Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,418 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

#EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! (6490 Views)

Strike: Labour To Embark On Nationwide Protest / International Student's Day: NANS Mobilises Students On Nationwide Protest / Students Stage #EndAsuuStrike #BlackFridayWalk Today In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by Bhadmus77(m): 11:21am On Dec 16, 2020
Dreamliner787:
[s][/s]

What the fuçk is this idiot still saying, guy your fucking life is far different from mine.. no one is saying you shouldn't celebrate your fuçking Christmas with your fuçking family,.. but just get my fuçking point already!!

We can't resume this year, Fine! Everyone knows that already but the point is the Strike be called off Anyhow, however possible this year so we can peacefully resume next year by january perhaps the first week, with ease and less worries..
Won't you look so stupid protesting in a New year?.. or do you wish the over 9months old strike lingers till next year all because of a one-day Christmas?!!

Speaking about covid-19, I'm not surprised you happen to be among the very few fools that believe in covid-19 being in Nigeria, maybe there was, but that was then. You need to go out there and witness what's going on around the country with your fuçking eyes instead of sitting there in your shitty house believing Every fuçking thing the social media says.. Grow up dude!!
I have been going through your comments and the Reply of the other guy And I must say that he is making a lot of sense and u are not.
Are u even aware of how protests start?
Do u even know about the demands of the union.
Let me be Realistic and Factual with u, no matter the protest, block airports, block CBN road, block everywhere, SCHOOLS CANNOT RESUME this year. Did u see the warning from CMD of LUTH who said schools may close down after they finish their term tbis week due to the infection rate?
Whether Covid is real or not, if they Lockdown, we have not choice than to sit at home.

Number 2.
Any protest that Is done now is just an effort in Futility. Be a realist and not an optimist. Save the energy for a Protest on Jan 4.

The best u can do now is to do online awareness for massive turnout on January 4.

Before u quote me, kindly Note, I am a 500l student also affected by ASUU strike, and I'm sure u will be in 100-300l so u should know that I'm more affected than u.

Also, a word of advice, reduce calling those guys up there "idiots"
Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by joxxy01(m): 2:44pm On Dec 16, 2020
Bhadmus77:

I have been going through your comments and the Reply of the other guy And I must say that he is making a lot of sense and u are not.
Let me be Realistic and Factual with u, no matter the protest, block airports, block CBN road, block everywhere, SCHOOLS CANNOT RESUME this year. Did u see the warning from CMD of LUTH who said schools may close down after they finish their term tbis week due to the infection rate?
Whether Covid is real or not, if they Lockdown, we have not choice than to sit at home.

Number 2.
Any protest that Is done now is just an effort in Futility. Be a realist and not an optimist. Save the energy for a Protest on Jan 4.

The best u can do now is to do online awareness for massive turnout on January 4.

Before u quote me, kindly Note, I am a 500l student also affected by ASUU strike, and I'm sure u will be in 100-300l so u should know that I'm more affected than u.

Oga both you and that guy's comments are invalid... yes school can't be be opened this year again agreed, but however the two bodies should at list be able to settle and agree before the end of this year so that by January we can start a new academic calendar, and mind you it is highly feasible because according to the minister the funds are ready for disbursement and they have met ASUU's demand at list half way so what is left on ground should not take more than 48hrs to finalise if truly they are serious at ending the strike. Waiting till January before taking action will definitely bite into February/March... which is another precious opportunity to resume and time been waisted abeg reason am.. Any student who truly wants an end to this strike and who truly wants to progress will not wish that this strike cross over till next.

5 Likes

Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by Dreamliner787(m): 5:04pm On Dec 16, 2020
Bhadmus77:

Number 2.

Guy.... If the other guy is dumb, I don't expect you should, please tell me where I ever said we should resume this year.. let's start from there first, and mind you, even though you are in 800lvl, that doesn't matter to me bro, we are all in this shit together and it's affecting everyone equally!!

2 Likes

Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by Donpre(m): 7:52pm On Dec 16, 2020
People saying we should wait till next year are jokers.
We've given a group of thinking adults 10 whole months and they keep going back and forth the same issue.

Lately, the last meeting was in November, 2 future meetings were cancelled without any explanation. Like our education is a joke to them.

We need to register our displeasure and we need to do it now! anybody that wants to wait till january should join us then, we aren't waiting for you.

6 Likes

Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by Mammangaddafi(m): 6:18am On Dec 17, 2020
Fellow Nigerian students,
*268 DAYS* (23/03/2020 till today)
It is high time we became triggered by the sad reality that our futures have been stagnated by the effects of poor decision-making and backward thinking. It is glaring, even to the blind that the present government and ASUU do not care about our predicament and have left us in limbo for the past 9 months by their obtuse approach to fighting for what they think is right.
We are destined to be the greatest losers in a squabble we have no say in, and much worse is that the *cost is our future.* Thousands of students who were only days from clenching their deserved certificates have been denied from doing so. Even more students have had their stay in school unjustifiably prolonged.
*Now is the time we wake up and fight to save our future!*
Despite several meetings between the two parties, there has been no promise or anything to suggest that we would resume by January, 2021 despite the fact that we've been robbed of 2020.
We must rise together, with unity of purpose to say NO to this evil that is threatening to lay waste to our prospects in life.
Let us join the #SaveOurFuture and #EndASUUStrikeNow trend on Twitter and say 'Enough is enough' to this madness!
#SaveOurFuture
#EndASUUStrikeNow

4 Likes

Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by Mammangaddafi(m): 6:20am On Dec 17, 2020
let's make this go viral

2 Likes

Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by Balaxx: 7:03am On Dec 17, 2020
Bhadmus77:

Number 2.

500l or 100l all of us dey suffer am joor, which one b more affected.u and who dey wait till Jan 4th??

3 Likes

Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by exynos(m): 9:35am On Dec 17, 2020
joxxy01:
Oga both you and that guy's comments are invalid... yes school can't be be opened this year again agreed, but however the two bodies should at list be able to settle and agree before the end of this year so that by January we can start a new academic calendar, and mind you it is highly feasible because according to the minister the funds are ready for disbursement and they have met ASUU's demand at list half way so what is left on ground should not take more than 48hrs to finalise if truly they are serious at ending the strike. Waiting till January before taking action will definitely bite into February/March... which is another precious opportunity to resume and time been waisted abeg reason am.. Any student who truly wants an end to this strike and who truly wants to progress will not wish that this strike cross over till next.

Kindly ignore those guys

1 Like

Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by qwertie1234: 10:24am On Dec 17, 2020
Balaxx:
500l or 100l all of us dey suffer am joor, which one b more affected.u and who dey wait till Jan 4th??
with all due respect some people are more affected than some..a 29yr old final year student at the verge of exceeding the nysc age limit is definately more affected than a 17 years old 100level student
a student who has few months to graduate will b more affected psychologically Dan a student who just gained admission

1 Like

Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by qwertie1234: 10:35am On Dec 17, 2020
you all saying the physical protest should be this year would u want a situation whereby only 20 abi 30 nairaland students will come out that day? the need for online publicity first before we go to the streets can not be over emphasized.. no whatsapp group has been created yet, no awareness on instagram or twitter, even on facebook nothing . infact even for our own Nairaland its not on front page yet..you think protest is what you decide today and tomorow u carry it out? online protest is still a form of protest- it as, in some occasion, proven even more effective than the physical protest..lets use this year to publicise it, let every nigerian student get the privilage of hearing about a protest that will kick off soon..let nigerian student anticipate it and prepare very well for it..let the information concerning the protest go viral first , so that the turn out that day will be massive..
i badly want this protest to happen, lets not joke about it and end it up by just ranting on nairaland..
let a logo b created, let the logo flood social media, let the logo carry something like #CountdownToEndAsuuStrikeProtestJanuary4th2021..
well this is just my opinion as an aggrieved student who suffered the 2013 six months ASUU strike, 2months 2018 strike, medical consultants strike, numerous internal strike and now 9months ASUU strike..
so OP belive wen I tell u I share your intense pains and frustration but let's get it well this time, let this protest not end like d #endasuu protest carried out by some few students some months ago
To those I insulted earlier in my post, APOLOGIES

1 Like

Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by kabiruDK(m): 11:50am On Dec 17, 2020
Been waiting for link to the whatspp group but nothing yet, There is need for early start.
Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 17, 2020
March to twitter now!!!!!!!!

#EndAsuuStrikeNow is No.1 on trend!!!!!

wake up!!!!!!!!! the difference between Dec 31 and Jan 1st is just a single second!!!!!!!!!!

tweet!!!!

retweet!!!!

Wake up!!! ji ma sun!!!!!!

#SAVEOURFUTURE

#SAVENIGERIANSTUDENTS

1 Like

Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 17, 2020
I'm still waiting for the WhatsApp group Link.

we need an E- protest first to get everyone involved before we flood the streets..
Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by kabiruDK(m): 11:41pm On Dec 17, 2020
I Dey Tell u..
Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by Nobody: 1:16am On Dec 19, 2020
kabiruDK:
I Dey Tell u..
you're doing well! pls march to twitter very important!!!

#EndAsuuStrikeNow is the hashtag!!!!!!!!

retweet with anger!!!!!!
Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by Nobody: 1:25am On Dec 19, 2020
incase you don't know... we're taking back what belongs to us.
enough is enough!!!!!
9 months of strike!! enough is enough!!!
70 hours of meetings and no end in sight!!!
don't sit back and watch!!!! let's take back what belongs to us!!!!
if you're living in those venue below please don't hesitate to go out!!!!!
NB; go with your bottle waters and nose mask!!

this ALUTA must LUTA by fire by force!!!!

2 Likes

Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by Nobody: 9:05am On Dec 19, 2020
Guys let's support ourselves and our lives by coming out en masse.... Even if your school is not on strike.... come out for solidarity sake.... I'm in Ogun State.... But I will be at unilag for the protest on Monday.... pls let's come out.... nah that one be koko

1 Like

Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by Sardauna24(m): 11:21am On Dec 19, 2020
qwertie1234:
you all saying the physical protest should be this year would u want a situation whereby only 20 abi 30 nairaland students will come out that day? the need for online publicity first before we go to the streets can not be over emphasized.. no whatsapp group has been created yet, no awareness on instagram or twitter, even on facebook nothing . infact even for our own Nairaland its not on front page yet..you think protest is what you decide today and tomorow u carry it out? online protest is still a form of protest- it as, in some occasion, proven even more effective than the physical protest..lets use this year to publicise it, let every nigerian student get the privilage of hearing about a protest that will kick off soon..let nigerian student anticipate it and prepare very well for it..let the information concerning the protest go viral first , so that the turn out that day will be massive..
i badly want this protest to happen, lets not joke about it and end it up by just ranting on nairaland..
let a logo b created, let the logo flood social media, let the logo carry something like #CountdownToEndAsuuStrikeProtestJanuary4th2021..
well this is just my opinion as an aggrieved student who suffered the 2013 six months ASUU strike, 2months 2018 strike, medical consultants strike, numerous internal strike and now 9months ASUU strike..
so OP belive wen I tell u I share your intense pains and frustration but let's get it well this time, let this protest not end like d #endasuu protest carried out by some few students some months ago
To those I insulted earlier in my post, APOLOGIES
Apology Accepted
Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by Sardauna24(m): 11:25am On Dec 19, 2020
brain02:
incase you don't know... we're taking back what belongs to us.

enough is enough!!!!!

9 months of strike!! enough is enough!!!

70 hours of meetings and no end in sight!!!

don't sit back and watch!!!! let's take back what belongs to us!!!!

if you're living in those venue below please don't hesitate to go out!!!!!

NB; go with your bottle waters and nose mask!!

this ALUTA must LUTA by fire by force!!!!
Supported #EndAsuuStrike..
ALUTA CONTINUA VICTORIA ASCERTA...
Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by kabiruDK(m): 11:37am On Dec 19, 2020
Doradorwa:
Guys let's support ourselves and our lives by coming out en masse.... Even if your school is not on strike.... come out for solidarity sake.... I'm in Ogun State.... But I will be at unilag for the protest on Monday.... pls let's come out.... nah that one be koko

where do u live in Ogun, I also reside there.
Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 19, 2020
kabiruDK:

where do u live in Ogun, I also reside there.
Around Sango sir... If you will be going for the protest sir.... Perhaps we can link up sir
Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by Rugh8: 12:56pm On Dec 19, 2020
End strike
Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by Sunflawa(m): 2:35pm On Dec 19, 2020
Let's make this happen

Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 19, 2020
Sunflawa:
Let's make this happen
you're doing well!!!!!!!!

is there any telegram or WhatsApp group

quote me back ASAP.....!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by Sunflawa(m): 4:26pm On Dec 19, 2020
Yeah.. It's on telegram /campuscatchng
Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 19, 2020
Sunflawa:
Yeah.. It's on telegram /campuscatchng
thanks!!!
#EndAsuuStrikeNow

2 Likes

Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by Sunflawa(m): 4:32pm On Dec 19, 2020
Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 19, 2020
Sunflawa:
https:///campuscatchng
thanks Chief!!!
share to as many WhatsApp group or fellows as much as you can!.

#EndAsuuStrikeNow!!

this ALUTA must LUTA by fire by force!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 months of our lives wasted by a failed government!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by khingTony(m): 9:22pm On Dec 19, 2020
brain02:

#EndAsuuStrikeNow!!

this ALUTA must LUTA by fire by force!!!!!!!!!!!!

grin

1 Like

Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by Nobody: 11:13pm On Dec 19, 2020
guys there is need for online publicity..... flood your WhatsApp, instagram, facebook status with#EndAsuuStrikeNow..... let your friends know...... let them see your zeal and be ethusiatic to join you.... God bless us all...

Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by ProphetM0hammad: 10:05am On Dec 20, 2020
Bhadmus77:

Number 2.

The protest is long overdue. And the protest is not for school to resume this year, rather for next year as early as possible. So further delaying it doesn't make sense.
Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by Bhadmus77(m): 12:53pm On Dec 20, 2020
qwertie1234:

with all due respect some people are more affected than some..a 29yr old final year student at the verge of exceeding the nysc age limit is definately more affected than a 17 years old 100level student
a student who has few months to graduate will b more affected psychologically Dan a student who just gained admission

U dey mind those freshers.. They don't know anything at all.
I've been affected by ASUU strike from 100l to 500l,yet that mumu up there is saying e affects everyone the same way

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Latest Update On Uniben Resumption Date And Clearance For New Students / Bayelsa Convention: NANS Consoles Family Of Slain Student. / Futminna Post Utme/de Date Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.