Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,685 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

Bishop Oyedepo Step Mother -aasiyah Bello Oyedepo Died As A Muslim. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo Step Mother -aasiyah Bello Oyedepo Died As A Muslim. (1785 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member / Bishop Oyedepo: "Adeboye Saved Me From Spiritual Attack On My Private Jet" / Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bishop Oyedepo Step Mother -aasiyah Bello Oyedepo Died As A Muslim. by adeniyiayinde: 8:53pm On Dec 15, 2020
I will start with a footnote on the billionaire Bishop, David Bello Oyedepo. He was born a Muslim, named Hasan by his father Bello Oyedepo.

His mother was a Christian who converted to Islam when she married Bello. Bello had three other wives. After his higher education, Hasan became David.

He instantly became a strong, aggressive and successful Christian activist. With his stupendous wealth, he reverted his mother to Christianity; then his father and brothers; then all except his three stepmothers who stuck to their guns and died Muslims.

The last of them—Aasiyat— is the subject matter of this piece.

I set out searching for her in late 2013 when I read about how Bishop Oyedepo allegedly prophesized that she will die a miserably poor woman unless she converts to Christianity, like most other members of his family. Muslims on social media were shocked by the Bishop’s utterances.

After reading about her, I set out to meet her in 2013. I visited the headquarters of the Living Faith Church in Iyana Apaja, Lagos.

Someone in a nearby mosque told me that the native home of the Oyedepos is in Omuaran, Kwara State. I drove to Ilorin the following morning and arrived Omuaran during Juma’ah congregation.

After the prayer, I met the leaders of the mosque, introduced myself and asked about “Bishop Oyedepo’s sister who refused to convert to Christianity.” They became sceptical and started to interrogate me.

They even brought a Fulani herder to confirm that I was indeed Fulani.

Finally, I was handed over to one brother, Bello Saad Bamidele, with whom we drove a short distance before arriving at the Oyedepo family house.

Behind the front block was a flat in which a woman in her sixties was living. Bello entered and announced our arrival. After she was ready, I was ushered into her parlour. She was shy, full of smiles, but few words.

She spoke only Yoruba; so Bello was very handy at the time and on my subsequent visits to her.

I did not want to open fresh wounds especially giving her shy nature; so I avoided asking her about her relationship with David.

Instead, we focussed on Islam. I told her that it saddens other Muslims to learn about the pressure on her to convert to Christianity and salute her resolve to remain Muslim.

I expressed the solidarity of other Nigerian Muslims with her and recounted the testimony that God gave about her namesake, the wife of Pharaoh, who kept her faith in the face of difficulties and, before God, became a symbol of faith who prayed to Him for a house in Heaven and rescue from Pharaoh and oppression.

Before I left her that afternoon, I asked Aasiyat if she had a request before the Muslim Ummah. She smiled and dropped her head for a while.

Finally, when she gathered the courage to open up, she giraffed and whispered into the ear of Bello, who, having heard her request, shouted Allahu akbar! “What did she say,” I enquired, impatiently.

He said, “She will love to fulfil her lifetime ambition—a pilgrimage to Mecca.” Look! She did not ask for money. Not a house or anything material. But just a spiritual journey. I told her that it was a modest request and we will pray that God grants it..

Alhamdulillah. He did. By the time the Hajj season commenced in 2014, I got in touch with a great sister, Fatima Afolore Jimoh, the then Secretary of the Pilgrims Board in Ilorin.

She assured me of a seat and helped a lot to see that things went well. I linked her up with Bello in Omuaran and all arrangement were completed.

The scheme nearly got k-legged when Aasiyat’s sons and other family members discovered she would travel to Mecca.

They started agitating against it but we were faster, alhamdulillah. ? We quickly ‘abducted’ Aasiyat from Omuaran, shipped her to Ilorin and hid her in a house until her day of departure to the Holy Land. Kudos to Fatima. What a great sister she is!

Aasiyat performed her hajj successfully without any hitch and returned from Mecca a very happy Muslim.

She was all smiles when I visited her. She held a ceremony, thanking God for that. The Muslim community of Omuaran continued to support her especially when she fell sick lately.

When we spoke last Monday, Saad told me she has recovered from a severe sickness. This morning, he told me that she relapsed and taken to a hospital in Ibadan, where she died last night.

The most interesting part was that she was blessed with the Kalimah as her last word. Mashaallah!

And so was the end, here, for her. I salute her resolve to live by her conviction as I saluted the Boko Haram abducted girl—Liya Sharibu—who refused to convert to Islam as demanded by her captors.

Aasiyat and the two cowives that died before her chose to remain Muslim. That is the power of conviction.

She would have succumbed to the pressure from her two sons—surely the dearest to her heart—both of whom are now pastors, converted to Christianity by Bishop Oyedepo.

No. She chose God over man and the Hereafter over the temporary glitters of this world. She died committed to her choice, a symbol of faith and conviction.

Sister Aasiyat Bello Oyedepo, the Princess of Islam, will be buried tomorrow afternoon in her native town of Omuaran.

Our sincere condolences go to the Muslim community of Omuaran and Kwara State in general, to all those who anchored her in faith, including Bello and Sister Fatima.

Our condolences also to the Oyedepos, including the Bishop David. May he soon revert to Hasan before he leaves the glitters of this world behind. Amin yaa Rabb! ? Nothing is beyond Him.

May the Princess of the Faithful, Aasiyat, meet in Heaven the symbols of faith—her namesake and Virgin Mary—where they will together dwell in the gardens and rivers which their Lord promised the righteous:

“Lo! The righteous will dwell among gardens and rivers. Firmly established in the favour of a Mighty King.” (54:54-55). (flowerbudnews)

By Dr. Aliyu Tilde, Bauchi

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Step Mother -aasiyah Bello Oyedepo Died As A Muslim. by dollytino4real(f): 8:55pm On Dec 15, 2020
which one are to believe some said step sister others said step mother! pls let her soul rest
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Step Mother -aasiyah Bello Oyedepo Died As A Muslim. by mountmoriah(m): 8:56pm On Dec 15, 2020
dollytino4real:
which one are to believe some said step sister others said step mother! pls let her soul rest
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Step Mother -aasiyah Bello Oyedepo Died As A Muslim. by Heartbender: 9:03pm On Dec 15, 2020
Are you finished with your lies? Headquarters of Living Faith Church is not in Iyana Ipaja. Second, you said step sister, then step mother. Third, he didn't use wealth to convert anyone to Christianity. Your post is full of prejudice. It is therefore struck out for lack of value

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Step Mother -aasiyah Bello Oyedepo Died As A Muslim. by Uprightness100(m): 9:05pm On Dec 15, 2020
Whatever you claim to be! If you Depart this Earth without JESUS Christ! You Have Lived a Wasted life

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Step Mother -aasiyah Bello Oyedepo Died As A Muslim. by Ofemmanu1: 9:07pm On Dec 15, 2020
You abducted her! Just to go to arab country to throw stones at the e devil.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Step Mother -aasiyah Bello Oyedepo Died As A Muslim. by Charleys: 9:09pm On Dec 15, 2020
Heartbender:
Are you finished with your lies? Headquarters of Living Faith Church is not in Iyana Ipaja. Second, you said step sister, then step mother. Third, he didn't use wealth to convert anyone to Christianity. Your post is full of prejudice. It is therefore struck out for lack of value

Who annointed Oyedepo a Bishop…? I mean bishop, who made him a Bishop?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Step Mother -aasiyah Bello Oyedepo Died As A Muslim. by TooMuchStuff: 9:10pm On Dec 15, 2020
Make una free our Bishop naa...!

Na plenty mullaa Oyedepo get him no kee pesin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Step Mother -aasiyah Bello Oyedepo Died As A Muslim. by Asura: 9:15pm On Dec 15, 2020
Charleys:

Who annointed Oyedepo a Bishop…?
A better question.
Who paid you to write this trashy self contradictory piece?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Step Mother -aasiyah Bello Oyedepo Died As A Muslim. by Pierocash(m): 9:17pm On Dec 15, 2020
Bishop Oyedepo my spiritual daddy is a real prophet. When he speaks,it comes to pass.

He told her that unless she converts to Christianity ,she will die poor ladies and gentle men,did it not come to pass?

May you live long papa
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Step Mother -aasiyah Bello Oyedepo Died As A Muslim. by Charleys: 9:25pm On Dec 15, 2020
Asura:

A better question.
Who paid you to write this trashy self contradictory piece?

Does it look like I wrote it? Can't you differentiate the names.

That piece is actually true. But that's not the point. My point is who ordained Oyedepo a Bishop?

If you go to some parts of Nigeria and say you are a pastor, the first question is who ordained you. You tell them and they make calls to confirm. Some pastors can trace their annointing to the early Christians aka pilgrims.

Now pastor Adeboye annointed Oyedepo as a pastor now how did he Oyedepo become a Bishop that's what I want to know.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Step Mother -aasiyah Bello Oyedepo Died As A Muslim. by Kobojunkie: 9:30pm On Dec 15, 2020
Uprightness100:
Whatever you claim to be! If you Depart this Earth without JESUS Christ! You Have Lived a Wasted life
Nah! A wasted life would be a life lived as a believer in Jesus Christ with an end in Hell.

Unbelievers have no place in Heaven or Hell because as God said, their end is the grave -they cease to exist once they die -there is no afterlife for such souls.

On the other hand, those who believe in Jesus Christ have eternal life which they can either spend in Heaven or in Hell and you would agree that it would b a waste to be gifted with eternity only to end up spending it in Hell with demons and the lot who also believe in Jesus Christ.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Step Mother -aasiyah Bello Oyedepo Died As A Muslim. by Stalwert: 9:35pm On Dec 15, 2020
grin detecting major Payne in this thread
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Step Mother -aasiyah Bello Oyedepo Died As A Muslim. by dat9jaguy(m): 9:53pm On Dec 15, 2020
Pierocash:
Bishop Oyedepo my spiritual daddy is a real prophet. When he speaks,it comes to pass.

He told her that unless she converts to Christianity ,she will die poor ladies and gentle men,did it not come to pass?

May you live long papa

Oga abeg where in the Bible did Jesus curse anyone because the person did not convert to Christianity?
Your worshipping your fellow man because he says he has 'annoiting' is the highest form of blasphemy.
'Bishop' Oyedepo has derailed due to people like you who see no wrong in anything he does.

Guy wake up, no let anyone mislead you, your salvation and relationship with God is a personal thing not by unnecessarily hyping any man.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Step Mother -aasiyah Bello Oyedepo Died As A Muslim. by paxonel(m): 9:53pm On Dec 15, 2020
What was Jesus relationship with his unbelievers?
It was very cordial!
Unbelievers invited Jesus and he happily dined and made friends with them, that is the spirit of Christianity.

But what did Bishop Oyedepo do?

The Bishop would have single handedly sponsored that old woman's trip to mecca if he wasn't a fundamentalist.

May her soul rest in peace
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Step Mother -aasiyah Bello Oyedepo Died As A Muslim. by zeuss: 9:59pm On Dec 15, 2020
adeniyiayinde:
I will start with a footnote on the billionaire Bishop, David Bello Oyedepo. He was born a Muslim, named Hasan by his father Bello Oyedepo.

His mother was a Christian who converted to Islam when she married Bello. Bello had three other wives. After his higher education, Hasan became David.

He instantly became a strong, aggressive and successful Christian activist. With his stupendous wealth, he reverted his mother to Christianity; then his father and brothers; then all except his three stepmothers who stuck to their guns and died Muslims.

The last of them—Aasiyat— is the subject matter of this piece.

I set out searching for her in late 2013 when I read about how Bishop Oyedepo allegedly prophesized that she will die a miserably poor woman unless she converts to Christianity, like most other members of his family. Muslims on social media were shocked by the Bishop’s utterances.

After reading about her, I set out to meet her in 2013. I visited the headquarters of the Living Faith Church in Iyana Apaja, Lagos.

Someone in a nearby mosque told me that the native home of the Oyedepos is in Omuaran, Kwara State. I drove to Ilorin the following morning and arrived Omuaran during Juma’ah congregation.

After the prayer, I met the leaders of the mosque, introduced myself and asked about “Bishop Oyedepo’s sister who refused to convert to Christianity.” They became sceptical and started to interrogate me.

They even brought a Fulani herder to confirm that I was indeed Fulani.

Finally, I was handed over to one brother, Bello Saad Bamidele, with whom we drove a short distance before arriving at the Oyedepo family house.

Behind the front block was a flat in which a woman in her sixties was living. Bello entered and announced our arrival. After she was ready, I was ushered into her parlour. She was shy, full of smiles, but few words.

She spoke only Yoruba; so Bello was very handy at the time and on my subsequent visits to her.

I did not want to open fresh wounds especially giving her shy nature; so I avoided asking her about her relationship with David.

Instead, we focussed on Islam. I told her that it saddens other Muslims to learn about the pressure on her to convert to Christianity and salute her resolve to remain Muslim.

I expressed the solidarity of other Nigerian Muslims with her and recounted the testimony that God gave about her namesake, the wife of Pharaoh, who kept her faith in the face of difficulties and, before God, became a symbol of faith who prayed to Him for a house in Heaven and rescue from Pharaoh and oppression.

Before I left her that afternoon, I asked Aasiyat if she had a request before the Muslim Ummah. She smiled and dropped her head for a while.

Finally, when she gathered the courage to open up, she giraffed and whispered into the ear of Bello, who, having heard her request, shouted Allahu akbar! “What did she say,” I enquired, impatiently.

He said, “She will love to fulfil her lifetime ambition—a pilgrimage to Mecca.” Look! She did not ask for money. Not a house or anything material. But just a spiritual journey. I told her that it was a modest request and we will pray that God grants it..

Alhamdulillah. He did. By the time the Hajj season commenced in 2014, I got in touch with a great sister, Fatima Afolore Jimoh, the then Secretary of the Pilgrims Board in Ilorin.

She assured me of a seat and helped a lot to see that things went well. I linked her up with Bello in Omuaran and all arrangement were completed.

The scheme nearly got k-legged when Aasiyat’s sons and other family members discovered she would travel to Mecca.

They started agitating against it but we were faster, alhamdulillah. ? We quickly ‘abducted’ Aasiyat from Omuaran, shipped her to Ilorin and hid her in a house until her day of departure to the Holy Land. Kudos to Fatima. What a great sister she is!

Aasiyat performed her hajj successfully without any hitch and returned from Mecca a very happy Muslim.

She was all smiles when I visited her. She held a ceremony, thanking God for that. The Muslim community of Omuaran continued to support her especially when she fell sick lately.

When we spoke last Monday, Saad told me she has recovered from a severe sickness. This morning, he told me that she relapsed and taken to a hospital in Ibadan, where she died last night.

The most interesting part was that she was blessed with the Kalimah as her last word. Mashaallah!

And so was the end, here, for her. I salute her resolve to live by her conviction as I saluted the Boko Haram abducted girl—Liya Sharibu—who refused to convert to Islam as demanded by her captors.

Aasiyat and the two cowives that died before her chose to remain Muslim. That is the power of conviction.

She would have succumbed to the pressure from her two sons—surely the dearest to her heart—both of whom are now pastors, converted to Christianity by Bishop Oyedepo.

No. She chose God over man and the Hereafter over the temporary glitters of this world. She died committed to her choice, a symbol of faith and conviction.

Sister Aasiyat Bello Oyedepo, the Princess of Islam, will be buried tomorrow afternoon in her native town of Omuaran.

Our sincere condolences go to the Muslim community of Omuaran and Kwara State in general, to all those who anchored her in faith, including Bello and Sister Fatima.

Our condolences also to the Oyedepos, including the Bishop David. . Amin yaa Rabb! ? Nothing is beyond Him.

May the Princess of the Faithful, Aasiyat, meet in Heaven the symbols of faith—her namesake and Virgin Mary—where they will together dwell in the gardens and rivers which their Lord promised the righteous:

“Lo! The righteous will dwell among gardens and rivers. Firmly established in the favour of a Mighty King.” (54:54-55). (flowerbudnews)

By Dr. Aliyu Tilde, Bauchi
you dont sound like a muslim else you would have threatened david with consequence of leaving islam which is death and why did you mrmention virgin mary?do u believe it ?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Step Mother -aasiyah Bello Oyedepo Died As A Muslim. by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 15, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Nah! A wasted life would be a life lived as a believer in Jesus Christ with an end in Hell.

Unbelievers have no place in Heaven or Hell because as God said, their end is the grave -they cease to exist once they die -there is no afterlife for such souls.

On the other hand, those who believe in Jesus Christ have eternal life which they can either spend in Heaven or in Hell and you would agree that it would b a waste to be gifted with eternity only to end up spending it in Hell with demons and the lot who also believe in Jesus Christ.

Deep truth my brother.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Step Mother -aasiyah Bello Oyedepo Died As A Muslim. by Asura: 10:30pm On Dec 15, 2020
Charleys:

Does it look like I wrote it? Can't you differentiate the names.

That piece is actually true. But that's not the point. My point is who ordained Oyedepo a Bishop?

If you go to some parts of Nigeria and say you are a pastor, the first question is who ordained you. You tell them and they make calls to confirm. Some pastors can trace their annointing to the early Christians aka pilgrims.

Now pastor Adeboye annointed Oyedepo as a pastor now how did he Oyedepo become a Bishop that's what I want to know.
My bad.
You seem very intelligent so I'll ask you one question, what do you hope to gain with all this?
Because from the looks of things, you already have a negative opinion of the bishop.

I'm not supporting the person in question though i just find it amazing how one sided all this is
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Step Mother -aasiyah Bello Oyedepo Died As A Muslim. by Heartbender: 11:11pm On Dec 15, 2020
Who anointed the "first bishop" ever?
Charleys:

Who annointed Oyedepo a Bishop…? I mean bishop, who made him a Bishop?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Step Mother -aasiyah Bello Oyedepo Died As A Muslim. by Heartbender: 11:19pm On Dec 15, 2020
So dining with sinners is tantamount to supporting their religious beliefs which may include, but not limited to, sponsoring their idolatrous journeys overseas? Who do you this thing?
paxonel:
It was very cordial!
Unbelievers invited Jesus and he happily dined and made friends with them, that is the spirit of Christianity.

The Bishop would have single handedly sponsored that old woman's trip to mecca if he wasn't a fundamentalist.

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Step Mother -aasiyah Bello Oyedepo Died As A Muslim. by paxonel(m): 12:30am On Dec 16, 2020
Heartbender:
So dining with sinners is tantamount to supporting their religious beliefs which may include, but not limited to, sponsoring their idolatrous journeys overseas? Who do you this thing?
who is talking about Jesus dinning with sinners why bringing sinners into this conversation, was this late step mum of Bishop oyedepo a sinner, what's her crime for being a Muslim?

I said unbelievers not sinners.

Luke 7:36 And one of the Pharisees desired him that he would eat with him. And he went into the Pharisee's house, and sat down to meat.

who were Pharisees in the bible
Were they not unbelievers of Jesus Christ who were never part of Jesus disciples?

If Bishop Oyedepo had tried to convince this woman to join Christianity and she says no, common sense demands that he should respect her religious view and threat her like a mother.
If she says she want to go to mecca there is nothing wrong for the Bishop to sponsor her trip as a mother. Infact, that single act alone may cause the woman to have a rethink

The very thing this Oyedepo is teaching you people na God go help Nigeria cheesy
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Step Mother -aasiyah Bello Oyedepo Died As A Muslim. by RiyadhGoddess(f): 7:02am On Dec 16, 2020
adeniyiayinde:

May he soon revert to Hasan before he leaves the glitters of this world behind. Amin yaa Rabb! ? Nothing is beyond Him.

Hassan ko Nissan Ni
You will till the end of the world
Shioooooor
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Step Mother -aasiyah Bello Oyedepo Died As A Muslim. by Truthissupreme: 8:10am On Dec 16, 2020
This same hypocrite Muslims fail to tell the world the fact that in Islam the penalty of leaving the cult is death as stipulated by the quran.

They may say did Muslims kill oyedepo (that is simply because Muslims are now contradicting what their own book says because they want to help Mohamed amend his 7th century book).

What Muslims expressly do to apostate today is to excommunicate them like lepers and cut supply of funds from them (in Saudi Arabia, etc beheading still takes place for leaving islam)

But they can make hypocrisy research on oyedepo for doing the same thing (not that oyedepo threatened the life of the woman)
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Step Mother -aasiyah Bello Oyedepo Died As A Muslim. by Charleys: 11:16am On Dec 16, 2020
Heartbender:
Who anointed the "first bishop" ever?

When Jesus annointed the twelve.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Step Mother -aasiyah Bello Oyedepo Died As A Muslim. by Charleys: 11:24am On Dec 16, 2020
Asura:

My bad.
You seem very intelligent so I'll ask you one question, what do you hope to gain with all this?
Because from the looks of things, you already have a negative opinion of the bishop.

I'm not supporting the person in question though i just find it amazing how one sided all this is

The truth is all there is to gain.
Truth is you don't know. I don't know, how come we don't know?
Because it's hidden for a reason, so we don't know.

If we don't know then it's a scam.
I know who ordained my pastor, I know who ordained the pastor who ordained my pastor just like that, there are archives of pictures, documents etc.

I'm not talking about a pastor who was angry about the church and left to form his own church (insurbodinate) so he can preach a different version of Christianity and swindle new converts out of their hard earned money.

Think about it. I'm beginning to think the bishop is a nickname or something, not a real bishop.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Step Mother -aasiyah Bello Oyedepo Died As A Muslim. by Charleys: 11:28am On Dec 16, 2020
paxonel:
It was very cordial!

At the bolded, why would the "bishop" do that?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Step Mother -aasiyah Bello Oyedepo Died As A Muslim. by paxonel(m): 11:45am On Dec 16, 2020
Charleys:

At the bolded, why would the "bishop" do that?
1. According to the op, the woman in a Muslim.
2. Muslims consider prilgrimage as one of their greatest religious obligation.
3. The woman in question is the Bishop's step mum and a family member
4. She was in need of a sponsorer
5. The Bishop had more than enough to sponsor her
6. The Bishop is a public figure and wouldn't want people to see him as a religious bigot and being discriminative against non Christians by refusing to sponsor her when the woman was in need simply because she is a Muslim
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Step Mother -aasiyah Bello Oyedepo Died As A Muslim. by Charleys: 1:02pm On Dec 16, 2020
paxonel:

1. According to the op, the woman in a Muslim.
2. Muslims consider prilgrimage as one of their greatest religious obligation.
3. The woman in question is the Bishop's step mum and a family member
4. She was in need of a sponsorer
5. The Bishop had more than enough to sponsor her
6. The Bishop is a public figure and wouldn't want people to see him as a religious bigot and being discriminative against non Christians by refusing to sponsor her when the woman was in need simply because she is a Muslim

Will a Muslim sponsor a Christian to Jerusalem?
Why not?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Step Mother -aasiyah Bello Oyedepo Died As A Muslim. by paxonel(m): 4:50pm On Dec 16, 2020
Charleys:

Will a Muslim sponsor a Christian to Jerusalem?
Why not?
ofcourse yes!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Step Mother -aasiyah Bello Oyedepo Died As A Muslim. by CodeTemplar: 5:10pm On Dec 16, 2020
paxonel:
It was very cordial!

So it is okay to sponsor what one doesn't believe in? That's why we are where we are today. Total switch off of the intellect when we hate the subject.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Step Mother -aasiyah Bello Oyedepo Died As A Muslim. by CodeTemplar: 5:16pm On Dec 16, 2020
paxonel:
who is talking about Jesus dinning with sinners why bringing sinners into this conversation, was this late step mum of Bishop oyedepo a sinner, what's her crime for being a Muslim?

I said unbelievers not sinners.

Luke 7:36 And one of the Pharisees desired him that he would eat with him. And he went into the Pharisee's house, and sat down to meat.

who were Pharisees in the bible
Were they not unbelievers of Jesus Christ who were never part of Jesus disciples?

If Bishop Oyedepo had tried to convince this woman to join Christianity and she says no, common sense demands that he should respect her religious view and threat her like a mother.
If she says she want to go to mecca there is nothing wrong for the Bishop to sponsor her trip as a mother. Infact, that single act alone may cause the woman to have a rethink

The very thing this Oyedepo is teaching you people na God go help Nigeria cheesy
In Bishops family there are other millionaires. Why is the focus only on a man who doesn't believe in Islam to start with.
@bold, why should he sponsor the destruction of a soul he should be loving? Trying to make the woman and he beliefs Oyedepo's financial responsibility, in order to blame him is daft at best. It is like begging a staunch Muslim for ogogoro money.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Quranic Poem / 10 Interesting Cases Of Supposed Reincarnation / Where Did Cain's 'wife' Emanate From?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.