Wartsnigeria:

Just type in your language please.
Laughs .Beg me again!
Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by Omoslim26: 3:43pm On Dec 10, 2020
endsarrrs:
Dnt let ipob matter kee una. . .
Ahh Ipob again for dis matter? so you still wan masturbate on your chidish bigotry for dis kind thread
tufia

Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by TruthHurts100: 3:45pm On Dec 10, 2020
FutureDecisions:
Yeni Kuti, daughter of the late Afrobeat legend Fela Anikulapo-Kuti, has lamented a stolen family picture which according to her would have been perfect for the family’s museums, Igbere TV reports.

Yeni posted the picture on Instagram on Wednesday, saying many people had sent it to her.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIkqmNCjIkR/?igshid=jm3ixfj1rzkm

The picture was taken at Fela’s homecoming party in Abeokuta, Ogun State capital at the residence of Olufunmilayo Ransome-Kuti, Fela’s mother.

Listing those in the picture from left to right, Yeni wrote: “Auntie Dolu (Fela’s Sister) holding her son Yomi Ogundipe , Granny (The lioness of Lisabi) our grandmother. Uncle Koye (The most Honourable minister of health to date) in my opinion o!!!and his first son Dotun. My cousin now a great veterinary doctor Fela our father (CREATOR of Afrobeat) holding me (blush) see me stressing him and my mother Remilekun (beautiful inside and out holding Femi my brother (great musician).”

Yeni added that the residence of her grandmother where the picture was taken is now the Kuti Heritage Museum.

Screenshot it madam.
Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by Dollanaira: 3:46pm On Dec 10, 2020
hmmm
Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by Sleekfingers: 3:59pm On Dec 10, 2020
Herrymax:

the woman nah junkie

na u dey sell the drug to her abi? For your information ganja no be drug
Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by Cetacean419: 4:02pm On Dec 10, 2020
The guy is so Phenomenal in his Songs. I will just pick some of his some of his song
Beast of No nation
Fela: D time I dey for Prison I call am Inside world, D time wey I dey outside prison I call am outside world, Na craze world no be outside world na craze world.
Fela : No be outside the Police e dey
Backup:Na craze world
Fela:No be outside the soldier a dey
Backup : Na craze world
Fela:No be outside the Court dem dey
Fela:No be outside the Magistrate e dey
Fela:No be outside the Judge dem dey
Backup: Na craze world
(few seconds stop)
Fela: No be outside Buhari dey e
Backup:Na craze world
Fela:Na craze man be dat, Animal in craze man skiiin
Back up :Craze world
So so so and soooo
Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 10, 2020
Sleekfingers:

na u dey sell the drug to her abi? For your information ganja no be drug

nah me you wan dey tell that one
Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by NovusHomo(m): 4:20pm On Dec 10, 2020
FutureDecisions:
Yeni Kuti, daughter of the late Afrobeat legend Fela Anikulapo-Kuti, has lamented a stolen family picture which according to her would have been perfect for the family’s museums, Igbere TV reports.

Yeni posted the picture on Instagram on Wednesday, saying many people had sent it to her.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIkqmNCjIkR/?igshid=jm3ixfj1rzkm

The picture was taken at Fela’s homecoming party in Abeokuta, Ogun State capital at the residence of Olufunmilayo Ransome-Kuti, Fela’s mother.

Listing those in the picture from left to right, Yeni wrote: “Auntie Dolu (Fela’s Sister) holding her son Yomi Ogundipe , Granny (The lioness of Lisabi) our grandmother. Uncle Koye (The most Honourable minister of health to date) in my opinion o!!!and his first son Dotun. My cousin now a great veterinary doctor Fela our father (CREATOR of Afrobeat) holding me (blush) see me stressing him and my mother Remilekun (beautiful inside and out holding Femi my brother (great musician).”

Yeni added that the residence of her grandmother where the picture was taken is now the Kuti Heritage Museum.

Who cares?.
Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by ekestic1976(f): 4:33pm On Dec 10, 2020
Fela in suit! The world has really come of age!
Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by Goldencheese(m): 4:36pm On Dec 10, 2020
Thanks for sharing this piece of history or travelogue in vivid word pictures that let your reader into the exciting world of the Afrobeat king, Fela Anikulapo Kuti
GreaterFuture:
Hmmmn, this Woman...

I remember being put in a Car as a boy, around 6 or 7 years I would be. The parents were in the Driver's and front Seat, my Younger Brother, a baby at the time, on the Mother's laps.
We drive past Ayinke house (now Lasuth), the place I was Born. We stopped at an usually kinda weird, cool place.
They were selling many kinds of food here. Some Smelled very nice, some smelt Funny, others smelt like nothing I've ever perceived before. A lot of different aromas, but non smelt bad. The collection of people too was eclectic. Some Women "Posrche', others dressed Party like, some simple, some with funny makeups, some were dressed very Skimpy.
Marijuana and Cigarette smoking was everywhere. But people did the marijuana smoking in Groups, a bit away from the main open areas.
The music was nothing like I've seen anywhere and maybe till date. At the entrance some guys and Girls were Playing Instrument for fun. Every canteen and seller was playing some cool Soul, Folk, reggae or mainstream music that seemed to match the kind of food they were serving. The stage area had a DJ and a Band. Sometimes the DJ would play, sometimes the band or a person would play. I remember one time both DJ and Band member(s) played together spontaneously in the spur of the moment.

There were a lot of rough looking guys here, but they seemed happy and chill here and they did not scare me per say in this Place.
This man walked past us Carefree, smiled very briefly at the parents, waved at some people, gave quick instructions at some Fellow workers/compound members or whatever nearby, and went on to the stage area. Something was kinda different about him, the major one being that he was wearing only Pants, Underwear Pants. A grown man wearing only Pants walking around in Public and every other adult did not mind, even I did not pay attention to it per say, but something clicked Somewhere in My Subconscious that this was very Unusual. He was pretty slim and Below average height. He walked to the stage area, stayed a bit there, and and then went backstage, all the while he had a Joint in His Hand he was taking Puffs from. Two young men or late teenagers that looked very much like him followed shortly. One was a bit light skinned and held a very bright Yellow/Gold Saxophone �
I saw these women dressed in Very similar Skimpy outfits and very unusual makeups. Now a lot of women here wear Skimpy clothes here but these women's own were very Distinct. These make-ups, some were kinda nice in a weird way, some were masqueradish, etc but they were all pretty cool and Exciting to me. They were at different places in the main area and they Smoked a lot too, a whole lot. I don't think I have ever before in my life till now seen women or ladies Only, gathered together just chilling and all were smoking Marijuana, but then again I'm not a really Outgoing person too.

But the most unusual thing about this compound/Club/event Centre/chill out Zone etc. Was that I saw Chickens walking about amongst people like people themselves. Very very large Chickens, the smallest chicken bird here would be as big as a very Large Turkey. I had never seen anything like it in before in My life. These chickens were not running from anyone and nobody was chasing them. Some of them were wearing large Gold Chains on their Necks, Original gold, the type very Rich Pop Celebrities wear. And if you go Close to them, they will look you in the eye, stare and wait or walk away if they want to. If you tried to attack them they will fight back at you, some were so tall, they reach the knee level of an fairly tall Adult Person. I have never seen anything like that before, since then and till date.

The Man In Pants Came back on stage, this Time in tight Leather abi Nylon Pants, shirtless amd starts to talk, Talk, talk and Talk, all the while smiling, showing his somewhat smoke-stained Teeth. He made the Crowd laugh several times, responded to Questions and hecklers.
After talking for about two hours at least, he then starts his "Underground spiritual Game". The woman in the OP's Post above Comes out to dance Very energitically for a while, another Level of 'Soulfully-deep' music enters the Atmosphere, the night is long, Party and Merrying goes... Etcetera etcetera etcetera.

#throwback to Circa '93, '94

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by ehinmowo: 4:36pm On Dec 10, 2020
peacekante:
grin
Just last week the great FELA Kuti was honored in his former school in UK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM6C9Wn41Gs

Respect to the legend himself. He was say ahead of his generation. He saw things that would take others 40 years to see.
Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by firdaus95026: 5:36pm On Dec 10, 2020
Simple solution...produce another one
Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by Reelmii: 5:39pm On Dec 10, 2020
ko si bi ese fa igbo, ele fa igbo ju baba fela

GBES.......
Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by Samunique(m): 5:48pm On Dec 10, 2020
Herrymax:

the woman nah junkie

grin

1 Like

Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by Gharnew112(m): 8:04pm On Dec 10, 2020
tillaman:
Sorry Aunty Yeni
Such effrontery, they thief una property them still dey wuge for una
If na me I nor go gree o until the property is safe in my home

You people talk to much !! Haba !!
Cho! Cho!! Cho!!!
Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by Wartsnigeria: 8:28pm On Dec 10, 2020
JaneYave:
Laughs .Beg me again!

Lol grin dm instead.
Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by generationz(f): 8:51pm On Dec 10, 2020
GreaterFuture:
Hmmmn, this Woman...

I remember as a boy being put inside a car, around 6 or 7 years I would be. The parents were in the Driver's and front Seat, my Younger Brother, a baby at the time, on the Mother's laps.
We drive past Ayinke house (now LASUTH), the place I was Born. We stopped at an unusually kinda weird, cool place.
They were selling many kinds of food there. Some Smelled very nice, some smelt Funny, others smelt like nothing I've ever perceived before. A lot of different aromas, but non smelt bad. The collection of people too was eclectic. Some Women "Porsche', others dressed in Party clothes, some looking simple, some with funny makeups, Some men in Native wears, others in Corporate wears and some women were dressed very Skimpy too.
Marijuana and Cigarette smoking was everywhere. But people did the marijuana smoking in Groups, a bit away from the main open areas.
The music was nothing like I've seen anywhere and maybe till date. At the entrance some guys and Girls were Casually Playing Instruments for fun. Every canteen and seller was playing some cool Soul, Folk, reggae or mainstream music that seemed to match the kind of food they were serving. The stage area had a DJ and a Band. Sometimes the DJ would play, sometimes the band or a person would play. I remember one time both DJ and Band member(s) played together spontaneously in the spur of the moment.
There were a lot of rough looking guys here, but they seemed happy and chill here and they did not scare me per say in this Place.

This man walked past us Carefree, smiled very briefly at the parents, waved at some people, gave quick instructions at some Fellow workers/compound members nearby, and went on to the stage area. Something was kinda different about him, the major one being that he was wearing only Pants, Underwear Pants. A grown man wearing only Pants walking around in Public and every other adult did not mind, even I did not pay attention to it per say, but something clicked Somewhere in deep in my Subconscious that this was very Unusual. He was pretty slim and a bit Below average height. He walked to the stage area, stayed a bit there, and and then went backstage, all the while he had a Joint in His Hand he was taking Puffs from. Two young men or late teenagers that looked very much like him followed shortly. One was a bit light skinned and held a very bright Yellow/Gold Saxophone �

I saw these women dressed in Very similar Skimpy outfits and very unusual Loud makeups. Now a number of women here wear Skimpy clothes, but these women's own were very Distinct. Their make-ups was a whole different thing, some were kinda weird, some were masqueradish, others Alluring Etc. but they were all pretty cool and Exciting to me. They were at different places in the main area and they Smoked a lot too, a whole lot. I don't think I have ever before in my life till now seen women or ladies Only, gathered together just chilling and all were smoking Marijuana, but then again I'm not a really Outgoing person too.

But the most unusual thing about this compound/Club/event Centre/chill out Zone etc. Was that I saw Chickens walking about amongst people like they were people themselves, Very very large Chickens. The smallest chicken bird here would be as big as a very Large Turkey. I had never seen anything like it before in My life. These chickens were not running from anyone and nobody was chasing them. Some of them were wearing large Gold Chains on their Necks, Original gold, the type very Rich Pop Celebrities wear. And if you go Close to them, they will look you in the eye, stare and wait or walk away if they want to. If you tried to attack or chase them they will fight back at you, some were so tall, they reach the knee level of an adult Person with average height. I have never seen anything like that before since then and till date.

The Man In UnderPants Came back on stage, this Time in Skintight Leather abi Nylon trousers, shirtless and starts to talk, Talk, talk and Talk, all the while smiling, showing his somewhat smoke-stained Teeth. He made the Crowd laugh several times, responded to Questions and even hecklers.
After talking for about two hours at least, he then started his "Underground spiritual Game". The woman in the OP's Post above Comes out to dance Very enegertically for a while, then another Level of 'Soulfully-deep' music enters the Atmosphere, the night is long, Party and Merrying goes... Etcetera, etcetera etcetera.

#throwback to Circa '93, '94

Do you think those chickens we're humans or spirits?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Maheeda As A Gospel Artiste 4 Years Ago (photos) / Photo: Davido Acquires New Customized Gold And Diamond Encrusted Neckpiece / "I no Be Tonto Husband, I Dey Knack Wella" Zlatan Shades Olakunle Churchill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.