Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,205 members, 7,811,554 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:30 PM

Pelosi: GOP 'Brought Dishonor To The House' For Supporting Election Lawsuit - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Pelosi: GOP 'Brought Dishonor To The House' For Supporting Election Lawsuit (17253 Views)

Keir Stammer Kicked Out Of Pub For Supporting COVID-19 Lockdown / Supreme Court Rejects GOP's Bid To Nullify Biden's Win In Pennsylvania / Nancy Pelosi Refuses To Commit To Sending Articles Of Impeachment To Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pelosi: GOP 'Brought Dishonor To The House' For Supporting Election Lawsuit by joelbooks: 8:51am On Dec 12, 2020
Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) hammered House Republicans who joined onto a lawsuit from Texas seeking to overturn the results of the presidential election in four battleground states.

Pelosi hailed the Supreme Court’s decision to dismiss the suit, which sought to subvert the results from Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, but noted that 126 Republican House members signed onto the suit, which was based on spurious claims of voter fraud. Among the Republicans who jumped onto the suit were House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) and Rep. Steve Scalise (R-La.), the No. 2 House Republican.

“The 126 Republican Members that signed onto this lawsuit brought dishonor to the House. Instead of upholding their oath to support and defend the Constitution, they chose to subvert the Constitution and undermine public trust in our sacred democratic institutions,” Pelosi said in a statement.

“The pandemic is raging, with nearly 300,000 having died and tens of millions having lost jobs," she added. "Strong, unified action is needed to crush the virus, and Republicans must once and for all end their election subversion – immediately.”

The rebuke came after the high court shot down the suit from Texas, which 17 other state attorneys general signed on to.

The defeat marked the most stinging setback in the GOP’s efforts to overturn the election results, which is facing a vanishing window given the upcoming meeting of the Electoral College on Monday when the tallies will be certified.

The court ruled that Texas lacked the legal right to litigate over how other states conduct their elections.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/529931-pelosi-gop-brought-dishonor-to-the-house-for-supporting-election-lawsuit

16 Likes

Re: Pelosi: GOP 'Brought Dishonor To The House' For Supporting Election Lawsuit by slawormiir: 8:54am On Dec 12, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright ....

Muhylonaire007:

Nigga!!!!
I dey always follow you steady on this platform.
Shey you will not make me one of your disciple like this? I wan learn from you biko
Abeg nor too loud am o
Before bros Righteousness89 go say as i don dey get fans and followers so he mean say na the beginning of end time

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Pelosi: GOP 'Brought Dishonor To The House' For Supporting Election Lawsuit by Muhylonaire007: 8:54am On Dec 12, 2020
Damn nigga! grin grin grin grin
Slawomir haafa na.
Make I come your DM?

2 Likes

Re: Pelosi: GOP 'Brought Dishonor To The House' For Supporting Election Lawsuit by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 12, 2020
Keep it up
Re: Pelosi: GOP 'Brought Dishonor To The House' For Supporting Election Lawsuit by MilesMaxwell: 8:54am On Dec 12, 2020
Good
Re: Pelosi: GOP 'Brought Dishonor To The House' For Supporting Election Lawsuit by rolams(m): 8:55am On Dec 12, 2020
Tell them!
Re: Pelosi: GOP 'Brought Dishonor To The House' For Supporting Election Lawsuit by wman(m): 8:55am On Dec 12, 2020
After all the accusations and claims, they couldn't even prove anything in court.

Funny thing is that 6 out of 9 US Supreme Court judges are conservative/Republicans.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pelosi: GOP 'Brought Dishonor To The House' For Supporting Election Lawsuit by big7: 8:55am On Dec 12, 2020
Ok
Re: Pelosi: GOP 'Brought Dishonor To The House' For Supporting Election Lawsuit by joelbooks: 8:55am On Dec 12, 2020
Re: Pelosi: GOP 'Brought Dishonor To The House' For Supporting Election Lawsuit by Muhylonaire007: 8:55am On Dec 12, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

Nigga!!!!
I dey always follow you steady on this platform.
Shey you will not make me one of your disciple like this? I wan learn from you biko

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pelosi: GOP 'Brought Dishonor To The House' For Supporting Election Lawsuit by Patrioticman007(m): 8:56am On Dec 12, 2020
Facts to know about Dump Okoro Trump naked dance

1.The rebuke came after the high court shot down the suit from Texas, which 17 other state attorneys general signed on to.

2. Enugu state in Nigeria seeked to join the suit as the 18th state, but was told no matter how high a cockerel fly, it shall never be called a Bird, moreover they are from a shit hole country.

3. The fugitive N KANU, donated money meant for poor ipobians to Dump Trump re election war chest, while emeka, Ngozi & others in the pen suffer in poverty.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pelosi: GOP 'Brought Dishonor To The House' For Supporting Election Lawsuit by rawtouch: 8:56am On Dec 12, 2020
the institutions are being strengthened
Re: Pelosi: GOP 'Brought Dishonor To The House' For Supporting Election Lawsuit by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 12, 2020
Really not nice, more like a dent on America's election credibility and system in general

2 Likes

Re: Pelosi: GOP 'Brought Dishonor To The House' For Supporting Election Lawsuit by Duplik8t77(m): 8:56am On Dec 12, 2020
First off, Nancy Pelosi is a sweet looking hot-mom.

Secondly, I thought Trump already lost, is she not supposed to be happy now?

5 Likes

Re: Pelosi: GOP 'Brought Dishonor To The House' For Supporting Election Lawsuit by Pondabrown: 8:56am On Dec 12, 2020
Because a Democrat has won the election she don dey talk about peace and unity of the United States.

16 Likes

Re: Pelosi: GOP 'Brought Dishonor To The House' For Supporting Election Lawsuit by DestroyEvil: 8:58am On Dec 12, 2020
Old haggard Bitch!
When Satan deceives evil people to think they are powerful, it is to destroy them after using them to destroy good people.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pelosi: GOP 'Brought Dishonor To The House' For Supporting Election Lawsuit by Uyi168: 8:58am On Dec 12, 2020
Correct milf.
cool kiss
Re: Pelosi: GOP 'Brought Dishonor To The House' For Supporting Election Lawsuit by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 12, 2020

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pelosi: GOP 'Brought Dishonor To The House' For Supporting Election Lawsuit by emperorAY(m): 8:59am On Dec 12, 2020
strong institutions matter

1 Like

Re: Pelosi: GOP 'Brought Dishonor To The House' For Supporting Election Lawsuit by Flier: 8:59am On Dec 12, 2020
wman:
After all the accusations and claims, they couldn't even prove anything in court.

Funny thing is that 6 out of 9 US Supreme Court judges are conservative/Republicans.
Re: Pelosi: GOP 'Brought Dishonor To The House' For Supporting Election Lawsuit by 5Designs: 8:59am On Dec 12, 2020
I Design 2d ANIMATIONS and motion graphics to advertise your business. I also design logos, flyers. Reach wider audience today! Send me a message on whatsapp via 0-90-64458109
Re: Pelosi: GOP 'Brought Dishonor To The House' For Supporting Election Lawsuit by Firstorderwizard(m): 8:59am On Dec 12, 2020
Just like brown roof zombies voted in the disaster we have today

1 Like

Re: Pelosi: GOP 'Brought Dishonor To The House' For Supporting Election Lawsuit by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:00am On Dec 12, 2020
At the end It all ended in tears for Trump and his allies. embarassed

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pelosi: GOP 'Brought Dishonor To The House' For Supporting Election Lawsuit by Nobody: 9:01am On Dec 12, 2020
wman:

Read the judgment again; they said Texas court lacks the jurisdiction to decide on how other states should conduct their election. It's not a matter whether there was fraud or not ...it didn't get to that

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pelosi: GOP 'Brought Dishonor To The House' For Supporting Election Lawsuit by Maximar: 9:01am On Dec 12, 2020
Uyi168:
Correct milf.
cool kiss

Lol... she's almost 81 years o
Re: Pelosi: GOP 'Brought Dishonor To The House' For Supporting Election Lawsuit by Nobody: 9:01am On Dec 12, 2020
Y’all be fast with this election bruhaha! I wanna leave Nigeria soon! Haha

2 Likes

Re: Pelosi: GOP 'Brought Dishonor To The House' For Supporting Election Lawsuit by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:02am On Dec 12, 2020
America, a country that was my number 1dream country interms of mature politics, has now been reduced to drab politicking because of the greed of Trump

Pelosi my crush

7 Likes

Re: Pelosi: GOP 'Brought Dishonor To The House' For Supporting Election Lawsuit by Bar1941(m): 9:03am On Dec 12, 2020
Trump's greed for power is unprecedented in the history of America, it's shameful the GOP legislators allowed this senseless ugly old man to take them this far.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Trump Acquitted By Senate In Second Impeachment Trial / Niger: Benin Republic Foreign Minister, Olushegun Pledges Support For ECOWAS / Germany Slips Into Recession As Inflation, Higher Interest Bite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.