Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,830 members, 7,817,429 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

Jackie Appiah Launches Daycare Center For Sickle Cell Kids - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jackie Appiah Launches Daycare Center For Sickle Cell Kids (13674 Views)

Jackie Appiah Poses With Her New Maserti / Jackie Appiah Buys New Maserati / Jackie Appiah Pictured With George Weah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jackie Appiah Launches Daycare Center For Sickle Cell Kids by CastedAyo: 6:54am On Dec 11, 2020
Ghanaian actress Jackie Appiah has refurbished a paediatric ward at the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital for children suffering from sickle cell anaemia in Ghana, Igbere TV reports.

The 37-year-old shared a video from the well furnished and decorated ward on Instagram on Thursday.

She said it touched her heart to embark on the project after a friend of hers lost her life to sickle cell anaemia.

“I am pleased to be here to hand over a new daycare center called “Jackie’s Corner” for children suffering from sickle cell disease. Sometime last year my friend Jo-Anne Badu lost her life to sickle cell anemia.

“I hope this new ward gives them hope to keep living and keep fighting. I am honored to be here. I am privileged that I can smile and make others smile too. It is my pleasure to hand over ‘Jackie’s corner’ to the management of the Korle Bu Teaching hospital,” she wrote.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CIneN4BHxWc/?igshid=odsk88vd68jg

Jackie is known for caring for children.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZEWz3ygUtM

In 2015, she celebrated her birthday with children from two orphanages in her home country.

She said, “This year, my management team and I decided to bring together over 60 kids from the Teshie and Osu orphanages to a kids play house at airport residential area to celebrate my birthday with them.”

Jackie was born in Toronto, Canada.

She has starred in many Nigerian movies including Black Soul and Bitter Blessing.

9 Likes

Re: Jackie Appiah Launches Daycare Center For Sickle Cell Kids by Realtord43: 7:07am On Dec 11, 2020
God bless you jackie

better than naija olosho actress that only show off waist trainer, car, photo shoot.

they are alway self center and unproductive to the society.

30 Likes

Re: Jackie Appiah Launches Daycare Center For Sickle Cell Kids by Bornsinner7: 7:11am On Dec 11, 2020
Ok

Good one Jackie.. No amount of help to humanity is too little or too small..

You'd always be remembered for the good you do to people

When God blesses you, don't increase your standard of living.. increase your standard of giving

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jackie Appiah Launches Daycare Center For Sickle Cell Kids by SocialJustice: 7:15am On Dec 11, 2020
God bless you Jackie. Those kids need all the love they can get.

4 Likes

Re: Jackie Appiah Launches Daycare Center For Sickle Cell Kids by Bigggloadofcum: 7:15am On Dec 11, 2020
smiley

Very commendable. When God blesses you, the reason for that blessing is for you to help others.

People don't know this. But it is a secret I've learnt overtime that the more you help people, the more the blessing flows.

This principle hasn't failed me for once.

15 Likes

Re: Jackie Appiah Launches Daycare Center For Sickle Cell Kids by Kondomatic(m): 7:22am On Dec 11, 2020
Realtord43:
God bless you jackie

better than naija olosho actress that only show off waist trainer, car, photo shoot.

You don't need to attack Nigerian actresses to make your point. Jackie isn't the only actress in Ghana.

Some Nigeria actresses are doing enough but your obsession with negativity won't let you notice it.

6 Likes

Re: Jackie Appiah Launches Daycare Center For Sickle Cell Kids by thesicilian: 7:23am On Dec 11, 2020
Oddly specific
Re: Jackie Appiah Launches Daycare Center For Sickle Cell Kids by Realtord43: 7:29am On Dec 11, 2020
Kondomatic:
You don't need to attack Nigerian actresses to make your point. Jackie isn't the only actress in Ghana.

Some Nigeria actresses are doing enough but your obsession with negativity won't let you notice it.
No need for long talk, list Nigeria actress that have done something similar like this?

11 Likes

Re: Jackie Appiah Launches Daycare Center For Sickle Cell Kids by Sundaypaul12345: 8:18am On Dec 11, 2020
Nice initiative, God increase and replenish you

1 Like

Re: Jackie Appiah Launches Daycare Center For Sickle Cell Kids by kambili999(f): 8:19am On Dec 11, 2020
Very nice of her

1 Like

Re: Jackie Appiah Launches Daycare Center For Sickle Cell Kids by sam4noow(m): 8:19am On Dec 11, 2020
Kondomatic:

Oya name one....

ode ni eh

4 Likes

Re: Jackie Appiah Launches Daycare Center For Sickle Cell Kids by slawormiir: 8:20am On Dec 11, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Nice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jackie Appiah Launches Daycare Center For Sickle Cell Kids by fourboys: 8:20am On Dec 11, 2020
good
Re: Jackie Appiah Launches Daycare Center For Sickle Cell Kids by Hndrrxxx(m): 8:21am On Dec 11, 2020
Wow

A very welcomed development tho i dont really know her

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jackie Appiah Launches Daycare Center For Sickle Cell Kids by Nobody: 8:23am On Dec 11, 2020
that's so generous of her
God bless her jare
no every Naija artist can do that

1 Like

Re: Jackie Appiah Launches Daycare Center For Sickle Cell Kids by Finnese001: 8:24am On Dec 11, 2020
shocked

Hushpuppi pussy that year grin

1 Like

Re: Jackie Appiah Launches Daycare Center For Sickle Cell Kids by sammysmiles(m): 8:24am On Dec 11, 2020
Good
Re: Jackie Appiah Launches Daycare Center For Sickle Cell Kids by Kaiser20: 8:25am On Dec 11, 2020
Realtord43:
No need for long talk, list Nigeria actress that have done something similar like this?
You are Sick

1 Like

Re: Jackie Appiah Launches Daycare Center For Sickle Cell Kids by AustineCJ: 8:28am On Dec 11, 2020
Stupid Nigerian celebrities will prefer to buy car, spray money on Odumeje,party and tomorrow when it goes north, run to social media and beg us for Gofundme to treat whatever nonsense is worrying them.

4 Likes

Re: Jackie Appiah Launches Daycare Center For Sickle Cell Kids by dalongjnr: 8:31am On Dec 11, 2020
I'm touched!

1 Like

Re: Jackie Appiah Launches Daycare Center For Sickle Cell Kids by Rechargeam: 8:31am On Dec 11, 2020
Nice one.
Re: Jackie Appiah Launches Daycare Center For Sickle Cell Kids by ibnlawal(m): 8:31am On Dec 11, 2020
Wow! This is very commendable.
I've always love this lady. She's beautiful and she's got the brain. Brilliant and intelligent too. Thumbs up!

Barakah lahuu feehi. Nigerian celebs can learn one or two things from this blessed lady

5 Likes

Re: Jackie Appiah Launches Daycare Center For Sickle Cell Kids by Superpower(m): 8:33am On Dec 11, 2020
Realtord43:
God bless you jackie

What have you done? Or are you not a human being.
Re: Jackie Appiah Launches Daycare Center For Sickle Cell Kids by Sijo01(f): 8:34am On Dec 11, 2020
Commendable!

1 Like

Re: Jackie Appiah Launches Daycare Center For Sickle Cell Kids by GIANTPLUSHUB: 8:37am On Dec 11, 2020
Good one!
Re: Jackie Appiah Launches Daycare Center For Sickle Cell Kids by tarantino1: 8:40am On Dec 11, 2020
My childhood crush that year only to increase when I discovered we share same birthday in December recently

Na only her dey make me watch Ghana films that time

2 Likes

Re: Jackie Appiah Launches Daycare Center For Sickle Cell Kids by coolatlantic: 8:44am On Dec 11, 2020
Good development

Fight and win the battle against sickle cell anaemia. This therapy will stop the crisis completely.

Check my signature for details.

1 Like

Re: Jackie Appiah Launches Daycare Center For Sickle Cell Kids by cardoctor(m): 8:59am On Dec 11, 2020
Pikin wey get sense. God bless u

1 Like

Re: Jackie Appiah Launches Daycare Center For Sickle Cell Kids by Lexusgs430: 9:06am On Dec 11, 2020
If only their parents did due diligence...... It's no longer an excuse, in 2020 ...........
Re: Jackie Appiah Launches Daycare Center For Sickle Cell Kids by slimvida(f): 9:08am On Dec 11, 2020
I will do more someday

3 Likes

Re: Jackie Appiah Launches Daycare Center For Sickle Cell Kids by slimvida(f): 9:09am On Dec 11, 2020
Lexusgs430:
If only their parents did due diligence...... It's no longer an excuse, in 2020 ...........

You are very right, it's is high time we break the cycle, dilute the cycle and let it end...

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Betty Irabor Curses Lecturers Involved In Sexual Exploitation Of Female Students / Meet Wizkid's Twin Sister / Top Ten Richest Musicians In Nigeria 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.