Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,674 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:53 PM

Adolf Hitler’s Alligator Preserved Forever At Berlin Zoo After Dying Aged 84(Pix - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Adolf Hitler’s Alligator Preserved Forever At Berlin Zoo After Dying Aged 84(Pix (79613 Views)

1000-Year-Old Chicken Egg Perfectly Preserved In Human Poo Unearthed In Israel / 110-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur's Last Meal Found Preserved In It's Stomach (Pics) / Escaped Lion Found In Kano Zoo After Devouring Goats In Their Cage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adolf Hitler’s Alligator Preserved Forever At Berlin Zoo After Dying Aged 84(Pix by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 11, 2020
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12823797_1_webp_jpeg4ba75fde96a5fb331be9eba9da42fcfe

An alligator rumoured to have belonged to Adolf Hitler has been preserved forever after dying this year at Moscow Zoo.

The 84-year-old reptile was found by British soldiers in Berlin after the Second World War and passed to the Red Army.

Named Saturn, the alligator was taken to the Soviet capital in 1946 and became an icon of Moscow Zoo for generations of children.

The beast’s skin was donated to the city’s Darwin Museum and after work by taxidermists the reptile will go on display in the New Year when Covid-19 restrictions are eased.

Known to have been a pre-war star attraction at Berlin Zoo in Nazi Germany, the story also circulated that the reptile had been in the Führer’s personal pet collection, as suggested by famous Russian writer Boris Akunin.

Dmitry Vasilyev, a vet at Moscow Zoo, said there was no doubt that Hitler admired the alligator. Saturn died in May, shortly after the 75th anniversary of the tyrant’s defeat.

The alligator was born in the wild in Mississippi in 1936 before being caught and shipped to Berlin Zoo. There is mystery over Saturn's whereabouts after Berlin was bombed from November 1943.

He was eventually found by British soldiers three years later. One theory is he “hid in basements, dark corners and sewage drains”, another that he was in the menagerie of a senior Nazi.

In the early 1990s, Saturn witnessed the Soviet collapse and reports said he had “tears in his eyes” when tanks shot the nearby Russian parliament because it “reminded him of the bombing of Berlin”.

The museum said: "The installation of Saturn in the permanent exhibition is the culmination of six months of work by our taxidermist. “No reptile of the museum has such a rich biography.

“Moscow Zoo entrusted us with perpetuating the memory of the alligator Saturn. “He was, without exaggeration, a legend of the zoo and had seen a lot in his lifetime.”

Museum official Dmitry Miloserdov said it was “the second birth of Saturn - the story of how ‘Hitler’s alligator’ became immortal.”

Source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13446237/adolf-hitlers-alligator-saturn-preserved-forever-after-dying/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adolf Hitler’s Alligator Preserved Forever At Berlin Zoo After Dying Aged 84(Pix by donbachi(m): 6:42pm On Dec 11, 2020
German kilishi

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adolf Hitler’s Alligator Preserved Forever At Berlin Zoo After Dying Aged 84(Pix by Karlifate: 6:42pm On Dec 11, 2020
Interesting!

cheesy

NAtionale soZIalist alligator.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adolf Hitler’s Alligator Preserved Forever At Berlin Zoo After Dying Aged 84(Pix by DenreleDave(m): 6:42pm On Dec 11, 2020
undecided undecided undecided

They are wrong, this is a crocodile... Not an alligator... An alligator is very small just like lizard... For the 1st time, the Germans are wrong

Just like I can't spot this difference BTW a Hoe and a runs girl

Same way I can't differentiate BTW Alligator and crocodile

82 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Adolf Hitler’s Alligator Preserved Forever At Berlin Zoo After Dying Aged 84(Pix by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 11, 2020
Adolf Hitler lives forever.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adolf Hitler’s Alligator Preserved Forever At Berlin Zoo After Dying Aged 84(Pix by Sundaygeorge: 6:44pm On Dec 11, 2020
Ok
Re: Adolf Hitler’s Alligator Preserved Forever At Berlin Zoo After Dying Aged 84(Pix by Juliusmomoh: 6:44pm On Dec 11, 2020
Am grateful to nairaland for the insight so far....

5 Likes

Re: Adolf Hitler’s Alligator Preserved Forever At Berlin Zoo After Dying Aged 84(Pix by DenreleDave(m): 6:45pm On Dec 11, 2020
Robert1da:

In your life

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adolf Hitler’s Alligator Preserved Forever At Berlin Zoo After Dying Aged 84(Pix by osamz007: 6:46pm On Dec 11, 2020
OYINBO PEOPLE SEF

ANOTHER GENERATION GO COME RECOVER AM AFTER 70 MILLION YEARS

88 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Adolf Hitler’s Alligator Preserved Forever At Berlin Zoo After Dying Aged 84(Pix by lkillbrokehoes: 6:50pm On Dec 11, 2020
White people are crazy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adolf Hitler’s Alligator Preserved Forever At Berlin Zoo After Dying Aged 84(Pix by GOFRONT(m): 7:00pm On Dec 11, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: Adolf Hitler’s Alligator Preserved Forever At Berlin Zoo After Dying Aged 84(Pix by Juliusmomoh: 7:10pm On Dec 11, 2020
DenreleDave:

They are wrong, this is a crocodile... Not an alligator... An alligator is very small just like lizard... For the 1st time, the Germans are wrong

U be oga for this thing o cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Adolf Hitler’s Alligator Preserved Forever At Berlin Zoo After Dying Aged 84(Pix by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 11, 2020
Why? Because it's Adolf Hiltlers' ? Funny. They should have mummified adolfs Hiltler himself.

I wonder why they want to keep the memory of that killer.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adolf Hitler’s Alligator Preserved Forever At Berlin Zoo After Dying Aged 84(Pix by Madibah(m): 7:48pm On Dec 11, 2020
DenreleDave:

Olodo ni bobo yi sha grin grin

That's an alligator
Crocodile can't stand with hand stretched

Alligator is far more bigger than making it comparison to lizard

Make your findings about them, alligators can be 15ft big or bigger

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Adolf Hitler’s Alligator Preserved Forever At Berlin Zoo After Dying Aged 84(Pix by Nairalandwizerd(m): 7:50pm On Dec 11, 2020
Ok

1 Like

Re: Adolf Hitler’s Alligator Preserved Forever At Berlin Zoo After Dying Aged 84(Pix by theFilmtric: 8:08pm On Dec 11, 2020
shocked

theFilmtricsay
Re: Adolf Hitler’s Alligator Preserved Forever At Berlin Zoo After Dying Aged 84(Pix by tillaman(m): 8:38pm On Dec 11, 2020
sad
Re: Adolf Hitler’s Alligator Preserved Forever At Berlin Zoo After Dying Aged 84(Pix by Biglittlelois(f): 8:41pm On Dec 11, 2020
Robert1da:

In your head.

10 Likes

Re: Adolf Hitler’s Alligator Preserved Forever At Berlin Zoo After Dying Aged 84(Pix by Biglittlelois(f): 8:42pm On Dec 11, 2020
It must have fed fat from captured Jews, Hitler would have surely instructed that.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adolf Hitler’s Alligator Preserved Forever At Berlin Zoo After Dying Aged 84(Pix by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 11, 2020
Biglittlelois:

In your head.

In my head, in your head
And in history.

5 Likes

Re: Adolf Hitler’s Alligator Preserved Forever At Berlin Zoo After Dying Aged 84(Pix by Biglittlelois(f): 8:50pm On Dec 11, 2020
[s]
Robert1da:

In my head, in your head
And in history.
[/s]

Only in history, nobody gives two fvcks about him in our everyday lives.

7 Likes

Re: Adolf Hitler’s Alligator Preserved Forever At Berlin Zoo After Dying Aged 84(Pix by Dreyton36: 9:51pm On Dec 11, 2020
DenreleDave:

Cruise grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adolf Hitler’s Alligator Preserved Forever At Berlin Zoo After Dying Aged 84(Pix by GodWrites: 10:05pm On Dec 11, 2020
If you must eat a frog, eat the fat one. Despite the fact that Adolf didn't contribute to humanity, at least he is remembered today as the legendary tyrant who caused the death of over 20 million n
Jews.

If dude was still alive, he will have a verified twitter account, a strong Instagram fan base, with lots of hoes running up and down like our Nigerian Ladies.

You'll be seeing news like, "Peter Okoye paid Adolf Hitlar a visit in his mansion in Germany".

The world doesn't remember cowards. You either beat the system, join the system, or you tire it down.

But you can choose to die a mediocre life, where in two generations, your name is forgotten, and the only sign you ever existed in this vast universe is a tombstone in a cemetery.

That's if they even give you a tombstone!

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Adolf Hitler’s Alligator Preserved Forever At Berlin Zoo After Dying Aged 84(Pix by Zeeknow3245(m): 10:21pm On Dec 11, 2020
DenreleDave:

The major difference is that Alligator teeth doesn't show when its mouth is closed but Crocs teeth are vivid when it is closed. You grasp?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adolf Hitler’s Alligator Preserved Forever At Berlin Zoo After Dying Aged 84(Pix by lincsnuel: 10:36pm On Dec 11, 2020
In about 500 years time another group of mad scientists will still discover this one and start telling us how it is one of the wonders of the world! grin
Re: Adolf Hitler’s Alligator Preserved Forever At Berlin Zoo After Dying Aged 84(Pix by Biglittlelois(f): 10:39pm On Dec 11, 2020
GodWrites:

If dude was still alive, he will have a verified twitter account, a strong Instagram fan base, with lots of hoes running up and down like our Nigerian Ladies.

The belittling of your kind from a typical black man

Your level of thought process is disgusting, a brain very minute even for a new born.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adolf Hitler’s Alligator Preserved Forever At Berlin Zoo After Dying Aged 84(Pix by nairalander2020(m): 10:43pm On Dec 11, 2020
DenreleDave:

guy the smaller one wey you the talk about na monitor lizard.
alligator the big like crocodile.

4 Likes

Re: Adolf Hitler’s Alligator Preserved Forever At Berlin Zoo After Dying Aged 84(Pix by GodWrites: 10:49pm On Dec 11, 2020
Biglittlelois:

The belittling of your kind from a typical black man

Your level of thought process is disgusting, a brain very minute even for a new born.

Here she comes, like the wolf she is. What are you gonna do? Devour me like your kind did to Hitler?

We all know that whatever Hitler did, there was a manipulative hoe stirring his reasoning, whispering words, planting thoughts.

I don't pay your kind attention, you're only reacting to your programmed biological needs.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adolf Hitler’s Alligator Preserved Forever At Berlin Zoo After Dying Aged 84(Pix by Biglittlelois(f): 11:13pm On Dec 11, 2020
GodWrites:

Here she comes, like the wolf she is. What are you gonna do? Devour me like your kind did to Hitler?

We all know that whatever Hitler did, there was a manipulative hoe stirring his reasoning, whispering words, planting thoughts.

I don't pay your kind attention, you're only reacting to your programmed biological needs.

Really? You had to objectify me using my gender? You are so unwell you don't even know it yet

As much as it is highly impressive that a woman can stir and control(an assumption I presume) the almighty Hitler to go astray(a weakness men of now would never accept it exist), it is also disgusting that you guys keep pushing blame to women for any little woes that befall you, making it seem like you all can't think for yourselves or have a mind of your own,

So who is the weaker and stronger sex now?

Very limited, thoughtless and biased entity.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adolf Hitler’s Alligator Preserved Forever At Berlin Zoo After Dying Aged 84(Pix by abidoye21722: 11:21pm On Dec 11, 2020
In about 500 years time another group of mad scientists will still discover this one and start telling us how it is one of the wonders of the world!
Re: Adolf Hitler’s Alligator Preserved Forever At Berlin Zoo After Dying Aged 84(Pix by Nobody: 11:52pm On Dec 11, 2020
DidYUknow:
Lovely..

I liked the Pic cos it's the kinda stuff I love to dispute and ponder over. (purely on principle and Cos it tickles my mind.)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meet Rare White Lion With Gorgeous Hairstyle (Pictures) / World’s Worst Ever Zoo Attacks As Bears, Tigers& Gorillas Attack People(Pix) / Manatee Caught By Fishermen At Obuamu River In Rivers State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.