Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,019 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Seun Kuti Accused Of Pulling Gun On Party Attendees, He Replies, Admits To It - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Seun Kuti Accused Of Pulling Gun On Party Attendees, He Replies, Admits To It (48551 Views)

Seun Kuti Accused Of Using Peter Obi And Peter Okoye To Promote His Career (Pix) / Femi Kuti Accused Of Sleeping With Underaged Girls By Solokeysent / Man Begs E-Money For N5000 To Eat On Instagram. He Replies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Pulling Gun On Party Attendees, He Replies, Admits To It by EgunMogaji2: 10:14pm On Dec 13, 2020
Raysleek:

Very good. What you have learnt for 33 years always try to replicate when you come to Nigeria and teach people also to do the right thing. Thats all we ask. Peoples life span in lagos have been reduced due to traffic. Some people have spent 1/3 of their adult life in traffic. Traffic caused by insolence and wickedness. We are tired

I’ll pass. It’s not my job and besides Nigerians are not ready to change.

Most of the political leaders in Nigeria travel to the abroad all the time. A lot of them hold dual citizenship, they schooled abroad. They know the right things to do to lead.

I’m just a simple retiree. I’ve yielded my power to the political leaders via my vote.

Thanks.

PS: if Seun had brandished a weapon in the USA except in a few states that has Castle Doctrine then he’ll be arrested on the spot. He’s the only criminal in the picture. Well, his stooges will be arrested for assault and battery. All the others are just civil infractions.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Pulling Gun On Party Attendees, He Replies, Admits To It by berbs: 10:19pm On Dec 13, 2020
Hmmmm... Interesting.
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Pulling Gun On Party Attendees, He Replies, Admits To It by Raysleek: 10:19pm On Dec 13, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I’ll pass. It’s not my job and besides Nigerians are not ready to change.
Exactly they are not ready to change but we will force them. When someone doesn't listen to words, and calls bouncers to fight the person that is correcting them. Since seun doesn't have muscles, he has a gun.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Pulling Gun On Party Attendees, He Replies, Admits To It by chaloskyx: 10:28pm On Dec 13, 2020
I HAVE MADE MONEY BUT RATHER THAN INVESTING IT IN HAVING A GUN IN A COUNTRY WHICH HAS NO FUTURE I HAVE INVESTED MY MONEY IN GETTING OUT OF THE COUNTRY WHICH I HAVE SUCCESSFULLY DONE.
Donspicey:

Funny you......

You know how many niggars wey get licenced gun for naija

Well na wetin media show u you go see......

Make money nd get ur licenced gun bro.....

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Pulling Gun On Party Attendees, He Replies, Admits To It by hardbody: 11:27pm On Dec 13, 2020
Originalsly:
Hmmm.... he had no concern for his neighbours.... all of this because his entrance was blocked by his guests. Then how should the neighbours react when their entrances were blocked by his guests? He knew his guests were not coming with keke... but he made no arrangements for parking. Tout for life.

Are you reading the back of your screen?

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Pulling Gun On Party Attendees, He Replies, Admits To It by Originalsly: 11:41pm On Dec 13, 2020
hardbody:

Are you reading the back of your screen?

grin .....I guess so!...one guy already jacked me up! I got it wrong.... will modify a bit later!
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Pulling Gun On Party Attendees, He Replies, Admits To It by koolaid87: 4:18am On Dec 14, 2020
Fvck DNA

Na your Papa born you

Ghetcolony folks will always be mad at gentrification, that's why people need to respect the dwellers by being considerate

Nice one Seun

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Pulling Gun On Party Attendees, He Replies, Admits To It by sweetrace(f): 4:31am On Dec 14, 2020
BlueRayDick:
Nigerians just like to be allowed to live lawlessly. Imagine u site an event centre in a residential area, throwing parties with blaring music as early as 9am and blocking the entrance to people's house with Ur cars.If i was Seun, I would be mad too.

Imagine the bouncer even threatened his life in his area and promised to go look for him at the shrine. It is understandable he had to take the threat up almost immediately. No need to wait for the guy to carry out his threat.

Pulling out a gun is not living lawlessly? Imagine if all of us carried guns? You step on my toes and I pull out my gun. You see my gun and you pull out yours. Instead of simply going our separate ways, we end up shooting each other. Or someone is angry with the world, and he goes on a killing spree.
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Pulling Gun On Party Attendees, He Replies, Admits To It by BlueRayDick: 5:10am On Dec 14, 2020
sweetrace:

Pulling out a gun is not living lawlessly? Imagine if all of us carried guns? You step on my toes and I pull out my gun. You see my gun and you pull out yours. Instead of simply going our separate ways, we end up shooting each other. Or someone is angry with the world, and he goes on a killing spree.

You see, the problem here is that u are focusing on the immediate cause and not the really bothered about the remote cause of Seun's action; Its understandable tho cos he's being seen as a son of a freedom fighter....blah blah...black sheep.

1. I watched the full video and I don't miss the part where he said the guy threatened his life. Trust me, if a stranger who I don't know from Adam comes into my neighbourhood and after misbehaving starts telling me he knows my work place, calls my full name and says he's going to "treat my 4ck".....Honestly I won't sit down there and hope and pray he doesn't carry out his threats; I will make it almost impossible to do it right there.

2. Nigeria is a jungle where people's lives have been threatened in like manner and they ended up going missing or dead like their assailants promised. You mentioned stepping on someone's toe and the person pulling out a gun; well the guy did more than stepping on toes but that guy right there almost stepped on someone's life.

3. I know u probably think he should've called the police, get the guy arrested...blah blah.....like I said, Nigeria is a jungle. The owner of the popular Whitehouse restaurant in yaba was robbed and his Atm + pín was taken away, he reported at the police station in the morning of the next day. Surprisingly the same robbers showed at his residence the second night and shot him dead for daring to go the police station to report them. Till date nothing has been done and no investigation carried out to know how the thieves got that info and came back to kill him. Naija is a jungle.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Pulling Gun On Party Attendees, He Replies, Admits To It by EdmundDantes(m): 5:35am On Dec 14, 2020
poseidon12:

Which gun license are you talking about? In Nigeria?. Yeah right.

Yes and I have attested for a friend who was granted the license.
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Pulling Gun On Party Attendees, He Replies, Admits To It by friendl: 5:54am On Dec 14, 2020
Everybody have a way of expressing themselves ,....l have always been a great fan of kuti's family ...l can imagine how you feel but bringing out a gun is not the way ,.....
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Pulling Gun On Party Attendees, He Replies, Admits To It by lagosrd: 6:10am On Dec 14, 2020
Kobicove:
He act of pulling a gun is not justified but it's very annoying when party goers park indiscriminately and block the gates of residents especially when they know the street is narrow angry

We have note stupid people now in Nigeria. They want you to like their stupidity and love them with it. Even if their stupidity has caused damage.

Home parties should be given conditions in Nigeria. No night party and indiscriminate parking. Even some are as f**lish as blocking the vehicular access and pedestal access into you own property and when you complain Thai will not utter a sorry . my question is when did a plate of rice takes the sensibilities of people away.

The so called party organizers are so so insensitive that they don't care about the volume of noise they produce from their music . its so annoying that you may feel , what more you can do to dislodge all of them.

Let them make sure of halls that have enough parking spaces and sound proof and stop stupidity and provocations. Worst are those untrained bouncers who have abrogated the powers of a police office to themselves.

That Journalist that reported this is very unprofessional and bias. I was once a Vitim of the rubbish . I has to wait for almost one hour before the guy came DOS his car and couldn't even say a sorry.
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Pulling Gun On Party Attendees, He Replies, Admits To It by seunoj: 6:58am On Dec 14, 2020
moshino:

Obviously you have not been to, nor lived in the 'Yankee' you keep mentioning. If you park in the wrong place in 'Yankee', they will ticket your car, and you can pay a fine of about $30 or less, or you can go and argue/fight the ticket in court, they do not deport you for that, neither do they shoot at you, nor send thugs to abuse you for that. The criminal is the person who pulled out a gun just for parking dispute, he wouldn't have tried that in 'Yankee'. But I don't expect you to understand this because you're just an ignoramus.

Leave Yankee matter. If u want to compare yankee, do it end to end.
This is Lagos.
Remote causes of seun's action is key.
Even churches don't make noise to disturb pple and Approval to site center can't be given without provision of support infrastructure and calculations on the capacity it can take.

So if a supposed investor fit do anyhow to mount event center without consideration to occupants and provision of support facilities in a residential area, our reactions too will be without consideration since police is on technical strike.

I don't support violence but let's understand the remote causes of the issues. We are not normal in this part of the world so yankee comparism is not appropriate.
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Pulling Gun On Party Attendees, He Replies, Admits To It by slimghost(m): 7:13am On Dec 14, 2020
gbolswag:
He should be arrested ....no one is above the law

He has a gun license and pulled it out in self defense. What are you arresting him for?
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Pulling Gun On Party Attendees, He Replies, Admits To It by nini007(m): 7:18am On Dec 14, 2020
Why will you attend a party and block other people's entrance to their homes?

You are the real criminal and thug. He should have shot that your mouth!
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Pulling Gun On Party Attendees, He Replies, Admits To It by lucky4west: 8:19am On Dec 14, 2020
it is to be expected, afterall he is always in the midst of agberos and thugs, always high on igbo and the likes.....
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Pulling Gun On Party Attendees, He Replies, Admits To It by Mryacks: 8:25am On Dec 14, 2020
SolexxBarry:
Getting angry is okay but pulling a gun on unarmed peeps is totally uncalled for and wrong

Agreed. Same thing we don't want to see uniformed men do to innocent citizens.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Pulling Gun On Party Attendees, He Replies, Admits To It by sammy329(m): 8:31am On Dec 14, 2020
ajl:

You are probably stupid and can't reason. Who is the victim and oppressor here? The people who threw a party as early as 9am with loud music and blocking residents access to their houses or a resident who was further threatened by party bouncers. Come to Europe or America and try that nonsense. The party organizer and bouncers will leave with cops in handcuffs, if they survive physically threatening a resident. The fact that most people carry gun put all actors in check. Lawless people. Where is government regulation for what you can or cannot do in a residential area?
Seun Kuti beat people up and pulled out a gun because they blocked his street but the same guy blocked Allen Avenue during Endsars destruction.

He didn't remember then that there could be emergencies as well.

Those who hailed him then are quiet now.
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Pulling Gun On Party Attendees, He Replies, Admits To It by sammy329(m): 8:32am On Dec 14, 2020
nini007:
Why will you attend a party and block other people's entrance to their homes?

You are the real criminal and thug. He should have shot that your mouth!
Seun Kuti beat people up and pulled out a gun because they blocked his street but the same guy blocked Allen Avenue during Endsars destruction.

He didn't remember then that there could be emergencies as well.

Those who hailed him then are quiet now.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Pulling Gun On Party Attendees, He Replies, Admits To It by DAVE5(m): 8:57am On Dec 14, 2020
Raysleek:
If you go yankee, you go get mind park anyhow? Parking indiscriminately is breaking the law, its more than a mere genuine concern.
You block person street causing people hardship and traffic to the express and when you are told, you ask the complainant to lower his voice before talking to you. A person that breaks the law is the real thug. Go and try such nonsense in Yankee whether police no go deport you.

Next time when danfo block you for road to pick him passenger, pull out a gun

Seun kuti is now a law enforcement agent

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Pulling Gun On Party Attendees, He Replies, Admits To It by moshino(m): 9:00am On Dec 14, 2020
seunoj:

Leave Yankee matter. If u want to compare yankee, do it end to end.
This is Lagos.
Remote causes of seun's action is key.
Even churches don't make noise to disturb pple and Approval to site center can't be given without provision of support infrastructure and calculations on the capacity it can take.

So if a supposed investor fit do anyhow to mount event center without consideration to occupants and provision of support facilities in a residential area, our reactions too will be without consideration since police is on technical strike.

I don't support violence but let's understand the remote causes of the issues. We are not normal in this part of the world so yankee comparism is not appropriate.

I have no idea what you're talking about.
I responded to something specific, within a specific context.
Don't just jump into things head first, its foolish.
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Pulling Gun On Party Attendees, He Replies, Admits To It by Raysleek: 9:05am On Dec 14, 2020
DAVE5:

Next time when danfo block you for road to pick him passenger, pull out a gun

Seun kuti is now a law enforcement agent
When danfo block me and I'm trying to get him to move, he calls thugs to intimidate me and my physical strength no reach, I will pull a gun to defend myself grin.
Seun and the residents were trying to correct the defaulters, they ask him to lower his voice before talking to them. They called show organisers that left wherever they were stationed to intimidate innocent people (stuck in traffic and just want to go home ) with big chest and those their metal base ball bats and whips and you say make he no pull gun to defend himself. Party bouncers are now law enforcement agents Let's stop listening to only one sided stories.
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Pulling Gun On Party Attendees, He Replies, Admits To It by DAVE5(m): 9:11am On Dec 14, 2020
Raysleek:

When danfo block me and I'm trying to get him to move, he calls thugs to intimidate me and my physical strength no reach, I will pull a gun to defend myself grin.
Seun and the residents were trying to correct the defaulters, they ask him to lower his voice before talking to them. They called show organisers that left wherever they were stationed to intimidate innocent people (stuck in traffic and just want to go home ) with big chest and those their metal base ball bats and whips and you say make he no pull gun to defend himself. Party bouncers are now law enforcement agents Let's stop listening to only one sided stories.

Ok, i was not there, whichever way two wrongs has never ever made a right

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Pulling Gun On Party Attendees, He Replies, Admits To It by seunoj: 9:53am On Dec 14, 2020
moshino:

I have no idea what you're talking about.
I responded to something specific, within a specific context.
Don't just jump into things head first, its foolish.

I responded to Yankee part. If u don't understand, seek clarification or ignore. It's foolish to act otherwise.
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Pulling Gun On Party Attendees, He Replies, Admits To It by passion007: 10:06am On Dec 14, 2020
I'm confused reading the comments endorsing Fela's actions. Is it still illegal to carry a firearm in Nigeria, or has the law since changed?
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Pulling Gun On Party Attendees, He Replies, Admits To It by Raysleek: 1:03pm On Dec 14, 2020
DAVE5:

Ok, i was not there, whichever way two wrongs has never ever made a right
They just want to ridicule seun cos he supported endsars. They want to turn him to public enemy.
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Pulling Gun On Party Attendees, He Replies, Admits To It by DAVE5(m): 1:53pm On Dec 14, 2020
Raysleek:

They just want to ridicule seun cos he supported endsars. They want to turn him to public enemy.

I liked the idea of him giving a STAN to the endsars project, but after this gun demonstration, I don’t think there’s any hope in this Nigeria, people do shît only when it’s convenient for them and he has proven that, he was busy shouting thugs should make better decisions

We’re nothing but hypocrites in the hand of the creator
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Pulling Gun On Party Attendees, He Replies, Admits To It by sweetrace(f): 3:36pm On Dec 14, 2020
BlueRayDick:

You see, the problem here is that u are focusing on the immediate cause and not the really bothered about the remote cause of Seun's action; Its understandable tho cos he's being seen as a son of a freedom fighter....blah blah...black sheep.

1. I watched the full video and I don't miss the part where he said the guy threatened his life. Trust me, if a stranger who I don't know from Adam comes into my neighbourhood and after misbehaving starts telling me he knows my work place, calls my full name and says he's going to "treat my 4ck".....Honestly I won't sit down there and hope and pray he doesn't carry out his threats; I will make it almost impossible to do it right there.

2. Nigeria is a jungle where people's lives have been threatened in like manner and they ended up going missing or dead like their assailants promised. You mentioned stepping on someone's toe and the person pulling out a gun; well the guy did more than stepping on toes but that guy right there almost stepped on someone's life.

3. I know u probably think he should've called the police, get the guy arrested...blah blah.....like I said, Nigeria is a jungle. The owner of the popular Whitehouse restaurant in yaba was robbed and his Atm + pín was taken away, he reported at the police station in the morning of the next day. Surprisingly the same robbers showed at his residence the second night and shot him dead for daring to go the police station to report them. Till date nothing has been done and no investigation carried out to know how the thieves got that info and came back to kill him. Naija is a jungle.

Okay, but what if we all decide to carry guns? What if the other guy had a gun and threatened Seun too? Nigeria is a sane country. That is why Seun brandishing a gun is shocking. You’re right about the police though. They should be proactive about ensuring people feel safe enough to report to them.
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Pulling Gun On Party Attendees, He Replies, Admits To It by subcbouy: 5:25pm On Dec 14, 2020
Raysleek:

Exactly they are not ready to change but we will force them. When someone doesn't listen to words, and calls bouncers to fight the person that is correcting them. Since seun doesn't have muscles, he has a gun.
Especially those with "small change", and think they have arrived, to intimidate the populace, we will force them to change

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Pulling Gun On Party Attendees, He Replies, Admits To It by subcbouy: 12:26pm On Dec 15, 2020
sammy329:
This is the same person shouting #EndSARS, #Endpolicebrutality. undecided

Too many hypocrites in this country.
The same shout oppression blocking people's passage.
Re: Seun Kuti Accused Of Pulling Gun On Party Attendees, He Replies, Admits To It by DonroxyII: 2:01pm On Jan 02, 2021
Frankice:
Seun Kuti Reacts To Allegations He Pulled A Gun During A Melee Over Parking

space at his area of residence in Ikeja on Saturday, December 12. A journalist made the allegation against him via Twitter

WATCH VIDEO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlTQ0CpNkUE
There is nothing good about Smoking Igbo ... When you are calm , you are damn calm... and if madness set in ... you will over mad ...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Japanese Fela Fan Wrote The Titles Of All His Songs On His Shirt (Photos) / Citation: Temi Otedola Is The New Biggest Actress From Africa – Femi Otedola / E-money Hangs Out At Old English Bar And Grill Owerri - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.