Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Customized Iron Works - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Customized Iron Works (5893 Views)

Customized Bungalow Plan / How Much Is Local Iron Rod 12mm And 16mm / Classy Iron Works (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Customized Iron Works by EgunMogaji2: 8:29pm On Dec 11, 2020
This thread will showcase customized iron works and fabrications that are offered for sale.
Re: Customized Iron Works by EgunMogaji2: 8:38pm On Dec 11, 2020
Re: Customized Iron Works by EgunMogaji2: 3:26pm On Dec 13, 2020
Creating this bench that’s inspired by @Pinterest.

5 Likes

Re: Customized Iron Works by EgunMogaji2: 8:34pm On Dec 13, 2020
Next step is welding, painting and then staining.

I’ll never use Bondo on my work as I find it counter intuitive. Also the metal will be primered before painting. The wood will be planed and edges routed before staining.

1 Like

Re: Customized Iron Works by EgunMogaji2: 4:46pm On Dec 14, 2020
Update

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customized Iron Works by DisGuy: 4:52pm On Dec 14, 2020
Will the wood stay in place or it's designed to be removable?

Also wanted to ask, the ideas you get off Pinterest...do they come with measurements or you figure it out?

Chic!

3 Likes

Re: Customized Iron Works by EgunMogaji2: 5:00pm On Dec 14, 2020
DisGuy:
Will the wood stay in place or it's designed to me removable?

Also wanted to ask, the ideas you get off Pinterest...do they come with measurements or you figure it out?

Chic!

I’m improving on the design by being able to break this down for shipping. So it can be flat packed like an iKea product.

Some have measurements but most don’t. I like the flexibility of sizing.

1 Like

Re: Customized Iron Works by DisGuy: 5:22pm On Dec 14, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I’m improving on the design by being able to break this down for shipping. So it can be flat packed like an iKea product.

Some have measurements but most don’t. I like the flexibility of sizing.

Even more impressive!! Voila!

2 Likes

Re: Customized Iron Works by michlins(m): 6:04pm On Dec 14, 2020
How much is that generator you have got there. That's next on my plans so I want to have an idea of what I'm getting into. I already got one but I intend to buy a 300 watts inverter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customized Iron Works by EgunMogaji2: 6:29pm On Dec 14, 2020
DisGuy:

Even more impressive!! Voila!

I want to try to mimic western ways of doing things. I’ll include tools for assembly.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Customized Iron Works by EgunMogaji2: 6:31pm On Dec 14, 2020
michlins:
How much is that generator you have got there. That's next on my plans so I want to have an idea of what I'm getting into. I already got one but I intend to buy a 300 watts inverter

That gen is not powerful enough for my MaxMech inverter 300. It’s a Sumec Firman 4000.

My start and weld should arrive next week.
Re: Customized Iron Works by EgunMogaji2: 12:34pm On Dec 15, 2020
I got sick and tired of switching plugs and outlets so I installed an outlet directly on the table.

I also changed all the plugs to standard fused 3 prong type.

#Efficiency

1 Like

Re: Customized Iron Works by EgunMogaji2: 11:39am On Dec 16, 2020
Creating residence name.

1 Like

Re: Customized Iron Works by twinskenny(m): 1:38pm On Dec 16, 2020
Following

1 Like

Re: Customized Iron Works by EgunMogaji2: 3:27pm On Dec 16, 2020
EgunMogaji2:
Creating residence name.

Still on the matter.

Will be painted bronze.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customized Iron Works by michlins(m): 4:56pm On Dec 16, 2020
When this excitement dies down and you pick up new interest, I will love to buy your tools.

4 Likes

Re: Customized Iron Works by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:12pm On Dec 16, 2020
michlins:
When this excitement dies down and you pick up new interest, I will love to buy your tools.

Savage smiley

4 Likes

Re: Customized Iron Works by EgunMogaji2: 6:28pm On Dec 16, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Savage smiley

Is it? cheesy
Re: Customized Iron Works by EgunMogaji2: 6:32pm On Dec 16, 2020
Almost there.

No 12” wide boards so I’ll have to create one.

Researching stains that are available locally.

3 Likes

Re: Customized Iron Works by EgunMogaji2: 6:34pm On Dec 16, 2020
michlins:

You mean some of these 110 volt tools that I’ve had for 5 to 10 years?

Dream on.

6 Likes

Re: Customized Iron Works by EgunMogaji2: 6:46pm On Dec 17, 2020
Need to work on my welds. But I’m motivated by my improvements.

Added a few more tools to the arsenal grin

Re: Customized Iron Works by DisGuy: 6:54pm On Dec 17, 2020
Was expecting a Casa Mogaji grin

Like wood can the welded sections be 'sandpapered' ?

Looking forward to the final version in gunmetal grey
Re: Customized Iron Works by EgunMogaji2: 7:22pm On Dec 17, 2020
DisGuy:
Was expecting a Casa Mogaji grin

Like wood can the welded sections be 'sandpapered' ?

Looking forward to the final version in gunmetal grey

Oh yes the welds will be ground down.

Thanks.
Re: Customized Iron Works by EgunMogaji2: 7:00pm On Dec 18, 2020
Finished welding the four limited pieces of this design that I’ll offer for sale.

Re: Customized Iron Works by michlins(m): 10:21pm On Dec 18, 2020
You need to improve on your welding. First reduce the machine power to something like 120 and get yourself a binding wire. It will help you.

You will still need to smoothen the surface very much before applying the body filler
Re: Customized Iron Works by EgunMogaji2: 2:10am On Dec 19, 2020
michlins:
You need to improve on your welding. First reduce the machine power to something like 120 and get yourself a binding wire. It will help you.

You will still need to smoothen the surface very much before applying the body filler

1) I started welding practically two weeks ago. As with anything I do I’ll master it no doubt. I’m not doing too bad.

2) I’m already using binding wire and sometimes electrodes stripped off.

3) I’ll never use body filler on my projects. That’ll be like putting lipstick on a pig.

4) 120 ke? I’ve never went above 80.
Re: Customized Iron Works by kopell: 2:32am On Dec 19, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

1) I started welding practically two weeks ago. As with anything I do I’ll master it no doubt. I’m not doing too bad.

3) I’ll never use body filler on my projects. That’ll be like putting lipstick on a pig.

Egun after retired that when you pick up this creative ideas, just be careful with your eyes make sure you're using your welding shield well ooo

1 Like

Re: Customized Iron Works by michlins(m): 2:54am On Dec 19, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I weld with 150 and above lols
Re: Customized Iron Works by EgunMogaji2: 4:02am On Dec 19, 2020
kopell:
Egun after retired that when you pick up this creative ideas, just be careful with your eyes make sure you're using your welding shield well ooo

Thanks Sir, I’m using welding goggles but will pick up better automatic welding helmet when I go stateside next year.

Learning to weld is part of my bucket list that I’m checking off.

4 Likes

Re: Customized Iron Works by EgunMogaji2: 4:04am On Dec 19, 2020
@gbadexy Do you sell filler primers as well as anti rust metal paint similar to Rustoleum?

Thanks.
Re: Customized Iron Works by gbadexy(m): 7:08am On Dec 19, 2020
EgunMogaji2:
@gbadexy Do you sell filler primers as well as anti rust metal paint similar to Rustoleum?

Thanks.
Is it the two different parts filler used for metal works sir?
I have no idea what Rustoleum is. If it's not zinc silicate primer but the regular one used for metal protection in Nigeria, then I make it.

Modified: I actually just responded to the mention before reading the thread to know it's about metal works.

1 Like

Re: Customized Iron Works by EgunMogaji2: 7:20am On Dec 19, 2020
gbadexy:

Is it the two different parts filler used for metal works sir?
I have no idea what Rustoleum is. If it's not zinc silicate primer but the regular one used for metal protection in Nigeria, then I make it.

Modified: I actually just responded to the mention before reading the thread to know it's about metal works.

No, it’s not Bondo. It’s this - https://www.duplicolor.com/product/filler-primer/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

List Of Various Apartments For Let In Ikoyi V.i,oniru,lekki 1 And Lekki Axis! / New Method of Parapet (Concrete Fascia) / 3 Storey Building Hostel For Sale - Cofo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.