Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? (15235 Views)

N1M Bride Price List Including 10k For Father's Cigarette, 20K Bush Meat, Others / James Ayatse's Daughter, Doofan Ayatse Marries. 1000 Paid As Bride Price / Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by tegafej(m): 1:52pm On Dec 14, 2020
G
Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by Chudivictor(m): 1:55pm On Dec 14, 2020
the mistake most parents do is selling their daughters whilst thinking they are giving her hands in marriage.

1 Like

Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by lekki1444: 1:56pm On Dec 14, 2020
IamD18:
Don't fall in love with a lady you can't pay her bride price.

Stick to ladies from South West, it's cheaper to marry over there.

in the SW people have pride. they dont use their daughter as poverty alleviation scheme lol

5 Likes

Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by Sampozy: 1:58pm On Dec 14, 2020
Cost of bride price can't stop anybody from getting married

Bride price in the east is too much
but still poor people dey marry

Here in the East bride price may be a problem if the father of the girl is no more and maybe she doesn't have a brother who can stand as her father, that's when her wicked kinsmen can spoil everything for her

But if her Father is alive he is the one to decide what to take as bride price. He even decide to take ₦2000.

And moreover no man because of bride price refuse to give her daughter out in marriage

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Dec 14, 2020
Really it's not about the price, but a question if it's really worth it...that said, am of the opinion that marrying outside one's tribe should be highly discouraged, in fact if I had my way I'd ban those kinds of marriages, cultural values are lost as generations marry outside their tribes... Even God was against this practice.
Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by WaterTheMonk(m): 2:09pm On Dec 14, 2020
lekki1444:
yeah the whole idea of bride price is legalized prostitution. the father is the pim-p and the daughter is the hoe. now go get my money bitch. make sure they include 10 cartons of gulder in my money too bitch
really
Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by udemzyudex(m): 2:11pm On Dec 14, 2020
There is always room for negotiation grin
Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by waleademolaa: 2:12pm On Dec 14, 2020
lekki1444:
yeah the whole idea of bride price is legalized prostitution. the father is the pim-p and the daughter is the hoe. now go get my money bitch. make sure they include 10 cartons of gulder in my money too bitch
The gal I plan to marry used to argue with me and I did leave her to argue not until I started paying money to her people in the name of list to marry her, so anytime she just tries to talk I shut her up.. I can't marry u with my money and u come argue with me, who born u? I bought u

1 Like

Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by waleademolaa: 2:12pm On Dec 14, 2020
Chudivictor:
the mistake most parents do is selling their daughters whilst thinking they are giving her hands in marriage.
The gal I plan to marry used to argue with me and I did leave her to argue not until I started paying money to her people in the name of list to marry her, so anytime she just tries to talk I shut her up.. I can't marry u with my money and u come argue with me, who born u? I bought u

1 Like

Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by waleademolaa: 2:13pm On Dec 14, 2020
udemzyudex:
There is always room for negotiation grin
Be like u never marry, even if you have the money is too painful seeing yourself getting scammed of your hard earned money bc u want to marry

1 Like

Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by waleademolaa: 2:15pm On Dec 14, 2020
You won't need to blame men that treat their wives the way they like. Bc they fuckinggg bought themselves a hoe
Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by Truthissupreme: 2:18pm On Dec 14, 2020
paulolee:
the word expensive depends on who is bidding or paying...
a local man may call 100k as too expensive to pay bt a rich man can laugh it off bcoz he payed 10m.
my worri is calling bride price expensive as if its a market situation that we buy and sell....what we selling and buying in marriage??
A man that pays 10M for bride price won't respect the bride let alone her family.

He would see them as hungry urchins and would start looking at his wife as an investment that should yield the amount worth.

Na so so beating dey end such marriage

This is not even about the man been rich or poor.

I can't personally pay for a bride price or list of items that runs into ₦1million even if i am bill gates

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by Khahidmorgan24(m): 2:20pm On Dec 14, 2020
Good marketing strategy for the Western ladies but a lady Dat loves you won't allow u pay high bride price
IamD18:

1 Like

Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by Chudivictor(m): 2:22pm On Dec 14, 2020
waleademolaa:

exactly!! but then, you shouldn't shut her up always nau.... grin grin
funnily enough, that so called list/bridal list can be tweaked in a way whereby the groom won't feel he paid excess or in a way whereby it won't severely affect the groom financially but then, some parents are hell bent on selling their female daughters, the afterwards result is not always pleasant
Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by Charly68: 2:22pm On Dec 14, 2020
Answer to this is subjective depending on your family and tribal tradition...that is why it is advisable to stick to your tribe when you want to marry

1 Like

Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 14, 2020
IamD18:

Please how much does it cost to marry a yoruba women *traditionally* ??
Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 14, 2020
InvertedHammer:

/
There is no such thing as expensive bride price.

It is that dreaded list that's the problem.

/

Yoruba list or hausa list?
Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 14, 2020
lekki1444:

Is that how yorubas do it?
Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by Truthissupreme: 2:28pm On Dec 14, 2020
ichidodo:
Expensive Bride price is that which is paid with extreme bellicose coupled with heavy circumstantial and retrospective prejudice. In some hopeless cases questions like "Why did I come and go and kill myself?" becomes very rife..
so you go hustle legitimately and pay a bride price of ₦5M?

Even senators won't do this, it is about the level of foolishness the bride people think about the groom that warrants such amount.

Parents like this end up been so much possessive to continue the milking

4 Likes

Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 14, 2020
Chudivictor:

Which parents are u talking about?
Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 14, 2020
lekki1444:
in the SW people have pride. they dont use their daughter as poverty alleviation scheme lol

How much does it cost to marry a yoruba woman?
Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by Chudivictor(m): 2:33pm On Dec 14, 2020
Logan23:

Which parents are u talking about?
bride's parent
Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 14, 2020
lekki1444:

https://www.weddingfeferity.com/yoruba-wedding-engagement-list/

Is this true?

Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Dec 14, 2020
Chudivictor:

bride's parent

In yoruba or hausa land?
Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by Chudivictor(m): 2:40pm On Dec 14, 2020
Logan23:

In yoruba or hausa land?
the eastern part of the country
Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Dec 14, 2020
waleademolaa:

Is this true??

Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Dec 14, 2020
Chudivictor:
the eastern part of the country

Seems u grew up in the western part of the country.

Check this

Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Dec 14, 2020
Sampozy:
Cost of bride price can't stop anybody from getting married

Bride price in the east is too much
but still poor people dey marry

Here in the East bride price may be a problem if the father of the girl is no more and maybe she doesn't have a brother who can stand as her father, that's when her wicked kinsmen can spoil everything for her

But if her Father is alive he is the one to decide what to take as bride price. He even decide to take ₦2000.

And moreover no man because of bride price refuse to give her daughter out in marriage

U speak with inexperience.

Bride price in igbo land is not expensive.

Bride price is fixed in igbo land, even if a girls father is dead, her suitors will pay what is agreed as a rule for the village, no relative or so called village uncles can increase it.
Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by WowSweetGuy(m): 2:48pm On Dec 14, 2020
Which price? Most have lost their virginity which is d price...

It's suppose to be free or the woman to pay the man groom price for accepting the pvssy like that

2 Likes

Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by SweetCunt97(f): 2:58pm On Dec 14, 2020
waleademolaa:
You won't need to blame men that treat their wives the way they like. Bc they fuckinggg bought themselves a hoe
And a lady agreed to marry you? Nawa
Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by freeborn02: 3:00pm On Dec 14, 2020
IamD18:

That's why girls in South East will reach menopause and still be single.

Last time I checked, imo ladies were begging men to come and marry them.

1 Like

Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by udemzyudex(m): 3:02pm On Dec 14, 2020
waleademolaa:

Be like u never marry, even if you have the money is too painful seeing yourself getting scammed of your hard earned money bc u want to marry

Dem dey negotiate bride price ooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Imo People, What Is Wrong With Mbaise? / Yorubas Lets Share Our Lineage Praises Here / Refuting The Myth:African Americans Vs Africans(Nigerians) In America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.