Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Oni Was A Chief Priest - Culture (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oni Was A Chief Priest (23694 Views)

Students Who Killed Our Sacred Python Are In Grave Danger – Owerri Chief Priest / Chinese Man, Mike Zhang Crowned A Chief In Kano, Nigerians React (video) / Man Undergoes Spiritual Cleansing In A River To Become A Chief In Bayelsa.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Nobody: 4:08pm On Dec 30, 2020
Average yoruba, how about you say thank you to Benin empire ?
Where is your gratitude ?
Stop being a liar and an ungrateful sob.

1 Like

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by TAO11(f): 4:23pm On Dec 30, 2020
nocomment9999:
I always knew and I have always stated that the oni of ife is not a king.
the yoruba just invent themselves a tradition and a passed.
They copy real indigenoous cultures and turn arround to claim it is those cultures who copied yoruba.

Well, I have already debunked this to silence on this same page. Thanks for helping me bring it to this current page.

See my comment below:
The image attached by the OP traces to only one source as diverse and as versatile as the World-Wide-Web is.

The image traces only to a post from an unverified Facebook page of a certain apparent amateur who, nonetheless, self-certified theirs as a history page. smiley

This singular originator of this image (and Facebook post) — from where our OP has simply lifted word-for-word and image-for-image — was severely roasted in the comment section of their own Facebook post for misinforming the public.

Guess what, this poster (despite the multiple and consistent heavy criticisms in the comment section) dared not name even one source to prove that the individual in the picture was indeed an Ooni, much less substantiate the authenticity of their uncorroborated and sourceless footnote which they’ve edited into the anonymous picture. It was a clear case of propaganda gone wrong.

There is simply no evidence anywhere in all of history pages to back up his mischievous association of the Ooni of Ife with IfA priesthood. Neither could he dare say a word in defense of his apparent mischievous editing as there is no other source for such (apparently false) information.

In fact to be emphatic, there is not a single past Ooni of Ife (from Yorubaland’s photography era) who has ever adorned the circular-style beaded-necklace as shown in the OP’s image.

This singular fact alone instantly debunks our OP’s image (and its accompanying footnote) as a work of dubious and fraudulent propaganda.
Lol! cheesy

Do not take every information/image online at face value. Do your own thorough check if you must form an opinion from such information.

The Ooni of Ife was always and remains the head of all Yoruba kings as I have demonstrated with evidence in my above comment which precedes this one.

Birth of yoruba: 1808
(1) “Yoruba” Founded In 1808 ??
DEBUNKED:
https://www.nairaland.com/6234931/why-ikwerres-not-igbo-logic/25#96567759

Adoption of the term "Oba" in yoruba chiefs nomenclature: 1930's
(4) Binis Own The Word “Oba” ??
DEBUNKED:
https://www.nairaland.com/6234931/why-ikwerres-not-igbo-logic/15#96513655

Moreover, the oldest written evidence of “Oba” for your king yet on Nairaland is in the 1860s.

Whereas, we have seen an 1845 usage of “Oba” for Yoruba kings. LMAO!

And the average yoruba would just go online and defend his dogma like a fanatic boko haram memeber defending the flatness of the earth.
Substitute the word “yoruba” here for “Bini” and observe a round peg in a round hole.

Notice the ooni of ife is wearing just one bead around his kneck, like any regular low ranking chief of Benin empire. To me this proves the ooni was a low ranking chief in Benin empire. therefor ife was under the Oba of Benin.
Except that no Ooni ever wears any such bead in the history of photography in Yorubaland. A fraudulent boy thinking he is sleek.
Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 30, 2020
They copy real indigenoous cultures and turn arround to claim it is those cultures who copied yoruba.

And the average yoruba would just go online and defend his dogma like a fanatic boko haram memeber defending the flatness of the earth.

valirex:
Oni was the chief priest of Ifa from the beginning before Awolowo changed Ooni priesthood into kingship. The ultimate king of Yoruba is Alaffi of Oyo.
The same position of Ooni was the position of Ogiefa of Benin, Ogiefa was the diviners and priest of Efa as Onni is priest of Ifa. Benin call it Efa, Urhobo call it Efa, Igbo call it Afa too, Yoruba call it Ifa.
#Photospeak.

TAO11 Oya come and start wailing grin

Etrusen
samuk
AreaFada2
gregyboy
Etinosa1234

Notice the ooni of ife is wearing just one bead around his kneck, like any regular low ranking chief of Benin empire. To me this proves the ooni was a low ranking chief in Benin empire. therefor ife was under the Oba of Benin.

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 30, 2020
When something is proven, debating it is just like talking to a cow or spitting against the wind: futile and disgraceful.
All I need is to bring out the same proof, whenever I want.
A fact remains a fact nomatter how many lies you tell.

If a sentence has a proof, then it will withstand anything you throw at it.
You certainly failed maths at school.

1 Like

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by TAO11(f): 4:28pm On Dec 30, 2020
nocomment9999:
[s]I always knew and I have always stated that the oni of ife is not a king.
They copy real indigenoous cultures and turn arround to claim it is those cultures who copied yoruba.[/s]

Well, I have already debunked this to silence on this same page. Thanks for helping me bring it to this current page.

See my comment below:
The image attached by the OP traces to only one source as diverse and as versatile as the World-Wide-Web is.

The image traces only to a post from an unverified Facebook page of a certain apparent amateur who, nonetheless, self-certified theirs as a history page. smiley

This singular originator of this image (and Facebook post) — from where our OP has simply lifted word-for-word and image-for-image — was severely roasted in the comment section of their own Facebook post for misinforming the public.

Guess what, this poster (despite the multiple and consistent heavy criticisms in the comment section) dared not name even one source to prove that the individual in the picture was indeed an Ooni, much less substantiate the authenticity of their uncorroborated and sourceless footnote which they’ve edited into the anonymous picture. It was a clear case of propaganda gone wrong.

There is simply no evidence anywhere in all of history pages to back up his mischievous association of the Ooni of Ife with IfA priesthood. Neither could he dare say a word in defense of his apparent mischievous editing as there is no other source for such (apparently false) information.

In fact to be emphatic, there is not a single past Ooni of Ife (from Yorubaland’s photography era) who has ever adorned the circular-style beaded-necklace as shown in the OP’s image.

This singular fact alone instantly debunks our OP’s image (and its accompanying footnote) as a work of dubious and fraudulent propaganda.
Lol! cheesy

Do not take every information/image online at face value. Do your own thorough check if you must form an opinion from such information.

The Ooni of Ife was always and remains the head of all Yoruba kings as I have demonstrated with evidence in my above comment which precedes this one.

DEBUNKED:

[s]Adoption of the term "Oba" in yoruba chiefs nomenclature: 1930's[/s]
DEBUNKED:

Moreover, the oldest written evidence of “Oba” for your king yet on Nairaland is in the 1860s.

[s]And the average yoruba would just go online and defend his dogma like a fanatic boko haram memeber defending the flatness of the earth[/s].
Substitute the word “yoruba” here for “Bini” and observe a round peg in a round hole.

[s]Notice the ooni of ife is wearing just one bead around his kneck, like any regular low ranking chief of Benin empire. To me this proves the ooni was a low ranking chief in Benin empire. therefor ife was under the Oba of Benin[/s].
Except that no Ooni ever wears any such bead in the history of photography in Yorubaland. A fraudulent boy thinking he is sleek.
Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 30, 2020
Debating with yoruba makes me think about Galilleo debating with the inquisition.
The gap of inteligence is that wide.
Since the yoruba are slow i will explain further: I am Gallileo and the yoruba are the inquisition.
Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 30, 2020
nocomment9999:

valirex:
Oni was the chief priest of Ifa from the beginning before Awolowo changed Ooni priesthood into kingship. The ultimate king of Yoruba is Alaffi of Oyo.
The same position of Ooni was the position of Ogiefa of Benin, Ogiefa was the diviners and priest of Efa as Onni is priest of Ifa. Benin call it Efa, Urhobo call it Efa, Igbo call it Afa too, Yoruba call it Ifa.
#Photospeak.

Etrusen
samuk
AreaFada2
gregyboy
Etinosa1234

1 Like

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by TAO11(f): 4:32pm On Dec 30, 2020
nocomment9999:
Debating with yoruba makes me think about Galilleo debating with the inquisition.
The gap of inteligence is that wide.
Since the yoruba are slow i will explain further: I am Gallileo and the yoruba are the inquisition.
No I am Galileo while you and your band of Benin ignoramus are the inquisition.

While I adduce evidence, you adduce repetition of already debunked dog shits.
Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by TAO11(f): 4:34pm On Dec 30, 2020
nocomment99999:
They copy real indigenoous cultures and turn arround to claim it is those cultures who copied yoruba.[/s]

See my comment below:

Lol! cheesy

DEBUNKED:

DEBUNKED:

[s]And the average yoruba would just go online and defend his dogma like a fanatic boko haram memeber defending the flatness of the earth[/s].

[s]Notice the ooni of ife is wearing just one bead around his kneck, like any regular low ranking chief of Benin empire. To me this proves the ooni was a low ranking chief in Benin empire. therefor ife was under the Oba of Benin[/s].

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 30, 2020
You bring no evidence, only lies and false logics.
You use the word "debunk" in a fast and lose manner. You are not debunking anything. You have no proof rather you are going against sentences which have proofs provided for them right in front of your eyes.
TAO11:
No I am Galileo and t you and your band of Benin ignoramus are the inquisition.

Why, I adduce evidence, you adduce repetition of already debunked dog shits.

valirex:
#Photospeak.

Etrusen
samuk
AreaFada2
gregyboy
Etinosa1234

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by TAO11(f): 4:36pm On Dec 30, 2020
I will speak every language you deluded Binis understand.

If you stick to peddling lies — I will continue debunking.

If you run to spamming — I will spam.

If you insult — I will mess you up.

If you troll — You’re in soup.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Balogunodua(m): 4:39pm On Dec 30, 2020
nocomment9999:

valirex:
#Photospeak.

Etrusen
samuk
AreaFada2
gregyboy
Etinosa1234

Account created 45minutes ago.... grin

Samuk this is too childish Na.... grin
Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 30, 2020
Balogunodua:

Do you have any other conspiracy theory to spread ?
Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Balogunodua(m): 4:43pm On Dec 30, 2020
nocomment9999:
You use the word "debunk" in a fast and lose manner. You are not debunking anything. You have no proof rather you are going against sentences which have proofs provided for them right in front of your eyes.

valirex:
#Photospeak.

Etrusen
samuk
AreaFada2
gregyboy
Etinosa1234

You just couldn't take the disgraced she gave your so called mushroom empire... grin

Edo are undisputed cowards... cheesy they always run to create news account when their lies have been exposed cheesy the disgrace is too much ...... grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 30, 2020
Balogunodua:

You just couldn't take the disgraced she gave your so called mushroom empire... grin

Edo are undisputed cowards... cheesy they always run to create news account when their lies have been exposed cheesy the disgrace is too much ...... grin

Do I need to pay you for this laughter ? Because your clownry is rmaking me laugh more than the usual comedy.
Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Balogunodua(m): 4:46pm On Dec 30, 2020
nocomment9999:

Do you have any other conspiracy theory to spread ?
You can hide under any account you like to throw insults...but the truth still stands cheesy she disgraced you and your coming generations can never recover from the damage she did to you guyz.... grin

1 Like

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by TAO11(f): 4:48pm On Dec 30, 2020
[s]You bring no evidence, only lies and false logics.You use the word "debunk" in a fast and lose manner. You are not debunking anything. You have no proof rather you are going against sentences which have proofs provided for them right in front of your eyes.[/s]
These are mere claims which according to Hutchins’ Razor should be debunked by mere counter claims.

Hence, you’re a fatuous Janus-faced Bini liar who have zero ability of engaging in a logical discussion. Oh please don’t tell me you live in France and think that is counter-argument as usual. LMAO!

The last time I engaged you, you were caught pants down lying about your Oba’s visit to Ife.

You claimed your Oba Akenzua II’s visit Ife was to greet the then Governor of Western Region — the Ooni.

However, I disgraced you by demonstrating that the Ooni wouldn’t be made Governor until three decades later.

And how did you react to the disgrace? The same thing you do when in shame. You deleted your account and fled in shame.

nocomment9999:

See my comment below:

Lol! cheesy

DEBUNKED:

DEBUNKED:

Moreover, the attachment below published in the year 1903 shows that the Ooni of Ife had always been the head of all Yoruba monarchs since time immemorial.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Nobody: 4:48pm On Dec 30, 2020
"mushroon empire"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmrdunRXfbw&t=24s

I can't stop laughing.

Man your ancestors paid hommage to the emperor who was called the Oba and the land of your ancestors was the property of the Oba.

The Oba := Omo n'Oba n'Edo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1_04eku2jQ
Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Balogunodua(m): 4:49pm On Dec 30, 2020
nocomment9999:

Do I need to pay you for this laughter ? Because your clownry is rmaking me laugh more than the usual comedy.
Hahahaha.... cheesy we all the clowns hiding under different monikers to spread lies like cowards grin they keep creating different accounts like lost pigs grin

2 Likes

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 30, 2020
Now, let us talk about roman "mushroom" empire.
nocomment9999:

valirex:
#Photospeak.

Etrusen
samuk
AreaFada2
gregyboy
Etinosa1234

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by TAO11(f): 4:50pm On Dec 30, 2020
Balogunodua:

It’s not samuk. It’s one other Benin clown. He’s dead-scared of me.

Whenever he realizes that he’s been debunked he resorts to spamming — his way of throwing tantrums.

He deletes his accounts and run away each time I disgrace him — only to reappear later whenever he thinks the tides has subsided.

He his more clever with lies than Saamu, though.

I will allow him spam though just so he can heave a sigh of relief.

His spanning is my way of confirming that the greatest Bini liar have nothing against the evidence with wish I have put Benin kingdom in its place.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Nobody: 4:52pm On Dec 30, 2020
Balogunodua:

Hahahaha.... cheesy we all the clowns hiding under different monikers to spread lies like cowards grin they keep creating different accounts like lost pigs grin

Come on, I know the only real tradition of the yoruba is to copy others, but did you really need to copy my words ?
You had to paraphrase me by using the word "clown" ? Couldn't you have your own original thoughts ?

To be a really funny clown, you need a certain level of originality. This was paraphrasing, not funny.
I expect better from a naturally gifted clown like you.
Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by gregyboy(m): 4:54pm On Dec 30, 2020
Balogunodua:

Yorubas are undisputed cowards... cheesy they always run to create news account when their lies have been exposed cheesy the disgrace is too much ...... grin

Its true
Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by TAO11(f): 4:56pm On Dec 30, 2020
nocomment9999:
Come on, I know the only real tradition of the yoruba is to copy others, but did you really need to copy my words ?
You had to paraphrase me by using the word "clown" ? Couldn't you have your own original thoughts ?

To be a really funny clown, you need a certain level of originality. This was paraphrasing, not funny.
I expect better from a naturally gifted clown like you.
Why are you quoting him with your lies in the hope that he won’t detect them.

I have my way of detecting your lies so quote me if you think what you have is not a lie.

Let me disgrace you like I did the last time.

Cc: Balogunodua.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by TAO11(f): 4:58pm On Dec 30, 2020
nocomment9999:
[s]You bring no evidence, only lies and false logics.You use the word "debunk" in a fast and lose manner. You are not debunking anything. You have no proof rather you are going against sentences which have proofs provided for them right in front of your eyes.[/s]
These are mere claims which according to Hutchins’ Razor should be debunked by mere counter claims.

Hence, you’re a fatuous Janus-faced Bini liar who have zero ability of engaging in a logical discussion. Oh please don’t tell me you live in France and think that is counter-argument as usual. LMAO!

The last time I engaged you, you were caught pants down lying about your Oba’s visit to Ife.

You claimed your Oba Akenzua II’s visit to Ife was to greet the then Governor of Western Region — the Ooni.

However, I disgraced you by demonstrating that the Ooni wouldn’t be made Governor until three decades later.

And how did you react to the disgrace? The same thing you do when in shame. You deleted your account and fled in shame.

nocomment9999:

See my comment below:

Lol! cheesy

DEBUNKED:

DEBUNKED:

Moreover, the attachments below published in the year 1903 shows that the Ooni of Ife had always been the head of all Yoruba monarchs since time immemorial.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12915204_3bb91d9be2ea45c5afd3f41e88728f3e_jpeg_jpeg645a15f18177fc5fe10c58c7cc98cb9c
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12915205_d21b9942ec6b49db8268dddb52125c5d_jpeg_jpeg5b7a9464bca8be76b7a6cbdd30d76898
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12915206_ea1bb7bbeb514c029bf799998b655ca3_jpeg_jpeg94b9f98f3c978fcbb8823afc65a47cbc

1 Like 6 Shares

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Nobody: 5:00pm On Dec 30, 2020

valirex:
#Photospeak.

Etrusen
samuk
AreaFada2
gregyboy
Etinosa1234

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Balogunodua(m): 5:01pm On Dec 30, 2020
gregyboy:

Its true

Here comes another coward cheesy editing my comment.... stale grin

1 Like

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by TAO11(f): 5:02pm On Dec 30, 2020
nocomment9999:

You claimed your Oba Akenzua II’s visit to Ife was to greet the then Governor of Western Region — the Ooni.

nocomment9999:

See my comment below:

Lol! cheesy

DEBUNKED:

DEBUNKED:

Moreover, the attachments below published in the year 1903 shows that the Ooni of Ife had always been the head of all Yoruba monarchs since time immemorial.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12915204_3bb91d9be2ea45c5afd3f41e88728f3e_jpeg_jpeg645a15f18177fc5fe10c58c7cc98cb9c
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12915205_d21b9942ec6b49db8268dddb52125c5d_jpeg_jpeg5b7a9464bca8be76b7a6cbdd30d76898
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12915206_ea1bb7bbeb514c029bf799998b655ca3_jpeg_jpeg94b9f98f3c978fcbb8823afc65a47cbc

1 Like 6 Shares

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 30, 2020
I have a book to finish writing. I will be back tomorrow to post the proof again after the usual suspects (yoruba) have thrown a thousnad lies at it while they are hoping to kill the truth (but a proven sentence is always true nomatter how many lies you throw at it). So all that is needed is to just wait let the morons get tired with their lies and then produce the same proof again.

if two applications have same graph, then their domains are equal, no matter how many long lies you tell, it remains true.
Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 30, 2020

valirex:
#Photospeak.

Etrusen
samuk
AreaFada2
gregyboy
Etinosa1234

Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by Nobody: 5:05pm On Dec 30, 2020
nocomment9999:
I have a book to finish writing. I will be back tomorrow to post the proof again after the usual suspects (yoruba) have thrown a thousnad lies at it while they are hoping to kill the truth (but a proven sentence is always true nomatter how many lies you throw at it). So all that is needed is to just wait let the morons get tired with their lies and then produce the same proof again.

if two applications have same graph, then their domains are equal, no matter how many long lies you tell, it remains true because there is a proof attached to it.
Re: Oni Was A Chief Priest by TAO11(f): 5:08pm On Dec 30, 2020
nocomment9999:
[s]Ihave a book to finish writing. I will be back tomorrow to post the proof again after the usual suspects (yoruba) have thrown a thousnad lies at it while they are hoping to kill the truth (but a proven sentence is always true nomatter how many lies you throw at it So all that is needed is to just wait let the morons get tired with their lies and then produce the same proof again.
[/s]
You’re writing a book of lies to be sold in Benin for your gullible people, right?? grin

You talk about writing a book or a paper when in fact all you’re doing is preparing your lesson note for you preschool pupils.

You say that to prop up your image in the hope that the readers are gullible folks who will view your numerous lies through such lenses.

I am waiting on you to do the very thing I always force you into doing whenever the disgrace becomes unbearable for Benin kingdom — that is, to delete your account and runaway as always. cheesy

I will force you to choose honesty as your watchword. cheesy

if two applications have same graph, then their domains are equal, no matter how many long lies you tell, it remains true because there is a proof attached to it.
Is this your latest desperate attempt at propping up your already battered image in the hope that you’re lies would be viewed through this lense ??

Well, you failed again at this desperation. Anyone can copy and paste a theorem on graph analysis in the middle of a history debate — but I doubt if a sane person would in fact do such. grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (33) (Reply)

The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins / South South: Nigeria's Pride Through Diversity / "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.