Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:55 AM

How Did Cain Found His Wife? I Need Explanations - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Did Cain Found His Wife? I Need Explanations (1145 Views)

The Difference Between Abel's And Cain's Sacrifice / Help!! I Have A Spirit/Marine Wife. I Need Deliverance / "Touch My Wife, I Will Kill You" - Pastor Adeboye Declares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did Cain Found His Wife? I Need Explanations by zedegit: 8:41am On Dec 13, 2020
tobechi74:
Eve was not the first woman. Lilith was the first woman. God created Adam and Lilith and they had other children. Lilith was competitive and envious. She wanted to l equality with Adam and would not submit. During sex, she wanted to be on top.she was a feminist.

Lilith died early. God now decided to create another woman from man rib so he would be more submissive. Cain was Lilith son. Abel was Eve son.

When Cain killed abel, Cain married Lilith daughters too . Envy , competition and jelous continued to miltiply

Lilith kee you there! grin
Re: How Did Cain Found His Wife? I Need Explanations by luvmijeje(f): 8:57am On Dec 13, 2020
See Gobe! So if there are other men apart from Adam and Eve, how were they created? And why are they not in the Garden of Eden?
Re: How Did Cain Found His Wife? I Need Explanations by luvmijeje(f): 9:05am On Dec 13, 2020
zedegit:

Seriously some arguments are not necessary. How relevant is the finding?

If you have ever read your Bible from the beginning to the end, you will know it matters. The new and old testament relies on this story.

The story of Israel being the choosen one relies on this story. The story of Abraham and the story of Christ relies on this story.

If the story cannot stand on his two feet, then nothing can stand on it.

1 Like

Re: How Did Cain Found His Wife? I Need Explanations by zedegit: 9:19am On Dec 13, 2020
luvmijeje:

If you have ever read your Bible from the beginning to the end, you will know it matters. The new and old testament relies on this story.

The story of Israel being the choosen one relies on this story. The story of Abraham and the story of Christ relies on this story.

If the story cannot stand on his two feet, then nothing can stand on it.

What if God made a woman for him?

Not everything is written.
Re: How Did Cain Found His Wife? I Need Explanations by luvmijeje(f): 9:21am On Dec 13, 2020
zedegit:

What if God made a woman for him?

Not everything is written.

What if God didn't?
Re: How Did Cain Found His Wife? I Need Explanations by zedegit: 9:22am On Dec 13, 2020
luvmijeje:

What if God didn't?

It seems you like arguments too much.

It's either you believe or not. It doesn't change who God is.
Re: How Did Cain Found His Wife? I Need Explanations by LordIsaac(m): 9:28am On Dec 13, 2020
zedegit:

Seriously some arguments are not necessary. How relevant is the finding?
Most times, such curiosity arises when we try to use rationality or common sense to explain the divine.

1 Like

Re: How Did Cain Found His Wife? I Need Explanations by zedegit: 9:29am On Dec 13, 2020
LordIsaac:

Most times, such curiosity arises when we try to use rationality or common sense to explain the divine.

True.
Re: How Did Cain Found His Wife? I Need Explanations by luvmijeje(f): 9:30am On Dec 13, 2020
zedegit:

It seems you like arguments too much.

It's either you believe or not. It doesn't change who God is.

It changes it.

The man who wrote this story(Moses) wasn't alive when this events took place. He wasn't born. He was born after thousands of years.

Life was breathe into that story simply because he said God told him. And no one question him and you all continue to be afraid to question it.
Re: How Did Cain Found His Wife? I Need Explanations by zedegit: 9:34am On Dec 13, 2020
luvmijeje:

It changes it.

The man who wrote this story(Moses) wasn't alive when this events took place. He wasn't born. He was born after thousands of years.

Life was breathe into that story simply because he said God told him. And no one question him and you all continue to be afraid to question it.

I am typing because God gave me many a second chance.

I have seen death face to face if not for prayers of the saints. I shouldn't even be here now. I believe.

If you are sensible you would know what time, it is. Jerusalem has been ceded to Israel and recognized.

It remains small. Any moment nah viam.

I have heard Satan's laughter when he thought he had me fixed.

You don't wanna hear how it sounds.
Re: How Did Cain Found His Wife? I Need Explanations by luvmijeje(f): 9:43am On Dec 13, 2020
zedegit:

I am typing because God gave me many a second chance.

I have seen death face to face if not for prayers of the saints. I shouldn't even be here now. I believe.

If you are sensible you would know what time, it is. Jerusalem has been ceded to Israel and recognized.

It remains small. Any moment nah viam.

I have heard Satan's laughter when he thought he had me fixed.

You don't wanna hear how it sounds.

But you will still die. Just because you didn't die now doesn't mean you won't die later.

No prayer can save you from death. Jesus died young. Stephen died young. You didn't die now is not extraordinary.
Re: How Did Cain Found His Wife? I Need Explanations by zedegit: 9:48am On Dec 13, 2020
luvmijeje:

But you will still die. Just because you didn't die now doesn't mean you won't die later.

No prayer can save you from death. Jesus died young. Stephen died young. You didn't die now is not extraordinary.

But at least it gave me a chance to mend my ways. It means a lot

1 Like

Re: How Did Cain Found His Wife? I Need Explanations by luvmijeje(f): 10:07am On Dec 13, 2020
zedegit:

But at least it gave me a chance to mend my ways. It means a lot

It's alright. And this is one of the reasons that I don't go to every threads on this section. In as much as there are also flaws in religion, there are also also lot of good.
Re: How Did Cain Found His Wife? I Need Explanations by obonujoker(m): 10:21am On Dec 13, 2020
tobechi74:
Eve was not the first woman. Lilith was the first woman. God created Adam and Lilith and they had other children. Lilith was competitive and envious. She wanted to l equality with Adam and would not submit. During sex, she wanted to be on top.she was a feminist.

Lilith died early. God now decided to create another woman from man rib so he would be more submissive. Cain was Lilith son. Abel was Eve son.

When Cain killed abel, Cain married Lilith daughters too . Envy , competition and jelous continued to miltiply

Lol... Book of Enoch did not even record this... Probably this is from the Quran
Re: How Did Cain Found His Wife? I Need Explanations by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 10:28am On Dec 13, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Read your bible more slowly and realize Adam and Eve weren't the only first men and women pair.
When Cain killed Abel, God didn't want anyone to find Cain and kill him. Anyone couldn't have been Adam or Eve cos they were his parents and couldn't killed their only seed. Adam was intelligent enough to mame all animals. He was smart. That tells us, there were other first Adams around but Adam was the main one.

Going by this your statement, you are saying Adam wasn't the first man God created right ??. Now are you saying there were other men around when God created Adam and why did the Bible say Adam and Eve were the first Humans ??. Are you saying the Bible lied ??
Re: How Did Cain Found His Wife? I Need Explanations by CodeTemplar: 11:08am On Dec 13, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Going by this your statement, you are saying Adam wasn't the first man God created right ??. Now are you saying there were other men around when God created Adam and why did the Bible say Adam and Eve were the first Humans ??. Are you saying the Bible lied ??
I never said Adam wasn't the first man or first Adam. There were other Human created before Cain and Abel were matured. The scriptures says we should be fruitful and multiply but until Genesis 6:1 that multiplication wasn't was totally responsible for replenishing of the earth. It was that (Genesis 6:1) time daughter began to be born by sons of men. Every other female before that time had to be from God in similar fashion to how Adam was created or something close.
Re: How Did Cain Found His Wife? I Need Explanations by FatherOfJesus: 1:25pm On Dec 13, 2020
southniyikaye:
The Bible is a mystery I can't unravel until I fully understand it and can be able to interpret without blaspheming....
meaning you don’t understand it, you just believed it like a zombie and never want to find out and question it.
Re: How Did Cain Found His Wife? I Need Explanations by FatherOfJesus: 1:26pm On Dec 13, 2020
luvmijeje:
See Gobe! So if there are other men apart from Adam and Eve, how were they created? And why are they not in the Garden of Eden?

its rare to see a Nigerian lady smart enough to ask such question.
Re: How Did Cain Found His Wife? I Need Explanations by Ihedinobi3: 3:46pm On Dec 13, 2020
MrTAnonymous:
God created Adam and Eve right? From Adam and Eve came Cain and Abel right? Cain killed Abel right? Then Cain left and went to the land of Nod and found a wife.

How?

Ain't they suppose to be the only ones on Earth at that time?

Incase you don't know na me talk

Hello.

I don't believe that I have ever read anywhere in the Bible that Cain "went to the land of Nod and found a wife." Do you have a passage in the Bible where this is?

This is what I read in the Bible:

16 So Cain went out from the LORD’s presence and lived in the land of Nod, east of Eden. 17 Cain made love to his wife, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Enoch. Cain was then building a city, and he named it after his son Enoch.
Genesis 4:16-17 (NIV)

There is no "finding" happening in this passage. We also see that Cain "was building a city." This appears to me to suggest that he was establishing a structured community. If he was, it seems reasonable to assume that he had other people with him besides this wife of his that later gave birth to his son.

Since Genesis 5:4 is clear that Adam and Eve had more sons and daughters than just those named in the Bible, that is, Cain, Abel, and Seth, I see no reason to wonder where Cain got his wife. He obviously married one of the daughters of his parents. It seems clear too that this city that he built was populated by some of his siblings and possibly other relatives over time.

I'm afraid I don't see any mystery here.
Re: How Did Cain Found His Wife? I Need Explanations by luvmijeje(f): 4:08pm On Dec 13, 2020
Ihedinobi3:

Hello.

I don't believe that I have ever read anywhere in the Bible that Cain "went to the land of Nod and found a wife." Do you have a passage in the Bible where this is?

This is what I read in the Bible:

16 So Cain went out from the LORD’s presence and lived in the land of Nod, east of Eden. 17 Cain made love to his wife, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Enoch. Cain was then building a city, and he named it after his son Enoch.
Genesis 4:16-17 (NIV)

There is no "finding" happening in this passage. We also see that Cain "was building a city." This appears to me to suggest that he was establishing a structured community. If he was, it seems reasonable to assume that he had other people with him besides this wife of his that later gave birth to his son.

Since Genesis 5:4 is clear that Adam and Eve had more sons and daughters than just those named in the Bible, that is, Cain, Abel, and Seth, I see no reason to wonder where Cain got his wife. He obviously married one of the daughters of his parents. It seems clear too that this city that he built was populated by some of his siblings and possibly other relatives over time.

I'm afraid I don't see any mystery here.

Gen 4:25

Adam made love to his wife again, and she gave birth to a son and named him Seth, saying, "God has granted me another child in place of Abel, since Cain killed him."

Gen 5:3

When Adam had lived 130 years, he had a son in his own likeness, in his own image; and he named him Seth.
Re: How Did Cain Found His Wife? I Need Explanations by Ihedinobi3: 4:10pm On Dec 13, 2020
luvmijeje:

Adam made love to his wife again, and she gave birth to a son and named him Seth, saying, "God has granted me another child in place of Abel, since Cain killed him."

When Adam had lived 130 years, he had a son in his own likeness, in his own image; and he named him Seth.

Hi.

I'm afraid I don't understand your post. Were you making a point?
Re: How Did Cain Found His Wife? I Need Explanations by luvmijeje(f): 4:41pm On Dec 13, 2020
And there is something that stands out as a sore thumb in the Bible for me.

Adam and Eve were created as an adult. They were not created as a baby. But this was written about them in Gen 2:22

21 And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

How did Adam that was deeply asleep know how Eve was created? How did he know that Eve was created from his rib? I know you will all say God told him but did He? Let's go to Gen 5:1-2

This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;

2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Let's go back Gen 1:21-22

21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

22 And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.

When God created other animals, he created them on the same day and the same way. But the day he created man, he created them unequally. He didn't create them equally. The enslavement of women and the demonisation of women started in the book of Genesis.
Re: How Did Cain Found His Wife? I Need Explanations by luvmijeje(f): 4:47pm On Dec 13, 2020
Ihedinobi3:

Hi.

I'm afraid I don't understand your post. Were you making a point?

Since you didn't see the point let's break it down.

Gen 4 : 14

Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.

Who is everyone?
Re: How Did Cain Found His Wife? I Need Explanations by FatherOfJesus: 4:49pm On Dec 13, 2020
luvmijeje:

Adam and Eve were created as an adult. They were not created as a baby. But this was written about them in Gen 2:22

21 And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

How did Adam that was deeply asleep know how Eve was created? How did he know that Eve was created from his rib? I know you will all say God told him but did He? Let's go to Gen 5:1-2

This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;

2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

22 And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.

When God created other animals, he created them on the same day and the same way. But the day he created man, he created them unequally. He didn't create them equally. The enslavement of women and the demonisation of women started in the book of Genesis.
believe whatever is in the Bible only if you want to remain an eternal ignoramus.

It’s so powerful that you become a foool and you won’t even realize that one is a fool.
Re: How Did Cain Found His Wife? I Need Explanations by Nobody: 4:50pm On Dec 13, 2020
There is no passage in the Bible for anybody to understand.
All religious books are made up of baseless writings.
Life is an absurdity.
Re: How Did Cain Found His Wife? I Need Explanations by Ihedinobi3: 4:57pm On Dec 13, 2020
luvmijeje:

I'm sure that some people have based their bad attitude and behavior toward women on these passages in Genesis, but I think that like them you have failed to show how Genesis teaches or encourages such an attitude or behavior.

I can't say categorically that the Lord did not create female animals in some distinctively different way than He did the male ones, since the Bible does not say anything about that. We are only told that God created all the animals, the material that He used, and when He created them. We get a closer picture with Adam and Eve because the Bible and Genesis is addressed to man and concerned with the human race, not primarily with animalkind.

As for the treatment of women, the Law of Moses was designed to teach among other things how men ought to treat and protect their women. This is emphasized and strengthened in the New Testament especially through Peter's command in 1 Peter 3.

7 Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers.
1 Peter 3:7 (NIV)

The trouble, I suppose, is that there is a balanced system here. Women generally take exception to their role just as men do too. The Bible teaches submission on the part of the wife just as it teaches accommodation and protection on the part of the husband. But those who have no respect for God tend to do as they want and then blame Him for any consequences that follow their misbehavior.
Re: How Did Cain Found His Wife? I Need Explanations by Ihedinobi3: 4:58pm On Dec 13, 2020
luvmijeje:

Since you didn't see the point let's break it down.

Gen 4 : 14

Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.

Who is everyone?

At the very least, that would be Adam and Eve and all the children that they had had at that point. There is certainly a possibility that they even had grandchildren and great-grandchildren at this point too, and very many of these in fact.

Why do you ask?
Re: How Did Cain Found His Wife? I Need Explanations by luvmijeje(f): 5:00pm On Dec 13, 2020
FatherOfJesus:
believe whatever is in the Bible only if you want to remain an eternal ignoramus.

It’s so powerful that you become a foool and you won’t even realize that one is a fool.

My goodness! In order to understand how powerful it's, try arguing this fact in the real world, you will instantly be seen as a devil.

I can only say what I'm saying online. I keep all this to myself in the real world. I'm not ready for unnecessary enmity.
Re: How Did Cain Found His Wife? I Need Explanations by luvmijeje(f): 5:03pm On Dec 13, 2020
Ihedinobi3:

At the very least, that would be Adam and Eve and all the children that they had had at that point. There is certainly a possibility that they even had grandchildren and great-grandchildren at this point too, and very many of these in fact.

Why do you ask?

They didn't. How do I know?

Re: How Did Cain Found His Wife? I Need Explanations by Ihedinobi3: 5:12pm On Dec 13, 2020
luvmijeje:

They didn't. How do I know?

There is a leap of logic then in your thinking.

Yes, it is true that Eve considered Seth a replacement for Abel, but why do you assume that Seth was the only other child that they had? Is it impossible that Seth was specifically named because he was their only other child with a similar bent to Abel? That is, is it impossible that he is the only other child who was like Abel in his attitude to God?

Is it impossible that Cain and Abel were not the only children that they had at first? That is, the "other sons and daughters" in Genesis 5:4 were born both before Seth and after him?

I see nothing in those texts to suggest that the answers to the questions above is "yes." If you do, I'd like to hear your reasons.
Re: How Did Cain Found His Wife? I Need Explanations by luvmijeje(f): 5:17pm On Dec 13, 2020
Ihedinobi3:

I'm sure that some people have based their bad attitude and behavior toward women on these passages in Genesis, but I think that like them you have failed to show how Genesis teaches or encourages such an attitude or behavior.

I can't say categorically that the Lord did not create female animals in some distinctively different way than He did the male ones, since the Bible does not say anything about that. We are only told that God created all the animals, the material that He used, and when He created them. We get a closer picture with Adam and Eve because the Bible and Genesis is addressed to man and concerned with the human race, not primarily with animalkind.

As for the treatment of women, the Law of Moses was designed to teach among other things how men ought to treat and protect their women. This is emphasized and strengthened in the New Testament especially through Peter's command in 1 Peter 3.

7 Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers.
1 Peter 3:7 (NIV)

The trouble, I suppose, is that there is a balanced system here. Women generally take exception to their role just as men do too. The Bible teaches submission on the part of the wife just as it teaches accommodation and protection on the part of the husband. But those who have no respect for God tend to do as they want and then blame Him for any consequences that follow their misbehavior.

I'll tell you why the Book of Genesis gave birth to the enslavement and demonisation of women 1st Timothy 2:10-14

2I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet.13For Adam was formed first, then Eve; 14and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do We Really Need To Beg/pray To God For His Protection And Blessings? / Is It Right For A Believer To Work In A Brewery? / Read This Book Called "the Secret Terroists" And:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.