Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,636 members, 7,813,100 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:01 AM

Crypto Currency Investors Thread - Investment (2242) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Crypto Currency Investors Thread (3286130 Views)

The Metaverse Investors Thread / NFT Investors Thread / Sh!t Coin Investors Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2239) (2240) (2241) (2242) (2243) (2244) (2245) ... (3639) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by ignis: 7:25am On Mar 09, 2022
Sunndaywillie:
since you started in this thread you're always complaining, you're not learning

You go still go do the forex, then jump go another one again

Shift jooor
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by ThisisIkemefuna(m): 7:28am On Mar 09, 2022
Joe Biden executive order on cryptocurrency and other digital assets - Green lights!!!

Janet Yellen's (secretary of treasury) comments on the Executive Order leaked

She talked about studying future of money, supporting responsible innovation that will result in benefits to the nation, protecting investors and consumers. She also talked about protecting the financial system and broader economy. It all sounds good, hope it helps crypto grow long term.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by OlympiadTutor(m): 7:49am On Mar 09, 2022
MakelemiJnr:
Please any platform where I can practice futures trading. I mean a demo account

Tradingview has a Paper Trading platform. You can add Futures Contract and trade it as if it's your real money.

Simulated trading is good in my opinion, so long as you trade it like your real money.

3 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by OlympiadTutor(m): 7:53am On Mar 09, 2022
Luckyss:
I lose more money trading with stop loss because no matter where I put it, BTC will Kick me out and I will end up buying higher. This market is very annoying undecided The best strategy is to wait for btc to crash really hard before buying alt coins undecided

This happens to even professional traders. But if it almost happens to you all the time. I think your Entry is the problem.
What do you actually trade? Pullbacks? Breakouts? Ranging Markets?

3 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by MapleBae2020: 7:58am On Mar 09, 2022
Goldbw122:

Crypto never cast, you just have to stick to a better strategy. That works for you don't be greedy and don't be afraid, mind your leverage and sl, use them wisely... Am still learning oo.. am not your financial advisor.
Hmmmm... That greed ehn! May God deliver me. I traded futures and got some gain. Na so happy increase leverage. I slept and woke up to see liquidation. All my capital plus first gain Don komot! Na cry remain!

11 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Goldbw122(m): 8:04am On Mar 09, 2022
MapleBae2020:

Hmmmm... That greed ehn! May God deliver me. I traded futures and got some gain. Na so happy increase leverage. I slept and woke up to see liquidation. All my capital plus first gain Don komot! Na cry remain!
Yeah same happen to me, but I have learn from that indicent.. so move I want to know if adjusting leverage on isolated future possible, like increasing the leverage when you are profiting like you want to profit more? Anyone who is experience should pls answer and throw more light on this question.. thank you
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by MapleBae2020: 8:25am On Mar 09, 2022
Goldbw122:

Yeah same happen to me, but I have learn from that indicent.. so move I want to know if adjusting leverage on isolated future possible, like increasing the leverage when you are profiting like you want to profit more? Anyone who is experience should pls answer and throw more light on this question.. thank you
I have tried this especially to reduce leverage when I'm losing. Doesn't work on an existing trade. So I DCA with lower leverage or higher (depends on the situation) so as to alter the overall leverage when price catches my order

3 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Khayceeofficial(m): 9:13am On Mar 09, 2022
This STEPH is the same token biinancee opened BNB deposits for their launchpad just today but HUOBII begin deposits and trading if they meet required volume for the market

Dunno if this is useful to anyone on here
Man gots no funds to take it up

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Supremeboss: 9:19am On Mar 09, 2022
If you missed Anchor Protocol sorry, you now have another chance to buy AIOZ token, the project has huge potentials and lots of positive announcements coming its way. Read about it and how to buy the AIOZ token here: https://cryptostreetupdate.com/aioz-token-has-huge-potentials-read-how-to-get-it/
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by DieRich5: 9:52am On Mar 09, 2022
ignis:
Crypto investment don cast.... Na Forex I want learn so...
many people Dy run from FX enter crypto ND stock ND u Dy talk crypto don cast undecided

Guy all markets is bad at the moment but crypto is still holding dere position small

I rather play option on stock than enter FX lipsrsealed

6 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by GentlSummrbreez: 10:20am On Mar 09, 2022
You can get free BUSD instantly

https:///busd_bep20_pay_bot?start=5245476867
� Get 25 BUSD when you use this referral link for FREE! Just click on the link to claim!
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by nna777: 10:21am On Mar 09, 2022
cherryCola:

I might short when the price get to 42,00k.

Don't short until it test 45k resistance, if it breaks, 48k. If not retest again to 40k

3 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by millennialaku2: 10:33am On Mar 09, 2022
solreb:
You were on point.
yeah
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by BlenzTalk: 10:36am On Mar 09, 2022
Hey guys
Please you guys should put me through
I've been seeing here how you guys do talk about taking profit.

My question is how is it done? Does it mean selling the coin?, Cuz, I don't intend selling the coin. I would prefer to just take the profit I've made and leave my coin intant. I'm using Binance
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by cherryCola: 11:01am On Mar 09, 2022
nna777:

Don't short until it test 45k resistance, if it breaks, 48k. If not retest again to 40k

Thanks but they is a major resistance at the 42,000 level.

But if I get a Sell signal omor shocked nah too sell my entire village and short BeeTeeCee ooh grin

But definitely BTC is heading to 45K, as they is no sign of a golden cross yet .

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by cherryCola: 11:03am On Mar 09, 2022
DieRich5:
many people Dy run from FX enter crypto ND stock ND u Dy talk crypto don cast undecided

[b]Guy all markets is bad [/b]at the moment but crypto is still holding dere position small

I rather play option on stock than enter FX lipsrsealed

I don't think crypto is bad, at least for me
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Ace5(m): 11:10am On Mar 09, 2022
BlenzTalk:
Hey guys

My question is how is it done? Does it mean selling the coin?, Cuz, I don't intend selling the coin. I would prefer to just take the profit I've made and leave my coin intant. I'm using Binance
You have to sell your coin higher from what you bought for you to make profit.
But if you still want to keep the coin then you sell parts that covers your invested capital and keep the rest coin in your spot wallet
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by cherryCola: 11:16am On Mar 09, 2022
BlenzTalk:
Hey guys

This is like eating your cake and have it grin.
Chai wetin newbie's no go ask pesin grin.

So let say you want to buy 50 SLP which is 1 dollar per SLP, so to get 50 SLP you need $50.
So after purchasing the coin you hodl for like two months, and the SLP you bought for 1 dollar each is now 2 dollars, So remember you bought 50 SLP with 50 dollars now that each SLP is 2 dollars your 50 SLP is now worth 100 dollars not the 50 dollars you bought with.

So in this case you can decide to sell 25 SLP which is worth 2 dollars each giving you 50 dollars, and you still have 25 SLP left which is also worth 50 dollars.
So now you have taken your profit of 50 dollars (25 SLP) and still have remaining 25 SLP (also worth 50 dollars).

Seems like I end up confusing you the more .

10 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Bosville(m): 11:24am On Mar 09, 2022
Abeg is anyone still holding paper here??

Need to be sure before I turn Bag holder

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by MakelemiJnr(m): 11:30am On Mar 09, 2022
OlympiadTutor:

Tradingview has a Paper Trading platform. You can add Futures Contract and trade it as if it's your real money.

Simulated trading is good in my opinion, so long as you trade it like your real money.
Thank you. I'd check this out now!
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by MapleBae2020: 11:36am On Mar 09, 2022
cherryCola:

Thanks but they is a major resistance at the 42,000 level.

But if I get a Sell signal omor shocked nah too sell my entire village and short BeeTeeCee ooh grin

But definitely BTC is heading to 45K, as they is no sign of a golden cross yet .
Please quote me when you get the sell signal. I won't be greedy again
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Maicraze20: 11:41am On Mar 09, 2022
This one alpine dey run ehn...I still see am for 3dols this morning is now double...
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by BlenzTalk: 12:00pm On Mar 09, 2022
cherryCola:

This is like eating your cake and have it grin.
Chai wetin newbie's no go ask pesin grin.

So let say you want to buy 50 SLP which is 1 dollar per SLP, so to get 50 SLP you need $50.
So after purchasing the coin you hodl for like two months, and the SLP you bought for 1 dollar each is now 2 dollars, So remember you bought 50 SLP with 50 dollars now that each SLP is 2 dollars your 50 SLP is now worth 100 dollars not the 50 dollars you bought with.

So in this case you can decide to sell 25 SLP which is worth 2 dollars each giving you 50 dollars, and you still have 25 SLP left which is also worth 50 dollars.
So now you have taken your profit of 50 dollars (25 SLP) and still have remaining 25 SLP (also worth 50 dollars).

Seems like I end up confusing you the more .
No, I get it now perfectly
Thanks man for the clarification. I was thinking it's something I could just take profit without selling
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by R2bees2: 12:01pm On Mar 09, 2022
cmoney22222:
To the best of my knowledge, No demo account. Load your account with about 5-10$ and practice.

Use Demo on gate.io... But then be careful when using real cash. You must know TA and be prepaid to lose money

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Prayfortheworld: 12:27pm On Mar 09, 2022
MapleBae2020:

Quote me if he quotes you too I'm losing almost $2000 profit because of greediness
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by PBarney(m): 12:33pm On Mar 09, 2022
Trailblazer FX offers forex mentorship classes* where people are taught Forex.

There are three classes

Fx Beginner class
Fx Basic Class
Fx Advanced class.

You can DM 08103710616 for more details

NOTE
Trailblazer FX also offers signal services with a record of 75% accuracy.
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by OlympiadTutor(m): 12:51pm On Mar 09, 2022
When DCA ( Dollar Cost Averaging) Can Get You In Trouble.

Everyone is probably familiar with this entry technique so I won't bother explaining how it works but rather discuss its advantages and disadvantages.
There are two situations where DCA can be used.

Situation 1: When you're in profit.
In this case suppose that you purchase BTC at $38k, you buy more at $40k and then also a little at $42k.
If the market reverses against you at $42k, you can get out of the trade, in this case you would have made profits on your previous trades and then get out at break even or with a small loss from your last trade.

This is one way to use DCA, only buy more when you are in profits.
The advantages here is that it is safer because you are buying with the trend, as prices keeps climbing buyers may become convinced that we're in a bull trend and they will FOMO in and thus driving the market higher for you.

The known disadvantage of this method is that you may buying at the top on your last purchases but that is not really a problem. At you least you get to exit with a small loss and your previous profits will take care of that for you.

Situation 2: When you're in a losing Position.

This happens when you buy Solana at $180 and then you decide to even buy more at $160 and then more at $150 or $140.
In this case should Solana revisit $180 again, you will be in profits on all your earlier Purchases and be at break even on your first Purchases.
This particular method of entry is extremely risky because "You are adding to a losing position".
Infact, if you are going to DCA when you're losing. Make sure its not money you intend to touch for the next 6 months, just imagine buying Sol at $180 and you've been DCAing up until $100. Tying down your trading capital and your mental health is not the way to approach trading.

Yes this may work for you for 99 times, but the one time that this would not work out, that one time can wipe out your entire profits you spent months building up.
Most people trading Futures, when they're about to be liquidated, they go to their spot wallet to add more money to their Futures wallet to maintain their position. As a trader you have no business maintaining a losing position. This may work for you for 99 times but the one time this will fail. It may kick you out of business leaving psychologically damaged.

One thing that makes traders make this trading mistake is that they make assumptions that are baseless like "The market has gone up too far, it will definitely soon fall or the market has gone down too much, it will rise soon".
This is not the way to approach the market, the market can do whatsoever that pleases her, your job is not to make assumptions, your job is to look at your charts and follow what the market is doing.

Institutions are the market movers and the only way you can make money as a trader is to do what the Institutions are doing.
If price is going up, it means that enough Institutions believes the commodity is good for Purchases. This will appear on your charts as well and you should buy because that's what the Institutions are doing. Your job is to do what the Institutions are doing.
If prices are falling then Institutions are selling and you should sell, don't claim that your TA or FA says prices should go up, if enough Institutions believes the market is overpriced then they will sell and prices will fall. Your job is to sell too and not claim that your TA or FA says prices should go up. I am always ready to change my opinion anytime in the market because my goal is to make profits and not dictate what the market ought to be doing.

Final Lesson: Never DCA when your portfolio is bleeding because the one time that this will not work for you can cost you your entire trading account.
Only DCA when your Pocket is very deep and you may not be needing that capital for some months or even a year.
I know this may go contradictory to what most people say or do here but it's the truth and it has to be spoken.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by cherryCola: 1:48pm On Mar 09, 2022
Short BTC.

Entry price: 41,800

TP: 41,500/41,400.

SL: 41,950

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by cherryCola: 1:49pm On Mar 09, 2022
MapleBae2020:

Enter above me.
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by cherryCola: 1:50pm On Mar 09, 2022
BlenzTalk:

No, I get it now perfectly
Thanks man for the clarification. I was thinking it's something I could just take profit without selling

Am glad it helps you smiley .
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by pafra(m): 2:16pm On Mar 09, 2022
cherryCola:

Am glad it helps you smiley .

Check your E mail
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by dayo229: 2:40pm On Mar 09, 2022
cherryCola:
Short BTC.

Entry price: 41,800

TP: 41,500/41,400.

SL: 41,950

The easiest way to get wrecked in future is to be going through trades after trades. You may have made a profit of 200% but you can still lose that profit if you jump into another trade.

Don't just rush into a trade cos you feel it will go down or up. A guy was telling you to wait for BTC to see if it will test 45k and if it does and gets rejected then short it.

Also why are you using such a tight stop loss? Your entry price and S/L are so close on BTC. With that tight SL there is no way you won't be stopped on trades especially with BTC.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2239) (2240) (2241) (2242) (2243) (2244) (2245) ... (3639) (Reply)

Treasury Bills In Nigeria / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Hadizometer and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.