Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,707 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Aisha Yesufu: For Competence, Equity, Kwankwaso Should’ve Been Obi’s Deputy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aisha Yesufu: For Competence, Equity, Kwankwaso Should’ve Been Obi’s Deputy (32469 Views)

Omokri Mocks Betta Edu: Oyedepo’s Prayers Should’ve Made You Set Good Example / People Dragging Aisha Yesufu For Campaign Against Sanwo-olu / Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aisha Yesufu: For Competence, Equity, Kwankwaso Should’ve Been Obi’s Deputy by Maxymilliano(m): 6:29am On Jul 10, 2022
The alliance talks between Peter Obi and Rabiu Kwankwaso failed mainly because they couldn’t agree on who should be the candidate and running mate, in your view, who should have been the candidate ?

In my opinion, Obi should have been the candidate and Kwankwaso the running mate. This is not about age or who is older. With what is on ground now, Peter Obi is more competent, and we have had eight years of a northerner being a president, so it’s only fair for the presidency to move to the other part of the country to maintain a balance. If they win the election, with the current arrangement, it would go back to the North and Kwankwaso could contest. Also, if you look at it in terms of the reach right now, Peter Obi has a wider reach than Kwankwaso. It’s my opinion and others could have theirs. Given the critical times we are in, it’s not to say he (Kwankwaso) would collapse his structure. We are already telling people to vote for candidates, not the political party. People who already won the party’s ticket for other positions like state and national assemblies and governorship would still fly the party’s flag. If they are competent persons, people would still vote for them. At the end of the day, you would have what you normally have in a parliamentary system where you have like two parties coming together to form a government. That’s what it would have been like. We look forward to seeing what both of them would come up with eventually.

Kwankwaso’s supporters say he was a two-term governor, a former minister and former senator while Obi’s only experience in government was when he served as a governor. What do you make of that argument that Kwankwaso is more experienced?

Let’s look at the example of the United States. Joe Biden had more experience than former President Barrack Obama and he (Biden) stayed longer at the senate than Obama did but that didn’t stop him from being a running mate. Biden was older and had been in politics before Obama. At the time Obama contested, he (Biden) didn’t run but he later did and today he’s the president of the United States. I think at every moment, it should not be about our selfish interest; it should be about what is good for the nation and people should be able to read the mood of their environment. Something is going on; the Nigerian youths are rallying round Peter Obi, so there is a momentum that is being built around him. Kwankwaso doesn’t even have the movement up till now, so what is wrong with being a running mate. It shouldn’t be about the age, or I have done this for this long and such things. It should be about what is the right thing to do. It’s unfair we are even thinking about another northerner, who is also a Muslim when we just currently have someone from there. Where is the equity in that? Ordinarily, we would have loved to say we only need people who are competent but this is where we are now. They (Obi and Kwankwaso) were both in the Peoples Democratic Party and in 2019 I think there was a sort of gentleman’s agreement whereby a lot of candidates from the South stayed away, and now it’s their turn to stay away and people are coming to say something else. It’s just not fair. People must always have a sense of belonging in their country. At this point, I think it’s only fair to say let power go back to the South and in the southern part, there is a region that has yet to produce a president, and beyond that he’s among the frontline presidential candidates that we have.

Some have also said Obi’s movement is on Twitter and that neither he nor the Labour Party has structure nationwide to win a presidential election. What do you make of that argument?

The first thing is to ask; is there anybody who lives on Twitter? I want to see someone who has built a house on Twitter. We are all human beings who have places to lay our heads at the end of each day. No matter how you tweet, you will not sleep there. There is no bed on Twitter, Facebook or other social media platforms. You would still leave that space and ‘return’ home. What is this structure they talk about? It’s not just about buildings or party machineries. Structures are the people. Even in the bigger parties, the structure is about the people. People are supporting him and they are taking ownership of the movement. It’s not even an Obi’s movement. It’s a movement that has taken a life of its own, and they are saying enough is enough of just waiting that the politicians would do the right thing. What have the structures they have had all these years produced other than bloodshed, mayhem and grief. People are tired of that and they want to build their own structures and they are doing it. So, it’s at their own peril to think Peter Obi doesn’t have structure and his supporters are only in the social media. People are talking to one another, they understand that they are the structure and they are putting in their all. For years, I have been saying to people that whatever we do, we must ensure we are putting our money where our votes are and it is so gratifying to see Nigerians do that. They are not waiting for the candidates to bring money; they are using their money to do things. People are doing T-shirts, billboards and donating their offices. Those are the structures, nothing else.

Did PDP not lose the presidential election in 2019, did the party not have structure? You also see a lot of people, especially of the PDP, telling people that ‘don’t waste your vote’, and the question is that, the vote they were given in 2019, did they win with it? People are no longer held back by their fears. They are moved by their conviction. People are no longer going to vote out of fear but out of conviction. So, it’s better for them to vote for people they know to be capable, rather than the person they think would win, because at the end of the day, voting for the person you think would win has got us into the mess we are in now in Nigeria.

It’s few days to go, do you think Obi and Kwankwaso should find a way to work together or they should look for alternatives?

For me, I think there is no need for them to work together. If the chemistry is not there, forget about it. There is no need forcing it and I don’t think that is the only way Peter Obi can win the 2023 election. It’s just one of the ways. He should look for another way to keep going. At this moment, there is no need forcing that union; it’s over and done with. Let everybody move on and let the best person win. I feel it would have made it easier and more pragmatic (for them to work together) but it also shows that for some it’s not about the country but about self interest and nobody is talking about justice and equity. What is most important is who the Nigerian people want. There are so many things with this election; nobody can say this would be the winner. It depends on the people who are ready to put in the work and would get it at the end of the day. We have so many things working for us, like the new Electoral Act. Some of the shenanigans our politicians used to can’t happen anymore. There will be no power of incumbency because the president (Major General Muhammadu Buhari) is not contesting. So, the message to Nigerians is that they are the structure and enough of voting out of fear. By voting continuously for structure and incompetence, we have wasted our lives. It is time to stop wasting our lives and vote for people who are competent. And it’s not just about the presidency, it’s about who becomes the governor, senator and House of Representatives or state House of Assembly member. People should vote for candidates instead of parties.

https://punchng.com/for-competence-equity-kwankwaso-shouldve-been-obis-deputy-aisha-yesufu/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1657418307

197 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: For Competence, Equity, Kwankwaso Should’ve Been Obi’s Deputy by Totilopussylick(m): 6:31am On Jul 10, 2022
It’s few days to go, do you think Obi and Kwankwaso should find a way to work together or they should look for alternatives?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: For Competence, Equity, Kwankwaso Should’ve Been Obi’s Deputy by Peacemaker5128: 6:32am On Jul 10, 2022
Ibos have someone like Willi Obiano with numerous projects in Anambla and they want to force Peter Pandora Obituary on us. It can not work that way

76 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: For Competence, Equity, Kwankwaso Should’ve Been Obi’s Deputy by Cypress042(m): 6:34am On Jul 10, 2022

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: For Competence, Equity, Kwankwaso Should’ve Been Obi’s Deputy by Totilopussylick(m): 6:35am On Jul 10, 2022
Peacemaker5128:
Ibos have someone like Willi Obiano with numerous projects in Anambla and they want to force Peter Pandora Obituary on us. It can not work that way

Your sarcastically shows the level of your foolishness tongue.

787 Likes 61 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: For Competence, Equity, Kwankwaso Should’ve Been Obi’s Deputy by Truthisunique2: 6:35am On Jul 10, 2022
Northern real Muslims should be very careful with these fake minority south Muslims

This woman is only rooting for her fellow fake Muslim tinubu in disguise of "south taqiya"

With what mc oloumo said about taking over fulani, it's clear minority fake Muslims have an agenda against their superiors

23 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: For Competence, Equity, Kwankwaso Should’ve Been Obi’s Deputy by Penguin2: 6:37am On Jul 10, 2022
Kwankwaso will live to forever regret the day he let stupid pride take better of his thinking faculties.

It’s obvious to me now that these people are always never in tune with the reality on ground.

Or how else would you explain the fact Kwankwaso seemed to have been totally unaware of Obi’s popularity among the Nigerian youths across the country which is why he was trying so much to paint Peter Obi as a southeast candidate and all other trash he talked.

Now, Nigerians know that Kwankwaso is just another ethnic jingoist.

554 Likes 44 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: For Competence, Equity, Kwankwaso Should’ve Been Obi’s Deputy by Viscuz: 6:37am On Jul 10, 2022
Ship don sail to Yusuf

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: For Competence, Equity, Kwankwaso Should’ve Been Obi’s Deputy by jumper524(m): 6:37am On Jul 10, 2022
For competence Kwankwaso should be the president while Obi vice.
Kwankwaso is more competent and remarkable in his achievements than Obi.
Also Kwankwaso has more leadership qualities and traits than Obi.
But for equity, then Obi can be president while Kwankwaso becomes vice cos the northwest has hardly been away from power.

50 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: For Competence, Equity, Kwankwaso Should’ve Been Obi’s Deputy by Viscuz: 6:39am On Jul 10, 2022
jumper524:
But for equity, then Obi can be president while Kwankwaso becomes vice cos the northwest has hardly been away from power.

You don’t mean it

216 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: For Competence, Equity, Kwankwaso Should’ve Been Obi’s Deputy by Tonypen247(m): 6:39am On Jul 10, 2022
That era is passed already....let us discuss something Yus Ful cool

Kindly check my signature below for your academic research writing assistance, Assignments, Projects, and content writing with Zero plagiarism.

288 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: For Competence, Equity, Kwankwaso Should’ve Been Obi’s Deputy by helinues: 6:42am On Jul 10, 2022
Long thing epistle

Sebi Obi's supporters have been busy attacking Kwankwaso because of that, calling North all sorts of names as if the picked Obi's VP is not from north

Na mouth Obi's supporters go take finish Obi's presidential ambition

23 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: For Competence, Equity, Kwankwaso Should’ve Been Obi’s Deputy by Maxymilliano(m): 6:47am On Jul 10, 2022
His pomposity didn't allow him I guess

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Yesufu: For Competence, Equity, Kwankwaso Should’ve Been Obi’s Deputy by Tochi3(m): 6:51am On Jul 10, 2022
Peacemaker5128:
who ask you

112 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: For Competence, Equity, Kwankwaso Should’ve Been Obi’s Deputy by Penguin2: 6:51am On Jul 10, 2022
helinues:
Long thing epistle

Sebi Obi's supporters have been busy attacking Kwankwaso because of that, calling North all sor of names as if the picked Obi VP is from from north

Na mouth Obi's supporters go take finish Obi's presidential ambition

Obi’s supporters are only attacking the north in your head and Reno Omokri’s head.

Kwankwaso is a man of himself, he is not the north. So attack on Kwankwaso is not attack on the north.

Except you agree therefore, that the vile words you all have been saying of Obi also translates to insult on the southeast.

And that when you people carried a coffin with Jonathan’s picture on it during the electioneering of 2015, you people were carrying the entire Southsouth in your coffin.

235 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: For Competence, Equity, Kwankwaso Should’ve Been Obi’s Deputy by omenka(m): 6:53am On Jul 10, 2022
Viscuz:

You don’t mean it
I think he meant it.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: For Competence, Equity, Kwankwaso Should’ve Been Obi’s Deputy by Obidient4life3: 6:53am On Jul 10, 2022
Sorry ma, we don't need such deputy for Obi. The man Obi has is far better than what Kwankwaso would have brought to the table.

133 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: For Competence, Equity, Kwankwaso Should’ve Been Obi’s Deputy by helinues: 6:53am On Jul 10, 2022
Penguin2:

Obi’s supporters are only attacking the north in your head and Reno Omokri’s head.

Kwankwaso is a man of himself, he is not the north. So attack on Kwankwaso is not attack on the north.

Except you agree therefore, that the vile words you all have been saying of Obi also translates to insult on the southeast.

And that when you people carried a coffin with Jonathan’s picture on it during the electioneering of 2015, you people were carrying the entire Southsouth in your coffin.

Abeg, today na Sunday, don't give us unnecessary headache

You couldn't address the point I raised properly. You just missed everything together and ended up saying nothing

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: For Competence, Equity, Kwankwaso Should’ve Been Obi’s Deputy by dawnomike(m): 6:54am On Jul 10, 2022
She has spoken well...

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Yesufu: For Competence, Equity, Kwankwaso Should’ve Been Obi’s Deputy by Penguin2: 6:59am On Jul 10, 2022
helinues:

Abeg, today na Sunday, don't give us unnecessary headache

You couldn't address the point I raised properly. You just missed everything together and ended up saying nothing

I’m not surprised you are running away from answering the question.

I’d actually have been surprised if you provided any logical response to the question I posed to you.

In all, I’m sure you have seen the hollowness of your argument yourself.

109 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: For Competence, Equity, Kwankwaso Should’ve Been Obi’s Deputy by Wisetrue99: 7:01am On Jul 10, 2022
Maxymilliano:

It shouldn’t be about the age, or I have done this for this long and such things. It should be about what is the right thing to do. It’s unfair we are even thinking about another northerner, who is also a Muslim when we just currently have someone from there. Where is the equity in that? Ordinarily
https://punchng.com/for-competence-equity-kwankwaso-shouldve-been-obis-deputy-aisha-yesufu/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1657418307
Someone from the north eventually made sense!

Kwankwaso is not only greedy but egoistic selfish thinking about himself and not the nation

He was even more divisive!

Its a pity we no longer have elders or listen to counsels anymore

No one that is just and believes in unity will oppose Obi's mandate!

Structure, structure, structure, of what benefit are the structures we have over the years Where e don take us

For the sake of sanity, its only wise that ALL Nigerians consensually allows Obi to preside this country come next year!

A word is enough for the wise!

106 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: For Competence, Equity, Kwankwaso Should’ve Been Obi’s Deputy by helinues: 7:02am On Jul 10, 2022
Penguin2:

I’m not surprised you are running away from answering the question.

I’d actually have been surprised if you provided any logical response to the question I posed to you.

In all, I’m sure you have seen the hollowness of your argument yourself.

How many monikers do you want to be using to engage with me.

This is your second monikers this morning.

Na so engagement with me dey so important to you?

Meanwhile, your engagement is always boring, if possible, you can stop mentioning/quoting me.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: For Competence, Equity, Kwankwaso Should’ve Been Obi’s Deputy by DOTian: 7:03am On Jul 10, 2022
Kwankwaso is worse than Buhari with his entrenched tribalism and cultural superiority complex. The sectional press in this country has done a very good job at making heros out of villains, otherwise his bad reputation on this area , would be haunting him by now.. Check his past interviews, especially during the Jonathan years and they're replete with all sorts of uncouth tribalistic outbursts. Kwankwaso once thunderd that if there's is any part of Nigeria that needs more states, it should be the North West! I mean, the same North West that already has 7 states as we speak. And he was saying this while answering questions regarding the agitations for more states from the South East that has just 5 States.

Dude builds schools and roads in Niger republic than he has done in any other parts of Nigeria apart from his Kano State. The destruction of beer crates and beverages even in christian areas of Kano, started during his regime. This guy once sent his personal assistant to meet Ohaneze chieftains who visited his office after igbos at Sabon Garri Kano were bombed! He was in town but wanted to use such critical time to insult, taunt and throw his weight around. Kwankwaso is a hardcore religious and tribal chauvinist.. Buhari was able to hide and pretend he was not such a tribalist before he was elected, but Kwankwaso is already so audacious about his parochial credentials. He should go and deputize for Elrufai..

112 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: For Competence, Equity, Kwankwaso Should’ve Been Obi’s Deputy by ZUBY77(m): 7:03am On Jul 10, 2022
On Point, but the Tinubu Bots dont read long interviews

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: For Competence, Equity, Kwankwaso Should’ve Been Obi’s Deputy by ZUBY77(m): 7:06am On Jul 10, 2022
jumper524:

I bet you didnt read where it said that North is currently in power

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: For Competence, Equity, Kwankwaso Should’ve Been Obi’s Deputy by Boyooosa(m): 7:12am On Jul 10, 2022
Noted
Re: Aisha Yesufu: For Competence, Equity, Kwankwaso Should’ve Been Obi’s Deputy by HilcomTech(m): 7:12am On Jul 10, 2022
Education
Kwankwaso bagged a masters and PhD in engineering from the UK while Peter Obi barely graduated from the university with a 3rd class after spending over a decade in a lowly rated social science course.

Work and experience
Kwankwaso worked as an Engineer in the civil service and helped solved a lot of Kano water problems before venturing into politics while Obi's account of himself was quite hazy and mostly filled with half truths.

Political career
Kwankwaso was elected state house of assembly member and rose to be the Kano state house of assembly speaker, He was a 2 time governor of Kano state, a federal minister and senator,. While Obi was only a governor for 2 times in Anambra

Achievements while in office as governors
Kwankaso built two universities and sent over 1000 students abroad on scholarships while in Anambra state, lecturers and teachers went on strike for many months while Obi was governor.
Peter Obi however went to secondary school and gave them 12 laptops and took pictures with the kids.

Any sane person can be the judge of these two individuals.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: For Competence, Equity, Kwankwaso Should’ve Been Obi’s Deputy by Wintertime: 7:12am On Jul 10, 2022
That's the truth
Re: Aisha Yesufu: For Competence, Equity, Kwankwaso Should’ve Been Obi’s Deputy by Nobody: 7:12am On Jul 10, 2022
Make una rest
Empty barrel makes the loudest noise that's why you people keep disturbing us with an empty candidate that won't even come third

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Yesufu: For Competence, Equity, Kwankwaso Should’ve Been Obi’s Deputy by Wisetrue99: 7:12am On Jul 10, 2022
jumper524:
Na towards the end you come make sense

SMH

You might have been unbiased if the comparison was between Fashola and Peter Obi but who is Kwankwaso

The only thing I can associate with Kwankwaso is red cap grin cheesy grin

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: For Competence, Equity, Kwankwaso Should’ve Been Obi’s Deputy by ThatFairGuy1: 7:13am On Jul 10, 2022
It's either she's on meth or fear she has for Obi bulldogs grin

What Nonsense
omenka:
I think he meant it.
grin

200 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari & Osinbajo With Alaafin Of Oyo (Photo) / Drama In Kogi Police Command As Incoming CP Flee Without Taking Over / 'NNPC Gave John Momoh, Channels TV N19 Billion To Promote Buhari' - Leadersng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.