Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,903 members, 7,810,468 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:37 AM

Lagos RRS Commander, Tunji Disu Redeployed To Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos RRS Commander, Tunji Disu Redeployed To Abuja (23388 Views)

Kaycee Madu Cleared Of Wrongdoing, Redeployed To Labour Ministry / Full Profile Of New IRT Boss, Tunji Disu As IG Removes Abba Kyari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos RRS Commander, Tunji Disu Redeployed To Abuja by drinoayo: 6:35pm On Dec 10, 2020
Commander of the Rapid Response Squad (RRS) of Lagos State Police Command Tunji Disu has been redeployed to Abuja.

The deputy commissioner of police was directed on Wednesday to report to the Operations Department at the Force Headquarters, Igbere TV reports.

Chairman of the Lagos State task force on environmental and other special offences Saheed Egbeyemi has been appointed as his replacement.

Also, Mr Egbeyemi will be replaced by the commander of the Governor’s Monitoring Team (GMT) Sola Jejeloye while Ibrahim Bakare will replace Mr Jejeloye as GMT commander.

Commissioner of Police Hakeem Odumosu, however, retained his position.

Disu had on Wednesday said in a Facebook post that he was grateful for his “struggle”.

“I’m thankful for my struggle because without it I wouldn’t have stumbled across my strength. Alhamdullilah Robi Allahmin. New frontiers,” he wrote, suggesting a new role.

Disu changed the face of the RRS with his catchphrase ‘The Good Guys’.

He had in the past served as aide-de-camp to former Lagos governor Bola Tinubu.

Disu was an officer-in-charge of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), Ondo State Police Command, and subsequently officer-in-charge of SARS, Oyo and Rivers States Police Command.

https://twitter.com/DejiAdesogan/status/1336998600275095552?s=20

6 Likes

Re: Lagos RRS Commander, Tunji Disu Redeployed To Abuja by PrinceOfLagos: 6:36pm On Dec 10, 2020
If it's not New York city police department (N.Y.P.D) fuckoff. cool

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos RRS Commander, Tunji Disu Redeployed To Abuja by Fasindo: 7:12pm On Dec 10, 2020
shocked

Tunji Disu welcome to Abuja.
You has so much stayed in South West

Seems like once NPF higher authorities are not happy with u they will transfer you to Force Headquarters Abuja.

He shoulder assigned to patrol Abuja-Kaduna express road with his new men

7 Likes

Re: Lagos RRS Commander, Tunji Disu Redeployed To Abuja by uptimumOne23(m): 7:27pm On Dec 10, 2020
Tunji Disu will really be missed in Lagos... His expertise are that of world class. I hope the next person that takes over RRS team will emulate your good work and also bring new ideas.

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos RRS Commander, Tunji Disu Redeployed To Abuja by Opexzy: 7:39pm On Dec 10, 2020
RRS is a typical example of how a reasonable and civilized policing unit should behave. Not the criminals that are being paraded as SARS.

State policing is the way, RRS, which Lagos state funds is a laudable achievement, EVEN all the activities of hisbah police in the north are lawful.

Our leaders can easily compare how much a bag of rice is being sold in Nigeria with the US, but will never compare their police structure with Nigeria.

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos RRS Commander, Tunji Disu Redeployed To Abuja by OlujobaSamuel: 7:40pm On Dec 10, 2020
Probably to be in charge of the new SWAT.
I just hope he is given necessary assistance that made RRS successful if that is why he was transferred

15 Likes

Re: Lagos RRS Commander, Tunji Disu Redeployed To Abuja by slawormiir: 7:55pm On Dec 10, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....
The thing go pain am smalll
That is one bad thing about all these military. Police and paramilitary work

Once you want dey enjoy the fruits of your labor,hard work or probably you don dey used to that environment
then boom them go post and transfer you make you go restart from another place

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos RRS Commander, Tunji Disu Redeployed To Abuja by bolaayenimo: 7:56pm On Dec 10, 2020
nice guy. made RRS the opposite of SARS

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos RRS Commander, Tunji Disu Redeployed To Abuja by Nobody: 7:56pm On Dec 10, 2020
Mr. Tunji is one of the people who made RRS Lagos what it is today. This is sad for Lagos honestly.

I wish him the very best in his new position. He's one of the best guy's in the entire force. cry

I'm hoping the new commander of the RRS continues in this guy's legacy.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos RRS Commander, Tunji Disu Redeployed To Abuja by tstx(m): 7:57pm On Dec 10, 2020
Okay
Re: Lagos RRS Commander, Tunji Disu Redeployed To Abuja by Omezif(m): 7:57pm On Dec 10, 2020
Congrates to him! Abuja must have been another place he's ambitioning to serve. Greet buhari and remind him how cost things are in the market and help open our border. But if he outwited or bribed you, don't worry, others are in the same boat.
Re: Lagos RRS Commander, Tunji Disu Redeployed To Abuja by Nobody: 7:58pm On Dec 10, 2020
sad E no go better for all my Ex boyfriends for deceiving me with marriage but after sex all of una run. I feel bad to lose my virginity to you seyi. I know you are on Nairaland. May God punish you for leading me down this lane. My pusssssy will judge all of you bastards sad

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos RRS Commander, Tunji Disu Redeployed To Abuja by gungab(m): 7:58pm On Dec 10, 2020
Salute
Re: Lagos RRS Commander, Tunji Disu Redeployed To Abuja by rowland545(m): 7:59pm On Dec 10, 2020
This one nah tinubu boy....but I heard d police in Lagos r doing well..

So maybe he's good...what do I know...
Re: Lagos RRS Commander, Tunji Disu Redeployed To Abuja by Usihyelda(m): 7:59pm On Dec 10, 2020
Hmmmm[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Lagos RRS Commander, Tunji Disu Redeployed To Abuja by Gharnew112(m): 7:59pm On Dec 10, 2020
bolaayenimo:
nice guy. made RRS the opposite of SARS

You people talk to much !! Haba !!
Cho! Cho!! Cho!!!
Re: Lagos RRS Commander, Tunji Disu Redeployed To Abuja by Itiswellwithnai: 7:59pm On Dec 10, 2020
That's none of my business
Re: Lagos RRS Commander, Tunji Disu Redeployed To Abuja by IamWonderful: 8:00pm On Dec 10, 2020
ok
Re: Lagos RRS Commander, Tunji Disu Redeployed To Abuja by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 10, 2020
It's clear that restructuring and regionalism will benefit SW most...we have the capable hands

13 Likes

Re: Lagos RRS Commander, Tunji Disu Redeployed To Abuja by Bullary: 8:02pm On Dec 10, 2020
Alright
Re: Lagos RRS Commander, Tunji Disu Redeployed To Abuja by Buomo: 8:02pm On Dec 10, 2020
Nice one
Re: Lagos RRS Commander, Tunji Disu Redeployed To Abuja by lagusboyyy(m): 8:03pm On Dec 10, 2020
RRS has proven to be the best and most disciplined (arguably) tactical unit in the history of this country.

I have never read any bad news about them.

I wish Tunji Disu all the best in all his endeavors.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos RRS Commander, Tunji Disu Redeployed To Abuja by ILoveDemMANNA: 8:03pm On Dec 10, 2020
Activist001:
Mr. Tunji is one of the people who made RRS Lagos what it is today. This is sad for Lagos honestly.

I wish him the very best in his new position. He's one of the best guy's in the entire force. cry

I'm hoping the new commander of the RRS continues in this guy's legacy.
You just spoke my mind.
No further comment.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos RRS Commander, Tunji Disu Redeployed To Abuja by paymentvoucher: 8:04pm On Dec 10, 2020
Welcome to Abuja Mr. Disu
Re: Lagos RRS Commander, Tunji Disu Redeployed To Abuja by Nobody: 8:04pm On Dec 10, 2020
Gharnew112:

You people talk to much !! Haba !!
Cho! Cho!! Cho!!!
Truly, he made RRS the opposite of the dreaded SARS.

9 Likes

Re: Lagos RRS Commander, Tunji Disu Redeployed To Abuja by Whiteshield: 8:05pm On Dec 10, 2020
Tunji Disu is a very correct chap. I hope he shines nationally just as he has in Lagos.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos RRS Commander, Tunji Disu Redeployed To Abuja by Sijo01(f): 8:05pm On Dec 10, 2020
He did a decent job with his boys in Lagos.

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

OPC Sacks Fasehun, Appoints New Leader / Release Ubah Or Face Our Wrath, IPOB Warns FG, DSS / Insecurity: Governors Cry Out, Demand Action From Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.