Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

Kalu: Going To Prison Has Made Me A Better Person - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kalu: Going To Prison Has Made Me A Better Person (14223 Views)

Governor Ayade Donates N1M To Prison Inmate Who Gave Birth To Twins / I Will Recover Nigeria's Money From Looters, Send Them To Prison - Buhari / Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kalu: Going To Prison Has Made Me A Better Person by agwom(m): 8:47pm On Dec 13, 2020
Former Abia State Governor and Chief Whip of the Senate, Chief Orji Uzor Kalu, has said going to prison has made him a better person.

According to him, the prison experience was an eye-opener and something that revealed many secrets to him.

Kalu spoke in Lagos during a Thanksgiving session at the Love World Incorporated, otherwise known as Christ Embassy, Ikeja where he revealed that his incarceration was prophesied by the General Overseer of the Church, Pastor Chris Oyekhilome.

It would be recalled that Senator Kalu was sentenced to 12 years imprisonment in December 2019 on corruption charges but he was released from Kuje Correctional Centre, Abuja in June 2020 after the Federal High Court in Lagos presided by Justice Muhammed Liman ordered his release, following a Supreme Court judgment nullifying his trial and conviction.

The Supreme Court had, in May, ruled that the trial and judgment delivered in 2019 was null and void and ordered for a fresh trial while Kalu was subsequently released from prison.

Kalu however stressed that his experience in prison helped him to discover many things he never thought could ‘possibly happen in our clime.’

He said: “I am happy that I went to prison. I went to prison and I am out. I am happy because, going to prison has made me a refined, better and more forward looking man.

“I went to prison and discovered many secrets that I never believed that could happen.”

He said as a Catholic, he never believed in prophesy but he was surprised that Pastor Oyakhilome’s prophecy came to pass.

“Pastor Chris told me that I will go to prison but I didn’t believe that can happen. I remember that I visited him; and after praying here in this church, I was about to go to the airport to catch my flight to Abuja. He told me that he has something to tell me, but that unfortunately it is bad news. ‘You will go to prison,’ the pastor said.

“I said it is impossible. Pastor Chris told me that nothing can change it; but added that God will bring me out and that he will keep praying for me,” the former governor narrated.

Kalu explained that he had known Oyakhilome for 28 years, adding that he had on several occasions disagreed with the cleric each time he made predictions concerning him but at the end of the day, the Pastor’s predictions would come to pass.

“When this prophesy came to pass, I didn’t want to give this testimony. I am a chore Catholic and I don’t believe anything prophesy. I didn’t want to give testimony; but because this one concerns me I decided to testify. I think from now, I will begin to agree with his predictions,” the Senate Chief Whip added.
https://dailytrust.com/going-to-prison-has-made-me-a-better-person-kalu

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kalu: Going To Prison Has Made Me A Better Person by Fahdiga1: 9:05pm On Dec 13, 2020
Going to prison has made you a more hardened criminal. you will now upgrade your looting ability from 1. 0 to 5. 0 we are not deceived

93 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kalu: Going To Prison Has Made Me A Better Person by freeborn02: 9:20pm On Dec 13, 2020
Don't worry, dear Kalu. You don't need to be a good person. Just say Sai Baba and APC e-rats will call you a saint.

Those e-thugs love corruption, provided it is perpetrated by their preferred thieves.

The likes of Dasainthope, mannabbgrills, seunmsg, simplyleo, Thatfairguy, NGpatriot and the other ignoble hailers will praise you to high heavens once you join the Sai Baba gang.

Even though seunmsg, Thatfairguy and simplyleo have been used and Dumped by the Fulani north, they will still praise you, dear Kalu.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kalu: Going To Prison Has Made Me A Better Person by smartxyz(m): 9:39pm On Dec 13, 2020
Campaign strategy...Oga FEM for there.....

14 Likes

Re: Kalu: Going To Prison Has Made Me A Better Person by Mokason288(m): 9:39pm On Dec 13, 2020
This man is too desperate

6 Likes

Re: Kalu: Going To Prison Has Made Me A Better Person by Sammy07: 9:39pm On Dec 13, 2020
Lol.

Don't worry sir.
We Nigerians wants you to be a better person, maybe you should spend your lifetime there

12 Likes

Re: Kalu: Going To Prison Has Made Me A Better Person by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:39pm On Dec 13, 2020
shocked

Stupidity will just be looking at this man in disgust

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kalu: Going To Prison Has Made Me A Better Person by olisaEze(m): 9:39pm On Dec 13, 2020
What sort of fvckery is this wan na?

Go back and ask him about this prediction; "that God will soon punish all of you that have joined in looting this nation and it’s people dry!"

"Real soon".

7 Likes

Re: Kalu: Going To Prison Has Made Me A Better Person by Hndrrxxx(m): 9:40pm On Dec 13, 2020
Baba make we hear word about all this your prison upandan, if you wan go prison again your free to go.

The mumu dy try promote Chris or na Adeboye be his name, be like dem dy gather share fund
Werey dey disguise grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kalu: Going To Prison Has Made Me A Better Person by Generalwoodz(m): 9:40pm On Dec 13, 2020
You were never in any prison sir!
You just dey whine us and we seriously Don't like it
You think you are fooling us but na yourself and your brainless followers you dey fool...

We would have taken you more serious if you actually did the 12years wey dey knack you!

But na just 6months you did and you're already saying you are changed? Like Lia Mohammed like Kalu

Nawa for you sir! nawa!

Okay, let's say you have turned a new leaf, let's assume you're now a "saint" like you are claiming now, would You pls return all the yams you stole?

I mean everything you stole since you became a politician, would you do that ?

Sir! We ain't moved at all!

You can never be a Mandela unless you go back and do your complete 12years and return all the money you stole- dollars, nairas, pounds everything! Return them all

6 Likes

Re: Kalu: Going To Prison Has Made Me A Better Person by sammysmiles(m): 9:40pm On Dec 13, 2020
See as the Man Fresh

2 Likes

Re: Kalu: Going To Prison Has Made Me A Better Person by nobodii: 9:40pm On Dec 13, 2020
cheesy
Re: Kalu: Going To Prison Has Made Me A Better Person by AfroBeatDiary: 9:40pm On Dec 13, 2020
Were man

1 Like

Re: Kalu: Going To Prison Has Made Me A Better Person by Chigboboss: 9:40pm On Dec 13, 2020
Fahdiga1:
Going to prison has made you a more hardened criminal. you will now upgrade your looting ability from 1. 0 to 5. 0 we are not deceived

Stop this nonsense. Kalu is our strongest hope in APC.

Since Uche Secondus has decided to be useless to the East and they have turned us into laughing stocks in Nigeria despite Ndigbo support for PDP for 21 years and counting.

In fact he should be summoned for an explanation or we abandon the useless pdp that has done nothing for us and has been taking advantage of our silence.

I hope Kalu is given a chance with this his repentance and remorse. Honestly PDP are embarrassing us angry angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kalu: Going To Prison Has Made Me A Better Person by fdigital(m): 9:40pm On Dec 13, 2020
kalu can you be trusted

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kalu: Going To Prison Has Made Me A Better Person by BruncleZuma: 9:40pm On Dec 13, 2020
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kalu: Going To Prison Has Made Me A Better Person by IamRandy: 9:41pm On Dec 13, 2020
Can you just imagine how these THIEVES indirectly mock us?

KALU OGUN Kill you theregringrin

4 Likes

Re: Kalu: Going To Prison Has Made Me A Better Person by GIANTPLUSHUB: 9:41pm On Dec 13, 2020
Okay naw
Re: Kalu: Going To Prison Has Made Me A Better Person by PqsMike: 9:41pm On Dec 13, 2020
grin grin[center][/center]
Re: Kalu: Going To Prison Has Made Me A Better Person by SilentRiddles: 9:41pm On Dec 13, 2020
You're a "core catholic and you don't believe in prophesies." Is prophesy not in the Bible? Is it not one of the 12 gifts of the Spirit? Are there not prophets in the Bible? Is Jesus Christ not a prophet?

Catholics and their stacks of parallel doctrines completely strange to the Bible and teachings of Christ. Perhaps it's in your catechism - catholic's replacement for the Bible.

Next, they'll tell people (that they won't even allow to read the Bible themselves to see the truth) that catholic is the 'mother church.' Meanwhile, what Christ actually said is 'on this rock will I build my church.' That is, on the confession of Peter that 'Thou art Christ, the Son of the Living God.' He wasn't referring to Peter as the rock. And Peter is not pope. Nothing like pope in the Bible or taught by Christ. Martin Luther discovered the secret and he was labeled a 'Protestant.'

Any wonder corrupt Nigerian politicians - most of them cultists - find it convenient to be Catholics? Why? Easy religion. Definitely not the one laid down by Christ. 'Narrow is the way that lead to life and few there be that find it.'
You don't sin from Sunday to Tuesday and go and confess to a mere mortal - possibly another sinner - on Wednesday! Your business is with God. You confess to Him. He's the only One that forgives sins.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kalu: Going To Prison Has Made Me A Better Person by Chicastle: 9:41pm On Dec 13, 2020
You think you are doing me continue deceiving yourself
Re: Kalu: Going To Prison Has Made Me A Better Person by gabazin080(m): 9:41pm On Dec 13, 2020
sakamanje. believe him at your own peril
Re: Kalu: Going To Prison Has Made Me A Better Person by etrange: 9:41pm On Dec 13, 2020
Lmao... if this was a Nollywood movie, we would have been criticising the script writers for coming up with something that's not realistic/believable. Now see your reality... grin

2 Likes

Re: Kalu: Going To Prison Has Made Me A Better Person by Nobody: 9:41pm On Dec 13, 2020
Re: Kalu: Going To Prison Has Made Me A Better Person by Marvieduke(f): 9:41pm On Dec 13, 2020
As in just like OBJ abi, walahi kalu can't deceive me.

4 Likes

Re: Kalu: Going To Prison Has Made Me A Better Person by Badonasty(m): 9:41pm On Dec 13, 2020
lol....you wey dey presidential suite dey flex

2 Likes

Re: Kalu: Going To Prison Has Made Me A Better Person by osamz007: 9:41pm On Dec 13, 2020
stupid man
Re: Kalu: Going To Prison Has Made Me A Better Person by darichlife: 9:41pm On Dec 13, 2020
Believe Nigerian Politicians at your own peril. This one has not seen anything

2 Likes

Re: Kalu: Going To Prison Has Made Me A Better Person by gabazin080(m): 9:41pm On Dec 13, 2020
fdigital:
Politicians alll this his white wash is because he is vying for the presidential ticket. can he be trusted
who will vote an ex convict

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Galadima Abba Itas Resigns, Dumps Party In Protest For Wike / Fubara: Court Dissolves Parallel PDP Exco In Rivers / Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.