Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,361 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? (15266 Views)

N1M Bride Price List Including 10k For Father's Cigarette, 20K Bush Meat, Others / James Ayatse's Daughter, Doofan Ayatse Marries. 1000 Paid As Bride Price / Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by Lucyspa: 10:49am On Dec 15, 2020
pocohantas:

You didn’t lie. I think people who say otherwise about then haven’t lived closely with them. Those women can sell even broom to feed their kids. They can hustle ehn. Their men get away with a lot.

A whole damn lot, poco. I lived among them for years so i know. Thier hustling spirit can be likened to that of an Anambra man. The secondary school I attended was a big one and u will hardly see any yoruba man paying the fees alone. It is always together with the woman and in most cases, the woman even pays more or all of it. In my class then, i could count the number of women that were single mothers, politicians, bank managers and so on. Yoruba men in general were never taught how to cater for their family. Infact, they are the oriaku. Check the number of people complaining about bride price, they are mostly yoruba men because caring and providing for women is such an obscure thing for them. I honestly don't know why they are complaining since it is not a common practice there. 60% of the times, the girl and her family gladly sponsor the wedding. I don't envy yoruba women but i admire their ambitious nature.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Dec 15, 2020
King44:
ko possible, na super market dem wan open?

Are u saying it's not yoruba bride price list?
Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Dec 15, 2020
King44:
Bride price/list in SE is no joke o, I just came back from one omo the prize price was bone crushing... But still affordable sha as long as there is money.

https://www.weddingfeferity.com/yoruba-wedding-engagement-list/
Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 15, 2020
Amotekun777:

Okoro Savage, we value our daughters over money hence, no price can be placed on them UNLIKE you money hungry and blood thirsty Okoro Cannibals angry

Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by Amotekun777: 12:47pm On Dec 15, 2020
Logan23:

After going through the list, the total cost isn't more than N150K (due to the recent inflation) including the bride price. Go take a look at it again. The most expensive is the goat and bag of rice. Compared to our Savage fellows from the SE that demand items worth more than N1M and still request bride price >N1M.

Thieves! angry
Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by King44(m): 1:18pm On Dec 15, 2020
Logan23:

Are u saying it's not yoruba bride price list?
I disagree
Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 15, 2020
King44:
I disagree

Then prove the list wrong, A yoruba person wrote it..Show me the real yoruba wedding list
Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 15, 2020
Amotekun777:

After going through the list, the total cost isn't more than N150K (due to the recent inflation) including the bride price. Go take a look at it again. The most expensive is the goat and bag of rice. Compared to our Savage fellows from the SE that demand items worth more than N1M and still request bride price >N1M.

Thieves! angry

Don't be daft Sir.

Goat - 40k

Rice - 40k

42 dryfish - 21k. (@N500 each).

42 yam - 21k. (@N500 each)

Keg of palmwine 28k

Thats 150k already.

And we still have loads of items there & we never add bride price grin grin.

There is no location in igbo land both in SE, SS or Middle belt that collect 1 million naira as bride price, neither is there any 1 million naira list anywhere.

In my village in Enugu, Bride price is 1 note from whatever amount u bring as a suitor, If a suitor brings N50k, N500 notes, we will take one note and give him back N49,500 & tell him that our daughter is not for sale (THIS IS MAINSTREAM IGBO MARRIAGE TRADITION)

In my village, to fulfil everything necessary to take a woman home costs 10 cartons of beer and 10 kegs of palmwine, since palmwine is too expensive these days, d suitor will be told to bring must 1 keg of palmwine and convert the remaining 9 jars of palmwine to 9 crates of beer.
Then u bring cigarettes or snuff, schnapps, and other little little stuffs and ur wife will be handed over to u that day and u take her home.

Dont be stupid, Don't lay claims on igbo culture that u have 0.00% knowledge of.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by jornwhite: 3:31pm On Dec 15, 2020
Lucyspa:

A whole damn lot, poco. I lived among them for years so i know. Thier hustling spirit can be likened to that of an Anambra man. The secondary school I attended was a big one and u will hardly see any yoruba man paying the fees alone. It is always together with the woman and in most cases, the woman even pays more or all of it. In my class then, i could count the number of women that were single mothers, politicians, bank managers and so on. Yoruba men in general were never taught how to cater for their family. Infact, they are the oriaku. Check the number of people complaining about bride price, they are mostly yoruba men because caring and providing for women is such an obscure thing for them. I honestly don't know why they are complaining since it is not a common practice there. 60% of the times, the girl and her family gladly sponsor the wedding. I don't envy yoruba women but i admire their ambitious nature.

Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by King44(m): 3:57pm On Dec 15, 2020
Logan23:

Then prove the list wrong, A yoruba person wrote it..Show me the real yoruba wedding list
bro I have witness a lot of wedding in my family nobody asked for anything like that. The only thing they might ask that could possibly be much is yam but shey you see that list you posted here is either fake or exaggerated.
Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by LagosAirport: 4:42pm On Dec 15, 2020
Skypeaceconsult:

Pls no name calling.......let's learn . She made her point
Mumu man. That's a "He"
Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Dec 15, 2020
King44:
bro I have witness a lot of wedding in my family nobody asked for anything like that. The only thing they might ask that could possibly be much is yam but shey you see that list you posted here is either fake or exaggerated.

I guess yu do not have the required knowledge as regards yoruba traditional marriage ish
Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by LagosAirport: 9:21am On Dec 25, 2020
Skypeaceconsult:

Pls no name calling.......let's learn . She made her point

It's not name calling

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures From The Final Day Of The Third African Drum Festival, Abeokuta / Emir Of Lafia, Isa Mustapha Is Dead / Imo People, What Is Wrong With Mbaise?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.