Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,418 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Shiloh 2020: The Too Many Blunders Of Bishop Oyedepo (A Must Read) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Shiloh 2020: The Too Many Blunders Of Bishop Oyedepo (A Must Read) (3908 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: A Lady From Switzerland Offered To Pay Me To Pray For Her / Oyedepo: A Believer Behaving Like Mumu In Place Of Authority, This Is Evil Govt / Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shiloh 2020: The Too Many Blunders Of Bishop Oyedepo (A Must Read) by Nobody: 6:29pm On Dec 12, 2020
I am sorry for the negative headline. It is because I know many people will not bother to open this thread if it was a POSITIVE headline. This message is for the generation of social media who have turned themselves Reactants and Reactors at the expense of their destiny.

It seems Nigerian youths has lost it. I can't imagine that people could go to Canaan Land, Ota or stay glue to listen to or watch Bishop Oyedepo just because they want to pick his words, twist it, then come to social media and make a mockery of this great and gentle man of God. These "lazy yoots" (according to Mr President), known as zombies and wailers derive joy in ridiculing great men of God but they fight to finish to defend world's most corrupt politicians.

We need to know in this country that Christianity in Nigeria is not our problem but our solution. Pastors are not our problem in Nigeria. The fantastically corrupt politicians who continue to plunder the wealth of our nation in guise of fighting corruption are our real problem and unless we understand this, we will never know the solution. Enough is enough!

In conclusion, I want to enjoy Nigerian youths to shun folly and embrace wisdom. Instead of choosing to criticising pastors (who are many times greater than your generation) as your hobby, why not learn their secrets and enjoy Heaven on Earth like them? You don't need to be a preacher to enjoy what they are enjoying from God as everybody cannot become a preacher at once. A word is enough for the wise!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shiloh 2020: The Too Many Blunders Of Bishop Oyedepo (A Must Read) by Nobody: 6:44pm On Dec 12, 2020
Arrrrrrrh

In as much am an ardent Christian still growing in God's words I will point to you the "pastor" you use. The Bible made us believe that many will come in my name but they are not of me. I will strongly advise to specify them. Use "True pastors " not generalizing them as one. Remember is not every pastor is a pastor. It take the discerning spirit of God to tell. Because mere manifestation are just little to what we should thought.

6 Likes

Re: Shiloh 2020: The Too Many Blunders Of Bishop Oyedepo (A Must Read) by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 12, 2020
Re: Shiloh 2020: The Too Many Blunders Of Bishop Oyedepo (A Must Read) by alexsoftwork(m): 6:59pm On Dec 12, 2020
U just see down write nonsense. Go play with sand.

13 Likes

Re: Shiloh 2020: The Too Many Blunders Of Bishop Oyedepo (A Must Read) by FirstSon01: 7:09pm On Dec 12, 2020
Nigerians like to worship these gods of men so much they believe that as a Christian if you criticise them you won't make heaven.

7 Likes

Re: Shiloh 2020: The Too Many Blunders Of Bishop Oyedepo (A Must Read) by Uzomacharles: 7:18pm On Dec 12, 2020
You act like a kid....
I feel like spitting on your face..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shiloh 2020: The Too Many Blunders Of Bishop Oyedepo (A Must Read) by paxonel(m): 7:20pm On Dec 12, 2020
DamZik:
I am sorry for the negative headline. It is because I know many people will not bother to open this thread if it was a POSITIVE headline. This message is for the generation of social media who have turned themselves Reactants and Reactors at the expense of their destiny.

It seems Nigerian youths has lost it. I can't imagine that people could go to Canaan Land, Ota or stay glue to listen to or watch Bishop Oyedepo just because they want to pick his words, twist it, then come to social media and make a mockery of this great and gentle man of God. These "lazy yoots" (according to Mr President), known as zombies and wailers derive joy in ridiculing great men of God but they fight to finish to defend world's most corrupt politicians.

We need to know in this country that Christianity in Nigeria is not our problem but our solution. Pastors are not our problem in Nigeria. The fantastically corrupt politicians who continue to plunder the wealth of our nation in guise of fighting oporruption are our real problem and unless we understand this, we will never know the solution. Enough is enough!

In conclusion, I want to enjoy Nigerian youths to shun folly and embrace wisdom. Instead of choosing to criticising pastors (who are many times greater than your generation) as your hobby, why not learn their secrets and enjoy Heaven on Earth like them? You don't need to be a preacher to enjoy what they are enjoying from God as everybody cannot become a preacher at once. A word is enough for the wise!
op, simple question!
What's God's kingdom on this earth?

If you do not have accurate answer to that question then your pastor need to be criticized for collecting money from you without informing you the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Shiloh 2020: The Too Many Blunders Of Bishop Oyedepo (A Must Read) by Nobody: 8:02pm On Dec 12, 2020
paxonel:
op, simple question!
What's God's kingdom on this earth?

If you do not have accurate answer to that question then your pastor need to be criticized for collecting money from you without informing you the truth.
What's God's kingdom on this earth? God's kingdom on Earth is for you to accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour so that you can escape eternal damnation. So that you can inherit eternal life with God.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

Jesus loves you my brother.
Re: Shiloh 2020: The Too Many Blunders Of Bishop Oyedepo (A Must Read) by Ayo2004: 8:22pm On Dec 12, 2020
And our fantastically corrupt vice president isn't one of the men of God abi?
Also,our own CEO,nigerian corruption inc.,tinubu who his wife is a senior minister in the biggest church in the country isn't a woman of God abi?
Religion has made many Nigerians religious intolerant,hating anyone who doesn't believe in their own religion,instead of nigerians to go out,work hard to solve their problems,they prefer to bring God into everything,God gave us brains so if we keep on waiting for God to come down and develop our country,una go wait tire

2 Likes

Re: Shiloh 2020: The Too Many Blunders Of Bishop Oyedepo (A Must Read) by paxonel(m): 8:55pm On Dec 12, 2020
DamZik:
God's kingdom on Earth is for you to accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour so that you can escape eternal damnation. So that you can inherit eternal life with God.
you are very right!
That means your pastor had thought you this truth.!
But after knowing this truth why is it that your pastors keep calling alter call in church among fellow Christians who are in this same kingdom, do they suddenly ignore that these people have believed in Christ already and that they are already saved?
Also, why are your pastors keep telling people that one mysterious event called rapture is coming in the future after knowing that these people are in God's kingdom already?
Re: Shiloh 2020: The Too Many Blunders Of Bishop Oyedepo (A Must Read) by doggedfighter(f): 9:05pm On Dec 12, 2020
Op is deluded
Re: Shiloh 2020: The Too Many Blunders Of Bishop Oyedepo (A Must Read) by Nobody: 9:36pm On Dec 12, 2020
paxonel:
you are very right!
That means your pastor had thought you this truth.!
But after knowing this truth why is it that your pastors keep calling alter call in church among fellow Christians who are in this same kingdom, do they suddenly ignore that these people have believed in Christ already and that they are already saved?

Also, why are your pastors keep telling people that one mysterious event called rapture is coming in the future after knowing that these people are in God's kingdom already?
Thanks for your understanding. The reason why Pastors keep calling alter calls is because of:
i. The church might have first timers who are not yet saved. This is common in big churches where Pastors don't know everybody.
ii. Some people are already in the church but are not yet saved. They are in Church but not in Christ. Even those who were born in mission houses may not know salvation due to over familiarity.
iii. It's possible for those who were already saved to deviate away from salvation because of worldly distractions so they will use the opportunity to reconnect and rededicate their lives back to God.

1 Like

Re: Shiloh 2020: The Too Many Blunders Of Bishop Oyedepo (A Must Read) by themainman600(m): 9:39pm On Dec 12, 2020
DAmZIK CAN u answer some simple question I will ask you?
Re: Shiloh 2020: The Too Many Blunders Of Bishop Oyedepo (A Must Read) by Nobody: 9:50pm On Dec 12, 2020
themainman600:
Yes.
Re: Shiloh 2020: The Too Many Blunders Of Bishop Oyedepo (A Must Read) by Nobody: 10:27pm On Dec 12, 2020
Ayo2004:
And our fantastically corrupt vice president isn't one of the men of God abi?
Also,our own CEO,nigerian corruption inc.,tinubu who his wife is a senior minister in the biggest church in the country isn't a woman of God abi?
Religion has made many Nigerians religious intolerant,hating anyone who doesn't believe in their own religion,instead of nigerians to go out,work hard to solve their problems,they prefer to bring God into everything,God gave us brains so if we keep on waiting for God to come down and develop our country,una go wait tire
Bro Ayo, it seems you have deviated from the message I am passing across. I am not referring to corrupt politicians who are using the title of a clergy to cover up. They Bible says "by their fruits, you shall know them." I am referring to those who are genuinely called by God. I am talking about God's generals.
Re: Shiloh 2020: The Too Many Blunders Of Bishop Oyedepo (A Must Read) by oluwaseun89333: 11:38pm On Dec 12, 2020
Re: Shiloh 2020: The Too Many Blunders Of Bishop Oyedepo (A Must Read) by tobechi74: 3:08am On Dec 13, 2020
She did not dare to dance

Or jump the gutter

She did not jump the fence

She would not stand in front of a man

Nor widen her legs

She slowly passed out urine

For fear of tearing her hymen

Sexual miseducation
She swear it was not her fault

Her hands shakes vigorously

Mumbling words beneath my understanding

She felt the bite of a mosquito

In between her pure legs

She has been disvirgined

She fears getting pregnant

https://tobechispeaks./2020/12/08/humanity-dies/
Re: Shiloh 2020: The Too Many Blunders Of Bishop Oyedepo (A Must Read) by paxonel(m): 4:57am On Dec 13, 2020
DamZik:
Thanks for your understanding. The reason why Pastors keep calling alter calls is because of:
i. The church might have first timers who are not yet saved. This is common in big churches where Pastors don't know everybody.
ii. Some people are already in the church but are not yet saved. They are in Church but not in Christ. Even those who were born in mission houses may not know salvation due to over familiarity.
iii. It's possible for those who were already saved to deviate away from salvation because of worldly distractions so they will use the opportunity to reconnect and rededicate their lives back to God.
I used to think like this before until one day i read the bible and saw the truth.
Now, let's put this straight.
Do you know what it means to be saved?
It means you have believed in Christ or have Faith in Christ

John 3:16 says... Whosever believed in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

That's all, just to believe.

Is it really possible that someone who was born and brought up to believe from childhood who is still in the faith and has been going to church from childhood yet not saved?

I don't think that is possible, I have never seen anything like that among the early Christians in the bible or do you have any scripture indicating that a Christian was yet to be saved for any reason, except the individual deviate from the faith like, leaving the Christian faith to start believing in religions other than Christianity?

And when that happens, you will never see that person going to church anymore. Meaning, everyone you see all the time in church do so simply because they believe irrespective of whether they are sinners or not.
The same people your pastors are making alter call from, is that not aberration?
Re: Shiloh 2020: The Too Many Blunders Of Bishop Oyedepo (A Must Read) by luvmijeje(f): 5:29am On Dec 13, 2020
paxonel:
I used to think like this before until one day i read the bible and saw the truth.

John 3:16 says... Whosever believed in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Is it really possible that someone who was born and brought up to believe from childhood who is still in the faith and has been going to church from childhood yet not saved?

I don't think that is possible, I have never seen anything like that among the early Christians in the bible or do you have any scripture indicating that a Christian was yet to be saved for any reason, except the individual deviate from the faith like, leaving the Christian faith to start believing in religions other than Christianity?

And when that happens, you will never see that person going to church anymore. Meaning, everyone you see all the time in church do so simply because they believe irrespective of whether they are sinners or not.
The same people your pastors are making alter call from, is that not aberration?

Hmmmm!
Re: Shiloh 2020: The Too Many Blunders Of Bishop Oyedepo (A Must Read) by Nobody: 5:35am On Dec 13, 2020
oluwaseun89333:
Yes
Re: Shiloh 2020: The Too Many Blunders Of Bishop Oyedepo (A Must Read) by Nobody: 5:40am On Dec 13, 2020
paxonel:

Do you know the concept of initial salvation and final salvation? I like the fact that you do not want to accept everything thrown at you hook, line and sinker. I was like you too and that's what push me into acquiring knowledge in Bible School. My advice is that because you are inquisitive and independent in thinking, please seek for more knowledge. Knowledge is power.
Re: Shiloh 2020: The Too Many Blunders Of Bishop Oyedepo (A Must Read) by Originalsly: 5:41am On Dec 13, 2020
DamZik:

Hmmm...... is your pastor saved? ... who gas passed judgement on him? ... is your pastor really a Man of God?... or is he an imposter?.... a wolf in sheep's clothing?... that we were warned about? How do you know? ... how did you discern as directed by the Bible? If you discerned you would've known he is a false prophet.
Re: Shiloh 2020: The Too Many Blunders Of Bishop Oyedepo (A Must Read) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:04am On Dec 13, 2020
We don't know if youths of nowadays ever sit down and plan to make their life meaningful. 
All they are looking for is to say trash against men of God.
What many of you don't know is that you keep shutting doors against your self and your future when you say bs against God's servants.

Just because you have a phone do not give you the right to come online to comment on things you don't understand and say different kinda trash.

Well, we will continue to remember you in our prayers. 
We just pray God have mercy on this generation.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shiloh 2020: The Too Many Blunders Of Bishop Oyedepo (A Must Read) by paxonel(m): 7:13am On Dec 13, 2020
DamZik:

Do you know the concept of initial salvation and final salvation?

please tell me about it, back up what you are saying with scriptures

I like the fact that you do not want to accept everything thrown at you hook, line and sinker. I was like you too and that's what push me into acquiring knowledge in Bible School. My advice is that because you are inquisitive and independent in thinking, please seek for more knowledge. Knowledge is power.

thanks for the advice.
But i still need you to tell me about the concept of initial and final salvation
Re: Shiloh 2020: The Too Many Blunders Of Bishop Oyedepo (A Must Read) by Ayo2004: 7:36am On Dec 13, 2020
DamZik:
Bro Ayo, it seems you have deviated from the message I am passing across. I am not referring to corrupt politicians who are using the title of a clergy to cover up. They Bible says "by their fruits, you shall know them." I am referring to those who are genuinely called by God. I am talking about God's generals.
U can never know who is called by God and who is not,u will not even know most pastors are fake until u catch them in their devilish acts..Osinbajo is a good example,many thought he was the God sent to start the deliverance of Nigeria but it turned out he was part of the opposite
Re: Shiloh 2020: The Too Many Blunders Of Bishop Oyedepo (A Must Read) by Calabar1stSon: 8:22am On Dec 13, 2020
Since when did it became a crime to criticize men who stand behind lecterns to tell outright lies?

When pastor Chris outrightly and ignorantly claimed that 5G network was the cause of Covid-19, or their several false predictions on who lives to see the next day or who wins an election...

You thee gullible followers should stop acting a fool.

1 Like

Re: Shiloh 2020: The Too Many Blunders Of Bishop Oyedepo (A Must Read) by paxonel(m): 9:32am On Dec 13, 2020
Pastor DamZik has suddenly become mute and cannot answer the simple question.

Do you see why your pastors will continue to be criticized?
Re: Shiloh 2020: The Too Many Blunders Of Bishop Oyedepo (A Must Read) by Nobody: 11:28am On Dec 13, 2020
Originalsly:

Hmmm...... is your pastor saved? ... who gas passed judgement on him? ... is your pastor really a Man of God?... or is he an imposter?.... a wolf in sheep's clothing?... that we were warned about? How do you know? ... how did you discern as directed by the Bible? If you discerned you would've known he is a false prophet.
There are two ways by which you can know that someone is saved:

-- By his/her fruits (character and words)
Matthew 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Matthew 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

-- By the Holy Ghost in you
1 John 2:20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. John 14:26 But the Comforter, who is the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all ...

I hope I have answered your questions. You can ask further questions sir.
Re: Shiloh 2020: The Too Many Blunders Of Bishop Oyedepo (A Must Read) by Originalsly: 11:45am On Dec 13, 2020
DamZik:
There are two ways by which you can know that someone is saved:

-- By his/her fruits (character and words)
Matthew 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Matthew 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

-- By the Holy Ghost in you
1 John 2:20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. John 14:26 But the Comforter, who is the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all ...

I hope I have answered your questions. You can ask further questions sir.

Nothing you quoted has anything to do about someone knowing he is saved. And how do you know he is a Man of God?... and not a false profit?
Re: Shiloh 2020: The Too Many Blunders Of Bishop Oyedepo (A Must Read) by Nobody: 11:47am On Dec 13, 2020
paxonel:

please tell me about it, back up what you are saying with scriptures

thanks for the advice.
But i still need you to tell me about the concept of initial and final salvation
Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

In the above scriptures, the people Jesus was talking about here are not unbelievers but believers, not even new converts but those who have grew spiritually to the level of performing miracles, signs and wonders in the name of Jesus but their gifts of prophecy, deliverance and all will not qualify them for Heaven because they are workers of iniquity. They have initial salvation because they Accept Jesus, Believe Jesus and Confess Jesus (ABC) but they don't have final salvation because they won't make it to heaven.

That is condemnation at a point of no repentance. That will not be my portion and your portion in Jesus name. What is the biblical meaning of iniquities? According to Webster's dictionary, the word iniquity means gross injustice, wickedness or sin. ... The Bible says that through one man, Adam, sin entered the world. The definition of an iniquity is a sin or wrong doing. An example of an iniquity is someone running into another person with their car on purpose. Denial of the sovereignty of God. Lack of righteousness or justice; wickedness.
Re: Shiloh 2020: The Too Many Blunders Of Bishop Oyedepo (A Must Read) by Nobody: 11:50am On Dec 13, 2020
Originalsly:

Nothing you quoted has anything to do about someone knowing he is saved. And how do you know he is a Man of God?... and not a false profit?
Kindly re-read the above answer again, slowly this time around, with a plain heart❤️. God bless you in Jesus name.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Invention Of The Devil. / List Of The Most Religious Countries In The World; Checkout Nigeria's Position / 7 Benefits Of Esu Spiritual Bath (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.