Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,662 members, 7,955,397 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:16 AM

What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? (15634 Views)

N1M Bride Price List Including 10k For Father's Cigarette, 20K Bush Meat, Others / James Ayatse's Daughter, Doofan Ayatse Marries. 1000 Paid As Bride Price / Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by xrayj(m): 3:05pm On Dec 14, 2020
ichidodo:
Expensive Bride price is that which is paid with extreme bellicose coupled with heavy circumstantial and retrospective prejudice. In some hopeless cases questions like "Why did I come and go and kill myself?" becomes very rife..
Lol
Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by bejeria101(m): 3:08pm On Dec 14, 2020
Its become a business for certain tribes and puts off certain people that want to settle down for marriage
Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by hollah123: 3:09pm On Dec 14, 2020
kad1gb:
Guys hustle oooo. So 5million won't look expensive to you
this your mindset is what push many to crime
Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 14, 2020
Logan23:

https://www.weddingfeferity.com/yoruba-wedding-engagement-list/

Is this true?

It's not true.... anyone can write stuff online and add a tribes name to it
Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by mariahAngel(f): 3:15pm On Dec 14, 2020
waleademolaa:

The gal I plan to marry used to argue with me and I did leave her to argue not until I started paying money to her people in the name of list to marry her, so anytime she just tries to talk I shut her up.. I can't marry u with my money and u come argue with me, who born u? I bought u

I blame her for choosing to marry a man who does not respect her tribe and their traditions.
Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 14, 2020
waleademolaa:

The gal I plan to marry used to argue with me and I did leave her to argue not until I started paying money to her people in the name of list to marry her, so anytime she just tries to talk I shut her up.. I can't marry u with my money and u come argue with me, who born u? I bought u

This is actually funny tho.... figures why their men are so possessive, as a business person I can relate; like why should I pay the price of a Lamborghini for a Corolla, not that the pussy is tight or waxed, probably dry and reaching retirement age grin am sorry but I ain't paying. To be honest our Yoruba women can be stubborn and stressful but there's always a way with them, I'll manage.
Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by Amotekun777: 3:31pm On Dec 14, 2020
angry
Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by King44(m): 3:33pm On Dec 14, 2020
Skypeaceconsult:
How sure are you that bride price is cheap in South west?

What happens to people in South East or Northern ?

Bride price/list in SE is no joke o, I just came back from one omo the prize price was bone crushing... But still affordable sha as long as there is money.
Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by Amotekun777: 3:34pm On Dec 14, 2020
IamD18:
Don't fall in love with a lady you can't pay her bride price.

Stick to ladies from South West, it's cheaper to marry over there.

Okoro Savage, we value our daughters over money hence, no price can be placed on them UNLIKE you money hungry and blood thirsty Okoro Cannibals angry
Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by King44(m): 3:43pm On Dec 14, 2020
waleademolaa:

Oga ma paro no lie, you are not married. How can you even say you bought your wife? Your wife o... But it is expensive to marry Igbo ladies sha...
Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by King44(m): 3:51pm On Dec 14, 2020
Logan23:

https://www.weddingfeferity.com/yoruba-wedding-engagement-list/

Is this true?
ko possible, na super market dem wan open?
Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Dec 14, 2020
Truthissupreme:
so you go hustle legitimately and pay a bride price of ₦5M?

Even senators won't do this, it is about the level of foolishness the bride people think about the groom that warrants such amount.

Parents like this end up been so much possessive to continue the milking
Well said, You are good observer of human behaviour
Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by Lucyspa: 4:02pm On Dec 14, 2020
lekki1444:
in the SW people have pride. they dont use their daughter as poverty alleviation scheme lol

Odiegwu... Cheap things. Infact, the bride's family can sponsor the wedding. That is why in a lot of yoruba homes, the woman is 70% most times the breadwinner.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by OgaRico(m): 4:05pm On Dec 14, 2020
waleademolaa:

Bros,na punchline be this.."Who born you?,I bought you"
hahahahaha
Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 14, 2020
TheLionofLasigi:

It's not true.... anyone can write stuff online and add a tribes name to it

Then prove the writer wrong.
Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Dec 14, 2020
Lucyspa:

Odiegwu... Cheap things. Infact, the bride's family can sponsor the wedding. That is why in a lot of yoruba homes, the woman is 70% most times the breadwinner.

No it's largely because Yoruba women from the time of moremi are largely independent women who can stand on their own, it's why they cannot be controlled, the unfortunate thing is that strong independent women hardly focus on the financial capability of their spouses, thus they end up with the irresponsible ones the society has to offer, truthfully it's only a Yoruba woman that will be sponsoring one stupid boy's education because of love.

1 Like

Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by Coinbased: 5:34pm On Dec 14, 2020
for real
Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by Lucyspa: 5:49pm On Dec 14, 2020
TheLionofLasigi:

No it's largely because Yoruba women from the time of moremi are largely independent women who can stand on their own, it's why they cannot be controlled, the unfortunate thing is that strong independent women hardly focus on the financial capability of their spouses, thus they end up with the irresponsible ones the society has to offer, truthfully it's only a Yoruba woman that will be sponsoring one stupid boy's education because of love.

I love you for speaking the truth. This is so true. Yoruba women in general have set really low standards for their men, too low if i may add. Yoruba women are the most financially independent women in Nigeria, very educated and highly ambitious compared to their male counterparts. This is why the institution of marriage is in a very huge mess over there because the women do the work of the men and
theirs as well and no society will function properly like that. I love the average yoruba woman's zeal but to be honest, i don't envy them at all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by BigBrother9ja: 6:35pm On Dec 14, 2020
Skypeaceconsult:

Pls no name calling.......let's learn . She made her point
Shut up!
Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by blahc007: 6:50pm On Dec 14, 2020
Mariangeles:

Ihukwa gi ehn....
Onu ojoo egbudila gi!
grin
Mariangeles:

Ihukwa gi ehn....
Onu ojoo egbudila gi!
Nne iwu onye mb5....
Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 14, 2020
Lucyspa:

I love you for speaking the truth. This is so true. Yoruba women in general have set really low standards for their men, too low if i may add. Yoruba women are the most financially independent women in Nigeria, very educated and highly ambitious compared to their male counterparts. This is why the institution of marriage is in a very huge mess over there because the women do the work of the men and
theirs as well and no society will function properly like that. I love the average yoruba woman's zeal but to be honest, i don't envy them at all.

Well things will change hopefully soon enough, on the part of the state, laws should be made and enforced to ensure men pay child support or risk jail term with labour. Yoruba women should receive sense and look towards sensible men among their tribe, cus there are still loads of yoruba women in successful marriages, like I always say; behind every successful Yoruba man is his mother or his wife; A wise man takes an independent woman as a wife.
Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by sow4me(m): 7:32pm On Dec 14, 2020
TheLionofLasigi:
Really it's not about the price, but a question if it's really worth it...that said, am of the opinion that marrying outside one's tribe should be highly discouraged, in fact if I had my way I'd ban those kinds of marriages, cultural values are lost as generations marry outside their tribes... Even God was against this practice.

Thats a valid point right there.

D world now marry from any where. God's law is no longer followed. What to do?

1 Like

Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by iykedare(m): 9:28pm On Dec 14, 2020
Tranquillity360:
No amount is too expensive once you love the girl and can afford the bride price.

Your father should hustle for his money o. Don't stress your sister's suitor
Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by Tranquillity360: 9:34pm On Dec 14, 2020
iykedare:

Your father should hustle for his money o. Don't stress your sister's suitor
No go hustle continue waiting for bride price to be one naira.
Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Dec 14, 2020
Skypeaceconsult:

Pls no name calling.......let's learn . She He made her point

Just a correction angry
Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by Judybash93(m): 1:23am On Dec 15, 2020
Tranquillity360:
No amount is too expensive once you love the girl and can afford the bride price.

Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by farydah: 4:59am On Dec 15, 2020
What you cannot afford is expensive tongue grin
Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by Mariangeles(f): 7:41am On Dec 15, 2020
blahc007:

grin
Nne iwu onye mb5....
grin
Re: What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? by pocohantas(f): 9:20am On Dec 15, 2020
Lucyspa:

You didn’t lie. I think people who say otherwise about then haven’t lived closely with them. Those women can sell even broom to feed their kids. They can hustle ehn. Their men get away with a lot.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Igbira Women, What About Them? / Abubakar Umar, Emir Of Awe Is Dead! / Live Pictures From The African Drum Festival, Abeokuta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.