Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,640 members, 7,955,332 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:06 PM

Ondo Varsity Expels Student, Returns Fees As Mother Attacks Founder - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ondo Varsity Expels Student, Returns Fees As Mother Attacks Founder (1069 Views)

Philip Okafor: UNIBEN Student Returns A Missing Wallet With Money (Photo) / Babcock Expels Student In The Leaked Sex Video / College Of Education Akamkpa Expels Student For Refusal To Sing National Anthem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo Varsity Expels Student, Returns Fees As Mother Attacks Founder by JOTE(m): 8:01am On Dec 16, 2020
Peter Dada , Akure

The Achievers University, Owo , Ondo State on Monday said it has expelled one of its students in the Department of Nursing Science over an alleged involvement of her mother in an act of indiscipline.

The institution also said the two -year tuition that had been paid by the 200 - Level student was returned to her after the expulsion .

The Founder and Pro - Chancellor of the institution, Dr Bode Ayorinde, made this known during the maiden induction of 74 nursing graduates of the institution, held on the campus of the institution.

Ayorinde stated that, prior to the action of the university , the mother of the expelled students had insulted him (Ayorinde) severally via WhatsApp messages, protesting why her daughter should have three carryovers.

He said, “ Remember our middle name is integrity . We want to appreciate our parents for trusting in the school . You have a choice to go elsewhere. An incident happened two days ago .

“ A 200 Level student in Nursing Science Department had three carryovers. I don’ t teach you , I only superintendent over council and our responsibility is to provide all things you need so that you can do well.

“ Her mother took to my WhatsApp and lambasted me , abused me thoroughly on why her daughter should have carryovers. And I replied that perhaps you want to buy a certificate , we are not selling certificates . If you want to buy a certificate , go elsewhere. We impart knowledge and anybody who fails has an opportunity to do it again .

“ She used unprintable names on me. And we have asked the student to withdraw for indiscipline of her parent . Not only withdrawal, I have asked the bursary to return all her two -year tuition .”

https://punchng.com/ondo-varsity-expels-student-returns-fees-as-mother-attacks-founder/
Re: Ondo Varsity Expels Student, Returns Fees As Mother Attacks Founder by osamz007: 8:03am On Dec 16, 2020
YOU KNOW THE RULES OF A SCHOOL AND YOU STILL GO AGAINST THEM. LIKE WTF

YOU KNOW SAY COVENANT UNIVERSITY STRICT YOU GO SEND YOUR PIKIN THERE THEN STILL DEY COMPLAIN WHEN OFFA POLYTECHNIC NEVER FULL

1 Like

Re: Ondo Varsity Expels Student, Returns Fees As Mother Attacks Founder by donbachi(m): 8:06am On Dec 16, 2020
Wetin dem achieve na.
Re: Ondo Varsity Expels Student, Returns Fees As Mother Attacks Founder by Karlifate: 8:42am On Dec 16, 2020

Her mother took to my WhatsApp and lambasted me, abused me thoroughly on why her daughter should have carryovers.
The apple does NOT fall far from the tree.

“She used unprintable names on me. And we have asked the student to withdraw for indiscipline of her parent. Not only withdrawal, I have asked the bursary to return all her two-year tuition.”
Good one. grin
Action speaks louder than tantrums. cheesy cheesy

Re: Ondo Varsity Expels Student, Returns Fees As Mother Attacks Founder by Freestainworld(m): 8:58am On Dec 16, 2020
Empty headed students will blame almost the whole lecturers for their failures.
Re: Ondo Varsity Expels Student, Returns Fees As Mother Attacks Founder by obyrich(m): 11:19am On Dec 16, 2020
This is commendable. Some parents think University is same as Private Secondary School
Re: Ondo Varsity Expels Student, Returns Fees As Mother Attacks Founder by AKWATGOLD1(m): 11:49am On Dec 16, 2020
INTEGRITY IS KEY.

THANK YOU.
Re: Ondo Varsity Expels Student, Returns Fees As Mother Attacks Founder by DenreleDave(m): 12:33pm On Dec 16, 2020
Nice one.... Blacklist her from the school and the state
Re: Ondo Varsity Expels Student, Returns Fees As Mother Attacks Founder by DaInferno(m): 4:02pm On Dec 16, 2020
does a parent have the right to question a school over her child's performance?? I think parents gotto know why their children failed!

and does a school have the rights to withdraw a child over a parents "comment" on WhatsApp??

my take on this is the mother shouldn't have insulted him though, atleast there is a stage you reach and handle things without behaving like a taut!
Re: Ondo Varsity Expels Student, Returns Fees As Mother Attacks Founder by Davoneskay(m): 4:47pm On Dec 16, 2020
The Pro-Chancellor, Ayorinde, must be high on cow dung. He is a misfit for such school �. This dude has done nothing to move the citadel of learning forward. He was in the House of Representatives, yet, nothing to show for it. The last time I visited the school, it looked like a Day-care building. Nothing seems to work over there. Why won't a parent lambast use.

Funnily, your WhatsApp line be like pure water. Na everybody get am. Can anyhow person has access to public university VC WhatsApp line? Not to talk of the Pro-Chancellor.

To the stubborn madam and her olodo daughter, u would have gotten carryover in all ur courses had u attended a public varsity. So u should have been grateful.

That name - Dada, sounded like one Geology Department lecturer in day school.
Re: Ondo Varsity Expels Student, Returns Fees As Mother Attacks Founder by mytime24(f): 6:59pm On Dec 16, 2020
Here to read comments
Re: Ondo Varsity Expels Student, Returns Fees As Mother Attacks Founder by backnbeta(f): 10:58am On Nov 25, 2021
She should have been called before a disciplinary committee and given the right to a fair hearing IMO. Her mother could just be the overzealous type undecided

(1) (Reply)

List Of All Universities That Have Annonce Their Resumtion Date / HELP!!! I Need My Certificate And Transcripts From O.O.U (ago-iwoye) / Is It Possible to Graduate With 2.1 In FUOYE Hnd/bsc Top Up Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.