Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

Shame! Can't Make Wire Transfers From Nigeria To The USA - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shame! Can't Make Wire Transfers From Nigeria To The USA (2140 Views)

Safe Wire-transfers: Paypal Funds Multiplier; Multiplier Your Paypal Funds Daily / GT Bank Stops Customers From Withdraws And Transfers From Domiciliary Account / All Banks Ussd Codes For Money Transfers From Mobile Phone In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shame! Can't Make Wire Transfers From Nigeria To The USA by MaryJane24: 2:32pm On Dec 13, 2020
I just realized that all the foreign currency transfer companies do not serve senders from Nigeria to the overseas. What could be the cause of this? I've always been receiving money from abroad but I had no idea I couldn't do it from here unless I go to the bank. Who knows if Nigerian banks will even let somebody send money abroad? I wanted to avoid going straight to the bank because I expect they'll charge exorbitant fees. I want to buy something from a US company that only accepts wire transfers only to find out that companies like Transfer Wise, World Remit, XE, etc. do not transfer from Nigeria to the USA. Any advice for me?

2 Likes

Re: Shame! Can't Make Wire Transfers From Nigeria To The USA by EXOUSIAng: 2:40pm On Dec 13, 2020
What bank are you using. Standard Chartered allows any currency
Re: Shame! Can't Make Wire Transfers From Nigeria To The USA by DelTel(m): 3:41pm On Dec 13, 2020
All commercial banks do wire transfer from Nigeria to any country in the world.
Re: Shame! Can't Make Wire Transfers From Nigeria To The USA by seunoj: 3:59pm On Dec 13, 2020
Used to be restricted but it's open now based on the new fx regulations
Re: Shame! Can't Make Wire Transfers From Nigeria To The USA by MaryJane24: 1:56am On Dec 14, 2020
My point is you can't make online transfers without using your bank directly. I'm talking about forex platforms like transferwise.com and worldremit.com.
EXOUSIAng:
What bank are you using.
Standard Chartered allows any currency
Re: Shame! Can't Make Wire Transfers From Nigeria To The USA by MaryJane24: 1:57am On Dec 14, 2020
Tried using TransferWise, WorldRemit and the others. No show.
seunoj:
Used to be restricted but it's open now based on the new fx regulations
Re: Shame! Can't Make Wire Transfers From Nigeria To The USA by MaryJane24: 1:57am On Dec 14, 2020
Of course they do. But My point is you can't make online transfers without using your bank directly. I'm talking about forex platforms like transferwise.com and worldremit.com.
DelTel:
All commercial banks do wire transfer from Nigeria to any country in the world.
Re: Shame! Can't Make Wire Transfers From Nigeria To The USA by EXOUSIAng: 6:08am On Dec 14, 2020
MaryJane24:
My point is you can't make online transfers without using your bank directly. I'm talking about forex platforms like transferwise.com and worldremit.com.
You weren't very clear bout that initially
Re: Shame! Can't Make Wire Transfers From Nigeria To The USA by DelTel(m): 7:28am On Dec 14, 2020
MaryJane24:
Of course they do. But My point is you can't make online transfers without using your bank directly. I'm talking about forex platforms like transferwise.com and worldremit.com.

MaryJane24:
I just realized that all the foreign currency transfer companies do not serve senders from Nigeria to the overseas. What could be the cause of this? I've always been receiving money from abroad but I had no idea I couldn't do it from here unless I go to the bank. Who knows if Nigerian banks will even let somebody send money abroad? I wanted to avoid going straight to the bank because I expect they'll charge exorbitant fees. I want to buy something from a US company that only accepts wire transfers only to find out that companies like Transfer Wise, World Remit, XE, etc. do not transfer from Nigeria to the USA. Any advice for me?

1. From the bolded, it shows your question/point is ambiguous.
2. Just so you know, those platforms you mentioned are not fully licensed by CBN hence they might not be able to provide such service.
3. Furthermore, all Nigeria commercial banks offer online FX wire transfers (if that's your concern).

On a final note, always ensure to put out your statement, points and/or enquiries clearly.
Re: Shame! Can't Make Wire Transfers From Nigeria To The USA by BarrElChapo(m): 9:57am On Dec 14, 2020
DelTel:

2. Just so you know, those platforms you mentioned are not fully licensed by CBN hence they might not be able to provide such service.
3. Furthermore, all Nigeria commercial banks offer online FX wire transfers (if that's your concern).

On a final note, always ensure to put out your statement, points and/or enquiries clearly.

Sorry sir to digress, just saw your coaster buses for sale post from July are they still available ? It yes where can I come and inspect them
Re: Shame! Can't Make Wire Transfers From Nigeria To The USA by DelTel(m): 10:10am On Dec 14, 2020
BarrElChapo:

Sorry sir to digress, just saw your coaster buses for sale post from July are they still available ? It yes where can I come and inspect them

Yes sir, 6 units still available out of 30 units brought in.

They are all 4 plugs, petrol engine, 30-seats, fully air-conditioned Tokunbo from 2008 to 2010 models.

All parked at Ikeja Lagos.

08188631785 for calls and WhatsApp.
Re: Shame! Can't Make Wire Transfers From Nigeria To The USA by MaryJane24: 12:02pm On Dec 14, 2020
About $150
Latini02:

Some platform do allow depending on the amount involved. How much is involved? Let's start from there.
Re: Shame! Can't Make Wire Transfers From Nigeria To The USA by MaryJane24: 12:21pm On Dec 14, 2020
Thanks for your response. I did go to my bank today and they told me I can't make international wire transfers from a personal bank account to a business account abroad. I guess that's another bottleneck.
DelTel:

Re: Shame! Can't Make Wire Transfers From Nigeria To The USA by MaryJane24: 12:26pm On Dec 14, 2020
Sorry
EXOUSIAng:

You weren't very clear bout that initially
Re: Shame! Can't Make Wire Transfers From Nigeria To The USA by Naviystiles(m): 12:32pm On Dec 14, 2020
fucking C.b.n new policy.. i can receive direct wire to my bank account from us no more. am still finding a way to sort this
Re: Shame! Can't Make Wire Transfers From Nigeria To The USA by MaryJane24: 2:04pm On Dec 14, 2020
That should work but I don't know how we can go about that.
Latini02:

Oh too small. Most platforms starts from $500 and above. Alternatively, what of if i use my GTB dollar business account to do it for you, will you be okay with that?
Re: Shame! Can't Make Wire Transfers From Nigeria To The USA by MaryJane24: 2:06pm On Dec 14, 2020
Why not? You should be able to receive direct wire transfers to your bank account in Nigeria.
Naviystiles:
fucking C.b.n new policy.. i can receive direct wire to my bank account from us no more. am still finding a way to sort this
Re: Shame! Can't Make Wire Transfers From Nigeria To The USA by Whois(m): 3:19pm On Dec 14, 2020
And vise versa

1 Like

Re: Shame! Can't Make Wire Transfers From Nigeria To The USA by Naviystiles(m): 3:27pm On Dec 14, 2020
MaryJane24:
Why not? You should be able to receive direct wire transfers to your bank account in Nigeria.
well not anymore via worldremit
Re: Shame! Can't Make Wire Transfers From Nigeria To The USA by Thesole(m): 3:37pm On Dec 14, 2020
MaryJane24:
see Miss OP, all these is long story, you can wire them the money asap. Beside 150$ is too small for the case of wire transfer. Buy bitcoin let the person you are paying open bitcoin wallet too. Wire payment in bitcoin grin if they not ready let them forget the money grin. That's all case close..even the people making payments From abroad to nigeria uses bitcoin payment method
I can help you out on how to make bitcoin payment cool
Re: Shame! Can't Make Wire Transfers From Nigeria To The USA by MaryJane24: 3:43pm On Dec 14, 2020
TransferWise still works. Received money with it just recently. You just can't send from here, that's the problem.
Naviystiles:
well not anymore via worldremit
Re: Shame! Can't Make Wire Transfers From Nigeria To The USA by MaryJane24: 3:44pm On Dec 14, 2020
Not every business uses bitcoin payment. Besides, if I need to, I can pretty much handle that one myself. Nothing difficult there.
Thesole:
see Miss OP, all these is long story, you can wire them the money asap. Beside 150$ is too small for the case of wire transfer. Buy bitcoin let the person you are paying open bitcoin wallet too. Wire payment in bitcoin grin if they not ready let them forget the money grin. That's all case close..even the people making payments From abroad to nigeria uses bitcoin payment method
I can help you out on how to make bitcoin payment cool
Re: Shame! Can't Make Wire Transfers From Nigeria To The USA by Thesole(m): 4:09pm On Dec 14, 2020
MaryJane24:
Not every business uses bitcoin payment. Besides, if I need to, I can pretty much handle that one myself. Nothing difficult there.
not every WTF.. let them upgrade, Btc is the future currency. u are taking this payment so personal, anyway enjoy the stress
smiley
Re: Shame! Can't Make Wire Transfers From Nigeria To The USA by MaryJane24: 4:23pm On Dec 14, 2020
Well, you won't understand why. Bitcoin is the future? When that time comes. Not today. And for your info. I have a bitcoin wallet already.
Thesole:
not every WTF.. let them upgrade, Btc is the future currency. u are taking this payment so personal, anyway enjoy the stress
smiley
Re: Shame! Can't Make Wire Transfers From Nigeria To The USA by DelTel(m): 4:38pm On Dec 14, 2020
MaryJane24:
Thanks for your response. I did go to my bank today and they told me I can't make international wire transfers from a personal bank account to a business account abroad. I guess that's another bottleneck.

This is not true with all banks, I still transferred from my personal bank account to Copart USA on Friday.

MaryJane24:
About $150

Perhaps the amount is too small though (I am not sure).

Can you get the foreign company to split the $150 in two for you, so you can use your MasterCard and/or Visa bank card to pay online (knowing $100 limit per month per card).
Re: Shame! Can't Make Wire Transfers From Nigeria To The USA by DelTel(m): 4:39pm On Dec 14, 2020
Whois:
The op is right

Your attachment is completely different from what the OP is saying.

1 Like

Re: Shame! Can't Make Wire Transfers From Nigeria To The USA by MaryJane24: 5:05pm On Dec 14, 2020
Thanks. This is a very good idea. Unfortunately, the receiver is rather strict on how they structure their payment system. Anything debit or credit cards are restricted to their US and Canada customers.
DelTel:

This is not true with all banks, I still transferred from my personal bank account to Copart USA on Friday.

Can you get the foreign company to split the $150 in two for you, so you can use your MasterCard and/or Visa bank card to pay online (knowing $100 limit per month per card).
Re: Shame! Can't Make Wire Transfers From Nigeria To The USA by MaryJane24: 5:07pm On Dec 14, 2020
Thanks. This is a very good idea. Unfortunately, the receiver is rather strict on how they structure their payment system. Anything debit or credit cards are restricted to their US and Canada customers. I think you're right about the small wire transfer amount. I'm sure even your bank will decline to transfer $150 from your personal account to a business account in the US. The thing just tire me.
DelTel:

Re: Shame! Can't Make Wire Transfers From Nigeria To The USA by Naviystiles(m): 7:14pm On Dec 14, 2020
MaryJane24:
TransferWise still works. Received money with it just recently. You just can't send from here, that's the problem.
well i still receive money recently via world remit.. but how recently if yesterday i mean.. All they do now is cash pickup

(1) (2) (Reply)

Get ur MTN 1gb 4just #400 and also convert your airtime to cash from us�� / Nigerians React,as Elon Musk Set To Unveil New Hotel On Another Planet. / UBA Africard Where Is My Money? This Is Very Bad Customer Experience!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.