Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,083 members, 7,818,240 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway (31402 Views)

The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running / Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Interior Of The New Trains (Photos) / More Pictures Of The Lagos-Ibadan Railway Construction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by parkervero(m): 5:45am On Dec 14, 2020
E fine but the prices are outrageous.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by Keji1012(m): 5:45am On Dec 14, 2020
Sammy07:
Wow!

Even tho his nonchalant attitude towards insecurities can't be over looked.

He did well in some areas, and scored F9 in some areas.

He did well with train fare from lagos to ibadan is between 3-6k?... Lol
Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by Sammy07: 5:49am On Dec 14, 2020
Keji1012:

He did well with train fare from lagos to ibadan is between 3-6k?... Lol

How much is 6k
Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by Olayetan(m): 5:50am On Dec 14, 2020
Sammy07:
Wow!

Even tho his nonchalant attitude towards insecurities can't be over looked.

He did well in some areas, and scored F9 in some areas.
you can't pass all your subjects, just select the Important ones and make sure you do well in them

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by perrydolla(f): 5:53am On Dec 14, 2020
This is good

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by Edusouls(m): 5:54am On Dec 14, 2020
God bless buhari for this, PDP only gave us looting and looting and looting for 16straight years..God punish that party forever,hater should go and swim lagoon..

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by DesChyko: 5:55am On Dec 14, 2020
I saw some of these pictures over a year ago.

2023 is not even close yet and the marketing has started. lipsrsealed
Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by XwhY(m): 5:57am On Dec 14, 2020
Is this not the train that has been breaking down in the bush along the journey
Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by teacherbim(f): 6:05am On Dec 14, 2020
How much from Lsgos to Abeokuta? Do kids pay the same amount if fare?

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by Ibasalin(m): 6:05am On Dec 14, 2020
Orubebe01:
commendable but expensive. how can I pay between ₦3000, ₦5000, or ₦6000 from Ibadan to Lagos depending on the class I chose. I thought train is the cheapest means of transportation.
Yes! is the cheapest in every sane country around the world but not in Nigeria
Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by itsme01: 6:08am On Dec 14, 2020
cool

No wonder it's priced at 3k, the configuration is more of business class coaches

God bless Nigeria

God bless Rotimi Amaechi

God bless President Buhari

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by phobia2002: 6:08am On Dec 14, 2020
Our boys are still missing. Don't divert our attention
Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by winterfell007(m): 6:11am On Dec 14, 2020
Okay that's commendable. When will eastern railway be revived. It seems that are not to benefit from rail modernization...
Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by worworbabe: 6:12am On Dec 14, 2020
[quote author=Rossntti post=97039738]

Can you explain to us how it operates? I have seen many posts about the Rail line but none has actually explained the operations.

The time they leave Lagos, get to Ibadan or leave Ibadan to Lagos. Do they stop over in Abeokuta and do people board in Abeokuta or disembark there. Where are the stations located?

What time does the train leave Lagos or get to Ibadan and vice versa.

There should be more to news than just showing us pictures all the time.

mods lalasticlala mynd44 seun should take note

7 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by heysquare(m): 6:16am On Dec 14, 2020
Orubebe01:
commendable but expensive. how can I pay between ₦3000, ₦5000, or ₦6000 from Ibadan to Lagos depending on the class I chose. I thought train is the cheapest means of transportation.
The price is from #2500 and again train transportation isn't cheap in UK too

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by Mrpojj(m): 6:16am On Dec 14, 2020
udomonday:
at least it is better than what it used to be.even the countries with the best coaches started with locomotives. what we need is steady and sustained progress not stagnation.

They started with locomotive since the 1800's , we are now in 2020 should we still be going back

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by wellmax(m): 6:19am On Dec 14, 2020
sw:
The amount of funds used in setting up d below rail tracks and d coaches not up to 1/4 of what Nigeria spent. Despite that, compare the quality to China refurbished coaches been celebrated.

Naija wake up from your slumber. Stop celebrating mediocrity.

When you want to hate your country, you better do that with facts and figures. How much was used to build those ones? You go just open mouth guuuuaaaaah and spew trash. Mindless children of hate.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by Ironi: 6:21am On Dec 14, 2020
I weep for Africa!

There is nothing , nothing whatsoever to celebrate here because in 5 years none of the trains we see there will be functioning and the shiny stations we see will be completely run-down and looking like a shit station and the rail system will be collapsed and we shall be back to square one.

You don’t need to be steep in any analytics to come to this conclusion !

We just don’t have what it takes to take this shiny stations and trains beyond 5years !

I’m not playing Nostradamus, just a simple observation of the clueless African!

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by NdigboWorldwide: 6:22am On Dec 14, 2020
udomonday:
at least it is better than what it used to be.even the countries with the best coaches started with locomotives. what we need is steady and sustained progress not stagnation.
Best countries start with the on-board system and not coaches.

What he was trying to pass across is the kind of embezzlement that is involved on this current rail system is enough to build a modern rail system. I wish visa are easily granted to Nigerians and I will say you should take a trip to Holland, Japan or even China and see their own rail systems.

Nice try for Nigeria Government on that, but the construction price is out of this world.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by yemex04(m): 6:24am On Dec 14, 2020
Orubebe01:

I think the train for now is carrying about 50/60% of its passenger capacity obviously due Covid19 protocol which would definitely have impact on the pricing.. It might not have been up to tht if it was operating under normal situation.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by kutashi: 6:26am On Dec 14, 2020
Orubebe01:

Just visit the station and check the zone your travel falls in. The least is 2500 and on zone 2 there is 600. Just check it out and confirm.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by Nobody: 6:32am On Dec 14, 2020
cool

Don't forget to participate in our poll

https://www.nairaland.com/6312174/list-top-3-most-disliked
Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by Nobody: 6:32am On Dec 14, 2020
Rossntti:

The line does not stop at Ibadan. That is just the first phase, and it goes all the way to the north. Plus the East-West coastal line is underway after contracts were awarded a few months back.

The national rail masterplan is to connect every single Nigerian state capital by rail, and it Is a 15 year project.
Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by southernbelle(f): 6:36am On Dec 14, 2020
Sammy07:
I hope we will manage it well cos we don't have maintenance culture in Nigeria.

Right! It will look all beautiful at the beginning when everything is still shiny, and becomes very smelly and disgusting a few months down the line. Typical examples are the train stations at Abuja and Kaduna.
Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by olisefom: 6:40am On Dec 14, 2020
Once it is not affordable by the common man, it is a failed project.
Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by shugabasbn: 6:40am On Dec 14, 2020
Great but it's too cost for average Nigeria.

If it's truly means for us Govt should subsides the price
Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by juniorstar(m): 6:47am On Dec 14, 2020
Orubebe01:
Lagos to Ibadan should be between 700 to 2000
Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by kvngmaxy(m): 6:51am On Dec 14, 2020
these are rubbish 1 onions na 50 naira e gud
Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by adekola4258: 6:51am On Dec 14, 2020
Is this not the train that has been breaking down in the bush along the journey
Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by thaoriginator: 6:53am On Dec 14, 2020
Me did born as a disciplined child, society make me act so wild..

Big man don't give me no story.. what about poor people's glory.

Ain't no love di police no show me.

Dem say issa criminal zone this.

Dem wan we pon deathrow.. Watch yuh sef inna di ghetto..

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Ten Worst Places To Live In The World / Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant / Car Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.