Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

How Long Should It Take Before Agreeing To Meet Someone In Person. MATURE Respo - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Long Should It Take Before Agreeing To Meet Someone In Person. MATURE Respo (1052 Views)

For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? / After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids / Parents, Don't Allow Your Kids To Run To Meet You When You Return Home. See Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Should It Take Before Agreeing To Meet Someone In Person. MATURE Respo by Nobody: 8:00am On Dec 16, 2020
Please i want to have an idea of how long after being online friends with someone is ok to meet in person.

I asked this cause some men like to rush things by asking to see you few weeks after getting aquainted online abd making it look like you're the one delaying or you're not serious. And I'm not one to be in hurry to meet in person as I want to be sure area is cool and calm on the persons part and also be double sure of what he really wants and if he's for real.

So, how long is one suppose to let it linger on for before finally giving it a shot?

This is very urgent and important. Please treat as such. Mature responses only.

Thanks.
Re: How Long Should It Take Before Agreeing To Meet Someone In Person. MATURE Respo by Or11: 8:06am On Dec 16, 2020
There's no time frame and it depends on the individual. Women and men have left their countries to meet someone they met online after a few weeks and some it took years of phone calls and messages. If your heart says go for it then go for it

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Should It Take Before Agreeing To Meet Someone In Person. MATURE Respo by donbachi(m): 8:10am On Dec 16, 2020
After u go come here to complain how u escaped ritualist..I go advice u shun dat meeting.

1 Like

Re: How Long Should It Take Before Agreeing To Meet Someone In Person. MATURE Respo by jidamsel43(m): 8:16am On Dec 16, 2020
It depends on you and the person you intend to see. It would have been appropriate to see man earlier if you had a physical contact before. The online or social media conversation is riddled with fake and spurious intention. Most of online dating didn't end on a happy note. Make you findings first about the person. Don't be in a rush to visit a man you meet online because some ritualists are scavenging for prey on social media. Though, I don't know you from Adam, I wish I have done my part to save a soul from untimely death

1 Like

Re: How Long Should It Take Before Agreeing To Meet Someone In Person. MATURE Respo by Fvckhypocrite(f): 8:21am On Dec 16, 2020
Matured response only yen yen yen yen
Twueeh

Awon after 5

1 Like

Re: How Long Should It Take Before Agreeing To Meet Someone In Person. MATURE Respo by Nicoswit(m): 8:23am On Dec 16, 2020
A month is okay

1 Like

Re: How Long Should It Take Before Agreeing To Meet Someone In Person. MATURE Respo by Nobody: 8:24am On Dec 16, 2020
Or11:
There's no time frame and it depends on the individual. Women and men have left their countries to meet someone they met online after a few weeks and some it took years of phone calls and messages. If your heart says go for it then go for it

Ok. It's just that one may not know if when the heart says go is actually the right time to go.

Thanks for this.
Re: How Long Should It Take Before Agreeing To Meet Someone In Person. MATURE Respo by Nobody: 8:25am On Dec 16, 2020
donbachi:
After u go come here to complain how u escaped ritualist..I go advice u shun dat meeting.

I reject ritual case in my life and generation. In Jesus name.
Re: How Long Should It Take Before Agreeing To Meet Someone In Person. MATURE Respo by donbachi(m): 8:28am On Dec 16, 2020
CalliDora1:

I reject ritual case in my life and generation. In Jesus name.
Amen..so,no go.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Should It Take Before Agreeing To Meet Someone In Person. MATURE Respo by Nobody: 8:31am On Dec 16, 2020
jidamsel43:
It depends on you and the person you intend to see. It would have been appropriate to see man earlier if you had a physical contact before. The online or social media conversation is riddled with fake and spurious intention. Most of online dating didn't end on a happy note. Make you findings first about the person. Don't be in a rush to visit a man you meet online because some ritualists are scavenging for prey on social media. Though, I don't know you from Adam, I wish I have done my part to save a soul from untimely death

The issue of ritual is totally ruled out as I don't meet people in their area but mine or a central and open place. plus God on my side.

If you say it depends on the person and me, then I'm still puzzled because the major concern here is not being rushed to meet and depending on the person will now mean giving in to their rush.

I mean, being specific like one, two, three months?

Thanks. I really appreciate your advice.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: How Long Should It Take Before Agreeing To Meet Someone In Person. MATURE Respo by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 16, 2020
donbachi:
Amen..so,no go.

Lol.. ok, Sir.
Re: How Long Should It Take Before Agreeing To Meet Someone In Person. MATURE Respo by ahnie: 8:34am On Dec 16, 2020
grin

1 Like

Re: How Long Should It Take Before Agreeing To Meet Someone In Person. MATURE Respo by Nobody: 8:35am On Dec 16, 2020
Nicoswit:
A month is okay

Oh... Really? Was thinking it's too short.

Anyways, thanks.

1 Like

Re: How Long Should It Take Before Agreeing To Meet Someone In Person. MATURE Respo by internationalman(m): 8:35am On Dec 16, 2020
I'm the guy... I'm not interested in meeting you
Re: How Long Should It Take Before Agreeing To Meet Someone In Person. MATURE Respo by Nobody: 8:38am On Dec 16, 2020
internationalman:

You wish. tongue
Re: How Long Should It Take Before Agreeing To Meet Someone In Person. MATURE Respo by gfon(m): 8:39am On Dec 16, 2020
Is it because this our meeting you had to bring the issue to nairaland. Babe why na?
Re: How Long Should It Take Before Agreeing To Meet Someone In Person. MATURE Respo by internationalman(m): 8:42am On Dec 16, 2020
CalliDora1:

You wish. tongue

No, you wish instead...
Re: How Long Should It Take Before Agreeing To Meet Someone In Person. MATURE Respo by Hathor5(f): 8:44am On Dec 16, 2020
If I were you, I would meet the guy as soon as possible to find out if the chemistry between us is right. People always look different in person than in pictures. Don't text/call each other for weeks only for you to meet him and figure out that he is either too short or smells or walks funny or lacks manners or whatever, you name it.

Just make sure you meet him in a public place where you are safe.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Should It Take Before Agreeing To Meet Someone In Person. MATURE Respo by pocohantas(f): 8:48am On Dec 16, 2020
If you are in the same locality, meet him ASAP. It could be lunch or dinner date. Mental attraction is one thing, physical attraction is another. Do not joke with the latter...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Should It Take Before Agreeing To Meet Someone In Person. MATURE Respo by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 16, 2020
Hathor5:
If I were you, I would meet the guy as soon as possible to find out if the chemistry between us is right. People always look different in person than in pictures. There is also no need to be talking for weeks only for you to meet him to figure out that he is either too short or smells or walks funny or lacks manners or whatever, you name it.

Just make sure you meet him in a public place where you are safe.

Lol.. won't that be so fast?

Though theres a lot of sense at the bolden. Hmm.. this one is another high jump now cause I was thinking I could still delay it a bit but those things you pointed out are very valid and have always been my secret fears and concern. Hmm...

Thanks Hathor5.
Re: How Long Should It Take Before Agreeing To Meet Someone In Person. MATURE Respo by Hathor5(f): 8:54am On Dec 16, 2020
CalliDora1:

Lol.. won't that be so fast?

Though theres a lot of sense at the bolden. Hmm.. this one is another high jump now cause I was thinking I could still push it but those things you pointed out are always my secret fears and concern. Hmm...

Thanks Hathor5.

Imagine a world without internet and online dating. How would/did people meet? In person. There is no too soon. You can text/call each other for 2-3 weeks to figure out if you are on the same page regarding the general stuff but then go and see if he is indeed your type.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Should It Take Before Agreeing To Meet Someone In Person. MATURE Respo by Nobody: 8:57am On Dec 16, 2020
pocohantas:
If you are in the same locality, meet him ASAP. It could be lunch or dinner date. Mental attraction is one thing, physical attraction is another. Do not joke with the latter...

Ok, your concurring with Hathor5? Hmm.. coming from the girls now, I think I might reconsider the time frame.

Thanks poco.
Re: How Long Should It Take Before Agreeing To Meet Someone In Person. MATURE Respo by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 16, 2020
Hathor5:

Imagine a world without internet and online dating. How would/did people meet? In person. There is no too soon. You can text/call each other for 2-3 weeks to figure out if you are on the same page regarding the general stuff but then go and see if he is indeed your type.

Yeah.. before now, it was meeting straight up in person. So no cause for alarm. this is so on point, Hathor5..

Thanks dearie.

1 Like

Re: How Long Should It Take Before Agreeing To Meet Someone In Person. MATURE Respo by ABOVEDELAW: 10:26am On Dec 16, 2020
THERE SHOULD BE NO TIME FRAME BUT AS A LADY LET HIM COME AND MEET YOU AT YOUR CONVENIENT LOCATION AT LEAST TWICE BEFORE YOU START THINKING OF GOING TO MEET HIM.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Should It Take Before Agreeing To Meet Someone In Person. MATURE Respo by adenike21273: 10:29am On Dec 16, 2020
Re: How Long Should It Take Before Agreeing To Meet Someone In Person. MATURE Respo by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 16, 2020
ABOVEDELAW:
THERE SHOULD NO TIME FRAME BUT AS A LADY LET HIM COME AND MEET YOU AT YOUR CONVENIENT LOCATION AT LEAST TWICE BEFORE YOU START THINKING OF GOING TO MEET HIM.

Ok.
O yeah, the bolded is for sure?

Thanks.
Re: How Long Should It Take Before Agreeing To Meet Someone In Person. MATURE Respo by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 10:31am On Dec 16, 2020
CalliDora1:
Please i want to have an idea of how long after being online friends with someone is ok to meet in person.

I asked this cause some men like to rush things by asking to see you few weeks after getting aquainted online abd making it look like you're the one delaying or you're not serious. And I'm not one to be in hurry to meet in person as I want to be sure area is cool and calm on the persons part and also be double sure of what he really wants and if he's for real.

So, how long is one suppose to let it linger on for before finally giving it a shot?

Thanks.
You deh marina and I dey computer village. You still come NL seeking for advice b4 visiting me DORA. I no do again.
Re: How Long Should It Take Before Agreeing To Meet Someone In Person. MATURE Respo by bigdammyj: 11:34am On Dec 16, 2020
Noted

When your heart is ready
Re: How Long Should It Take Before Agreeing To Meet Someone In Person. MATURE Respo by frozen70(f): 9:57pm On Dec 16, 2020
CalliDora1:

Thanks.

The time frame to meet someone can't be calculated

Men especially wants to meet a lady they have not seen but been chatting with

The next thing after meet will surprise you

But be discipline with yourself, just be guided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Save My Wife / What I Hate About My Husband / Names And Contact Of National Courier Companies In Ghana,south Africa,kenya ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.