Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? (33347 Views)

The Amount Professional Footballers, Pay For Receiving Yellow Or Red Cards / SHAKHTAR DONETSK PLAYER, ALAN PATRICK AGE FRAUD EXPOSED (PICS) / 10 Footballers Whose Greed And Lifestyle Ruined Their Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by farouk2much(m): 3:18pm On Dec 16, 2020
footballers are using fake age.. BUFFON is younger than american actor, comedian KEVIN HART
Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by Beverlyjean(f): 3:20pm On Dec 16, 2020
Europeans hv a data base

Ronaldo and young mbappe
Suarez and young de ligt

1 Like

Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by tot(f): 3:20pm On Dec 16, 2020
Tripitaka:

I didn't upload those pictures. The moderator probably edited my post.

Oh okay, didn't realise mods could do that.
Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by CSTRR: 3:24pm On Dec 16, 2020
There is no difference between South America And Africa.

90% of them are age cheats.

All of them are playing football to escape poverty.

Europe is more accurate with their age.

1 Like

Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by lesson44: 3:24pm On Dec 16, 2020
I totally disagree with you. Firstly, in the west everyone knows everyone age from nursery school. Secondly your birth certificate is recorded from the day you are born, you have no way to change that.. and finally, doing activities for fun and doing it as a form of work is two different things. As work, you are forced to practice every day you like it or not.
Trust me, if you are put on a schedule to pick money from the street for free, it’s just a matter of time before you get tired of the routine.
Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by saajus: 3:24pm On Dec 16, 2020
Football is different from football. If you play competitive football for 3 years, it's like playing for 10 years on the streets. How many street soccer do people trackback, slide tackle, and play like their lives depend on the game. How many km do you cover per street game? Do we even play street games on the standard pitch dimension?

In competitive football, you will pull muscles, break bones, pick diverse injuries. In the long run, those wear and tear will have huge effects on your body. According to research, football players start declining when they are 30. Remember, there are always exceptions, like Messi, Zlatan, Ronaldo, and many defenders. Central defenders (not LB or RB) and Goalies last longer because they don't run like midfielders and forwards.. 30yr old and above players have small values and some clubs won't give them long term contracts. Arsenal thought Chelsea is stupid not to give Willian a 3-yr contract. Now, they know why. The guy will be unsellable and they will pay him in full even if he's no longer contributing anything reasonable to their team.

Most of our shining stars in under 17 or under 20 that we always thought we kill it in the world of football don't last for 5yrs because they are already in their mid or late 20's when they represent.

creolehunt:

Lol. They all lie about their age, whether African, Asian or European. Just very few of them are innocent of this. Come to my street and see 40yr old men playing almost every evening. Despite the rough tackles and bruises.

5 Likes

Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by Tripitaka: 3:24pm On Dec 16, 2020
Claudiusdeux:

Well

1.Your cousin is not also playing international football during weekdays. Many of these players have played internaitonal football several times over the past few months. Cheslea has several players who are internaitonals for their country

2.Your cousin does not train like a professional footballer. Professional footballers also do hours upon hours of training...in addtion to the regular training they do for games. That tries them out.They ahve to do fitness training and football training....because they have to be at the top of their game constantly

3.In addtion to international matches, Cheslea players also play in the Champions leauge, that's addtional football training.

4.Also, how long does your borther play. Street football is not always 90 minutes, plus it is played at a slower pace, than the football played in the Premier league (and English football is typically fast).

On average, a Premier league player for Cheslea since the season came back, has to play football at least 3-4 times a week, 90 minutes, and in order to play that footy, he has to travel constantly...especially when he is playing Champions league and Internaitonals.

Far more than your bro who only plays two games of footy, at not quite the same pace, twice a week, and does not have to travel to Kano to play in the Aiteo cup, and then Lagos to play in the MTN cup...and to Abdijan to play for Nigeria on Wednesday....

And let's not forget..the FA and League cup are coming up...more games.

I get your point but the fact that these professional footballers get the best of everything which the street footballer doesn't, should compensate for everything.

They have access to world class training grounds, clinically designed pitches, personalized training routine, top psychologists, top nutritionists and dietitians plus top sporting gears that have been designed to bring the best out of them.

You said they play 3-4 times a week, I hope you know that's an overstatement. Typically, teams play once a week, apart from weeks when they have to play in Europe or midweek league games. Rarely does a team play thrice in a week.

1 Like

Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by Ykc2(m): 3:24pm On Dec 16, 2020
creolehunt:

Lol. They all lie about their age, whether African, Asian or European. Just very few of them are innocent of this. Come to my street and see 40yr old men playing almost every evening. Despite the rough tackles and bruises.
oga Europe cheat for age ,David alaba i meet him when him papa dey carry him come nnewi guy shop for Vienna to cut his hair,for Europe they don't care about under age football the way Nigeria is mad about it,I senior my oga for where I dey work but he still dey believe say I be young man ,ask a girl here her age she will tell you sofort, how you want cheat when your teacher know everything about you,
Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 16, 2020
Tripitaka:

There are some though who I believe are honest with their age. What beats me is why a footballer will retire around 34 to 35 considering they have everything to enable them play into their 40s. Unless age is against them, you know one can't cheat nature.

Nb: I wonder why my OP was edited to add a picture that doesn't even strengthen my argument
You can't compare international football players to local football players, those international players fly over seas, 2-3 times a week just to meet up schedules, some have injuries which result to surgery, the pressure to perform due to your weekly earnings and cost of how much the players was bought, pressure from coaches and fans due to players performance.
So all these are usually in checks, that's why they rotate players but they don't rotate some important key players, in some important match every time.
Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Dec 16, 2020
Tripitaka:

I get your point but the fact that these professional footballers get the best of everything which the street footballer doesn't, should compensate for everything.

They have access to world class training grounds, clinically designed pitches, personalized training routine, top psychologists, top nutritionists and dietitians plus top sporting gears that have been designed to bring the best out of them.

You said they play 3-4 times a week, I hope you know that's an overstatement. Typically, teams play once a week, apart from weeks when they have to play in Europe or midweek league games. Rarely does a team play thrice in a week.

It doesn't . It just keeps them fit to play at a higher level than the sttreet footballer...which is why your cousin won't just walk off the street to play for Chelsea tomorrow).

And Chelsea does have a busy schedule.....football at least twice a week in addition to the training...plus for champ[ions league they have to travel. Internationals too is another matter.
Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by 9icetoo(m): 3:28pm On Dec 16, 2020
Tripitaka:
Every weekend i watch the EPL, i keep pondering on this. Are European footballers really innocent of Age Fraud as the media will like us to believe? Is age fraud really just an African or South American thing?

I just read where Lampard was blaming fatigue for his players inability to perform in the defeat against Wolves and I couldn't help but wonder where the fatigue stemmed from exactly. They last played on Saturday against Everton which gives them 3 solid days to rest, yet these guys say they are fatigued? How?

Football is played for 90mins split into two halves of 45mins with a 15min break between halves. Yet, they talk about fatigue? Mind you, they do not run marathons on the pitch, for the most part, they jog around, sometimes walk, they only move at full speed when going on counters or trying to stop one. So how cant these guys perform optimally twice in a week?

For context, I have a cousin who is a football freak. At 33, he plays on Friday evenings and Sunday mornings every week. But never says he is too tired to play the next week. How then can a professional footballer who has access to world class training grounds, clinically designed pitches, personalized training routine, top psychologists, top nutritionists and dietitians, top sporting gears that have been designed to bring the best out of them tell me he is too tired too play, unless his biological clock is ticking.

The local street footballers even play everyday on tattered boots, terrible ground with zero protection. Most of them do menial jobs, eat carbohydrate laden foods 80% of the time, have no rest, yet can play for 2hrs everyday.

How can a footballer retire at 33 to 35 saying he can't play a 90mins game anymore for once a week? I really can't wrap my head around this. Personally, I believe most of them may not be as young as they will like us to believe.
I'm not a professional footballer but let me she'd some light.
1. European footballers mostly do not cheat on their age. Everything about them is in the system. Over there, it is very difficult to cheat the system. Integrity is valued.
2. A professional footballer trains hard between games. So between Saturday games and Tuesday games, he trains on Sunday and Monday. The trainings are intensive. It involves lots of drills and tactic sessions. That your cousin will faint during these sessions alone not to talk of actual match.
3. Your cousin plays with amateurs who are not as intense as professionals. It may look easy to you when you see footballers shuffling around on the pitch and breaking into a sprint every now and again. Trust me, the day your cousin shares a pitch with these professionals, he will beg to be substituted after thirty minutes. He won't keep up.
His fitness levels won't be up to scratch.
4. As you age, the density of your fast twitch muscle fibers reduce and they reduce quite significantly as you go over 30years.
This affects some people more than others.
This is the reason you don't see thirty something year old champion sprinters in athletics, swimming and all other sports that require major use of the fast twitching muscle fibers.
Ronaldo has gotten slower. Messi is slower.
5. When these players have slowed down significantly and can't keep up with their mates, they retire.
6. After weeks and months of playing too many games, fatigue sets in. It's natural. The human body is a complex machine. You can't cheat nature.

5 Likes

Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by Tripitaka: 3:30pm On Dec 16, 2020
tot:

Oh okay, didn't realise mods could do that.

I was surprised to see the image added to the OP. An image I've never seen. What even makes it more curious is the fact that I can't edit the post.
Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by Tats(m): 3:31pm On Dec 16, 2020
ednut1:
They have database. You cannot forge age na. In their primary and secondary schools every one in a class is the same age. So how you wan fake the age

Best response!
Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by tot(f): 3:31pm On Dec 16, 2020
Tripitaka:

I was surprised to see the image added to the OP. An image I've never seen. What even makes it more curious is the fact that I can't edit the post.

Are you serious? But you created the thread! These mods, na wa o.
Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by tot(f): 3:32pm On Dec 16, 2020
ednut1:
They have database. You cannot forge age na. In their primary and secondary schools every one in a class is the same age. So how you wan fake the age

most but not everyone.
Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by stagger: 3:32pm On Dec 16, 2020
PenuelFarms:
Most of you guys must have forgotten the Saudi team that knocked Nigeria out at the quarter-final stage of the FIFA JVC U-16 World Cup, Scotland 1989. Saudi Arabia went on to win the tournament. I don't think any one in the Saudi team should be less than 23-24.

That experience with Saudi Arabia shows clearly that values are quite separate from religion.

I remember watching that match and wondering how those "U-16"guys were all carrying moustache and beards?
Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by Glaswegian: 3:33pm On Dec 16, 2020
Professional football is different from street football. I am 38, and I play football every weekend. I have played football almost every single weekend in the past 10 years.

But I will not deceive myself to say I can play professional football. Football is their own day job, they train everyday, unlike we that play only once or twice a week.

OP assumes they only play football on match days. Nah, they train almost everyday. It is not just match days.

And the tempo in a professional football game is different from that of playing football for fun.

Professional football is serious work.

5 Likes

Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Dec 16, 2020
PenuelFarms:
Most of you guys must have forgotten the Saudi team that knocked Nigeria out at the quarter-final stage of the FIFA JVC U-16 World Cup, Scotland 1989. Saudi Arabia went on to win the tournament. I don't think any one in the Saudi team should be less than 23-24.

That experience with Saudi Arabia shows clearly that values are quite separate from religion.
stagger:

I remember watching that match and wondering how those "U-16"guys were all carrying mustache and beards?

It is possible....with good nutrition , for a teenager to achieve puberty at an earlier age...and yes, grow facial hair.

Them Saudis were probably eating well...after all they are an oil producing nation that produces 11 million barrels of crude a day for a very small population......

But still, in the era before MRI...

i FOUND THEIR PIC...some of them look suspicious. cheesy

Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Dec 16, 2020
Tripitaka:
Every weekend i watch the EPL, i keep pondering on this. Are European footballers really innocent of Age Fraud as the media will like us to believe? Is age fraud really just an African or South American thing?

I just read where Lampard was blaming fatigue for his players inability to perform in the defeat against Wolves and I couldn't help but wonder where the fatigue stemmed from exactly. They last played on Saturday against Everton which gives them 3 solid days to rest, yet these guys say they are fatigued? How?

Football is played for 90mins split into two halves of 45mins with a 15min break between halves. Yet, they talk about fatigue? Mind you, they do not run marathons on the pitch, for the most part, they jog around, sometimes walk, they only move at full speed when going on counters or trying to stop one. So how cant these guys perform optimally twice in a week?

For context, I have a cousin who is a football freak. At 33, he plays on Friday evenings and Sunday mornings every week. But never says he is too tired to play the next week. How then can a professional footballer who has access to world class training grounds, clinically designed pitches, personalized training routine, top psychologists, top nutritionists and dietitians, top sporting gears that have been designed to bring the best out of them tell me he is too tired too play, unless his biological clock is ticking.

The local street footballers even play everyday on tattered boots, terrible ground with zero protection. Most of them do menial jobs, eat carbohydrate laden foods 80% of the time, have no rest, yet can play for 2hrs everyday.

How can a footballer retire at 33 to 35 saying he can't play a 90mins game anymore for once a week? I really can't wrap my head around this. Personally, I believe most of them may not be as young as they will like us to believe.

European countries have database, they cant forge their names
Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by elpochas: 3:39pm On Dec 16, 2020
Na Naby Keita own dy vex me pass,how can that guy not be up to 35.Thats why dude is always injured.

1 Like

Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by ggood: 3:39pm On Dec 16, 2020
Adama Traoré Diarra this bastard claim he is 24

2 Likes

Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by ggood: 3:45pm On Dec 16, 2020
babzo:
Difficult to do age cheat in the West. The day you are born, multiple records of your birth are made to different government establishments.
E.g. in the US, your local government school district will start hinting your family when it's time for primary school etc, how did they know your age? It's been sent every where.
At what point would a person start lying then?
When you are 23 and what to pretend you are 13? With all the record keeping, etc.
Every school in the West also has class photographs every year. If you are 13 in the equivalent of JS2 or 3; at 24 you want to claim JS2 again?
Age sports in the West is also by school. Infact all the sports in the West are by school. To get into the NFL ( National Football League), you must have gone to University, infact I think even to get into Major League Soccer.

Every American has a Social Security Number with your date of birth; it can't be changed. I believe similar in Europe.

The difference is diet. Check a 14 year old in America or England who was born there and if he has cousins that are same age in Ghana or Nigeria.
If our kids eat balanced diet, we can have 16 year old too who are developed.
Eating a bowl or eba with 1 meat at night won't make you develop well.
grin
babzo:
Difficult to do age cheat in the West. The day you are born, multiple records of your birth are made to different government establishments.
E.g. in the US, your local government school district will start hinting your family when it's time for primary school etc, how did they know your age? It's been sent every where.
At what point would a person start lying then?
When you are 23 and what to pretend you are 13? With all the record keeping, etc.
Every school in the West also has class photographs every year. If you are 13 in the equivalent of JS2 or 3; at 24 you want to claim JS2 again?
Age sports in the West is also by school. Infact all the sports in the West are by school. To get into the NFL ( National Football League), you must have gone to University, infact I think even to get into Major League Soccer.

Every American has a Social Security Number with your date of birth; it can't be changed. I believe similar in Europe.

The difference is diet. Check a 14 year old in America or England who was born there and if he has cousins that are same age in Ghana or Nigeria.
If our kids eat balanced diet, we can have 16 year old too who are developed.
Eating a bowl or eba with 1 meat at night won't make you develop well.

1 Like

Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by DaSailor: 3:47pm On Dec 16, 2020
I no know sha, but to cheat for Europe go hard, cos as dem born you that day you don enter system.
Then comes when you enrol for school(KG, Pro or Secondary), your date of birth must be same.
You think say Rooney or Beckham mate go keep quiet when he finds out he is now 6 years older than both of them when they attended same primary school?
Na so for 2005 my primary school captain go AYC U-20 for Benin Republic and all of a sudden I was 6 years older than him when in reality he is a year older than I am, he was 25 then and he claimed he was 19!!

3 Likes

Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by PropertyVendor(m): 3:48pm On Dec 16, 2020
Beverlyjean:
Europeans hv a data base

Ronaldo and young mbappe
Suarez and young de ligt

Then they should be able to play till their forties.. since it's their real age and not retire at 34 or 33
Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by Kingstanding: 3:49pm On Dec 16, 2020
creolehunt:

. Are you telling me that European too will lie about their age? How are they going to do it from the European data base?

1 Like

Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Dec 16, 2020
DaSailor:
I no know sha, but to cheat for Europe go hard, cos as dem born you that day you don enter system.
Then comes when you enrol for school(KG, Pro or Secondary), your date of birth must be same.
You think say Rooney or Beckham mate go keep quiet when he finds out he is now 6 years older than both of them when they attended same primary school?
Na so for 2005 my primary school captain go AYC U-20 for Benin Republic and all of a sudden I was 6 years older than him when in reality he is a year older than I am, he was 25 then and he claimed he was 19!!

Lol..if that happened..all Rooney's mate needs to do is to place a call to the nearest tabloid like the Sun, and say 'Have i got a story for you'....... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Dec 16, 2020
Apart from age some of these footballers night club too much and engage in other activities that tell on them.If at point when u should be resting you are at night club drinking heavily and engaging in all sort of activities that will sap ur strenght u would become fagged out when the main event comes.Lets an example of christiano ronaldo.He is getting older but then he is getting better and stronger.He's an athlete known not to joke with his rest and he"s strict with his diet as well.So yes age might not really be what is fagging them out.At a period when u are on a football assignment ur night clubbing should reduce and ur diet must be on point.if u follow it up even at 55 u will be running the whole field at outpacing guys in their late teens and early 20s cheesy.

1 Like

Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by TruthHurts1(m): 3:52pm On Dec 16, 2020
Lack of intelligence is indeed a curse. Someone actually thinks that playing football recreationally, is the same as doing it PROFESSIONALLY! grin

Practically all of the best known European and South American footballers have their birthdates in the public domain because they joined clubs at very young ages, usually before the age of 10. There is a lot of video footage showing the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Zlatan, Rooney, Sergio Ramos etc as 7 year olds and even younger.
Not everyone is as backward and dishonest as your overrated beloved African footballers.

Tripitaka:

1 Like

Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by Kingstanding: 3:52pm On Dec 16, 2020
pickatyouu:
Some south americans and some europeans also falsify age, it's a general thing just that africa took it way over board to give them selves more time to hustle and make it.
. That maybe Eastern Europe not Western Europe ok.
Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by mokkalu1(m): 3:52pm On Dec 16, 2020
Tripitaka:

There are some though who I believe are honest with their age. What beats me is why a footballer will retire around 34 to 35 considering they have everything to enable them play into their 40s. Unless age is against them, you know one can't cheat nature.

Nb: I wonder why my OP was edited to add a picture that doesn't even strengthen my argument
You can't play football into late 30s. It's an intensive sport. Your muscle strength starts declining after 30. Speed reduces very well too. Those men can still be very skillful, but most can't handle the physical requirement of high-profile matches.
Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by Beverlyjean(f): 3:55pm On Dec 16, 2020
PropertyVendor:

Then they should be able to play till their forties.. since it's their real age and not retire at 34 or 33

U dont expect them to still play with high intensity at that age ....u cant compare playing professional with playing with friends... I dont think at 35, it wud b easy competing with 23yr olds ... only keepers stay longer cis they don't play on field
Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 16, 2020
mokkalu1:

You can't play football into late 30s. It's an intensive sport. Your muscle strength starts declining after 30. Speed reduces very well too. Those men can still be very skillful, but most can handle the physical requirement of high-profile matches.

Depends...

Giggs played until he was 38 (he did a lot of yoga, and ate healthily, which helped) as did Totti. Sheringham played till he was 40. Football great Eusebio of Portugal played till he was 39. Sir Stanley Matthews played till he was 48.Pele played till he was 37.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs France: Sat Guru Maharaji Predicts Victory For Super Eagles / Alex Iwobi Shares Photo Of His Family (Photo) / Kanu Nwankwo Visits Ooni Of Ife, Oba Enitan Oogunwusi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.