Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,656 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway (31400 Views)

The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running / Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Interior Of The New Trains (Photos) / More Pictures Of The Lagos-Ibadan Railway Construction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by Gamesmart: 6:56am On Dec 14, 2020
sw:
The amount of funds used in setting up d below rail tracks and d coaches not up to 1/4 of what Nigeria spent. Despite that, compare the quality to China refurbished coaches been celebrated.

Naija wake up from your slumber. Stop celebrating mediocrity.

Oya provide the prices of the infrastructure you are posting and contrast it with what Nigeria spent.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by Gamesmart: 7:00am On Dec 14, 2020
parkervero:
E fine but the prices are outrageous.

Which prices are outrageous?

The N3K-6K?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You need to get a visa before you leave this Earth.
Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by leisuretym: 7:00am On Dec 14, 2020
Sammy07:
Wow!

Even tho his nonchalant attitude towards insecurities can't be over looked.

He did well in some areas, and scored F9 in some areas.

Amechi did that, not the cabal..don't mix things up..
Go and check other ministries and ministers under bubu and see how the failed
Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by collab: 7:01am On Dec 14, 2020
Go and check the fare. (Lagos to Ibadan)

thebosstrevor1:
This is nice, after they say Buhari is not working
Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by Sonyboom: 7:09am On Dec 14, 2020
Jetrue3oo:
Yoruba and and northerners dey use south south oil money dey developed their land we are watching
No be the same oyel money dem use de build 2nd Niger Bridge?

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by visionex: 7:12am On Dec 14, 2020
Orubebe01:
commendable but expensive. how can I pay between ₦3000, ₦5000, or ₦6000 from Ibadan to Lagos depending on the class I chose. I thought train is the cheapest means of transportation.
Everything here is upside down abi u never grab
Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by RichAbujaGuy: 7:12am On Dec 14, 2020
Jobs, watch brodas rapping and singing during work. grin

CCECC Holds 'Cloud Open Day' on Lagos-Ibadan Railway Project

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szFy_bBtKfs

CGTN
1.99M subscribers
An open day event was held by the China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCECC), which is affiliated with the China Railway Construction Corporation Limited (CRCC), on July 24 to brief international audiences on the progress of the Lagos-Ibadan Railway project. Themed "Working Together for Connected Future," the event was presented via a vlog and livestream.

Yakubu Adogie, an external liaison officer with the project, introduced it and guided visitors on a virtual tour around the entrance hall and dispatch center of Lagos Railway Station.

Subscribe to us on YouTube: https:///lP12gA
Download our APP on Apple Store (iOS): https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cctvn...
Download our APP on Google Play (Android): https://play.google.com/store/apps/de...

Follow us on:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ChinaGlobalT...
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CGTNOfficial
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cgtn/?hl=zh-cn
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/CGTNOfficial/
Weibo: http://weibo.com/cctvnewsbeijing
Douyin: http://v.douyin.com/aBbmNQ/

check out Sista Bai Yang , the first female locomotive driver at 15:10.

Nigeria's First Female Train Driver As She Gives us a Peep in The Luxurious Lagos/Ibadan Train
https://www..com/talk/topic,469237.msg5652868.html?PageSpeed=noscript

Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by ofwest47(m): 7:15am On Dec 14, 2020
The operations of this railway system should be PPP ie Public Private Practice or else if it is purely government operations the government operations system will collapse in no distance time as it will become workers Private pocket operations practice.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by Nobody: 7:19am On Dec 14, 2020
Fahdiga1:
Photoshopped pictures

Only f00ls doubt proofs- David Oyedepo

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by CoolAmbience(m): 7:19am On Dec 14, 2020
sw:
The amount of funds used in setting up d below rail tracks and d coaches not up to 1/4 of what Nigeria spent. Despite that, compare the quality to China refurbished coaches been celebrated.

There isn't any mediocrity here.

The project is most commendable.

If you say it is overbloated, then some factors must be responsible, including expertise cost, procurement and corruption.

Tell me what was achieved when crude sold for over $120 per barrel?

6 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by CoolAmbience(m): 7:22am On Dec 14, 2020
idealogical:

Den don start, they pluck pictures from the internet and all of a sudden, they are construction and project engineers, project cost and financial analysts..

And if we ask you to state the cost and specifications for our rail projects and your internet picture, you go begin dance and perambulate..

grin grin

Oga, try and leave the hole you are in, and visit the project sites.

Police nor dey arrest people for there....

The project is for real. Don't say what you dont know.
Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by Askme2020(m): 7:22am On Dec 14, 2020
Orubebe01:
commendable but expensive. how can I pay between ₦3000, ₦5000, or ₦6000 from Ibadan to Lagos depending on the class I chose. I thought train is the cheapest means of transportation.

that is the main issue, train are suppose to be the cheapest but this is expensive. 3k minimum to Ibadan na.. it should not be more than 500-750 for the minimum fee.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by Nobody: 7:22am On Dec 14, 2020
sw:
[s]The amount of funds used in setting up d below rail tracks and d coaches not up to 1/4 of what Nigeria spent. Despite that, compare the quality to China refurbished coaches been celebrated.

Naija wake up from your slumber. Stop celebrating mediocrity.[/s]

Stop writing rvbbish, tell us the amount used, now it is not the Buhari is not working, it now that it is expensive.

My regards to your albino coward

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by CoolAmbience(m): 7:23am On Dec 14, 2020
Rossntti:

The trains are NOT 'China refurbished'. They are brand new trains.

Plus...

THAT WAS A LIGHT RAIL SYSTEM YOU POSTED.

Nigeria has something similar called the Abuja Light Rail. The first light rail service in West Africa.

It may not be as fancy as your internet picture, but it's a good start. cool

I don't know why our collective progress hurts some people.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by CoolAmbience(m): 7:27am On Dec 14, 2020
Orubebe01:

You must not board a train. Enter a bus.

You guys complain over everything.

Can't you rationalize that most of the funds used to fast track some of these key projects were borrowed? Dem nor go pay back?

Una wahala eh!!!

Jonathan wey chop $120 per barrel of crude waka go, wetin you do am?

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by omenka(m): 7:27am On Dec 14, 2020
sw:

Can you tell us how much was used to set up the rail system your pictures show? Please we would like to know. You said it is less than 1/4 of what Nigeria used.

I'd like to know how criminal this government is. Please tell us the amount.

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by 27Pushing30: 7:29am On Dec 14, 2020
The pic you posted are TRAMs not trains
sw:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by Horlufemi(m): 7:32am On Dec 14, 2020
sw:

Where have you traveled if I may ask?

Considering the fact that Nigeria is a developing country, you think this is mediocre.

The Nigerian ones are better than some in the UK.

But you can't see anything good anywhere just because it's your country.

You could have told people who run businesses that are not up to standard that they are mediocre. You can tell people who buy tokunbo vehicles that they should buy latest brand new vehicles because tokunbo is mediocre.

You will never see good in anything.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by olujastro: 7:32am On Dec 14, 2020
worworbabe:

Can you explain to us how it operates? I have seen many posts about the Rail line but none has actually explained the operations.

The time they leave Lagos, get to Ibadan or leave Ibadan to Lagos. Do they stop over in Abeokuta and do people board in Abeokuta or disembark there. Where are the stations located?

What time does the train leave Lagos or get to Ibadan and vice versa.

There should be more to news than just showing us pictures all the time.
This answers your questions.
They’re just testing for now with one service from Monday - Friday. Train departs Ibadan for Lagos at 8am and also departs Lagos for Ibadan at 4pm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by Horlufemi(m): 7:36am On Dec 14, 2020
thaoriginator:
Me did born as a disciplined child, society make me act so wild..

Big man don't give me no story.. what about poor people's glory.

Ain't no love di police no show me.

Dem say issa criminal zone this.

Dem wan we pon deathrow.. Watch yuh sef inna di ghetto..

I like this.

Nice

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 14, 2020
Rootprof:
No wonder its 6000 thousand from Lagos to Ibadan trip, this interiors are not meant for the hustling class but the business class. How can average lagosians afford this. I think this would have been better if it's from LAGOS - ABUJA or ABUJA - KANO or LAGOS - RIVERS.
The comfort and service seen on this pictures to be render won't be enjoyed on short trip.

Anyways by fire by force NIGERIA most be great.
It would be too expensive to construct the railway, sticking to airline is the best option
Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by lequama10: 7:40am On Dec 14, 2020
Rossntti:

The trains are NOT 'China refurbished'. They are brand new trains.

Plus...

THAT WAS A LIGHT RAIL SYSTEM YOU POSTED.

Nigeria has something similar called the Abuja Light Rail. The first light rail service in West Africa.

It may not be as fancy as your internet picture, but it's a good start. cool

Make them dey go out, no they won't listen, now he has disgraced his whole generation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by RichAbujaGuy: 7:41am On Dec 14, 2020
CoolAmbience:

I don't know why our collective progress hurts some people.

don't underestimate the power of the colonial master to use naija born agents to keep a tribal war intact. and maybe some british oyimbos also.

we see it here daily in almost every thread. mumus have taken the bait to fight and insult each other incessantly.
Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by lequama10: 7:43am On Dec 14, 2020
omenka:
Can you tell us how much was used to set up the rail system your pictures show? Please we would like to know. You said it is less than 1/4 of what Nigeria used.

I'd like to know how criminal this government is. Please tell us the amount.
no mind am jare, so sure he doesn't know what he's saying, he's just like everyone who passes hearsay all round the internet

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by kay29000(m): 7:44am On Dec 14, 2020
A Nairalander needs to go on a trip on this railline and share his/her experience with us here.
Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by Olatlaccon(m): 7:45am On Dec 14, 2020
sw:

Na small small u don't expect Nigeria government to match up to Luxembourg in 5 years there's difference let's commend them for dis cos their head don dey straight small small...plus this na Luxembourg rail and it's free cos the traffic their government made this available just to ease transportation by road

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by lequama10: 7:45am On Dec 14, 2020
Askme2020:

that is the main issue, train are suppose to be the cheapest but this is expensive. 3k minimum to Ibadan na.. it should not be more than 500-750 for the minimum fee.
lol
Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by Nobody: 7:46am On Dec 14, 2020
sw:

Are you sure?
Can you show me proof, and you need to know that that Lagos railway is not just one one

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by lequama10: 7:49am On Dec 14, 2020
CoolAmbience:

Oga, try and leave the hole you are in, and visit the project sites.

Police nor dey arrest people for there....

The project is for real. Don't say what you dont know.

brother calm down, try to read again maybe you will understand, or better still you just call one of your siblings to read out to you, maybe by then sha as in maybe you come to light what he meant...
Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by OmoManU: 7:53am On Dec 14, 2020
Sammy07:
Wow!

Even tho his nonchalant attitude towards insecurities can't be over looked.

He did well in some areas, and scored F9 in some areas.

this is the most honest something I'm seeing in a very long time, truly he's a failure in many areas especially insecurity and nepotism but in infrastructure development and some other stuffs, he tried. At the end of the day, we may rate their government 39.9% or help them approximate it to 40%

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by chukwuemekacar: 7:53am On Dec 14, 2020
Finally Buhari did something.
Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by AmazingELixir: 8:02am On Dec 14, 2020
lipsrsealed

Afonja and Arewa don see vast toilet...the whole place will soon be littered with all shades of excreta...especially that Agege section

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know / Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant / The Ten Worst Places To Live In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.