Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,487 members, 7,954,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:35 AM

Why Southeast Should Produce Buhari’s Successor’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Southeast Should Produce Buhari’s Successor’ (592 Views)

Why Southeast Is Excluded From Our Interviews — PTDF / 2023: Buba Galadima Reveals Region To Produce Buhari’s Successor / Why Southeast Governors Did Not Attend Party's Rally In Sokoto - PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Southeast Should Produce Buhari’s Successor’ by Nobody: 5:53am On Dec 14, 2020
The Bishop of Maranatha Chapel International Churches, Right Rev’d Olumakinde Alawode, has said the Southeast geo-political zone should be allowed to produce the President in 2023 in the spirit of equity and balance.

The cleric lamented that Leah Sharibu, one of the 110 pupils of Government Girls’ Science and Technical College (GGSTC), Dapchi, Yobe State, kidnapped on February 19, 2018 by Boko Haram insurgents, had not be rescued by the Federal Government.

Five of the schoolgirls died on the same day of their abduction and 104 others were released in March 2018, except Leah, the Christian girl that refused to abandon her faith and convert to Islam.

Alawode made the submission yesterday in a 12-point communiqué he issued to commemorate the 12th anniversary of his consecration and episcopal ordination as a charismatic Pentecostal bishop of the denomination, head at the international headquarters of the church at Abayomi, Iwo Road, Ibadan, the Oyo State capital.

He said: “In less than three years, Nigeria shall go to the polls to elect another President to take over from President Muhammadu Buhari. Nigerians should be politically minded. We should approach the year with political understanding and a collective will to elect leaders that will be creative, revolutionary, courageous and unstained.

“If we are to follow the ethnicity and regional politics we have been playing for long, then the Southeast should produce the next president in the spirit of equation and balance.

“However, what matters most for Nigeria now is to get a leader of the type of Moses that will take the nation from Egypt’s captivity to the Promised Canaan. Nigeria desperately needs a detribalised, religiously unbiased, revolutionary thinking, new school mentality and a technologically-minded leader, whose passion will be to leave a lasting legacy for himself and not personal gains.

“If the Southeast can produce such a candidate, so be it. But if not, I plead with Nigerians to go for progress in 2023 and not political sentiments. We have suffered enough.”

On Leah Sharibu, Alawode said one of the sentiments that gave the incumbent administration the votes of many Nigerians borders on the belief that “they will bring home Leah and the other Chibok girls. What is really happening? My heart bleeds every time I think of Leah Sharibu. I still cannot fathom why Nigeria cannot rescue this girl. I pray for the release of Leah and I am asking our President and Commander-in-Chief to please do the needful.”

The cleric reiterated his calls for restructuring of the nation into regional governments like it was obtainable before the intervention of the military in the Nigerian government.

He said: “I believe in one Nigeria, but a restructured Nigeria. I have been saying this for many years, especially in my yearly communiqué. The current entity called Nigeria in its present operations may not achieve the agitations of the people and the dream of a great nation.

“Nigeria has a great destiny to fulfil. It is time to fashion out our own peculiar system of government that will put into consideration our peculiar socio-political and cultural peculiarities. I am pleading with my voice again for regional form of government. This will allow for healthy competition, grassroots development, human resources awakening, responsive and accountable leadership.”

On national insecurity, Alawode noted that crimes, violence, robbery, banditry, terrorism and so on “are common occurrence globally these days, but I am worried about the five that seem to be capturing our nation and threatening our national security. They are kidnapping, ritual killing, rape, terrorism and cyber-crimes. This pentagon of evil is fast becoming the new name of our dear nation. While I appreciate the efforts of the military and the police and all other security forces, there is still too much loopholes and cause for concern.

“I still don’t understand why a whole nation like Nigeria has not been able to defeat Boko Haram or at least render them powerless. I still don’t understand why even government officials are kidnapped in Nigeria and they have to pay huge ransom to be released, yet kidnappers were never traced. Sincerely, I don’t understand our security again.”
https://thenationonlineng.net/why-southeast-should-produce-buharis-successor/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Southeast Should Produce Buhari’s Successor’ by helinues: 5:55am On Dec 14, 2020
wink

Should be allowed?

Are SE people ready to contest for the 2023 presidency? If yes, under which political party

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Southeast Should Produce Buhari’s Successor’ by islandpeople6: 5:56am On Dec 14, 2020
Easy to say
Re: Why Southeast Should Produce Buhari’s Successor’ by oluwadabira222(m): 5:58am On Dec 14, 2020
Supported igbos should be allow to produce the next president.yoruba has done it before,fulani is doing it and so igbos should be allow in 2023

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Southeast Should Produce Buhari’s Successor’ by LawLab247: 6:08am On Dec 14, 2020
Ok
Re: Why Southeast Should Produce Buhari’s Successor’ by efighter: 6:10am On Dec 14, 2020
The writer is mad
Re: Why Southeast Should Produce Buhari’s Successor’ by Nobody: 6:18am On Dec 14, 2020
helinues:
wink

Should be allowed?

Are SE people ready to contest for the 2023 presidency? If yes, under which political party

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Southeast Should Produce Buhari’s Successor’ by DeltaFire: 6:22am On Dec 14, 2020
We must not go to elections in 2023 under the fraudulent and imposed 1999 Constitution.

All political parties must be compelled to close shop so we can dialog and negotiate.

See www.freedomfromnigeria.com for more information

Key into the MNN Alliance strategy of Constitutional Force Majeure plus Referendum to get Self-Determination and freedom/independence for ethnic nationalities of South and Middle Belt. There is no other self-determination platform but MNN Alliance.

MNN Alliance is the Movement for New/(No) Nigeria that is, an Alliance comprising of Middle Belt Congress (MBC), Ilana Omo Oodua (IOO, meaning "Pathfinder for Descendants of Oodua"wink, and Lower Niger Congress (LNC).

Let's Exit!

Re: Why Southeast Should Produce Buhari’s Successor’ by Nobody: 6:25am On Dec 14, 2020
if I want it, I go get it .....Gucci Mane
Re: Why Southeast Should Produce Buhari’s Successor’ by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 6:28am On Dec 14, 2020
THE IGBOS WILL VOTE MASSIVELY FOR THEIR PDP AS USUAL
GOD BLESS NIGERIA

2 Likes

Re: Why Southeast Should Produce Buhari’s Successor’ by Vistra40: 7:52am On Dec 14, 2020
helinues:
wink

Should be allowed?

Any of the major parties would suffice so long as they play their cards well
Re: Why Southeast Should Produce Buhari’s Successor’ by 7lives: 7:56am On Dec 14, 2020
grin grin grin Yamayama and potorpotor threads just full nairaland theses days,
Re: Why Southeast Should Produce Buhari’s Successor’ by yarimo(m): 7:56am On Dec 14, 2020
No wayyyyyyy
Re: Why Southeast Should Produce Buhari’s Successor’ by itsme01: 8:02am On Dec 14, 2020
Who is stopping Ibos from contesting
Re: Why Southeast Should Produce Buhari’s Successor’ by mrkunlex(m): 9:01am On Dec 14, 2020
This one na confirmed omo ale. Yeebos will be president in their biafr@ud country, no way for them in nigeria.
Re: Why Southeast Should Produce Buhari’s Successor’ by EagleNest(m): 9:10am On Dec 14, 2020
That's the hard truth that causes discomfort amongst some people on NL. Clearly, and in the spirit of equity, let Igbo lead Nigeria for some years and let's see what difference they can bring. It is not fair the way they are being punished for being simply Igbos.

4 Likes

Re: Why Southeast Should Produce Buhari’s Successor’ by kmst1: 9:26am On Dec 14, 2020
Great words

Two things if we are to follow zoning then SEast

If not , then Nigeria is for us all every region should field credible candidates
Re: Why Southeast Should Produce Buhari’s Successor’ by efighter: 9:41am On Dec 14, 2020
oluwadabira222:
Supported igbos should be allow to produce the next president.yoruba has done it before,fulani is doing it and so igbos should be allow in 2023

No way. North-West has produced Buhari and Yar'Adua. South-West has produced the prodigal son Obasanjo. South-South has produced the drunk ineffectual buffoon Gaotluck Jona. I think it should be North-East and North-Central's turn because the South has produced Presidents from two regions while the North produced Presidents from only one region. The remaining two regions of the North should be allowed to produce Presidents too. Since we all want to me crazy, let us me mad together then.
Re: Why Southeast Should Produce Buhari’s Successor’ by ERockson: 9:43am On Dec 14, 2020
So nobody should contest against igbo in all major political parties as if igbo did not contest with Yoruba or Fulani during past elections. Nobody is disallowing anybody, The tribe the man is speaking for is warming up and working seriously to present Atiku for the presidency, so what is some people problem about Igbo presidency they are not ready or lobbying for
Re: Why Southeast Should Produce Buhari’s Successor’ by Minjim: 9:47am On Dec 14, 2020
oluwadabira222:

Were Yorubas allowed to produced their President?

You ppl should go to PDP where you have put all your eggs to make such demand.
You can't reap where you didn't sow.

1 Like

Re: Why Southeast Should Produce Buhari’s Successor’ by Gandollaar(f): 9:50am On Dec 14, 2020
mrkunlex:
This one na confirmed omo ale. Yeebos will be president in their biafr@ud country, no way for them in nigeria.
Real omoluabis ti mo mo, they don't abuse elders no matter what.
But eyin omo Iran ki Iran born with oshogbo weed sperm of nowadays have no iota of omoluabi in them.
Iwo n'tie ti ya iyakuya, no remedy for your case until ti o ba be ale baba e.
Re: Why Southeast Should Produce Buhari’s Successor’ by Minjim: 9:51am On Dec 14, 2020
EagleNest:
That's the hard truth that causes discomfort amongst some people on NL. Clearly, and in the spirit of equity, let Igbo lead Nigeria for some years and let's see what difference they can bring. It is not fair the way they are being punished for being simply Igbos.
The igbos are punishing themselves.
Every time Yorubas try to produce a president the the SE is always against us.
Majority of SE voted against Abiola. The voted Obj instead of Falae, the choice of the Yorubas.

If you want President from APC be ready to accept Okorocha
Re: Why Southeast Should Produce Buhari’s Successor’ by EagleNest(m): 4:40pm On Dec 14, 2020
Minjim:

The igbos are punishing themselves.
Every time Yorubas try to produce a president the the SE is always against us.
Majority of SE voted against Abiola. The voted Obj instead of Falae, the choice of the Yorubas.

If you want President from APC be ready to accept Okorocha

I know you are trying to be mischievous or crack jokes with your last sentence but let's be serious. Nigeria is falling apart because of our unseriousness and weakness in taking bold steps. Igbos supported MKO and OBJ, who are all Yoruba. We rather not lead Nigeria in 2023 if Okorocha is the best of APC from Igbo extraction.

2 Likes

Re: Why Southeast Should Produce Buhari’s Successor’ by orisa37: 5:37pm On Dec 14, 2020
Yes. But not before Restructuring. Infact The SW, SS, CS & THE NORTH ARE READY TO GIVE THE SE PRESIDENCY FOR LIFE AFTER RESTRUCTURING.
Re: Why Southeast Should Produce Buhari’s Successor’ by kmst1: 5:41pm On Dec 14, 2020
orisa37:
Yes. But not before Restructuring. Infact The SW, SS, CS & THE NORTH ARE READY TO GIVE THE SE PRESIDENCY FOR LIFE AFTER RESTRUCTURING.

With the way this Government and APC keeps downplaying this restructuring thing
I think we the masses are just dreaming
Bubu would have started something atleast if they are willing to restructure
Re: Why Southeast Should Produce Buhari’s Successor’ by orisa37: 6:23pm On Dec 14, 2020
kmst1:

You seem to be BUBUPHOBIC. BUBU doesn't know nothing besides Miyetti Allah FULANI HERDSMEN TERRORISM.
Re: Why Southeast Should Produce Buhari’s Successor’ by orisa37: 6:27pm On Dec 14, 2020
kmst1:

You seem to be BUBUPHOBIC. BUBU doesn't know nothing besides Miyetti Allah FULANI HERDSMEN TERRORISM.

We have Experts Silicon valley Trainees that are ready to diffuse the British EXPERIMENT soon.
Re: Why Southeast Should Produce Buhari’s Successor’ by orisa37: 6:29pm On Dec 14, 2020
kmst1:

We have Experts, Silicon valley Trainees, that are ready to diffuse the British EXPERIMENT soon.

1 Like

Re: Why Southeast Should Produce Buhari’s Successor’ by kmst1: 6:29pm On Dec 14, 2020
orisa37:

We have Experts Silicon valley Trainees that are ready to diffuse the British EXPERIMENT soon.

grin

(1) (Reply)

Kaduna Orders Closure Of Event Centres, Night Clubs / Download NIN Application Form / Hundreds Of PDP Decampees Join APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.