Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,790 members, 7,862,616 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 08:57 PM

Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas (7791 Views)

Unforgettable Sights At The 2015 Presidential Inauguration / Rights Group Stop Buhari's Planned Visit To UK, Sights Human Rights Violations. / Nigeria In The 60s/70s. Sights And Sounds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by step1: 6:32pm On Mar 25, 2011
ekt_bear:

@step1: Thanks for the information. Much appreciated.

You are right, God has blessed Yorubaland heavily.

You are welcome

EzeUche_:

^^^

And all of Nigeria shall benefit. Fair enough?  cool

Yes you are right all Nigerians will benefit from it. I mean all Nigerians are benefitting from Lagos all ready or ain't they
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by ektbear: 6:32pm On Mar 25, 2011
@EzeUche: That remains to be determined, heh. I still want to get a # for how large the gas reserves in the SW are. And I'd also like to understand how much money the federal government makes from the Lagos ports, as well as Murtala Mohammed Airport. . .

Though in the worst case scenario, you'll benefit from being neighbors, at least. Canada derives a lot of benefit from being next to the US.
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by EzeUche2(m): 6:35pm On Mar 25, 2011
Yes we shall be one big happy family. You all are welcomed to visit Enugu, Onitsha and Port Harcourt. Let us all unite and stop with this constant bickering. It is unbecoming. And VERY bad for business.
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by Nobody: 6:37pm On Mar 25, 2011
^ Got a question, I want to do a trip across Igboland over 3wks basically to get the Igbo experience. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance ( Sorry folks, don't mean to derail o)
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by ektbear: 6:37pm On Mar 25, 2011
On a related note, for those actually on the ground in Ondo. . . how well is Mimiko governing? Is he doing well?
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by Mariory(m): 6:38pm On Mar 25, 2011
EzeUche_:

All regions shall be exploited EQUALLY.  cool

One Nigeria!

LOL! Okay that was actually funny. grin
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by ektbear: 6:41pm On Mar 25, 2011
EzeUche_:

Yes we shall be one big happy family. You all are welcomed to visit Enugu, Onitsha and Port Harcourt. Let us all unite and stop with this constant bickering. It is unbecoming. And VERY bad for business.

PH is fine. Enugu and such. . . well, I value my life, lol.

Once the security situation there becomes better, then sure.
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by jason123: 6:41pm On Mar 25, 2011
EzeUche_:

Correct Igbo man!!! grin grin cheesy
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by EzeUche2(m): 6:46pm On Mar 25, 2011
naijababe:

^ Got a question, I want to do a trip across Igboland over 3wks basically to get the Igbo experience. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance ( Sorry folks, don't mean to derail o)

The states I would recommend for you to visit is Enugu and Anambra State.

Abia, Ebonyi and parts of Imo state I would not recommend. Unless you want to feel adventurous or you have an Igbo guide from those areas.
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by EzeUche2(m): 6:47pm On Mar 25, 2011
ekt_bear:

Enugu is a better place to visit than Port Harcourt in my honest opinion. That city is very beautiful and it is aesthetically pleasing. Only Calabar is able to beat the Igbo capital in looks. And security in Enugu state is pretty good. It is safer than Lagos.
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by jason123: 6:49pm On Mar 25, 2011
ekt_bear:

Yoruba man and fear!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy . An Igbo man will go anywhere in the SW or North, life or no life!!!
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by ektbear: 6:59pm On Mar 25, 2011
jason123:

Yoruba man and fear!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy . An Igbo man will go anywhere in the SW or North, life or no life!!!

Err:
1) That is a silly attitude. Some might want to sell their lives cheaply enough to seek profit in Libya as well. . . but that isn't me. I have options, heh.
2) SW is simply safer from a crime perspective. You are less likely to get kidnapped/robbed/etc there than the SE. I'm not trying to be a d1ck, but that is just reality. If Igbos are hesitant to go to their own homeland for fear of being kidnapped, why should I be foolish enough to go there? I can document this with evidence too, if you'd like. . .
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by londoner: 7:24pm On Mar 25, 2011
Lol, less likely to get robbed in Lagos than Enugu, I don't think so at all.

Lagos is still Lagos, and it is still one of the most crime ridden cities in Nigeria.

Perception is another issue, but thats why people should venture out of their own land and actually see other parts of the country for themselves.

If there is oil or gas in Yoruba land, the whole of Nigeria should benefit just as we all did with the oil from the Niger Delta.

Ekt Bear, It has nothing to do with people selling their lives cheaply. You are simply afraid.
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by Afam4eva(m): 7:29pm On Mar 25, 2011
Gas revolution ko firewood revolution ni. He should start an english revolution in his home so that his wife will stop disgracing herself all over the place.
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by PhysicsMHD(m): 7:31pm On Mar 25, 2011
afam4eva:

Gas revolution ko firewood revolution ni. He should start an english revolution in his home so that his wife will stop disgracing herself all over the place.

grin

lmao
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by jason123: 7:31pm On Mar 25, 2011
ekt_bear:

Err:
1) That is a silly attitude. Some might want to sell their lives cheaply enough to seek profit in Libya as well. . . but that isn't me. I have options, heh.
2) SW is simply safer from a crime perspective. You are less likely to get kidnapped/robbed/etc there than the SE. I'm not trying to be a d1ck, but that is just reality. If Igbos are hesitant to go to their own homeland for fear of being kidnapped, why should I be foolish enough to go there? I can document this with evidence too, if you'd like. . .

I get what you mean, I was simply joking. On a real though, I will be visiting the East when I come to Naija Kidnapping or Not!!!
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by londoner: 7:31pm On Mar 25, 2011
Enugu look okay to me, I've never been, but would like to and people who have been seem to like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUP9U2Gj3-Q
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by jason123: 7:32pm On Mar 25, 2011
londoner:

Lol, less likely to get robbed in Lagos than Enugu, I don't think so at all.

Lagos is still Lagos, and it is still one of the most crime ridden cities in Nigeria.

Perception is another issue, but thats why people should venture out of their own land and actually see other parts of the country for themselves.

If there is oil or gas in Yoruba land, the whole of Nigeria should benefit just as we all did with the oil from the Niger Delta.

Ekt Bear, It has nothing to do with people selling their lives cheaply. You are simply afraid.

Bros, it is not fear but common sense.
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by jason123: 7:33pm On Mar 25, 2011
afam4eva:

LOL!!! grin
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by Afam4eva(m): 7:34pm On Mar 25, 2011
ekt_bear:

Err:

It's annoying how some of you that were either born or bred outside Nigeria know so much about Igbo land. Which Igbos are afraid to go to the east for fear of being robbed or kidnappped. How come there are over 20 million people still leaving there if it's soo unsafe like you claim. Pls speak on what you know and stop this propaganda of the south-east being unsafe.
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by sbeezy8: 7:38pm On Mar 25, 2011
GOD FORBID- sw has no Oil or Gas the day the country breaks or has federalism is the day we will "discover" it.
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by Afam4eva(m): 7:40pm On Mar 25, 2011
I also hope they don't discover anything in the south-east yet.
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by londoner: 7:47pm On Mar 25, 2011
@jason 123, no it is fear, I am a woman and I know a scared man when I see one.

If it was common sense he would not go to Lagos, which is still one of the most dangerous cities in Nigeria.

Ofcourse, there are cities with crime in the east, but how many cities in Nigeria can claim to be safe havens?

Not many. To be honest even without the kidnapping in the east of recent, Yorubas are known to be worried/scared about venturing into Igbo land.

Dont take offence, but I have told that by quite a few Yorubas.
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by jason123: 7:53pm On Mar 25, 2011
londoner:

Not many. To be honest even without the kidnapping in the east of recent, Yorubas are known to be worried/scared about venturing into Igbo land.

I have to agree with you there grin grin grin! The reputation of Igbo land among Yorubas is quite bad and offensive to the igbos. I am sure some of your friends would have told you the preconceptions they have about Igbo land.
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by sbeezy8: 7:54pm On Mar 25, 2011
londoner:

If it was common sense he would not go to Lagos, which is still one of the most dangerous cities in Nigeria.

Ofcourse, there are cities with crime in the east, but how many cities in Nigeria can claim to be safe havens?

No one is scared to venture into Iboland but what would be the point? Lagos has armed robbers Yes but def we dont have kidnappers/who are armed. Theres a difference I personally kno Ibos who have been kidnapped and spent a couple nights in the Bushes. and then left for Lagos or Abuja Asap

aint nothing like Lagos. . . . .
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by sbeezy8: 7:55pm On Mar 25, 2011
jason123:

I have to agree with you there grin grin grin! The reputation of Igbo land among Yorubas is quite bad and offensive to the igbos. I am sure some of your friends would have told you the preconceptions they have about Igbo land.

I havent heard anything "bad" about ibo land and my dads grandmother is from ABIA. the only thing he says is what the point in living in the East everything you need is in the West- which is true.
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by EzeUche2(m): 7:58pm On Mar 25, 2011
I remember father's Yoruba friend who is a professor at UNIPORT told us that his mother did not want him coming to the East and teach. She thought he would be eaten. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by EzeUche2(m): 8:00pm On Mar 25, 2011
sbeezy8:

I havent heard anything "bad" about ibo land and my dads grandmother is from ABIA. the only thing he says is what the point in living in the East everything you need is in the West- which is true.

That's a lie. People could just travel to Port Harcourt if they really need something. And you starve easier in the West, than in the East. We see how the Hausa crippled the South-West when they said they would not provide any food.
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by step1: 8:03pm On Mar 25, 2011
londoner:

That's right most Yoruba's would not want to reside in the East for reasons you might find offensive to as an igbo woman but be objective about it.

1.) Most Yoruba's I know of including me are scared of the horrific things we have heard of the East such as kidnapping, rituals and cannibalism.

2.) Most Yoruba's are also scared of the fact that the locals in those areas will stigmatize them and moreover the language barrier is still there.

3.) It is not economical valuable to leave the comfort of the South-west and go to South-east.

I hope you do not take offence to this because that is the truth. I guess it is because we have never been to the East that is why we are thinking like this. I would visit the East one day because of my GF wink
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by jason123: 8:03pm On Mar 25, 2011
EzeUche_:

I remember father's Yoruba friend who is a professor at UNIPORT told us that his mother did not want him coming to the East and teach. She thought he would be eaten.  undecided undecided undecided
sbeezy8:

I do not want to turn this thread into an igbo bashing thread but the cannibalism and kidnapping reputation is what they are "skeptical" of especially the cannibalism aspect. Although, I really do not mind going there. I believe its all a myth undecided .
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by EzeUche2(m): 8:06pm On Mar 25, 2011
Let is be known that the Hausa are in great numbers in the East. Some have lived for generations. Go to Onitsha and Aba and you will find many Hausa. If they can live in the East, why can't Yoruba?

People shouldn't be afraid of the East. The only state I would consider dangerous is Abia state right now. And not all parts of Abia.
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by sbeezy8: 8:10pm On Mar 25, 2011
EzeUche_:

That's a lie. People could just travel to Port Harcourt if they really need something. And you starve easier in the West, than in the East. We see how the Hausa crippled the South-West when they said they would not provide any food.

hahahah SAYS who im talkin about from a yoruba point of view I dont know anyone who left Lagos and  SW  to look for greener pastures in the East aside from Oil Jobs. and Hausa didnt cripple the West, what is it that Hausas grow that cannot be grown in osun or oyo or ogun? LOL what is it we eat in the SW which we cannot do ourselves.

If every non yoruba was to leave the SW- the same SW farmers would be there to continue farming,fishing, and cattle- supplying yorubas as its been for HUNDREDS of years. Hausa man only wants to take his product to the SW cause thats where a larger market is. theres MILLSIONS of STARVING PEOPLE IN THE NORTH WHY NOT SELL THERE?

because SW has the a larger Market- so when someone says theres food scarcity in the SW i CERTAINLY dont take it as yoruba peple are starving I take as too many IMMIGRANTS ARE IN THE SW. anywhere outside the Lagos, farmers grow the food they eat and sell.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fashola Commissions 11 Projects In Badagry And Ojo / Yellow Fever: Obaseki Gets Vaccinated, Leads Campaign Against Disease In Edo / Gas Dispute: Creditors May Go After Nigeria’s Eurobond Custodian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.