Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,167 members, 7,953,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:03 PM

Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway (31902 Views)

The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running / Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Interior Of The New Trains (Photos) / More Pictures Of The Lagos-Ibadan Railway Construction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by porthouse7(f): 8:10am On Dec 14, 2020
sw:
The amount of funds used in setting up d below rail tracks and d coaches not up to 1/4 of what Nigeria spent. Despite that, compare the quality to China refurbished coaches been celebrated.

Naija wake up from your slumber. Stop celebrating mediocrity.
this are monorail
Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by ShoeShineGuy: 8:13am On Dec 14, 2020
Rotfl grin
Rossntti:

Are you sure you yourself are not a photoshopped person?
Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by Sheuns(m): 8:19am On Dec 14, 2020
sw:
The amount of funds used in setting up d below rail tracks and d coaches not up to 1/4 of what Nigeria spent. Despite that, compare the quality to China refurbished coaches been celebrated.

These are trams
Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by Starboytwo(m): 8:32am On Dec 14, 2020
Commendable
Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by Mathiasa(m): 8:38am On Dec 14, 2020
Amechi try for railway no be small
Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by AKWATGOLD1(m): 8:44am On Dec 14, 2020
Looks good but sustainability is issue here because the set of corrupt civil servant the country is breeding now,
Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by TGM2015: 8:45am On Dec 14, 2020
Askme2020:

that is the main issue, train are suppose to be the cheapest but this is expensive. 3k minimum to Ibadan na.. it should not be more than 500-750 for the minimum fee.
You might be right, may be after covid19 season. For now, due to COVID-19 transportation protocol, the train carries less than 50% capacity.

At least, if you are not taking public transport, you would have heard of hiked in transport fares between 100% to 150%.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by Unrated900(m): 8:49am On Dec 14, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
This is nice, after they say Buhari is not working

HE IS working true true

Is this one achievement

Shiorrrr
Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by Nfora: 8:51am On Dec 14, 2020
sw:

Stupidity is when you think we should not celebrate what we now have,but never had for decades,because there are better ones.

Only verified financial evidence could justify your very vague cost comparison.

Moreover you lack knowledge for comparing monorail system with what we have.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 14, 2020
sw:

You're right, China railway won't give Nigerians the best, instead of the FG to patronize from Europe or Japan they're patronizing refurbished from Chinese government. In a short period of time it will stall and they will budget billions for repairs
Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by Nobody: 9:38am On Dec 14, 2020
idealogical:

Den don start, they pluck pictures from the internet and all of a sudden, they are construction and project engineers, project cost and financial analysts..

And if we ask you to state the cost and specifications for our rail projects and your internet picture, you go begin dance and perambulate..

grin grin

Why should he state the cost of the railway project, is he a financial analyst for railway transportation? If you need the cost of the railway go to the ministry of transport you will get the details for that's your civil right to do so.
Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by AdekunleScience: 9:44am On Dec 14, 2020
Jetrue3oo:
Yoruba and and northerners dey use south south oil money dey developed their land we are watching
This is plain ignorance and or propaganda. There is a difference between government revenue and foreign exchange.
The former is derived majorly from Yorubaland as taxes of various kinds; customs duties, import duties, company tax, education tax, entertainment tax, ICT tax etc. The Niger Delta provides the bulk of the latter via crude oil export. Again, Yorubaland comes second in generating foreign exchange via export of cash crops; cocoa, kola nut, etc.
The rational conclusion thus is that revenue/wealth from values created in Yorubaland funds the FG. And exploration of a natural resource from the ND provides foreign exchange for the FG.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by Customtest: 9:53am On Dec 14, 2020
Amaechi is the best minister in the history of nigeria
Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by Sammy07: 9:59am On Dec 14, 2020
Jetrue3oo:
Yoruba and and northerners dey use south south oil money dey developed their land we are watching

Jonathan was also a south south man, remember?
Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by Harfisco(m): 10:00am On Dec 14, 2020
Fahdiga1:
Photoshopped pictures
Who told you that, I live around the area and have seen the fantastic project
Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 10:39am On Dec 14, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
This is nice, after they say Buhari is not working

lol I'm sorry for you
See as dem decive you
I stay In Abeokuta and i proudly tell you what they are showing you is a lie
Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by low2high: 10:57am On Dec 14, 2020
WHICH RAILWAY COME DAY SOUTH SOUTH ?

Jonathan foolish plenty plenty !
Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by Askme2020(m): 11:17am On Dec 14, 2020
TGM2015:

You might be right, may be after covid19 season. For now, due to COVID-19 transportation protocol, the train carries less than 50% capacity.

At least, if you are not taking public transport, you would have heard of hiked in transport fares between 100% to 150%.

you are right but still at that the price to me is high. an average woman that enter bus from agege to Ibadan at #1500. would not be ready to pay #3000 for train. but if the train is way cheaper it will attract more people.
Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by Nobody: 11:27am On Dec 14, 2020
Xclusivedaniel6:

lol I'm sorry for you
See as dem decive you
I stay In Abeokuta and i proudly tell you what they are showing you is a lie

Stop your propaganda...
Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 12:16pm On Dec 14, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

Stop your propaganda...

stfu
Na Abk you dey stay?
I stay In Obantoko
work in Okelewo

I literally love around Abk everyweek
Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by int0x80(m): 12:18pm On Dec 14, 2020
Why is China doing sub standard railway constructions in Nigeria? Look at those rail tracks, they are complete disaster waiting to happen.
Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by Germi9: 12:40pm On Dec 14, 2020
Fancy!!! shiny shiny from china dat wont stand the test of time... rubbish!!! why not contract Russia on rail projects or germany
Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by saintade01(m): 12:43pm On Dec 14, 2020
Ibasalin:
Yes! is the cheapest in every sane country around the world but not in Nigeria

Mention any sane country that has cheaper interstate train services and let's compare

Some of you just come here to open your mouth waaaaa
Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by tobillionaire(m): 12:45pm On Dec 14, 2020
Orubebe01:
commendable but expensive. how can I pay between ₦3000, ₦5000, or ₦6000 from Ibadan to Lagos depending on the class I chose. I thought train is the cheapest means of transportation.
you wan spoil business for road transport workers
Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by Keji1012(m): 12:58pm On Dec 14, 2020
Sammy07:

How much is 6k

I will rather join GIG MOTORS
Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by obailala(m): 1:23pm On Dec 14, 2020
sw:

The picture you put up there looks like a monorail with miniature wagons used for local transport within cities, but you expect it to cost same as intercity standard rail trains?.... How can you expect okada to cost the same as a car?
Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by obailala(m): 1:30pm On Dec 14, 2020
Orubebe01:
commendable but expensive. how can I pay between ₦3000, ₦5000, or ₦6000 from Ibadan to Lagos depending on the class I chose. I thought train is the cheapest means of transportation.
Ibasalin:
Yes! is the cheapest in every sane country around the world but not in Nigeria
For passenger transport, trains aren't cheaper than buses anywhere in the world. Would be interesting if anyone can kindly point out one single developed country in the world where trains are actually cheaper than buses for passenger service.

This particular misconception (that trains are cheaper) seems to be very very widespread amongst Nigerians and I keep wondering where the idea came from... Maybe the idea came from these Bangladeshi trains which the poor hang on to.

Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by Sammy07: 2:14pm On Dec 14, 2020
Keji1012:

I will rather join GIG MOTORS

Well, that's you
Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by Keji1012(m): 2:21pm On Dec 14, 2020
Sammy07:

Well, that's you

Abi nah, when I was young, train used to be the cheapest means of transportation, why the sudden change..?... Think about it
Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by Sammy07: 2:25pm On Dec 14, 2020
Keji1012:

Abi nah, when I was young, train used to be the cheapest means of transportation, why the sudden change..?... Think about it

Bro, even in US and UK.
Train ain't cheap.
Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by COMPAQ(m): 2:34pm On Dec 14, 2020
obailala:

For passenger transport, trains aren't cheaper than buses anywhere in the world. Would be interesting if anyone can kindly point out one single developed country in the world where trains are actually cheaper than buses for passenger service.

This particular misconception (that trains are cheaper) seems to be very very widespread amongst Nigerians and I keep wondering where the idea came from... Maybe the idea came from these Bangladeshi trains which the poor hang on to.

I tire o. I googled train cost vs bus cost in another thread using London to Manchester, Barcelona to Madrid and i think Berlin to Frankfurt and train was more expensive in ALL cases. Train carries more passengers but is equally far more expensive to operate and maintain. Typically for train you are paying for faster journey and more convenience. Agreed the train is still quite slow for now, but after some time the speed will increase. Also, because Lagos -Ibadan is relatively short, you wont appreciate the convivence.

If it had been Lagos - Abuja direct, at N10,000 at 4hours, compared to N5,000 by bus in 10hours (due to bad road) or flying at N80,000, you will definitely take the train.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway by luluosas(m): 2:57pm On Dec 14, 2020
Wonderful

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Air Force Helicopter Crash-lands In Katsina / Rampaging Camels Cause Accident In Jigawa State (Photos) / Arik Air Cancels All Flights Due To Prevailing Fuel Scarcity (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.