Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,916 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:13 AM

The Invention Of The Devil. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Invention Of The Devil. (3898 Views)

Is The Invention Of COMPUTERS Satanic? / The Invention Of God By Man / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Invention Of The Devil. by Kay17: 8:03pm On Dec 07, 2009
Originally, Judaism the foundation of Christianity , never acknowledged dualism, an eternal confrontation between God and the Devil, both representing good and evil. the Jews saw God as the all-knowing and almighty with no equal or rival. It was at his pleasure and power, created man and earth. throughout the the Old Testament, God is seen to be the originator of good and evil also man was responsible for all his deeds. Like the snake in the garden, modern Christians attribute it to satan working with an independent aim to destroy God and his creation. By virtue of a special quality given to it "craftiest of god's creation" was able to deceive adam and eve, and as of natural justice, punished which explains the unusually means of movement of a snake.

Also, evil was said to come from God, an evil spirit tormented Saul came from God. also when David was tempted by Satan to conduct a census. the word used to refer to that the agent to tempt David was used for the angel that wanted to kill Balaam in Numbers 22:22 & 32. adversary. as satan(adversary) was instructed to carry out God commands to tempt  Job in Job 1 and 2. he was portrayed as a member of God's inner council. in Zechariah 3:1-7, as a member of God's council, he objects to Joshua selection as high priest. all the evils committed by divine hand were attributable to God.in Isaiah 45:6-7 I am the LORD and there is none else. I form the light and create darkness. I make peace and create evil. I the LORD do all these things." (KJV) in Lamentations 3:37-38 "Who has commanded and it came to pass, unless the Lord has ordained it? Is it not from the mouth of the Most High that good and evil come?" in Job 9:22-23:", [God] destroys both the blameless and the wicked. When a scourge brings sudden death, he mocks the despair of the innocent." (i.e. laughs at the suffering of the victim).

But later on, with contact with other cultures and Judaism picked some doctrines from Zoroastrianism, on hell and heaven, etc,  the Apocrypha is proves this. Especially the last chapter of Daniel were he was locked up with a DRAGON.

Later on with Greek civilization being spread especially with conquest of Alexander, and with the birth of Christianity, it became an hybrid between Judaism and Greek mythology. The Devil Satan dominated hell and was an arch-rival to God. Zoroastrianism also has strong influence on Christianity. the compromised nature of Christianity made easy to be acceptable to all peoples. the transformation of Christianity in Africa is profound. the traditional array of demons and witches with aims to suck people dry of blood and spirits and ghosts have being infused into it. so it modifies in each belief system.
Re: The Invention Of The Devil. by Nobody: 9:15pm On Dec 07, 2009
Kay 17:

Originally, Judaism the foundation of Christianity , never acknowledged dualism, an eternal confrontation between God and the Devil, both representing good and evil. the Jews saw God as the all-knowing and almighty with no equal or rival. It was at his pleasure and power, created man and earth. throughout the the Old Testament, God is seen to be the originator of good and evil also man was responsible for all his deeds. [size=14pt]Like the snake in the garden, modern Christians attribute it to satan working with an independent aim to destroy God and his creation. By virtue of a special quality given to it "craftiest of god's creation" was able to deceive adam and eve, and as of natural justice, punished which explains the unusually means of movement of a snake.[/size]                                                                                                                                                                                                    Also, evil was said to come from God, an evil spirit tormented Saul came from God. also when David was tempted by Satan to conduct a census. the word used to refer to that the agent to tempt David was used for the angel that wanted to kill Balaam in Numbers 22:22 & 32. adversary. as satan(adversary) was instructed to carry out God commands to tempt  Job in Job 1 and 2. he was portrayed as a member of God's inner council. in Zechariah 3:1-7, as a member of God's council, he objects to Joshua selection as high priest. all the evils committed by divine hand were attributable to God.in Isaiah 45:6-7 I am the LORD and there is none else. I form the light and create darkness. I make peace and create evil. I the LORD do all these things." (KJV) in Lamentations 3:37-38 "Who has commanded and it came to pass, unless the Lord has ordained it? Is it not from the mouth of the Most High that good and evil come?" in Job 9:22-23:", [God] destroys both the blameless and the wicked. When a scourge brings sudden death, he mocks the despair of the innocent." (i.e. laughs at the suffering of the victim). But later on, with contact with other cultures and Judaism picked some doctrines from Zoroastrianism, on hell and heaven, etc,  the Apocrypha is proves this. Especially the last chapter of Daniel were he was locked up with a DRAGON.                                                                                                                                                                                       Later on with Greek civilisation being spread especially with conquest of Alexander, and with the birth of Christianity, it became an hybrid between Judaism and Greek mythology. The Devil Satan dominated hell and was an arch-rival to God. Zoroastrianism also has strong influnence on christianity. the compromised nature of christianity made easy to be acceptable to all peoples. the transformation of christianity in Africa is profound. the traditional array of demons and witches with aims to suck people dry of blood and spirits and ghosts have being infused into it. so it modifies in each belief system.

Ok its clear this dude has no idea what he is talking about. He assumes the "serpent" mentioned in Genesis is the same as the python he saw last week. No point confusing him further with the facts.
Re: The Invention Of The Devil. by Kay17: 11:46am On Dec 08, 2009
no no the snake was not acting under the influence of the devil, it was acting independently. early Judaism, that in books written prior to 300BC, never believed that God had a rival and in fact the " satan "worked for God. nowhere in the relevant verse, was the Devil mentioned. This also proves that Christianity is neither unique nor genuine and is compromised.
Re: The Invention Of The Devil. by jagunlabi(m): 1:52pm On Dec 08, 2009
J.R.R Tolkien created the dark Lord Sauron of the middle earth of the fictional "Lord Of The Ring" saga.J.R.R Tolkien is thus the creator of the middle earth world and all that is in it,both good and evil, the entire spacetime geometry of that universe included.
You catch my drift? wink
Kay 17:

Originally, Judaism the foundation of Christianity , never acknowledged dualism, an eternal confrontation between God and the Devil, both representing good and evil. the Jews saw God as the all-knowing and almighty with no equal or rival. It was at his pleasure and power, created man and earth. throughout the the Old Testament, God is seen to be the originator of good and evil also man was responsible for all his deeds. Like the snake in the garden, modern Christians attribute it to satan working with an independent aim to destroy God and his creation. By virtue of a special quality given to it "craftiest of god's creation" was able to deceive adam and eve, and as of natural justice, punished which explains the unusually means of movement of a snake.                                                                                                                                                                                                    Also, evil was said to come from God, an evil spirit tormented Saul came from God. also when David was tempted by Satan to conduct a census. the word used to refer to that the agent to tempt David was used for the angel that wanted to kill Balaam in Numbers 22:22 & 32. adversary. as satan(adversary) was instructed to carry out God commands to tempt  Job in Job 1 and 2. he was portrayed as a member of God's inner council. in Zechariah 3:1-7, as a member of God's council, he objects to Joshua selection as high priest. all the evils committed by divine hand were attributable to God.in Isaiah 45:6-7 I am the LORD and there is none else. I form the light and create darkness. I make peace and create evil. I the LORD do all these things." (KJV) in Lamentations 3:37-38 "Who has commanded and it came to pass, unless the Lord has ordained it? Is it not from the mouth of the Most High that good and evil come?" in Job 9:22-23:", [God] destroys both the blameless and the wicked. When a scourge brings sudden death, he mocks the despair of the innocent." (i.e. laughs at the suffering of the victim). But later on, with contact with other cultures and Judaism picked some doctrines from Zoroastrianism, on hell and heaven, etc,  the Apocrypha is proves this. Especially the last chapter of Daniel were he was locked up with a DRAGON.                                                                                                                                                                                       Later on with Greek civilisation being spread especially with conquest of Alexander, and with the birth of Christianity, it became an hybrid between Judaism and Greek mythology. The Devil Satan dominated hell and was an arch-rival to God. Zoroastrianism also has strong influnence on christianity. the compromised nature of christianity made easy to be acceptable to all peoples. the transformation of christianity in Africa is profound. the traditional array of demons and witches with aims to suck people dry of blood and spirits and ghosts have being infused into it. so it modifies in each belief system.
Re: The Invention Of The Devil. by Krayola(m): 2:13pm On Dec 08, 2009
@ Kay17. Forget it. No one wants to hear about it. As far as most Christians on NL are concerned Christianity has absolutely nothing to do with Judaism. People dismiss stuff because they don't agree with it. They won't even entertain it. It's always "us vs them" and this debate won't go anywhere. As far as they are concerned scholars are agents of the devil and the only credible source of info is a literal interpretation of the Bible. Even the old testament which of course is a Jewish text. . . . but of course since Christianity has absolutely nothing to do with Judaism, it does not matter. I've tried making these points for months, u're talking to the kitchen sink.
Re: The Invention Of The Devil. by jagunlabi(m): 2:19pm On Dec 08, 2009
What?!
Krayola, speaketh for thyself alone.I am sure a lot of christians on this religious forum will disagree with you on that claim.
Krayola:

As far as most Christians on NL are concerned Christianity has absolutely nothing to do with Judaism.
Re: The Invention Of The Devil. by Krayola(m): 2:26pm On Dec 08, 2009
Haha, I'm hoping they do so we can slug it out.
Re: The Invention Of The Devil. by Kay17: 3:48pm On Dec 09, 2009
i think there's an absolute conviction that Christianity is compromised, if God exists he would not speak through it.
Re: The Invention Of The Devil. by bawomolo(m): 3:55pm On Dec 09, 2009
Kay 17:

i think there's an absolute conviction that Christianity is compromised, if God exists he would not speak through it.

even if God exists, does it have to even speak at all.  It probably would watch us from far away while sipping cognac with the devil.
Re: The Invention Of The Devil. by jagunlabi(m): 4:15pm On Dec 09, 2009
The creator can always speak through the entire creation, if it does choose to speak, and it does.The entire creation is a damn big book, maybe a little too big for our poor self so we always tend to cut the book to thausands bits and pieces.I am thinking of two such bits and pieces right now from two world religions. . .
bawomolo:

even if God exists, doesn't it has to even speak at all. It probably would watch us from far away while sipping cognac with the devil.
Re: The Invention Of The Devil. by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 09, 2009
confused people arguing with themselves with their heads firmly buried in the sands of delusion.
Re: The Invention Of The Devil. by jagunlabi(m): 4:18pm On Dec 09, 2009
Lol!The deluded calling others deluded, confused and with heads buried in sand.It is true that one sees the image of oneself in others. grin
davidylan:

confused people arguing with themselves with their heads firmly buried in the sands of delusion.
Re: The Invention Of The Devil. by mazaje(m): 4:20pm On Dec 09, 2009
davidylan:

And your evidence that this mythical character called satan exists outside your deluded imaginations and the pages of your religious text is?. . . . .
Re: The Invention Of The Devil. by jagunlabi(m): 4:21pm On Dec 09, 2009
mazaje:

And your evidence that this mythical character called satan exists outside your deluded imaginations and the pages of your religious text is?. . . . .
. . . . DELUSION of the christian kind. grin
Re: The Invention Of The Devil. by Nobody: 4:21pm On Dec 09, 2009
jagunlabi:

Lol!The deluded calling others deluded.It is true that one sees the image of oneself in others. grin

Actually this thread is sufficient evidence you are all confused. For starters all i see are conjectures and maybes . . . there is NO ONE bold enough to even provide evidence for his claims.
Re: The Invention Of The Devil. by jagunlabi(m): 4:23pm On Dec 09, 2009
Eh, davidylan, the entire ideologies, and mythical tales upon which the foundations of your religious beliefs were built are all based on pure conjectures and maybes . . . for starters.Or can you prove that they are not?
davidylan:

Actually this thread is sufficient evidence you are all confused. For starters all i see are conjectures and maybes . . . there is NO ONE bold enough to even provide evidence for his claims.
Re: The Invention Of The Devil. by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 09, 2009
mazaje:

And you're paying so much attention to someone who doesnt exist? Surely you have better things to do with ur time.
Re: The Invention Of The Devil. by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 09, 2009
jagunlabi:

Eh, davidylan, the entire ideologies, and mythical tales upon which the foundations of your religious beliefs were built are all based on pure conjectures and maybes . . . for starters.Or can you prove that they are not?

the usual "prove it" idiocy. I wonder why you "know" that religious beliefs are steeped in conjecture and yet you spend way so much time bawling that we "prove it".

How about you thoroughly prove your claim that our beliefs are purely mythical?

And why do they bother you anyway? Just asking . . . i dont imagine you pay so much attention to gnomes and gobblins no?
Re: The Invention Of The Devil. by mazaje(m): 4:28pm On Dec 09, 2009
davidylan:

And you're paying so much attention to someone who doesnt exist? Surely you have better things to do with your time.

I will take this as a way of typing and saying nothing of substance at all. . . .I know that you will love to believe that I am paying too much attention to your mythical satan. . .enjoy your delusions. . . .
Re: The Invention Of The Devil. by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 09, 2009
mazaje:

I will take this as a way of typing and saying nothing of substance at all. . . .I know that you will love to believe that I am paying too much attention to your mythical satan. . .enjoy your delusions. . . .

typical . . . i would be surprised if i got anything cerebral in response.

Back to more serious musings . . .

@ topic - isnt it ironic that the author uses quotes from someone he claims does not exist . . . to prove that another person doesnt exist?

Kinda like me using words attributed to a fairy to prove gnomes were figments of my imagination. But oh well . . . what do you expect from consummate idiots.
Re: The Invention Of The Devil. by mazaje(m): 4:31pm On Dec 09, 2009
davidylan:

the usual "prove it" idiocy. I wonder why you "know" that religious beliefs are steeped in conjecture and yet you spend way so much time bawling that we "prove it".

And why do they bother you anyway? Just asking . . . i dont imagine you pay so much attention to gnomes and gobblins no?

Just like the way you spend too much time asking the evolutionist to prove their own hypothesis. . .If evolution is false i wonder why you even bother to debate them. . .surely you have much better things to do than worry about a theory that is false no?
Re: The Invention Of The Devil. by Kay17: 4:32pm On Dec 09, 2009
@ davidylan, has never adduced evidence on the existence of his religion on any thread, pls if you rebut anything adduce evidence with it.  And tell me why the character of the Devil has changed so much?
Re: The Invention Of The Devil. by mazaje(m): 4:34pm On Dec 09, 2009
davidylan:

typical . . . i would be surprised if i got anything cerebral in response.

Back to more serious musings . . .

@ topic - isnt it ironic that the author uses quotes from someone he claims does not exist . . . to prove that another person doesnt exist?

Kinda like me using words attributed to a fairy to prove gnomes were figments of my imagination. But oh well . . . what do you expect from consummate idiots.

Again more blabbings and NO substance at all. . . .does this slowpoke have any evidence to show that this mythical character called the devil exist outside his silly delusions and the pages of his religious scripture or is he going to continue crying like a headless chicken? . . . .I laugh in greek
Re: The Invention Of The Devil. by jagunlabi(m): 4:38pm On Dec 09, 2009
Having to prove the veracity of your deluded religious claims is a pain in the you know where, i quite understand that.It must be quite frustrating to be saddled with such ludicrous fairy tales that nobody is prepared to accept at face value, save for you and your fellow brethren of faith.So i can understand your frustration, really i do.
davidylan:

I don't even have to make a "thorough" attempt.Let's see . . . the foundational substance of your beliefs have no historical veracity.You can't even conclusively prove that your jesus ever existed and walked the planet earth. . .
davidylan:

Re: The Invention Of The Devil. by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 09, 2009
mazaje:

Just like the way you spend too much time asking the evolutionist to prove their own hypothesis. . .If evolution is false i wonder why you even bother to debate them. . .surely you have much better things to do than worry about a theory that is false no?

which is kinda stupid in a sense . . . because i NEVER put up a thread bawling that evolutionists prove their theories. I only step in when i see illiterates masquerading as scientists who try to use evolution as a cloak for their hatred of God (allegedly termed atheism).

I wouldnt even know which of you is an evolutionist . . . i frankly could care less. I'm only interested in making sure that those who use the evolution excuse at least UNDERSTAND what it is and why they use it. 99% of the time it turns out you all have no idea.

Kay 17:

@ davidylan, has never adduced evidence on the existence of his religion on any thread, pls if you rebut anything adduce evidence with it.  And tell me why the character of the Devil has changed so much?

Again you're simply being an ignorant oaf. I dont need to "adduce" evidence on my belief . . . i'm not the one questioning it. If you claim that my religious beliefs are mere myths then it behoves you to SHOW ME WHY. Imagine if i showed up at your house and said "your father does not exist" . . . now PROVE THAT YOUR FATHER EXISTS . . . would that make sense? Wouldnt you expect me to show you CLEAR EVIDENCE why i believe your father doesnt exist?

lol you're asking me to tell you why the character of the devil has changed so much? I mean didnt you say the devil doesnt exist? You're using the words of a God you claim doesnt exist to determine the changes in the character of a devil you also claim doesnt exist?

Read your own words and ask yourself why u're not back in kindergarten.
Re: The Invention Of The Devil. by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 09, 2009
mazaje:

Again more blabbings and NO substance at all. . . .does this slowpoke have any evidence to show that this mythical character called the devil exist outside his silly delusions and the pages of his religious scripture or is he going to continue crying like a headless chicken? . . . .I laugh in greek

lol you think the devil doesnt exist but here you are debating his invention, character and words? grin Its too early to be showing signs of MPD.

jagunlabi:

Having to prove the veracity of your deluded religious claims is a pain in the you know where, i quite understand that.It must be quite frustrating to be saddled with such ludicrous fairy tales that nobody is prepared to accept at face value, save for you and your fellow brethren of faith.So i can understand your frustration, really i do.
I don't even have to make a "thorough" attempt.Let's see . . . the foundational substance of your beliefs have no historical veracity.You can't even conclusively prove that your jesus ever existed and walked the planet earth. . .

I was never even making a "claim". You and your merry band of confused idiots started the thread . . . i havent seen any of u make any attempt to provide evidence for your claims. Perhaps that would be a good place to start.

no one has forced you to accept any tales . . . you are absolutely free to post on the music threads.
Re: The Invention Of The Devil. by Nobody: 4:43pm On Dec 09, 2009
jagunlabi:

But here you are making conclusions on the character of the devil based on a book written about a man who you think never existed? grin
Re: The Invention Of The Devil. by Krayola(m): 4:45pm On Dec 09, 2009
@ Davidylan. . .u have 22 days till the new year. . . . and then u have to stop insulting people. U said it urself. grin I'm waiting patiently.
Re: The Invention Of The Devil. by Nobody: 4:50pm On Dec 09, 2009
Krayola:

@ Davidylan. . .u have 22 days till the new year. . . . and then u have to stop insulting people. U said it urself. grin I'm waiting patiently.

Have to make good use of it . . . i'll miss it though cry What would i say to idiots who put up threads like this after Jan 1?
Re: The Invention Of The Devil. by jagunlabi(m): 4:51pm On Dec 09, 2009
Puuh!Ma good friend, the character of the devil is always based on what the white race think it is outside that "book".In the 17th/18th century, the devil was and had the traits of a fatlipped black african male.Obviously that is no longer politically correct nowadays so that has been dropped.The characters of the devil is forever in flux depending on the evolutionary stage of society(the white man's, ofcourse), it seems.
davidylan:

But here you are making conclusions on the character of the devil based on a book written about a man who you think never existed? grin
Re: The Invention Of The Devil. by Nobody: 4:52pm On Dec 09, 2009
jagunlabi:

Puuh!Ma good friend, [b]the character of the devil is always based on what the white race think it is outside that "book".[/b]In the 17th/18th century, the devil was and had the traits of a fatlipped black african male.Obviously that is no longer politically correct nowadays so that has been dropped.The characters of the devil is forever in flux depending on the society(the white man's, ofcourse) is evolving, it seems.

This one has gone off the rails. Probably too late to save those who are irrevocably trapped in their own conspiracy theories, racism and hate.
Re: The Invention Of The Devil. by mazaje(m): 4:53pm On Dec 09, 2009
davidylan:

which is kinda silly in a sense . . . because i NEVER put up a thread bawling that evolutionists prove their theories. I only step in when i see illiterates masquerading as scientists who try to use evolution as a cloak for their hatred of God (allegedly termed atheism).

I wouldnt even know which of you is an evolutionist . . . i frankly could care less. I'm only interested in making sure that those who use the evolution excuse at least UNDERSTAND what it is and why they use it. 99% of the time it turns out you all have no idea.

More meaningless and deluded rants of a hopeless slowpoke. . . . You don't have to put up any topic on evolution, the fact that you are on almost every topic were evolution is discussed and asking them to prove their theory says that you are more obsessed with it than you are letting on. . . .is prove only necessary when evolution is discussed? Where is your evidence to show that this mythical satan exists outside your silly delusions? By the way who are the illerates you are talking about? Are you a scientist? As toneyb has said you are NOT a scientist ? Studying the work of other scientist to gain knowledge of how the scientific process works based on their findings and their hard work says that you are only an observer trying to understand things based on the work that others have done. . . . .The last time we checked the list of scientist your name was not included. . .in fact you do not have any primary school science text ascribed to your name and you are here crying and displying your delusions all over the place? What a hopeless fool. . . . .is there any body that masquerades like a scientist on the board like you? Deluded fool. . . . .Do you have any idea of what evolution is? your posts here say you don't. . . . .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Existence Of God, And Search For Acceptable Evidence / Obama Was Never Christian / Prophet Tomi Sylvester Arayomi And Wife Arrested By DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.