Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,095 members, 7,825,456 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? (33368 Views)

The Amount Professional Footballers, Pay For Receiving Yellow Or Red Cards / SHAKHTAR DONETSK PLAYER, ALAN PATRICK AGE FRAUD EXPOSED (PICS) / 10 Footballers Whose Greed And Lifestyle Ruined Their Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Dec 16, 2020
Joseph Minala is the one that killed me! grin grin
Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by Ifybwoy7: 3:59pm On Dec 16, 2020
Praktikals:
If Victor Emanayo is 23 in that pix, then I m still a foetus angry
Victor better oh. you see that zobi guy.
Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by galaxy2020(m): 3:59pm On Dec 16, 2020
Even buhari lied about his age, so it's common in Africa.
Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by Xpress24(m): 4:00pm On Dec 16, 2020
babzo:
Difficult to do age cheat in the West. The day you are born, multiple records of your birth are made to different government establishments.
E.g. in the US, your local government school district will start hinting your family when it's time for primary school etc, how did they know your age? It's been sent every where.
At what point would a person start lying then?
When you are 23 and what to pretend you are 13? With all the record keeping, etc.
Every school in the West also has class photographs every year. If you are 13 in the equivalent of JS2 or 3; at 24 you want to claim JS2 again?
Age sports in the West is also by school. Infact all the sports in the West are by school. To get into the NFL ( National Football League), you must have gone to University, infact I think even to get into Major League Soccer.

Every American has a Social Security Number with your date of birth; it can't be changed. I believe similar in Europe.

The difference is diet. Check a 14 year old in America or England who was born there and if he has cousins that are same age in Ghana or Nigeria.
If our kids eat balanced diet, we can have 16 year old too who are developed.
Eating a bowl or eba with 1 meat at night won't make you develop well.
grin
babzo:
Difficult to do age cheat in the West. The day you are born, multiple records of your birth are made to different government establishments.
E.g. in the US, your local government school district will start hinting your family when it's time for primary school etc, how did they know your age? It's been sent every where.
When you are 23 and what to pretend you are 13? With all the record keeping, etc.
Every school in the West also has class photographs every year. If you are 13 in the equivalent of JS2 or 3; at 24 you want to claim JS2 again?
Age sports in the West is also by school. Infact all the sports in the West are by school. To get into the NFL ( National Football League), you must have gone to University, infact I think even to get into Major League Soccer.

Every American has a Social Security Number with your date of birth; it can't be changed. I believe similar in Europe.

The difference is diet. Check a 14 year old in America or England who was born there and if he has cousins that are same age in Ghana or Nigeria.
Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by Gabbriell: 4:09pm On Dec 16, 2020
These faces are too strong-looking.

I cannot go and dribling that Côte d'Ivoire guy....I still like my legs.

Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by Gabbriell: 4:10pm On Dec 16, 2020
These faces are too strong-looking.

I cannot go and dribling that Côte d'Ivoire guy (Zobi)....I still like my legs.

1 Share

Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by liverpudian9(m): 4:11pm On Dec 16, 2020
I remember Taye taiwo celebrating 27yrs birthday and d twin brother celebrating 38yrs grin
Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by sinola(m): 4:15pm On Dec 16, 2020
I can vouch for nationals from develop countries like UK,US ,Germany because they have already-made database in their country but you see all these south Americans,Portugal even Spain and most of all these EU countries na baba for age cheat.
We be apprentice for their hand.
Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by Realhommie(m): 4:15pm On Dec 16, 2020
babzo:

grin grin grin grin

Well, you nailed it..

1 Like

Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by melodyogonna(m): 4:16pm On Dec 16, 2020
Lmao. In Europe some start playing as early as 7 years old. Records are kept from when you joined as a kid

1 Like

Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by mokkalu1(m): 4:16pm On Dec 16, 2020
Claudiusdeux:

Depends...

Giggs played until he was 38 (he did a lot of yoga, and ate healthily, which helped) as did Totti. Sheringham played till he was 40. Football great Eusebio of Portugal played till he was 39. Sir Stanley Matthews played till he was 48.Pele played till he was 37.
Good examples. I get the point: I only wanted to point out that a footballer can't perform at top level when he/she is getting to 40. Obviously, I committed a fallacy in the process. But I know you get my point. cheesy
Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by Realhommie(m): 4:17pm On Dec 16, 2020
Horllamideh:
Look at Sanchez and Cavani.... those guys are way above 40 years. Those South Americans are as worse as Africans in football age cheat.
Very true..

Especially in areas where they don't have developmental/age grade leagues..
Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 16, 2020
mokkalu1:

Good examples. I get the point: I only wanted to point out that a footballer can't perform at top level when he/she is getting to 40. Obviously, I committed a fallacy in the process. But I know you get my point. cheesy

Yes, it is true for the majority.....I got your point.

But with improved training...I guess the age of retirement can be increased....Giggs is a good example.(though Ferguson also thought Giggs' longevity was also down to genes)
Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by Arealiable: 4:31pm On Dec 16, 2020
Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by LZAA: 4:35pm On Dec 16, 2020
No think am o
Those guys have complete database,private investigatiors who do complete background checks that will make dss look like boy scouts
Africa and south America on the other hand barely bother because they want to make it into the game
As per ur cousin being 33 and playing 90 mins well that's because he's not playing professional football
If u play on a real professional pitch you will understand why half time lasts 15 mins

2 Likes

Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by nsiba: 4:35pm On Dec 16, 2020
Tripitaka:
Every weekend i watch the EPL, i keep pondering on this. Are European footballers really innocent of Age Fraud as the media will like us to believe? Is age fraud really just an African or South American thing?

I just read where Lampard was blaming fatigue for his players inability to perform in the defeat against Wolves and I couldn't help but wonder where the fatigue stemmed from exactly. They last played on Saturday against Everton which gives them 3 solid days to rest, yet these guys say they are fatigued? How?

Football is played for 90mins split into two halves of 45mins with a 15min break between halves. Yet, they talk about fatigue? Mind you, they do not run marathons on the pitch, for the most part, they jog around, sometimes walk, they only move at full speed when going on counters or trying to stop one. So how cant these guys perform optimally twice in a week?

For context, I have a cousin who is a football freak. At 33, he plays on Friday evenings and Sunday mornings every week. But never says he is too tired to play the next week. How then can a professional footballer who has access to world class training grounds, clinically designed pitches, personalized training routine, top psychologists, top nutritionists and dietitians, top sporting gears that have been designed to bring the best out of them tell me he is too tired too play, unless his biological clock is ticking.

The local street footballers even play everyday on tattered boots, terrible ground with zero protection. Most of them do menial jobs, eat carbohydrate laden foods 80% of the time, have no rest, yet can play for 2hrs everyday.

How can a footballer retire at 33 to 35 saying he can't play a 90mins game anymore for once a week? I really can't wrap my head around this. Personally, I believe most of them may not be as young as they will like us to believe.

Except for European USA Canada and Japanese every others LIE like hell

1 Like

Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by codemaniacs: 4:36pm On Dec 16, 2020
zz

1 Like

Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by Realhommie(m): 4:41pm On Dec 16, 2020
Claudiusdeux:

Depends...

Giggs played until he was 38 (he did a lot of yoga, and ate healthily, which helped) as did Totti. Sheringham played till he was 40. Football great Eusebio of Portugal played till he was 39. Sir Stanley Matthews played till he was 48.Pele played till he was 37.
And there's a Japanese player still active, he's in his 50's. He plays for a club currently in the J. League 2.

1 Like

Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by saintchibu(m): 4:41pm On Dec 16, 2020
Tripitaka:
Every weekend i watch the EPL, i keep pondering on this. Are European footballers really innocent of Age Fraud as the media will like us to believe? Is age fraud really just an African or South American thing?

I just read where Lampard was blaming fatigue for his players inability to perform in the defeat against Wolves and I couldn't help but wonder where the fatigue stemmed from exactly. They last played on Saturday against Everton which gives them 3 solid days to rest, yet these guys say they are fatigued? How?

Football is played for 90mins split into two halves of 45mins with a 15min break between halves. Yet, they talk about fatigue? Mind you, they do not run marathons on the pitch, for the most part, they jog around, sometimes walk, they only move at full speed when going on counters or trying to stop one. So how cant these guys perform optimally twice in a week?

For context, I have a cousin who is a football freak. At 33, he plays on Friday evenings and Sunday mornings every week. But never says he is too tired to play the next week. How then can a professional footballer who has access to world class training grounds, clinically designed pitches, personalized training routine, top psychologists, top nutritionists and dietitians, top sporting gears that have been designed to bring the best out of them tell me he is too tired too play, unless his biological clock is ticking.

The local street footballers even play everyday on tattered boots, terrible ground with zero protection. Most of them do menial jobs, eat carbohydrate laden foods 80% of the time, have no rest, yet can play for 2hrs everyday.

How can a footballer retire at 33 to 35 saying he can't play a 90mins game anymore for once a week? I really can't wrap my head around this. Personally, I believe most of them may not be as young as they will like us to believe.
Some use their real age or at most reduce it with nothing more than 2 years.
Example, Zlatan Ibrahimovic was born in 1981 and he still plays at the top level (Italian Serie A) while Yakubu Aiyegbeni was born in 1982 and he retired from active football in 2017.
Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by SmartyPants(m): 4:49pm On Dec 16, 2020
pickatyouu:
Some south americans and some europeans also falsify age, it's a general thing just that africa took it way over board to give them selves more time to hustle and make it.

Which Europeans do you know who have falsified their ages?
Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by SmartyPants(m): 4:53pm On Dec 16, 2020
Tripitaka:

Stop jumping to conclusions.

I played university football, high level amateur football, and semi-professional football to a lesser degree.

When I played semi-pro I was one of the least fit players on the team and I could still run rings around the best amateur players.

When I played University level football (inter-department), we played twice a week with no training for the duration of the competition and after a few weeks I was shattered.

Things you need to know are these guys have been playing football almost daily from the age of 8 or so, and have to travel around to play. In most cases, it is the travel that saps their energy. and they cannot be compared to your cousin who kicks about twice a week with amateur players.

1 Like

Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by ben1daEbiri(m): 5:08pm On Dec 16, 2020
I agree with most of your points but saying players jog around and only run when there's a counter attack is really wrong. Bro,you can't jog for 45mins straight, talk more of when you have the ball and is tasked with making every move you make count for your team,the level of intelligence needed in football is quite not talked about;you have an idea in your head but can you execute under pressure?

These pro players are expected to so this week in week out and believe me it's tasking.
The Nigerian league is more energy demanded than almost all top European leagues in the world but that's not even talked about too.

Yes,pro players have the best of everything they need but not rule out football to be an easy sport,if you play a high intensity game for 30mins believe me you'll burn out. As a winger or full back,making overlapping runs to get in crosses and return to defensive duties if your opponent is on the counter is no easy feat,do this 3 times in a half alone and you'll know the sport is not just about jogging and taking huge wages.

3 Likes

Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by thinkmoney(m): 5:13pm On Dec 16, 2020
Tripitaka:

There are some though who I believe are honest with their age. What beats me is why a footballer will retire around 34 to 35 considering they have everything to enable them play into their 40s. Unless age is against them, you know one can't cheat nature.

Nb: I wonder why my OP was edited to add a picture that doesn't even strengthen my argument
It's hard for europeans to lie about their age because they have database.
And, athlete's because of the constant pressure they put on themselves to perform optimally week in week out tends to quickly reach there prime. Body builders for example die a bit earlier than non body builders, according to research and they start suffering joint issues later in there lives.
Footballer don't necessarily stop performing at around 35, it's just that they stop performing at the level required of professionals, but if they join u in your street football, they will still most likely bamboozle u

3 Likes

Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by eyinjuege: 5:21pm On Dec 16, 2020
It's very easy to tell professionals how to do their job and how to feel or respond to situations when you're on the outside.
Na so life be
You're even comparing your cousin who plays weekly football to people who train for hours every single day of their lives, as professional players.
Athletes are usually fit and healthy compared to the general population. When they say they are fatigued, please believe them and don't tell them how to feel. sad

1 Like

Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by wirinet(m): 5:24pm On Dec 16, 2020
LZAA:
No think am o
Those guys have complete database,private investigatiors who do complete background checks that will make dss look like boy scouts
Africa and south America on the other hand barely bother because they want to make it into the game
As per ur cousin being 33 and playing 90 mins well that's because he's not playing professional football
If u play on a real professional pitch you will understand why half time lasts 15 mins
No mind am, comparing street football with professional football. Even professional football get grade. Play 15 mins of champion league, you go no say football is different from soccer. You see big teams playing champion league football on Wednesday and by the time they play local league on Sunday, they lose or barely scrap a win because of fatigue.

World cup football is also very difficult and demanding on the footballer.

4 Likes

Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by Eminado1: 5:44pm On Dec 16, 2020
I think it is a lot more difficult to falsify age in countries that have comprehensive database where records are easily available. Furthermore, they have institutions to which begin training players from a very young age, it is almost not worth it to cheat.

Accumulated fatigue is a real thing. You only talked about the time players spend on the pitch without regard for the hours they spend training before and after every match.

Lastly, players retire at 35 because their body is not as strong as it once was, they do not recover as quickly as they will like or more importantly, some have already figured out their retirement plans and want to start pursuing that early enough. They have more options after retirement than the average African or South American player.

1 Like

Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by Lekan239(m): 6:02pm On Dec 16, 2020
Tripitaka:

Football is played for 90mins split into two halves of 45mins with a 15min break between halves. Yet, they talk about fatigue? Mind you, they do not run marathons on the pitch, for the most part, they jog around, sometimes walk, they only move at full speed when going on counters or trying to stop one. So how cant these guys perform optimally twice in a week?.
good topic but this quoted write up make ut clueless
Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by Lekan239(m): 6:04pm On Dec 16, 2020
wman:
Do you know how many hours they spend training every day?

Have you played on a standard full-length pitch before?
the guy is just clueless and naive

1 Like

Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by xxxXXXxxx: 6:07pm On Dec 16, 2020
people can't really falsify age in the advanced countries, because once they give birth, they record the moment of the birth even the particular time not just date.
Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by inumidun2010(m): 6:10pm On Dec 16, 2020
babzo:
..Eating a bowl of eba with 1 meat at night won't make you develop well.

Bro.. My God will Judge you... How can you underrate our Almighty EBA and 1Kpomo...

1 Like

Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by Coinbased: 6:21pm On Dec 16, 2020
Yeah
Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by Gandollaar(f): 6:44pm On Dec 16, 2020
sammysmiles:
The way all of them ugly sef ion think they are lying cheesy cheesy
Hahaha.. savage!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NFF Re-appoints Samson Siasia As Coach For Super Eagles / Super Eagles Train Ahead Of Algeria Clash / Liverpool’s Robertson Elbowed By Assistant Referee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.