Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,210 members, 7,815,223 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Is It Permissible For A Muslim To Wish A Christian A Merry Christmas? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is It Permissible For A Muslim To Wish A Christian A Merry Christmas? (3011 Views)

Is It Permissible For Muslims To Live In The Land Of The Kuffar? / Is It Permissible To Eat Pouched Rat (okeete) / Is It Permissible For A Woman To Wear A Makeup When Her Suitor Comes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Permissible For A Muslim To Wish A Christian A Merry Christmas? by Caspar00420(m): 4:45pm On Dec 13, 2020
Assalamu alaikum my brothers and sisters in Islam. Pls is it allowed for a Muslim to wish a Christian merry Christmas and also consume Christmas food?
I understand that there have been a bit of controversy about this topic, but I am not still clear about it help a bro.
Re: Is It Permissible For A Muslim To Wish A Christian A Merry Christmas? by falopey: 6:24pm On Dec 13, 2020
Your mates are leaving Islam. But Na merry Christmas matter dey worry you.
24% of Muslim youths worldwide have left Islam according to research. No dey there dey jonz!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFw9sVDPvnI

4 Likes

Re: Is It Permissible For A Muslim To Wish A Christian A Merry Christmas? by AntiChristian: 9:31pm On Dec 13, 2020
If 24% left Islam then 42% joined Islam.

Fake news carriers!

It is not permissible to wish them merry Christmas or happy new year or happy new month or happy birthday.

Christmas is the celebration of the birth of the Christian's son of God who some believe is God himself.

We believe Allah has no son, wife or partner in his dominion.

Even to pray in Jesus name is Kufr! We pray to Allah and worship Him alone.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Permissible For A Muslim To Wish A Christian A Merry Christmas? by true2god: 12:07pm On Dec 14, 2020
AntiChristian:
But to do solat mentioning the name of mohammed is sunnah. Show me a quranic verse that ask you to always mention the name of mohammed while doing solat.

6 Likes

Re: Is It Permissible For A Muslim To Wish A Christian A Merry Christmas? by AntiChristian: 2:28pm On Dec 14, 2020
true2god:
But to do solat mentioning the name of mohammed is sunnah. Show me a quranic verse that ask you to always mention the name of mohammed while doing solat.

Do we pray in Muhammad's name? We don't pray in his name. We pray only to Allah. And by mentioning the name of the Prophet, we only ask Allah to increase him in blessing!

And this is in line with what Allah says:

Allah sends His Salat (Graces, Honours, Blessings, Mercy, etc.) on the Prophet (Muhammad SAW) and also His angels too (ask Allah to bless and forgive him). O you who believe! Send your Salat on (ask Allah to bless) him (Muhammad SAW), and (you should) greet (salute) him with the Islamic way of greeting (salutation i.e. As­Salamu 'Alaikum).
Qur'an 33:56
Re: Is It Permissible For A Muslim To Wish A Christian A Merry Christmas? by true2god: 2:41pm On Dec 15, 2020
AntiChristian:
Do we pray in Muhammad's name? We don't pray in his name. We pray only to Allah. And by mentioning the name of the Prophet, we only ask Allah to increase him in blessing!

Allah sends His Salat (Graces, Honours, Blessings, Mercy, etc.) on the Prophet (Muhammad SAW) and also His angels too (ask Allah to bless and forgive him). O you who believe! Send your Salat on (ask Allah to bless) him (Muhammad SAW), and (you should) greet (salute) him with the Islamic way of greeting (salutation i.e. As­Salamu 'Alaikum).
Why do you mention Mohammed's name in every of your prayers? Don't you know this is shirk? Allah sent 'prayers' (Yusalluna, in arabic) for mohammed. Why does allah pray (Yusalluna, quran 33:56) for mohammed? Should God pray?

quran 33:56 “innAllaha wa malayikatahu yusalluna 'alan Nabiyi yaa ayyuhal ladhina aamanu sallu 'alayhi wa sallimu taslima. ”

And please dont tell me that the word 'Yusalluna' means grace, honours, blessings, mercy. Yusalluna means prayer.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Permissible For A Muslim To Wish A Christian A Merry Christmas? by ANTIlSLAM(m): 3:22pm On Dec 15, 2020
true2god:
Why do you mention Mohammed's name in every of your prayers? Don't you know this is shirk? Allah sent 'prayers' (Yusalluna, in arabic) for mohammed. Why does allah pray (Yusalluna, quran 33:56) for mohammed? Should God pray?

quran 33:56 “innAllaha wa malayikatahu yusalluna 'alan Nabiyi yaa ayyuhal ladhina aamanu sallu 'alayhi wa sallimu taslima. ”

And please dont tell me that the word 'Yusalluna' means grace, honours, blessings, mercy. Yusalluna means prayer.

Don't mind them, allah and his angels prayed for Muhammad just imagine grin

6 Likes

Re: Is It Permissible For A Muslim To Wish A Christian A Merry Christmas? by ANTIlSLAM(m): 3:52pm On Dec 15, 2020
AntiChristian:

Fake news carriers!

It is not permissible to wish them merry Christmas or happy new year or happy new month or happy birthday.

Are you pained because Christmas is the world most lovely and celebrated festive season? Everywhere decorated, the beauty of atmospheric conditions when Christmas is coming, etc are enough to give you headache about CHRISTMAS

But you do celebrate the NEW YEAR with us, can we say you Muslims and SLAVES OF allah are the most confused element in the world?

AntiChristian:

Christmas is the celebration of the birth of the Christian's son of God who some believe is God himself.

Remember Jesus Christ is your MESSIAH, your god allah failed to give Muhammad this lovely name throughout his life time, so Bros don't give yourself unnecessary headache okay

AntiChristian:

Al-lat, Al-uzza and al-manat who are they to allah? Why is your god allah using WE, US, OUR, etc refering to himself, herself or itself as read from the Quran? Why is your allah praying for Muhammad if truly your allah is the same God of Abraham, Moses, Jacob and Isaac?

AntiChristian:

Why calling and using the name of your dead and late messenger Muhammad during Shahada?

CAN YOU ANSWER THOSE QUESTIONS or as usual, you'll use QUESTION(S) to answer questions?

3 Likes

Re: Is It Permissible For A Muslim To Wish A Christian A Merry Christmas? by AntiChristian: 4:05pm On Dec 15, 2020
true2god:
Why do you mention Mohammed's name in every of your prayers? Don't you know this is shirk?

The word that is said the most during Salah is " Allahu Akbar (Allah is the Greatest)". The only place where Muhammad's name is mentioned is during the Tashahud except if one recites a verse that contains the name.

In the Tashahud we usually recite:

Al-Tahiyyaatu Lillaahi wa’l-salawaatu wa’l-tayyibaat. Al-salaamu ‘alayka ayyuha’l-Nabiyyu wa rahmat-Allaahi wa barakaatuhu. Al-salaamu ‘alaynaa wa ‘ala ‘ibaad-illaah il-saaliheen. Ash-hadu an laa ilaaha ill-Allaah wa ash-hadu anna Muhammadan ‘abduhu wa rasooluh (All compliments, prayers and pure words are due to Allaah. Peace be upon you, O Prophet, and the mercy of Allaah and His blessings. Peace be upon us and upon the righteous slaves of Allaah. I bear witness that there is no god except Allaah and I bear witness that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger).
(al-Bukhaari, 831; Muslim, 402).

Then after that we send blessings upon the Prophet (Salallahu alayhi wasalam) and say:

“Allaahumma salli ‘ala Muhammad wa ‘ala aali Muhammad kama salayta ‘ala Ibraaheem wa ‘ala aali Ibraaheem, innaka hameedun majeed. Allaahumma baarika ‘ala Muhammad wa ‘ala aali Muhammad kama baarakta ‘ala Ibraaheem wa ‘ala aali Ibraaheem, innaka hameedun majeed (O Allaah, send prayers upon Muhammad and upon the family of Muhammad, as You sent prayers upon Ibraaheem and the family of Ibraaheem, You are indeed Worthy of Praise, Full of Glory. O Allaah, bless Muhammad and the family of Muhammad as You blessed Ibraaheem and the family of Ibraaheem, You are indeed Worthy of Praise, Full of Glory).
(al-Bukhaari, 3370; Muslim, 406).

Where is the Shirk?

Allah sent 'prayers' (Yusalluna, in arabic) for mohammed. Why does allah pray (Yusalluna, quran 33:56) for mohammed? Should God pray?

Only Ignorants interpretes the Qur'an this way leaving out the core values being taught in the Qur'an.

And how is all this even related to the thread?

1 Like

Re: Is It Permissible For A Muslim To Wish A Christian A Merry Christmas? by AntiChristian: 4:50pm On Dec 15, 2020
ANTIlSLAM:

Are you pained because Christmas is the world most lovely and celebrated festive season? Everywhere decorated, the beauty of atmospheric conditions when Christmas is coming, etc are enough to give you headache about CHRISTMAS

I am pleased with Allah as my LORD, with Islam as my deen and with Muhammad as my Prophet. The decoration is to celebrate the birthday of your God. It doesn't concern us.

But you do celebrate the NEW YEAR with us, can we say you Muslims and SLAVES OF allah are the most confused element in the world?

We don't celebrate anything with you!

Remember Jesus Christ is your MESSIAH, your god allah failed to give Muhammad this lovely name throughout his life time, so Bros don't give yourself unnecessary headache okay

Yes, Jesus the son of Mary and the slave of Allah is the Messiah for the Children of Israel.

Al-lat, Al-uzza and al-manat who are they to allah? Why is your god allah using WE, US, OUR, etc refering to himself, herself or itself as read from the Quran? Why is your allah praying for Muhammad if truly your allah is the same God of Abraham, Moses, Jacob and Isaac?
They are idols and unrelated to Allah. Allah uses we, us and our to show His majesty as He has said He has no partner, son or wife!
Is there anything wrong if Allah sends blessings on any of His slavea?

Why calling and using the name of your dead and late messenger Muhammad during Shahada?

CAN YOU ANSWER THOSE QUESTIONS or as usual, you'll use QUESTION(S) to answer questions?

Till the world ends we will keep calling the Shahadah cos that is the first pillar of Islam! And Muhammad as well as Jesus and other Prophets are dead to this world!

1 Like

Re: Is It Permissible For A Muslim To Wish A Christian A Merry Christmas? by OfficialAPCNig: 5:03pm On Dec 15, 2020
My comment is my signature
Re: Is It Permissible For A Muslim To Wish A Christian A Merry Christmas? by advocatejare(m): 6:37pm On Dec 15, 2020
AntiChristian:

Fake news carriers!

Says someone who prays saying " lola anobi Muhammad " grin

3 Likes

Re: Is It Permissible For A Muslim To Wish A Christian A Merry Christmas? by advocatejare(m): 6:40pm On Dec 15, 2020
AntiChristian:

Liar, salat does not mean grace, honor, blessings or mercy. Salat means prayer.

Allah prays for Muhammad. Who is Allah praying to? That means there is a greater God than Allah who Allah prays to

1 Like

Re: Is It Permissible For A Muslim To Wish A Christian A Merry Christmas? by advocatejare(m): 6:47pm On Dec 15, 2020
AntiChristian:

Fake news carriers!

Muslims are the number one idol worshippers yet they call others idol worshippers.

Ask them why the symbol of Islam is a crescent moon and star. They will will start stammering, it's because they worship the moon god

1 Like

Re: Is It Permissible For A Muslim To Wish A Christian A Merry Christmas? by ANTIlSLAM(m): 8:51pm On Dec 15, 2020
AntiChristian:

I am pleased with Allah as my LORD, with Islam as my deen and with Muhammad as my Prophet. The decoration is to celebrate the birthday of your God. It doesn't concern us.

You're pleased with Muhammad that was poisoned, a late messenger that his god allah couldn't save from the poisonous meat he was served with by one of his concubines, damn sorry ehm

AntiChristian:

We don't celebrate anything with you!

You don't celebrate anything but you just only go to Mosque on the night of 31st December to Usher in the NEW YEAR, continue deceiving and disgracing yourself okay

AntiChristian:

Yes, Jesus the son of Mary and the slave of Allah is the Messiah for the Children of Israel.

Are you saying allah your god made a SILLY MISTAKE as read in Quran 3:45

And when the angels said: 'O Mary! Allah gives
you the glad tidings of a command from Him: his name shall be Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary. He shall be highly honoured in this world and in the Next, and shall be one of those near stationed to Allah.

Your god allah suppose NOT to have used the statement "HIGHLY HONOURED IN THIS WORLD" if truly Jesus Christ was sent only to Israel as you claimed

AntiChristian:

They are idols and unrelated to Allah. Allah uses we, us and our to show His majesty as He has said He has no partner, son or wife!
Is there anything wrong if Allah sends blessings on any of His slavea?

Unrelated to allah but only used "Al" as partners in progress for your god allah.. Which one is Majesty?

So you're in support of allah praying for Muhammad right? Now let me ask you this, since allah is your supreme god, the prayer allah was praying for Muhammad who is Another SUPREME God that will answer the prayer? Are you saying allah has another God?

AntiChristian:

Till the world ends we will keep calling the Shahadah cos that is the first pillar of Islam! And Muhammad as well as Jesus and other Prophets are dead to this world!

And why giving yourself headache if we Christians prayed in the name of Jesus Christ?

Jesus Christ is alive till today, allah already told you this as read from the Quran while Muhammad was abandoned in grave, your god allah couldn't resurrected him. What a shame tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Permissible For A Muslim To Wish A Christian A Merry Christmas? by true2god: 1:22pm On Dec 16, 2020
AntiChristian:
The word that is said the most during Salah is " Allahu Akbar (Allah is the Greatest)". The only place where Muhammad's name is mentioned is during the Tashahud except if one recites a verse that contains the name.
The frequency of which you mention mohammed's name in your prayers is not the issue but for the fact that in all your solat you have to mention the name of mohammed in one way or the other. This is against the concept of Tawhed which muslims falsely claim to strictly adhere to. Muslims are associating partner with allah when mohammed's name needs to be included in your 5 solat and shahada.

AntiChristian:
In the Tashahud we usually recite: Al-Tahiyyaatu Lillaahi wa’l-salawaatu wa’l-tayyibaat. Al-salaamu ‘alayka ayyuha’l-Nabiyyu wa rahmat-Allaahi wa barakaatuhu. Al-salaamu ‘alaynaa wa ‘ala ‘ibaad-illaah il-saaliheen. Ash-hadu an laa ilaaha ill-Allaah wa ash-hadu anna Muhammadan ‘abduhu wa rasooluh (All compliments, prayers and pure words are due to Allaah. Peace be upon you, O Prophet, and the mercy of Allaah and His blessings. Peace be upon us and upon the righteous slaves of Allaah. I bear witness that there is no god except Allaah and I bear witness that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger).
(al-Bukhaari, 831; Muslim, 402).

Then after that we send blessings upon the Prophet (Salallahu alayhi wasalam) and say:

“Allaahumma salli ‘ala Muhammad wa ‘ala aali Muhammad kama salayta ‘ala Ibraaheem wa ‘ala aali Ibraaheem, innaka hameedun majeed. Allaahumma baarika ‘ala Muhammad wa ‘ala aali Muhammad kama baarakta ‘ala Ibraaheem wa ‘ala aali Ibraaheem, innaka hameedun majeed (O Allaah, send prayers upon Muhammad and upon the family of Muhammad, as You sent prayers upon Ibraaheem and the family of Ibraaheem, You are indeed Worthy of Praise, Full of Glory. O Allaah, bless Muhammad and the family of Muhammad as You blessed Ibraaheem and the family of Ibraaheem, You are indeed Worthy of Praise, Full of Glory).
(al-Bukhaari, 3370; Muslim, 406).
It never changed the fact that mohammed is held in a supreme position in islam. Why dont your shahada read: There is no god but allah and moses is his messenger.. This is because islam is all about allah and mohammed.

AntiChristian:
Where is the Shirk?
The shirk is when mohammed placed himself in the same position with allah. Mohammed said and I quote: ...the earth belomgs to allah and his messenger (sahih muslim 4363). If a Christian says 'the earth belongs to the father and his son' will you call it shirk or tawhed?

AntiChristian:
Only Ignorants interpretes the Qur'an this way leaving out the core values being taught in the Qur'an.
Not at all. Quran 33:43 & 33:56 state that Allah did “Yusalli/Yusalluna” which means “Prays/Pray”. Muslims cannot/shouldn't mistranslate their quran to hide/satisfy their bias. The question is 'why did allah pray for mohammed and to whom'? And please dont try to tell me that the word 'Yusalluna' has many meaning. That's a lie!

AntiChristian:
And how is all this even related to the thread?
It might not be related to this thread but many people have learnt one or two new things from this discussion.
Re: Is It Permissible For A Muslim To Wish A Christian A Merry Christmas? by Theguided: 2:40pm On Dec 16, 2020
true2god:

Lol. David wood fan boys teaching muslims Arabic language..
If you really want to understand what you are talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct3WVAzSAvc
Re: Is It Permissible For A Muslim To Wish A Christian A Merry Christmas? by AntiChristian: 2:55pm On Dec 16, 2020
true2god:
The frequency of which you mention mohammed's name in your prayers is not the issue but for the fact that in all your solat you have to mention the name of mohammed in one way or the other. This is against the concept of Tawhed which muslims falsely claim to strictly adhere to. Muslims are associating partner with allah when mohammed's name needs to be included in your 5 solat and shahada.

Abeg what's the concept of Tawheed you are talking about? What type of Tawheed is breached by sending blessings to the Prophet?

It never changed the fact that mohammed is held in a supreme position in islam. Why dont your shahada read: There is no god but allah and moses is his messenger.. This is because islam is all about allah and mohammed.

Assuming we were the people Moses was sent to, that might have been okay for us. Muhammad is the one sent to us just like Moses was sent to his people and the establishment of Pharaoh.

The shirk is when mohammed placed himself in the same position with allah. Mohammed said and I quote: ...the earth belomgs to allah and his messenger (sahih muslim 4363). If a Christian says 'the earth belongs to the father and his son' will you call it shirk or tawhed?

You should have quoted the entire narration for us to get the context, why quote out of context now. "Muhammad is the messenger of Allah" does not put Allah in the same position as His slave Muhammad.

Not at all. Quran 33:43 & 33:56 state that Allah did “Yusalli/Yusalluna” which means “Prays/Pray”. Muslims cannot/shouldn't mistranslate their quran to hide/satisfy their bias. The question is 'why did allah pray for mohammed and to whom'? And please dont try to tell me that the word 'Yusalluna' has many meaning. That's a lie!

Which Qur'an translation translates it like this?

It might not be related to this thread but many people have learnt one or two new things from this discussion.

Just silly misconceptions and lies as usual. Derailing threads is unlawful here but your own Christian is not bound by laws right?

1 Like

Re: Is It Permissible For A Muslim To Wish A Christian A Merry Christmas? by Theguided: 3:16pm On Dec 16, 2020
falopey:
Your mates are leaving Islam. But Na merry Christmas matter dey worry you.
24% of Muslim youths worldwide have left Islam according to research. No dey there dey jonz!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFw9sVDPvnI

Looool. And how many are joining.. David wood die hard fan.

1 Like

Re: Is It Permissible For A Muslim To Wish A Christian A Merry Christmas? by true2god: 3:57pm On Dec 16, 2020
AntiChristian:
Abeg what's the concept of Tawheed you are talking about? What type of Tawheed is breached by sending blessings to the Prophet?
You are still misrepresenting my position concerning quran 33: 56. What I told you earlier is that the word 'yusalluna' doesn't mean 'sending blessing' but 'Prayer'. It is very very intellectually dishonest to mistranslate a word in order to make your belief align with establised theology. If a Yoruba man translate the word 'Adura' (prayer) as 'Blessing' that will be a fraudulent one because that is not what it means. In Quran 33:56 the word 'yusalluna' was fraudulently mistranslated as 'sending blessing'. The concept of Tawheed is breached here because God is not expected to pray for mohammed which he did in the ayah I just give you.

AntiChristian:
Assuming we were the people Moses was sent to, that might have been okay for us. Muhammad is the one sent to us just like Moses was sent to his people and the establishment of Pharaoh.
This analogy is wrong. The shahada could have just read 'There is no god but allah' but adding 'mohammed is his messenger' into the shahada equation makes him a partner with allah. That means my allegiance to Islam must be on a condition that I pay oral allegiance to both allah and mohammed. And remember, the quran is also filled with the word 'allah and his messenger'. This is not one oneness of God sounds but an amalgamation of a smaller god (mohammed) and a bigger god (allah). And please we are not in the time of moses, jesus, mohammed, etc. You are making a very wrong equivalance.

AntiChristian:
You should have quoted the entire narration for us to get the context, why quote out of context now. "Muhammad is the messenger of Allah" does not put Allah in the same position as His slave Muhammad.
I didnt quote out of context the reason I started the quote with dot dot dot (...). For the benefit of doubt let me quote the entire hadith and maybe you can explain it to us.

It has been narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira who said: We were (sitting) in the mosque when the Messenger of Allah ﷺ came to us and said: (Let us) go to the Jews. We went out with him until we came to them. The Messenger of Allah ﷺ stood up and called out to them (saying): O ye assembly of Jews, accept Islam (and) you will be safe. They said: Abu'l-Qasim, you have communicated (God's Message to us). The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: I want this (i. e. you should admit that God's Message has been communicated to you), accept Islam and you would be safe. They said: Abu'l-Qisim, you have communicated (Allah's Message). The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: I want this... - He said to them (the same words) the third time (and on getting the same reply) he added:

You should know that the earth belongs to Allah and His Apostle, and I wish that I should expel you from this land Those of you who have any property with them should sell it, otherwise they should know that the earth belongs to Allah and His Apostle (and they may have to go away leaving everything behind)...(Sahih muslim 19: 4346).

If the earth belongs to allah and mohammed, can we say that mohammed and allah are co-owners of the earth (according to the hadith)? If that's the case, doesnt this violate the concept of Tawheed? If I say the earth belong to Yahweh and Jesus is this blaphemy?

AntiChristian:
Which Qur'an translation translates it like this?
Check my earlier response. Most translators are fraudulent in their rendition of yusalluna.

AntiChristian:
Just silly misconceptions and lies as usual. Derailing threads is unlawful here but your own Christian is not bound by laws right?
I heard you.
Re: Is It Permissible For A Muslim To Wish A Christian A Merry Christmas? by AntiChristian: 4:45pm On Dec 16, 2020
true2god:
You are still misrepresenting my position concerning quran 33: 56. What I told you earlier is that the word 'yusalluna' doesn't mean 'sending blessing' but 'Prayer'. It is very very intellectually dishonest to mistranslate a word in order to make your belief align with establised theology. If a Yoruba man translate the word 'Adura' (prayer) as 'Blessing' that will be a fraudulent one because that is not what it means. In Quran 33:56 the word 'yusalluna' was fraudulently mistranslated as 'sending blessing'. The concept of Tawheed is breached here because God is not expected to pray for mohammed which he did in the ayah I just give you.

There are no words to translate some words in Arabic to Yoruba. Salah is Salah, Sawm is Sawm, etc. Adura is Ad'du'a in Arabic. It can mean Salah or supplication/Invocation!

This analogy is wrong. The shahada could have just read 'There is no god but allah' but adding 'mohammed is his messenger' into the shahada equation makes him a partner with allah. That means my allegiance to Islam must be on a condition that I pay oral allegiance to both allah and mohammed. And remember, the quran is also filled with the word 'allah and his messenger'. This is not one oneness of God sounds but an amalgamation of a smaller god (mohammed) and a bigger god (allah). And please we are not in the time of moses, jesus, mohammed, etc. You are making a very wrong equivalance.

There is nothing wrong with our Shahadah! Muhammad is widely known as a slave of Allah. Anyone who worships Muhammad or associates partners with Allah is no more a Muslim. Yes, Allah is our Lord and Muhammad is His messenger sent to us.

Umar ibn al-Khattab reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Do not exaggerate my praises as the Christians have done with the son of Mary. Verily, I am only a servant, so refer to me as the servant of Allah and his messenger.”
Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 3261

I didnt quote out of context the reason I started the quote with dot dot dot (...). For the benefit of doubt let me quote the entire hadith and maybe you can explain it to us.

It has been narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira who said: We were (sitting) in the mosque when the Messenger of Allah ﷺ came to us and said: (Let us) go to the Jews. We went out with him until we came to them. The Messenger of Allah ﷺ stood up and called out to them (saying): O ye assembly of Jews, accept Islam (and) you will be safe. They said: Abu'l-Qasim, you have communicated (God's Message to us). The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: I want this (i. e. you should admit that God's Message has been communicated to you), accept Islam and you would be safe. They said: Abu'l-Qisim, you have communicated (Allah's Message). The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: I want this... - He said to them (the same words) the third time (and on getting the same reply) he added:

You should know that the earth belongs to Allah and His Apostle, and I wish that I should expel you from this land Those of you who have any property with them should sell it, otherwise they should know that the earth belongs to Allah and His Apostle (and they may have to go away leaving everything behind)...(Sahih muslim 19: 4346).

So how do we translate "the earth belongs to Allah and His apostle" in this context? And what transpired between them before and after this narration?

If the earth belongs to allah and mohammed, can we say that mohammed and allah are co-owners of the earth (according to the hadith)? If that's the case, doesnt this violate the concept of Tawheed? If I say the earth belong to Yahweh and Jesus is this blaphemy?

This is foolish. Everything belongs to Allah as He is the creator. You should find out what transpired in the Hadith and tell us here first.

[/quote]Check my earlier response. Most translators are fraudulent in their rendition of yusalluna.

I heard you.[/quote]

Most translators are fraudulent so where did you get your own translation? The Bible verses we post here are from translated Bible verses in circulation, so why can't you tell us the Qur'an translation you used in this context? And how sound is your Arabic to judge which Qur'an is best in translation?

And even many non-Muslim translations translates as follows:
Verily God and his angels bless the prophet: O true believers, do ye also bless him, and salute him with a respectful salutation.
Quran (33:56) George Sale translation. (Translated in 1734)

Verily, God and His Angels bless the Prophet! Bless ye Him, O Believers, and salute Him with salutations of Peace.
Quran (33:56) John Medows Rodwell translation (Translated in 1861)

God and His angels bless the Prophet. O believers, do you also bless him, and pray him peace.
Quran (33:56) Arthur John berry translation.

1 Like

Re: Is It Permissible For A Muslim To Wish A Christian A Merry Christmas? by AntiChristian: 4:48pm On Dec 16, 2020
advocatejare:

Muslims are the number one idol worshippers yet they call others idol worshippers.

Ask them why the symbol of Islam is a crescent moon and star. They will will start stammering, it's because they worship the moon god

Islam has no symbol. And you'll never find this in any tradition or in the Qur'an!

Just another lie from the Christians.

1 Like

Re: Is It Permissible For A Muslim To Wish A Christian A Merry Christmas? by advocatejare(m): 4:52pm On Dec 16, 2020
AntiChristian:

Islam has no symbol. And you'll never find this in any tradition or in the Qur'an!

Just another lie from the Christians.
Keep lying to yourself. Islam doesn't have symbols yet you have crescent moon and stars on the minarets of your mosques.

And all the Islamic countries have same symbols and evidence of violence (swords) spread of Islam on their flags

1 Like

Re: Is It Permissible For A Muslim To Wish A Christian A Merry Christmas? by AntiChristian: 4:56pm On Dec 16, 2020
advocatejare:

Keep lying to yourself. Islam doesn't have symbols yet you have crescent moon and stars on the minarets of your mosques.

The liar is evident. You worshipers of the cross wanting to put nonsense on us.

Na so so lies! Which verse supports your lie?

1 Like

Re: Is It Permissible For A Muslim To Wish A Christian A Merry Christmas? by advocatejare(m): 5:01pm On Dec 16, 2020
AntiChristian:

The liar is evident. You worshipers of the cross wanting to put nonsense on us.

Na so so lies! Which verse supports your lie?
You're the one worshipping and bowing down to a fallen meteorite, the Blackstone which Muhammad said would atone for your sins

3 Likes

Re: Is It Permissible For A Muslim To Wish A Christian A Merry Christmas? by AntiChristian: 7:56am On Dec 17, 2020
advocatejare:

You're the one worshipping and bowing down to a fallen meteorite, the Blackstone which Muhammad said would atone for your sins

Is the black stone a fallen meteorite? Quote any scientific paper regarding this.

You are a notorious Christian liar.

1 Like

Re: Is It Permissible For A Muslim To Wish A Christian A Merry Christmas? by advocatejare(m): 9:12am On Dec 17, 2020
AntiChristian:

Is the black stone a fallen meteorite? Quote any scientific paper regarding this.

You are a notorious Christian liar.
Didn't Muhammad tell you that kissing and touching the stone will atome for your sins?

Tell us how the Blackstone came into existence.

1 Like

Re: Is It Permissible For A Muslim To Wish A Christian A Merry Christmas? by true2god: 12:11pm On Dec 17, 2020
AntiChristian:
There are no words to translate some words in Arabic to Yoruba. Salah is Salah, Sawm is Sawm, etc. Adura is Ad'du'a in Arabic. It can mean Salah or supplication/Invocation!
This is not what I am saying. If you read my last post I said it will be fraudulent for a Yoruba man to translate the word 'Adura' (Prayer) as 'Blessing' for an english speaker. This is what muslims did in their translation of the word 'yussaluna' in quran 33:56 as 'sending blessing'. It is a fraudulent translation.

AntiChristian:
There is nothing wrong with our Shahadah! Muhammad is widely known as a slave of Allah. Anyone who worships Muhammad or associates partners with Allah is no more a Muslim. Yes, Allah is our Lord and Muhammad is His messenger sent to us.

Umar ibn al-Khattab reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Do not exaggerate my praises as the Christians have done with the son of Mary. Verily, I am only a servant, so refer to me as the servant of Allah and his messenger.”
Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 3261
You dont need to accept that you worship mohammed but your actions and practices prove otherwise. Why dont your shahada read as 'there is no god but allah' full stop. Putting mohammed into the shahada equation is a way of showing dual loyalty to allah and mohammed. Can I say 'there is no god but Yahweh and Jesus in his messenger' as a christian? Remember, you accused Christians of associating partner with God.

AntiChristian:
So how do we translate "the earth belongs to Allah and His apostle" in this context? And what transpired between them before and after this narration? This is foolish. Everything belongs to Allah as He is the creator. You should find out what transpired in the Hadith and tell us here first.
You asked me to provide the full quote of the hadith which I did. I expected you to counter my claim instead of asking me to explain your text to you. The text said ....the earth belong to allah and his messenger. You need to tell us how the earth belongs to both of them and not try to run form my request.

AntiChristian:
And even many non-Muslim translations translates as follows:
Verily God and his angels bless the prophet: O true believers, do ye also bless him, and salute him with a respectful salutation.
Quran (33:56) George Sale translation. (Translated in 1734)

Verily, God and His Angels bless the Prophet! Bless ye Him, O Believers, and salute Him with salutations of Peace.
Quran (33:56) John Medows Rodwell translation (Translated in 1861)

God and His angels bless the Prophet. O believers, do you also bless him, and pray him peace.
Quran (33:56) Arthur John berry translation.
There is no way I can verify all the translation you provided. And again, ascribing a non-islamic name to a quranic translation doesn't mean muslims are not part of the project. Almost all quranic translation is a project but the quran can be attached to the name of the individual who leads the project.

1 Like

Re: Is It Permissible For A Muslim To Wish A Christian A Merry Christmas? by advocatejare(m): 1:00pm On Dec 17, 2020
true2god:
This is not what I am saying. If you read my last post I said it will be fraudulent for a Yoruba man to translate the word 'Adura' (Prayer) as 'Blessing' for an english speaker. This is what muslims did in their translation of the word 'yussaluna' in quran 33:56 as 'sending blessing'. It is a fraudulent translation.

You dont need to accept that you worship mohammed but your actions and practices prove otherwise. Why dont your shahada read as 'there is no god but allah' full stop. Putting mohammed into the shahada equation is a way of showing dual loyalty to allah and mohammed. Can I say 'there is no god but Yahweh and Jesus in his messenger' as a christian? Remember, you accused Christians of associating partner with God.

You asked me to provide the full quote of the hadith which I did. I expected you to counter my claim instead of asking me to explain your text to you. The text said ....the earth belong to allah and his messenger. You need to tell us how the earth belongs to both of them and not try to run form my request.

There is no way I can verify all the translation you provided. And again, ascribing a non-islamic name to a quranic translation doesn't mean muslims are not part of the project. Almost all quranic translation is a project but the quran can be attached to the name of the individual who leads the project.
You're really doing a good job teaching Antichristian and he likes their religion.

There are many ways they've equated Muhammad to Allah even though they try to deny it.

For example, they claim that speaking against Muhammad is blasphemy, but one can only blaspheme against God and not a mere human like Muhammad, so they've indirectly said that Muhammad is their god because they don't call for the head of anyone that insults Allah like they do to anyone that they accuse of blasphemy against Muhammad like the Kano tijjaniya guy.

Also, in the hadith when the Muslims equated Allah's knowledge with muhammad's, Muhammad didnt rebuke them which means that he accepted that he and Allah know best and not that Allah alone knows best.

Narrated Mu`adh bin Jabal:
While I was riding behind the Prophet (ﷺ) and between me and him and between me and him there was only the back of the saddle, he said, "0 Mu`adh!" I replied, "Labbaik, 0 Allah's Messenger (ﷺ), and Sa`daik!" he said, "Do you know what is Allah's right upon his slave?" I said, "Allah and His Apostle know best" He said "Allah's right upon his slaves is that they should worship Him alone and not worship anything else besides Him." Then he proceeded for a while and then said, "O Mu`adh bin Jabal!" I replied, "Labbaik, O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ):, Sa`daik!' He said, "Do you know what is the right of the slaves upon Allah if they do that?" I replied, "Allah and His Apostle know best." He said, "The right of the slaves upon Allah is that He will not punish them (if they do that).
- Sahih al-Bukhari 5967
Re: Is It Permissible For A Muslim To Wish A Christian A Merry Christmas? by true2god: 2:18pm On Dec 17, 2020
advocatejare:

While I was riding behind the Prophet (ﷺ) and between me and him and between me and him there was only the back of the saddle, he said, "0 Mu`adh!" I replied, "Labbaik, 0 Allah's Messenger (ﷺ), and Sa`daik!" he said, "Do you know what is Allah's right upon his slave?" I said, "Allah and His Apostle know best" He said "Allah's right upon his slaves is that they should worship Him alone and not worship anything else besides Him." Then he proceeded for a while and then said, "O Mu`adh bin Jabal!" I replied, "Labbaik, O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ):, Sa`daik!' He said, "Do you know what is the right of the slaves upon Allah if they do that?" I replied, "Allah and His Apostle know best." He said, "The right of the slaves upon Allah is that He will not punish them (if they do that).
- Sahih al-Bukhari 5967
This is so funny for a religion that claims absolute monotheism when mohammed also knows best, the same way allah do. If allah and his messenger know best (instead of allah only), this is associating partner with allah.

Thank you for this hadith.

1 Like

Re: Is It Permissible For A Muslim To Wish A Christian A Merry Christmas? by true2god: 3:33pm On Dec 17, 2020
advocatejare:
You're really doing a good job teaching Antichristian and he likes their religion.

There are many ways they've equated Muhammad to Allah even though they try to deny it.

For example, they claim that speaking against Muhammad is blasphemy, but one can only blaspheme against God and not a mere human like Muhammad, so they've indirectly said that Muhammad is their god because they don't call for the head of anyone that insults Allah like they do to anyone that they accuse of blasphemy against Muhammad like the Kano tijjaniya guy.

Also, in the hadith when the Muslims equated Allah's knowledge with muhammad's, Muhammad didnt rebuke them which means that he accepted that he and Allah know best and not that Allah alone knows best.

- Sahih al-Bukhari 5967
al-Hakim in his Mustadrak, Baihaqi in Dalayl an-Nubuwah, Tabarani in his Kabeer, Abu Na’eem in his Hilya and ibn Asakir in Tarikh Damishq report from Sayyiduna Ameer al-Mu’mineen ‘Umar ibn al-Khattab Farooq al-A’dham (radiyallahu ta`ala anhu) that:

The Prophet of Allah (sallallahu `alayhi wasallam) said: “Allah said: When Adam made the mistake, he asked: O Allah! I ask you for the sake of Muhammad to forgive me. Allah said: O Adam! How do you recognize Muhammad when I have not yet created him? Adam said: O Allah! When you created me and blew into me the spirit, I lifted my head and saw written on the `Arsh ‘La ilaaha illallah Muhammadur rasoolullah’. So, I got to know that you would only join your name with him who is most beloved to you. Allah said: O Adam! You have spoken the truth. Indeed Muhammad is more beloved to me than anything and when you asked me for his sake, I pardoned you. If Muhammad was not in existence, I would not have created you” (Also from Imam Subki in Shifa as-Siqam and Shihab in Naseem)

Source: (Malik's Muwatta' 3.14.56 & 3.14.58)

Link: https://eshaykh.com/hadith/were-it-not-for-you/
Re: Is It Permissible For A Muslim To Wish A Christian A Merry Christmas? by advocatejare(m): 5:49pm On Dec 17, 2020
true2god:
al-Hakim in his Mustadrak, Baihaqi in Dalayl an-Nubuwah, Tabarani in his Kabeer, Abu Na’eem in his Hilya and ibn Asakir in Tarikh Damishq report from Sayyiduna Ameer al-Mu’mineen ‘Umar ibn al-Khattab Farooq al-A’dham (radiyallahu ta`ala anhu) that:

The Prophet of Allah (sallallahu `alayhi wasallam) said: “Allah said: When Adam made the mistake, he asked: O Allah! I ask you for the sake of Muhammad to forgive me. Allah said: O Adam! How do you recognize Muhammad when I have not yet created him? Adam said: O Allah! When you created me and blew into me the spirit, I lifted my head and saw written on the `Arsh ‘La ilaaha illallah Muhammadur rasoolullah’. So, I got to know that you would only join your name with him who is most beloved to you. Allah said: O Adam! You have spoken the truth. Indeed Muhammad is more beloved to me than anything and when you asked me for his sake, I pardoned you. If Muhammad was not in existence, I would not have created you” (Also from Imam Subki in Shifa as-Siqam and Shihab in Naseem)

Source: (Malik's Muwatta' 3.14.56 & 3.14.58)

Link: https://eshaykh.com/hadith/were-it-not-for-you/

Imagine, Muhammad equating himself with God

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rules Guiding The Use Of Sutrah During Salat / Why Are Muslims So Intolerant To Criticism / Virtues Of The Day Of Arafaah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.