Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' (32507 Views)

Keep Your Dollars Closer! - Aisha Yesufu / People Dragging Aisha Yesufu For Campaign Against Sanwo-olu / Aisha Yesufu: For Competence, Equity, Kwankwaso Should’ve Been Obi’s Deputy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 13, 2020
ILoveDemMANNA:

Na bastard pikin now, wetin u expect.
She think say every mama be like her own mama.
See as she wash the old woman for public.
ma/sir calm down ... I love my mum more anybody/anything in this world ... she never said she hates her mum .. drink a glass of water, chill then read that advice gain ...if you still dont see any positives from it..then sorry I cannot help you
Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by Spectaclesawe25: 2:35pm On Dec 13, 2020
It is deep. Only few will comprehend.
Keeping your mother out of your marriage isn't like not speaking to her or hearing from her but avoid giving her too much details about yourself and your spouse. It can expose the weakness in the home and the consequence is always not palatable to both parties.
Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by JIREN01: 3:24pm On Dec 13, 2020
Poshriel:
And your ex's too

More reason you should monitor your spouse's phones before saying I do. What I found out when I monitored my man's WhatsApp still shocks me till date.

All thanks to the guy who helped me hack his WhatsApp.

Pls guys make sure to know what he or she does on the media
Can you please gist us?
Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by plana1: 3:43pm On Dec 13, 2020
She is absolutely right. There is a case in my compound currently about my neighbour's wife whose mother helped her to insult her husband and even helped her moved her belongings out of the guy's house a forthnight ago. Since last week they have been coming around to beg the guy to accept his wife back.

The guy has refused to even open the gate for them to enter his house. Now they are appealing to neighbours to help beg the guy to accept his wife back.
Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by Caseywilliams(m): 3:48pm On Dec 13, 2020
Oluwapluto:
She said the truth here though
If you want your marriage to work out.....You need not to involve your mum into all matters in the relationship......Especially men
But I hope she is talking to both gender sha?? sad
so the women are free to involve their own mothers abi?
Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by Caseywilliams(m): 3:50pm On Dec 13, 2020
Poshriel:
And your ex's too

More reason you should monitor your spouse's phones before saying I do. What I found out when I monitored my man's WhatsApp still shocks me till date.

All thanks to the guy who helped me hack his WhatsApp.

Pls guys make sure to know what he or she does on the media
u wey hack ur senior man WhatsApp account fit hack person to death.....incase u don't know nah me talk am
Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by chrizzyace: 3:52pm On Dec 13, 2020
Digitalwitch:

When will Nigerians stop using scriptures to drive a point?

Because the bible is the manual to the life You live in today.
Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by dominique(f): 3:54pm On Dec 13, 2020
What about the fathers? Don't they also involve themselves in the lives of their children or their involvement should be allowed?
Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by Boobysmith: 3:56pm On Dec 13, 2020
"As a new couple, learn what works for you. It is unique. Develop it yourself the way you want to. Keep everyone out of it! Do your thing and it is never easy marrying two different lives together. So take your time."

Letting my family knows everything about my marriage is what collapse it. Wish I knew this sooner.
Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by oluoma1: 4:04pm On Dec 13, 2020
Onyeasi:
Well said. Mothers, generally women.

For the first time in about 11 years ago I joined nairaland. Today is the first day I made first to comment.

Make Una show me love undecided undecided grin
This is my love for you?

Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by Michelle28520: 4:12pm On Dec 13, 2020
I think to some extent I understand and get dis msg clearly and I can say it dis woman is right, involving one's mother into one's marital home either of d spouse is not too good especially when d mother is on d side of her child, its not healthy for marriage, but one can inform dem but not to take sides.
Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by DimIsaac10(m): 4:40pm On Dec 13, 2020
To keep my ever patience mother out of what?. she must be high.
Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by yoursidenigga(m): 4:51pm On Dec 13, 2020
My mom will always stick with me all day, every day as long as she breathes. I no come understand what Aisha talk. But I think she is referring to not divulging sensitive information that could cause trouble to your mother when married.
Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by Coinbased: 5:00pm On Dec 13, 2020
Nonsense
Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by bukatyne(f): 5:12pm On Dec 13, 2020
Barristter07:

The biggest hypocrisy here is the Fact that many antagonizing her won't take it lightly if there partner in marriage consult their mother for decision before them.

cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by King44(m): 5:36pm On Dec 13, 2020
What works for family A may not work for Family be, there are many marriages that are still waxing stranger today because of interference from either mother or father, thus their role can't be downplayed. There are also some marriages whereby the reason why everything is upside down is because of their mothers, especially the ones that take sides and dishes bad advice to their children.

But for me o, my mom may not be able to give me the best of advice without being taking sides fortunately, I understand her and I know how to handle things already so taking her out of the equation is not an option when I am not a bastard and that is how it should be.

Just get familiar with your partner's mother during courtship know what they are capable of, make a decision so that all these werey advice won't come back to hurt you.

Why would you take your parents out of your marriage when they are not trouble makers and bad advisers whom you can't control... So it depends what works for A may not work for B.
Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by Rashford22: 6:30pm On Dec 13, 2020
not some women who doesn't want to see mother in law. [/quote]

Bias talk.!
There is vice versa in that case also..some mother in law who doesn't want to see your wife.

Just a comment reader.
Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by omojesu202(m): 6:53pm On Dec 13, 2020
Angelfrost:

My mother actually loves, adores, and respects my wife so much that she keeps her distance, maintains her boundaries, and only steps into our affairs solely when her counsel and input are sought (Which is most times)... We know exactly when to call upon her ancient and God-given wisdom, and she never fails to judiciously dispense it... She is happy with us, and we are blessed to have her too.

I believe Aisha does the same too, hence being so happily married for such a long time.... Whatever you assume otherwise, has no bearing on her existence.

There is wisdom in what she posted. Too bad she didn't elaborate more for the uncomprehending. cool

continue speaking grammar to defend nonesense.
the fact that you love her doesn't mean you shouldn't criticize her when she posted rubbish. I love her.
it's a simple English, there's nothing to crack brain here to understand. An SSCE holder can understand that, stop wasting and cracking your brain for ordinary comprehension.
if you're cracking brain for comprehension, then what are you going to do for integration
Don't discuss your marital problems with your mum.... you're a dullard for not understanding such simple statement.
Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by Angelfrost(m): 6:58pm On Dec 13, 2020
omojesu202:

continue speaking grammar to defend nonesense.
the fact that you love her doesn't mean you shouldn't criticize her when she posted rubbish. I love her.
it's a simple English, there's nothing to crack brain here to understand. An SSCE holder can understand that, stop wasting and cracking your brain for ordinary comprehension.
if you're cracking brain for comprehension, then what are you going to do for integration
Don't discuss your marital problems with your mum.... you're a dullard for not understanding such simple statement.

How do I say this without coming off as rude... Let me try...

My good sir, you are not making sense at all! Please, try again. cool
Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by EndRape2(f): 8:00pm On Dec 13, 2020
Simple English, she did not say leave your mother, or not care for your mother, she said , do not involve your mother in all marital iisues, simple as ABC, that is the best advice you can ever get, the way you reason is different from the way your mother reason, if you keep involving your mother in your marriage or you keep talking about your wife to her, she will hate your wife, and there will be conflicts between the two of them, which might crash your marriage, keep your marriage from third party.

ot tell your mother everythinuote author=fuckdemrepented post=97018873]Nonsense.... Wife that can leave anytime but mother is for ever [/quote]
Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by EndRape2(f): 8:22pm On Dec 13, 2020
Mumu, you can not read?

did she talk about her mother, f****l she gave the best advice you can get in this world, you can not involve your mother in all issues happening in your home, because it will lead to more problems.

quote author=ILoveDemMANNA post=97018950]
Na bastard pikin now, wetin u expect.
She think say every mama be like her own mama.
See as she wash the old woman for public.
[/quote]
Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by crafteck(m): 8:52pm On Dec 13, 2020
Nightstalker:

My friend where you dey since?

grin

Welcome back

Everything about this country, news, peoples reactions just de depressing
Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by Digitalwitch: 9:07pm On Dec 13, 2020
chrizzyace:

Because the bible is the manual to the life You live in today.
Why would Christians force their beliefs on non believers especially traditional worshippers?
Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by CioAngels(f): 9:16pm On Dec 13, 2020
Just like a man beats his wife because she said she won't be going to the market to check for clothes for his sister whenever she needs to buy clothes and send the videos to her now that she is married to her brother. The wife said to her husband, we should be thinking of how to start their home and her job hunting, and that earned her two or three slap. From that time till now there has been regular beating at the slightest provocation which he will claim it is anger. Her first pregnancy she miscarriaged as a result of beating that she has no character. He made sure he starved her during her second pregrancy, thank God she delivered safely. Her mother was called for omuguo and because the wife had a little issue that needed extra hospital care but he was always angry of his wife complaining of pain. The story had it that the girls mother would always tell him to take her to the hospital for checkup, unknown it did not go down well with him. His little son cried endlessly because of the unblical cord pain but he refused to buy medicine that he has to call his sister to get directions first. His in-law begged him to buy medicine for the boy, still he refused until his friends wife came and witnessed the cry, he agreed to buy grapewater. On the naming ceremony day, his in-law told him to call his sister to cook and he refused that his wife will cook. His wife cooked the indoor naming food on the seventh day alone while his in-law cared for the baby. They moved from one apartment to another on same floor, it is this women who dilievered barely a month that he used to carry the heavy chairs and tables. The man practically drove the wives mother on lies that she was contorlling his marriage after her has told him she was ready to go back but he kept quiet unknown to her he had ulterior move to disgrace her. His wife got pregnant again and she miscarriaged again all these miscarriages are always at three months and as a result of beating, as usual, reason, anger. Another pregnacy at three months the wife ranaway to her mother to save the pregnacy, we heard she delivered four months ago and at three months of delivery, he beat her, he tragulated her and for him to release her, she slapped him, at that point she said he intensify the stangulation with warning that he will cut her throat and kill her. He gave her blow in her eye with blood over her eye. The husband said because he paid dowery he has every right to beat her because of the money he paid on her head. We heard the wife has gone to her mother's house and she is attending eye clinic were the doctor said the eye is infected and has to be treated before he can talk about the flashes. The lady in-laws told her that because of the ordacity she had to travel the marriage is over, apparently, the believe that because they paid dowery the wife has no right again to her family, she becomes a total save which was how her husband was treating her. My question to Aisha, is, should the wives or husbands hide this brutality from their mother to keep the marriage? I'm sorry everyone for the long story, the narrator wants Aisha to answer her.
Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by ferking(m): 9:26pm On Dec 13, 2020
She is 89percent correct, because marriage is a puzzle you find it out your self, marriage is a secret you discover it your self, your mother marriage will never be the same with your own, because your husband is not your father and they don't have the same DNA
Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by Nobody: 9:46pm On Dec 13, 2020
Considering the kind of breeds we have as either wife or hubby these days, I think leaving one's mom out of the marriage is gonna backfire someday.
Unsatisfied/uncultured kids getting married nowadays angry

A sensible partner would always know what to do to protect his/her marriage.
Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by Nobody: 9:49pm On Dec 13, 2020
crafteck:

Everything about this country, news, peoples reactions just de depressing

You can't let that get you down bro , you gotta stay positive

Only focus on the people whose vibe tallies with yours the rest can go away
Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by goodheart02(m): 10:07pm On Dec 13, 2020
post=97018860:

Aisha,
Your mother is not the same as all Nigerian mothers,
is that understood?

Most girls/ladies best friends are their mothers,
Sisi Yewande of [b][/b] can testify to this.

Your mother sticks with you forever,
But your hubby can leave you anytime after turning your face to the face of one of Anthony Joshua's opponent or did what that Channels TV reporter did to the face of his wife!

So kindly speak for yourself and your family Aisha,
That is your family palava.

Next.......

True that!

Thank you Mr John M.
You've said it all.
You are also one of the very reasonable and sensible member we have on this forum.

Words from a wise lady.
Na ur mama born u.
God bless your mother for giving us a Queen like you! kiss

You're here yarning about mother, are u not aware that people are accusing your darling daddy Buhari with fake news of kidnap in the north?? How can they accuse your darling daddy when he has defeated insecurity and no one was kidnapped, all fake.. Lol. I even had to remind them that Nigeria is very peaceful and that you're still receiving your 30K chop money from the FG, and that all Zombies are also enjoying the barbing from Sai barber grin
Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by crafteck(m): 10:09pm On Dec 13, 2020
Nightstalker:

You can't let that get you down bro , you gotta stay positive

Only focus on the people whose vibe tallies with yours the rest can go away

Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by Nobody: 10:10pm On Dec 13, 2020
crafteck:

Thanks bro

Pls join us in our poll

Share link to other nairalanders pls

https://www.nairaland.com/6312174/list-top-3-most-disliked
Re: Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' by backbone503(m): 10:40pm On Dec 13, 2020
Good mothers have a big role to play in the success of the marriage of their children. This doesn't imply they'll call the shots.

Apart your spouse (if married), no one loves and wishes you well like your mum. I don't joke with mine.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

LP Accused Peter Obi Of Demolishing Their Billboards In 2013 (Video) / Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi / Lawan, Akume Lead Anti-saraki Senators Out Of Plenary In Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.