Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,499 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' (32517 Views)

Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu / People Dragging Aisha Yesufu For Campaign Against Sanwo-olu / Aisha Yesufu: For Competence, Equity, Kwankwaso Should’ve Been Obi’s Deputy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by Barristter07: 11:29am On Dec 13, 2020
Rehdasignature1:
Hmmmm....... Many will not accept this cos they can't decode.

The biggest hypocrisy here is the Fact that many antagonizing her won't take it lightly if there partner in marriage consult their mother for decision before them.

2 Likes

Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by tweakdude1: 11:30am On Dec 13, 2020
There is nothing wrong though.

Most marriages suffers when the husband and wife doesn't really understand these words.

For males

Boy,man, Husband and father

For females

Girls, lady,woman, wife and mother. The earlier they do understand the better.

Because person born you no mean say she is qualified to be called a mother or a father?

1 Like

Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by Aonkuuse(m): 11:32am On Dec 13, 2020
Aye!! Professor in institution of marriage, mothers are the backbone of some marriages and I can testify of more than 5 of those marriages. If you really need to succeed in marriage and you have good parents, take your issues to them, no one I mean no one can give you a better advice in your marriage like a good mother, not even your pastor. Though I agree with you that not every issue you take to your parents but trust me only your parents can advise you without taking it outside, most pastors or mentors may give you advice then in turn discussed it with probably his wife then before you know it, your issue is in the open
Angelfrost:

Don't miss the point...

It is not a question of what works! It's about the right and proper approach to the institution of marriage.

Opening the door fully for your parents and relatives to be all over your marriage and home is never always prudent, even if your spouse is friendly, accommodating, or accepting. There should be boundaries!!! You don't take a spouse's generous and friendly nature for granted... This is how crisis come into once peaceful homes.
Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by Osolanrewaju: 11:35am On Dec 13, 2020
Every mother is not dsame so if ur mother is wicked does it mean all mother we be the same.
Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by Gokoyer0(m): 11:35am On Dec 13, 2020
Nightstalker:
[s][/s]

Just read this trash !!
If you are incapable of understanding a message why comment ?
Can't you sometimes skip?
She didn't insinuate she doesn't respect her mom but she gave sound advise.

But you are so blinded by hate because despite all you sai buhari from here to facebook no one knows you and you got served lengthy bans back to back grin

Aisha on other hand is an urban legend, she is loved across tribe and religion. She is the pride of Arewa.

Her husband has said time and again how proud he is of her..look at his smile in the photo that's love

Show us yours grin

You even went as far as using both accounts to insult her.. that looks pretty unstable to me.

grin

From all of us here at nightstalker we love you Aisha grin
Thanks for this. That guy is a real piece of gar..bage creating nuisance here and there. He is even mentioning non-existing Sisi Yewande.
Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by internet: 11:38am On Dec 13, 2020
Fear women
Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by Angelfrost(m): 11:40am On Dec 13, 2020
OyinO:

Her statement is straight to point. No parabolical or allegorical assertions. Don't try to twist it by your emphatic and shameful body-shaming tactics. Mother is precious but a stewpeed selfish wife will separate a man from MOTHER, father and every other family members by every means POSSIBLE! Just so that she can have him all to herself and suck him dry. It all begins with statements like this. So take your useless insults elsewhere because I'm already immune to online insults and attacks by attack dogs and toothless electronic bulldogs like you.

Insults??! What part exactly did I descend to such ungainly level of insults??!.. You are the one who actually insulted her over something you clearly didn't comprehend properly.

An enlightened person doesn't just take a statement at face value or out of context, regardless of how you feel about the author... That bespeaks poor intelligence.

For starters, you don't even know her or her family background... Please, show forth proof that she is a selfish wife with untoward relationship towards her in-laws. I can bet you have not the slightest inkling of where she is coming from.

Learn how to comment and pass messages without unnecessary heat and rancor. Be teachable!!! Thank you.
Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by omojesu202(m): 11:40am On Dec 13, 2020
Angelfrost:

Nah... It is only rubbish to the uncomprehending.

Those who properly understood the wisdom in that simple statement are better for it.

Please, work on your comprehension skills. Thank you. tongue

well I'm speaking for myself and my mom will never ask you to take any decision that would end your marriage cuz she has been in hers for over 50 years.
nevertheless, I don't know about you and Aisha's mom.
Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 11:42am On Dec 13, 2020
elantraceey:

Exactly. Sometimes the intention is pure but based on a misconception or false information.
Yeah.
Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by feedthenation(m): 11:42am On Dec 13, 2020
---Her statement speaks in most marriages where Mothers want to exercise their influence---

1 Like

Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 13, 2020
Onyeasi:
Well said. Mothers, generally women.

For the first time in about 11 years ago I joined nairaland. Today is the first day I made first to comment.

Make Una show me love undecided undecided grin
liar (onyeasi)
Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 13, 2020
Onyeasi:

For the first time in about 11 years ago I joined nairaland. Today is the first day I made first to comment.

liar (onyeasi) grin
Onyeasi:

liar (onyeasi)
Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by zedman1(m): 11:47am On Dec 13, 2020
Poshriel:
And your ex's too

More reason you should monitor your spouse's phones before saying I do. What I found out when I monitored my man's WhatsApp still shocks me till date.

All thanks to the guy who helped me hack his WhatsApp.

Pls guys make sure to know what he or she does on the media
Checking your partner's phone, no matter how much you try to convince yourself that you're just doing it to be sure of his/her fidelity, will only end up having you hurt yourself, just like you wrote that it still shocks you till date. Don't do it. Leave a cheating partner if you can, ( You know a cheating partner, they're just harder to let go of) don't check their phones!
Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by Angelfrost(m): 11:47am On Dec 13, 2020
Aonkuuse:
Aye!! Professor in institution of marriage, mothers are the backbone of some marriages and I can testify of more than 5 of those marriages. If you really need to succeed in marriage and you have good parents, take your issues to them, no one I mean no one can give you a better advice in your marriage like a good mother, not even your pastor. Though I agree with you that not every issue you take to your parents but trust me only your parents can advise you without taking it outside, most pastors or mentors may give you advice then in turn discussed it with probably his wife then before you know it, your issue is in the open

Are we not saying the same thing??!... Did I say you should completely shut out your parents from your home??! Did I even claim that mothers have no place in guiding the young ones while married??!
How exactly do you comprehend simple submissions??! What exactly is with the "Professor of Marriage" sarcasm??! That was needless, indelicate, and puerile.

I am married with living and breathing parents Sir... They know their place, as do my in-laws. There are unspoken boundaries!!! If you don't know what that means with respect to happy and successful marriage, then you have a lot of learning to do. Thank you.
Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by zedman1(m): 11:51am On Dec 13, 2020
Poshriel:
And your ex's too

More reason you should monitor your spouse's phones before saying I do. What I found out when I monitored my man's WhatsApp still shocks me till date.

Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by zedman1(m): 11:51am On Dec 13, 2020
Poshriel:
And your ex's too

Checking your partner's phone, no matter how much you try to convince yourself that you're just doing it to be sure of his/her fidelity, will only end up having you hurt yourself, just like you wrote that it still shocks you till date. Don't do it. Leave a cheating partner if you can, ( You know a cheating partner, they're just harder to let go of) don't check their phones!
Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by somehow: 11:51am On Dec 13, 2020
Triangles1:
Truth but if it go sour you return back to that your mother

When you are not a todler.
which adult actually return back to their mothers?

"You shall leave your father and mother to cling to your wife/husband and you shall become one"
Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by Angelfrost(m): 11:53am On Dec 13, 2020
omojesu202:

well I'm speaking for myself and my mom will never ask you to take any decision that would end your marriage cuz she has been in hers for over 50 years.
nevertheless, I don't know about you and Aisha's mom.

My mother actually loves, adores, and respects my wife so much that she keeps her distance, maintains her boundaries, and only steps into our affairs solely when her counsel and input are sought (Which is most times)... We know exactly when to call upon her ancient and God-given wisdom, and she never fails to judiciously dispense it... She is happy with us, and we are blessed to have her too.

I believe Aisha does the same too, hence being so happily married for such a long time.... Whatever you assume otherwise, has no bearing on her existence.

There is wisdom in what she posted. Too bad she didn't elaborate more for the uncomprehending. cool

1 Like

Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by Romanoff(f): 11:54am On Dec 13, 2020
Only those who are wise will understand this advice.
Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by Aguogba(m): 11:54am On Dec 13, 2020
post=97018860:

Aisha,
Your mother is not the same as all Nigerian mothers,
is that understood?

Most girls/ladies best friends are their mothers,
Sisi Yewande of [b][/b] can testify to this.

Your mother sticks with you forever,
But your hubby can leave you anytime after turning your face to the face of one of Anthony Joshua's opponent or did what that Channels TV reporter did to the face of his wife!

So kindly speak for yourself and your family Aisha,
That is your family palava.

Next.......

True that!

Thank you Mr John M.
You've said it all.
You are also one of the very reasonable and sensible member we have on this forum.

Words from a wise lady.
Na ur mama born u.
God bless your mother for giving us a Queen like you! kiss
This Manna no be small pikin, today u talk well but you dey sabi use elderly wisdom in the wrong way most times.
Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by Tomilola360: 11:57am On Dec 13, 2020
Every adult should be wise enough to know if your mum would be toxic to your relationship and know where to involve and not involve them.

You cannot completely shut out ppl you ll still lean on when things go south.

1 Like

Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by abimic(m): 11:58am On Dec 13, 2020
So my wife would be tormenting me In marriage, I would be dying in silence, mama would even be the first to know. I have the best mom in the world. Not all mothers interfere unnecessarily in what doesn't concern them, even my mom calms my other brothers down when their wives get them angry. A good wife would know how to balance her home and in laws. My wife and my mum would be two close people, not some women who doesn't want to see mother in law.
Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by OyinO: 12:07pm On Dec 13, 2020
[quote author=Angelfrost post=97021360]

Insults??! What part exactly did I descend to such ungainly level of insults??!.. You are the one who actually insulted her over something you clearly didn't comprehend properly.

An enlightened person doesn't just take a statement at face value or out of context, regardless of how you feel about the author... That bespeaks poor intelligence.

For starters, you don't even know her or her family background... Please, show forth proof that she is a selfish wife with untoward relationship towards her in-laws. I can bet you have not the slightest inkling of where she is coming from.

Learn how to comment and pass messages without unnecessary heat and rancor. Be teachable!!! Thank you.[/quote

Well said. If I insulted her, I'm sorry. However, some of my submissions are general statements, not particularly directed to her person in the form of direct attack. Anyways, you seem to have a point but you quickly forgot you condescended to yelling "shame" at me and calling me ignorant. What is an insult? You seem to be making sense but struggling to overcome crude ego and pride. You're nothing but a big BABOON pointing and laughing at the bald head of a vulture.
Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by Donspicey: 12:08pm On Dec 13, 2020
ILoveDemMANNA:

Only a foolish nonentity that grew up in a household full of hate, backbiting, beatings, jealousy and bitterness will ever say such rubbish against her mom.
It is obvious she is not raised in a family full of love and happiness.
No wonder she go dey strong face, dey shout everywhere like one she-devil.
Bastard pikin.

Na bastard pikin now, wetin u expect.
She think say every mama be like her own mama.
See as she wash the old poor woman for public.

See as u get mind dey insult person wey pass you by far........

Try get sense now.......

Na her opinion be dat mk u sef gv ur opinion nah...
Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by udemzyudex(m): 12:10pm On Dec 13, 2020
fuckdemrepented:
Nonsense.... Wife that can leave anytime but mother is for ever

Comprehension is a big problem to you.
Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by Olabodmit: 12:10pm On Dec 13, 2020
Happy Sunday to you all
Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by Angelfrost(m): 12:11pm On Dec 13, 2020
[quote author=OyinO post=97022065][/quote]

Oh... My sincere and unreserved apologies!!! No harm intended. Peace!!!
Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:16pm On Dec 13, 2020
Foursquarez:
Aisha, u sha just dey cap fire
Nothing dey confra
We don retire
Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by Angelfrost(m): 12:16pm On Dec 13, 2020
Donspicey:

See as u get mind dey insult person wey pass you by far........

Try get sense now.......

Na her opinion be dat mk u sef gv ur opinion nah...

That's the same person who always jumps on anyone who speaks the same way against his "Darling Daddy" in Aso Rock... The irony!!!

1 Like

Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by deeway200(m): 12:19pm On Dec 13, 2020
[quote author=Onyeasi post=97018852]Well said. Mothers, generally women.

Make Una show me love undecided undecided grin[/quote
bro I jealous you
Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by Adeoyelee: 12:24pm On Dec 13, 2020
Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by Indispensable85(m): 12:26pm On Dec 13, 2020
Rashford22:

You are a sensible person.
You deserve one nicely molded Arizona

Lol...... I greet u specially.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ibb’s Son Joins Niger Gov Race / #NewOshodi: Ambode Unveils Solution For 'Oshodi Menace' (PHOTOS,VIDEO) / Vice Pres. Prof Yemi Osibanjo Makes A Surprise Visit To Fuel Stations In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.