Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? (24786 Views)

IF SCHOOL DOES NOT WORK OUT...WHAT'S YOUR BACKUP PLAN? / I Want To Sue My Poly If School Fails To Open This September / BREAKING: UNIOSUN To Get In Trouble If School Resume Lectures On Monday - ASUU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by unity004(m): 9:36am On Dec 14, 2020
Godhead4:

You know there's a drug you can buy and add to their drinking water so they don't fall sick. It works
i know most of the drugs and I have some but it's not always 100% effective. some chickens especially broilers will look healthy but will fall sick over night especially this cold harmattan season
Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by unity004(m): 9:40am On Dec 14, 2020
Jimmy231:
Try Piggery morality is a thing of poultry
piggery is very lucrative, I have bought a female and a male piglet three weeks ago. I think I will just switched to it after selling all my remaining birds
Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by unity004(m): 9:40am On Dec 14, 2020
Jimmy231:
Try Piggery morality is a thing of poultry
piggery is very lucrative, I have bought a female and a male piglet three weeks ago. I think I will just switched to it after selling all my remaining birds.
Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by Lawsaite: 9:44am On Dec 14, 2020
Chevrolet076:

we all had this mentality during our early undergrad days.... Don't worry, Nigeria will make you wise up. and pray you keep getting all the support ( financial, emotional etc) you're currently getting.
It's the financial support for me. Na all these silver spooned children
Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by Nobody: 9:48am On Dec 14, 2020
Interesting comments so far, personally my back up plan is my brain.

2 Likes

Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by Newman20(m): 9:48am On Dec 14, 2020
kumulus:

It ought to be clear to you my response was directed to NwadykExcel.

Do you have an idea of how many graduates this country has presently?? The number is embarrassingly too large, how many decades of churning out jobless graduates again

Well I wouldn't go into further details on that so I don't hear it too much...

I don't think I hinted anywhere I'm against education, the op asked for backup plans if education failed and he said his backup was education still...how is that plausible in the first place when the question had been conditioned so??! Think about that please.

We claim the country is saturated with businesses and entrepreneurs already but is that so?? What I think we fail to realize is that the world has moved off into the information age and the industrial era is getting into its final close. When people say they are getting a skill I don't think it's the tailoring, automobile mechanic, fashion design thingy per se. The world as we know it today is more a global village and thankfully we are getting access to information more readily via the internet, office works are getting out of fashion...the world is moving off into cloud computing and people who posses good skills are ever needed. Traditional "professionals" are very much less in demand. What it takes to thrive in this time anywhere are skills, not certificates.

Why do you think most graduates around here are regarded as 'unemployable'? You probably should be asking yourself right now, what makes a graduate employable??! Skills my man, not the "this is to certify that ......" America today as we know it was built out from economic disadvantage off the efforts of nothing but pure skill and grit, very industrious men who displayed great passion gave the foundation of what you see today as the number one nation. Men who showed skill and not just intellect or academia alone.

Remember according to the op, this wasn't a choice between classroom education and/or skills acquisition, he said a 'backup plan'. If there's one who failed to address the op correctly I suspect it should be the young man I initially responded to.

To address the issue of businesses failing to make profit, how do we expect this not to be. The flow of money is greatly outbalanced hence the constant failures recorded by people going into business (which in most cases are people who have failed to do due diligence).

Again, it isn't a "vs' matter!

-Lloyd

I applaud your well detailed explanation and concede defeat in this argument.

Again, let's say I were to start a business what are the processes of "due diligence" I could undertake to stop the failure of said business.
Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by unity004(m): 9:49am On Dec 14, 2020
OGWILLS123:

Why not buy Palm oil when it is cheaper
and sell when the price rises up.
around May this year I can't still remember my mother
telling me to buy Palm oil and store, that the price is cheaper now I think it was around 8K for 25 litres then.
Now the current price is 14K minimum to 16K

I will have love to start the biz next year but nah cash be the problem sad
. thanks for the idea. raising business capital is always a big challenge but if you can get someone that have money for partnership, it will be great. that person might be a close friend, a relative or some one that can trust you with his investment
Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by unity004(m): 9:53am On Dec 14, 2020
Originalsly:

Go to Agriculture Section here on NL..... search topic My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods. I have no intentions of raising not even one chicken.... but this guy is the master guide on raising healthy chickens without the expensive feeds and meds. Thank me later........... with the biggest chicken.
thanks a lot, I will check the thread for info
Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by GoodBoi1(m): 9:59am On Dec 14, 2020
Geeman23:
interested in this software devt. can you please be a guide along that path. how does the learning etc work. I am law student. with no science background.
You don't need to have a science background. I will advise to do more research on the internet using google, youtube etc about how to learn software development. Search for the experience of other people who learnt to code too. Here are resources you can use to learn, I will advise you to start with HTML then CSS and next JavaScript

https://www.freecodecamp.org/

https://www.w3schools.com/
Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by unity004(m): 10:00am On Dec 14, 2020
Camelot65:
Don't you treat them?
I always vaccinate and treat my birds but there must be a morality and I don't know why?
Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by Alexaonfleek: 10:24am On Dec 14, 2020
ashawoKGB:

Another man masquerading under this moniker .This is what Nairaland male ass licking females have caused.

Yahoo doesn't pay bro
I changed my moniker to m hope you're happy now undecided

1 Like

Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by Jimmy231: 11:22am On Dec 14, 2020
unity004:
piggery is very lucrative, I have bought a female and a male piglet three weeks ago. I think I will just switched to it after selling all my remaining birds.
Cool I'm into it too Started May I have three pregnant female and one male

1 Like

Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by Jaydchukwuemeka(m): 11:33am On Dec 14, 2020
NwadykExcel:
Yo bro,i'll never neglect my education.
I will still get up to a Masters in Mech.E.
And a B.sc in Economics and maybe in Applied Mathematics as well.Though i'm still in 100lvl doing Mech.E.
My main plan and back-up plan all involves me getting an education so if you like be there and be doing "vocational skill" .we'll see how far that really gets you.
Anyone can learn a vocational skill and still be very educated.
People looking towards skill auquisition as a substitute for True Education are shortsighted.

My second. Do not be deterred bro. Follow your heart. Social media will throw shades and try to pull you down but keep your head up. If you are opportune to learn some computer skills you can still do. The future is very bright for you.

1 Like

Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by AududuNine11: 11:43am On Dec 14, 2020
DollarBuddy:

No worry, by the time ASUU takes at least 4 months out of every academic year and you end up spending 7 or even eight years on a 5 year course... plus you graduate and it takes you another one year before you're shortlisted for NYSC.

Then you spend your one year in NYSC and then the main thing begins; JOBHUNTING.

Trust me by then, lots of your friends who opted for tailing, drycleaning, shoemaking, provision store and other "little" businesses would have been settled with their families.

Then (God forbids) you'd still be carrying files upandan looking for a Job. The most annoying and unfortunate thing is; you'd think you're brilliant and would easily land a job, but under your nose, you'd see a 3rd or even q pass graduate picking juicy jobs while you'll be begging to get even the least paying.

See ehn, my dear, its better you go learn a trade o. Some of us have been there before. We know what we are saying.

I graduated with a Comfortable 2nd class upper since 2011. But till date, homeboy still dey street.

The country is damn messed up bro. This is a privileged information you've got here. One from your elder bro. You either run with it and thank me later, or you jettison it and life goes.

Any which way, I wish you All the best!

Aside learning a trade, learn a skill. Soft-skill.
It pays... It has payed many who engage in freelancing and remote jobs.

Skills like programming, content creation, graphics, etc...
Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by Cpo4all: 12:15pm On Dec 14, 2020
So no one is going to talk about Foreign Exchange trading here, It's even a taboo as I noticed in the dos and donts
AududuNine11:

Aside learning a trade, learn a skill. Soft-skill.
It pays... It has payed many who engage in freelancing and remote jobs.

Skills like programming, content creation, graphics, etc...
Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by AududuNine11: 12:35pm On Dec 14, 2020
Cpo4all:
So no one is going to talk about Foreign Exchange trading here, It's even a taboo as I noticed in the dos and donts

Na part of am. But, are you ready to take the risk involved? Na person weh get enough cash to spare and with solid mind dey venture into fx
Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by lordally(m): 12:43pm On Dec 14, 2020
Kwara1stson:
am very much interested in Android development, how can I start from the scratch

Morning...omo Everything you need dey google oo
Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by ashawoKGB: 12:50pm On Dec 14, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
I changed my moniker to m hope you're happy now undecided
Better bro. Never change your gender because of Money
Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by pegix(m): 12:50pm On Dec 14, 2020
NwadykExcel:
And a B.sc in Economics and maybe in Applied Mathematics as well.Though i'm still in 100lvl doing Mech.E.
My main plan and back-up plan all involves me getting an education so if you like be there and be doing "vocational skill" .we'll see how far that really gets you.
People looking towards skill auquisition as a substitute for True Education are shortsighted.
Lols...my guy u are funny o .
Lyf doesn't go dat way o
If u can learn good skills , tryna learn o
Las last make e no shock u....dat firm energy uve got for mech eng , try to distribute it into learning other tinz

Las las we go dey aiit na

2 Likes

Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by jayaim: 1:07pm On Dec 14, 2020
Learn a skill or go.into business. Education is just a guild, it can't make u rich.

1 Like

Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by WoundedLamb: 4:14pm On Dec 14, 2020
Chevrolet076:

Sebi Nwadyeke is looking for academic achievement then go for masters then PhD, I'm on that lane too, that's why I pointed that out about my current academic achievement but it doesn't stop me from looking for plan B, C etc in case everything fails.

From your post, you're saying "... Some people still make it.." why should he put himself among those small number of people with just "fate" when thousand of graduates has the same or even better qualifications than him.
Truth they say is bitter... I'm not in any way trying to put him off track, infact, it's very good he is serious (or shows to be) with his studies. What I said (and others) is just an advice based on our own current experiences. He may chose to follow it or not.

I'm not arguing your points, neither am I invalidating your opinion or disproving your facts. I only pointed out your choice of words and how it can be misinterpreted. I repeat, saying Nigeria will undo him (or to quote, "make him wise up') is being so certain of his future and I'm saying no one has that certainty simply cause many others have succeeded in that same path. The word "will" is used to say what you think will certainly happen and that makes it look more like a curse. I believe I was clear from the onset.
Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by unity004(m): 4:27pm On Dec 14, 2020
Jimmy231:
Cool I'm into it too Started May I have three pregnant female and one male
that's great. wish you all the best
Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by Stan2330(m): 8:53pm On Dec 14, 2020
How lucrative is owning a YouTube channel?
Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by jaymorgan(m): 12:20am On Dec 15, 2020
Forex ✓
Graphics design ✓
Dog breeding (in progress)
Mini importation ✓
Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by MilesLamar(m): 12:22am On Dec 15, 2020
iamadonis2:

I wanted to reply him but I thought to hold my peace.

Until you wrote him. We’ve all been there. Sheybi he’s in 100 lvl? I pray the system doesn’t break him and his spirit.

Still in 100 lvl and he's saying all this?? I pray with you bro.. Nigeria go change things for am last last.
Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by MilesLamar(m): 12:24am On Dec 15, 2020
NwadykExcel:

100 lvl and you are sounding like a motivational speaker?? wow I hope and pray Nigeria no change am for you.

1 Like

Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by OGWILLS123: 11:05pm On Dec 16, 2020
ArticleBeast:
You and the 40 people that liked your post must be stupid
E pain you undecided
See this mumu, which graduate in your family is earning above 200K
Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by OGWILLS123: 11:08pm On Dec 16, 2020
Ekg911:
pls Boss I want to venture in this palm oil business too.. Pls can u teach me sire
Yes sir I can

Just let me know when you are ready

1 Like

Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by OGWILLS123: 11:10pm On Dec 16, 2020
Aboguede:
U will have money
Amen oooh
and you too sir cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by ArticleBeast: 11:47pm On Dec 16, 2020
OGWILLS123:

E pain you undecided

See this mumu, which graduate in your family is earning above 200K
Lol...You call 200k salary. You should start earning in dollars. Maybe it will open your eyes that 200k is chicken change. Btw my last reply. Don't have strength to reply someone that is billed spiritually to die before December 31st. You should ask your father people who you offended. Ask for mercy so it will pass over you. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by hikp: 9:02am On Dec 17, 2020
Educated or not, you have to be innovative/creative.
The only way is entrepreneurship not already made collar jobs.
Re: Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? by sharonstanli(m): 1:33pm On Dec 17, 2020
Business plan on fish farming for sale, dm me if interested

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pupil's Answer When Told To Find X / I Studied In Republic Of Benin.. Can I Obtain My Msc In Nigeria? / A Nairalander Bagged First Class And Best Student Award In Oau Convocation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.