Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,639 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Crypto Currency Investors Thread - Investment (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Crypto Currency Investors Thread (3312947 Views)

The Metaverse Investors Thread / NFT Investors Thread / Sh!t Coin Investors Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (3651) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by DenreleDave(m): 8:18pm On Jan 22, 2021
bradwilli:
they do. 12k plus was charge from me yesterday after buying E th. They do bro

Like how much in naira equivalent did u purchase
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by FlyHeight: 8:23pm On Jan 22, 2021
All my accts were banned again; one thing I can say is this however, I’ve noticed 80% of those here who ask about guidance will ask what qoins are best for long term; and have Recieved the same responses over time, Eith, Big B, Litee amongst other Alts. They’ve also been told to only buy when it dips, most people don’t seem to understand that just cuz there was a surge to 34k plus don’t mean it would stay there. At the end of the day everyone can only project and have expectations however. If your goals are long term & you bought at over 30k, and as expected the price dropped to 27k, pls why are you surprised in a market that’s known to be volatile. Projections are for the foreseeable future, and the not too distant one. Many people jumped on this bandwagon when it hit 16/17k in 2017 and suffered greatly when it dipped to 4k, many also did panic sales, very selected few held on. Even in 2019 when it went from 2.6m to 5m in July, people hopped on & when it crashed or 2.3m in November, everyone ran away, i took a chance then and bought over 30 more in total because I was running a biz that allowed me buy gift cards at 50-60% of the value & exchange for Beetee at 75-80% of the value. So I had other methods to build my portfolio, I admit I sold a bit when it went up to over 5m but I also bought even more in anticipation that it would hit 20k (8m) that was my target from my late 2019 early 2020 hoarding, throughout 2020 it performed well, i did a lot of trading in btw but I still never got to that target price. Guess what, by December it surpassed my expectations and went past 29k and I was happy. That was for the qoins I hoarded for long term reasons... Bear in mind I had over 40, imagine my 40 losing value from each time the price rose and fell, but I knew what I was in for.

Same with Eith, I bought when it was 70k in 2019, I set a target of 150 by the next year, I don’t need to tell you where eith was by sept, I held on, and I believe it was the best decision of my life, 900% in 14 months; I couldn’t beat that.

Everyone has a misconception of Day Trading: Day Trading is buying a commodity or security or asset at for example 3 naira & selling at 4 naira and then buying it again at 3 or 3.5 to resell at 4.5. Or even buying at 4 naira and selling at 3.4 naira to cut losses and buy back at 3 naira to resell at 4. It will only generate you heavy income if you have block, I wouldn’t day trade with 50k

10 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by FlyHeight: 8:26pm On Jan 22, 2021
I also noticed a lot of people complaining about Luno fees, I don’t know which of the lunos you’ve been using but the one I use when I’m using limit orders doesn’t charge me 1 penny except I use market price sales or buys... I agree that liquidity for some qoins are low on Luno but if you know the system, u can liquidate fast enough. I wouldn’t advise a newbie to daytrade without fully understanding how it works first. And if you have long term goals stop worrying about short term results

8 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by FlyHeight: 8:36pm On Jan 22, 2021
I also noticed some people have reservations about rip, which is very understandable. however I have seen one too many times when the SEC settles these sort of lawsuits, at the same time, people seem to feel America is what influences cryp which is false, Asia does... A lot of xchanges have stop trading it on their platforms but most Asian xchanges still have it on there. And I have been able to use the 1-4 Naira price difference daily to at least day trade multiple times a day. I currently have just over 58,000 rip, half of which I’m hoarding for the next 3-6 months to see what happens with their suit. I went in when it was 112 NGN, left heavy when it was 143, did a few day trades in btw, bought in yesterday at 122, sold today at 131, I’ve practically made over my target, it’s like trading stocks, it’s a multiple times a day thing, and you captitalize on every rise and drop.
If it is going to drop, it won’t drop 20 Naira in 3mins, I have my price alerts set to 128, once it hits that I liquidate and keep my fiat.

My advis is simple do wetin ur head carry, if you know you bought at 30k plus, hold it till it hits 40k/50k or more which will definitely happen this year

7 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by FlyHeight: 8:37pm On Jan 22, 2021
DenreleDave:

I’m extremely surprised at these charges quoted, pls show a screenshot of how you made this purchase
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Ceegar01: 8:39pm On Jan 22, 2021
please guys my friend registered with 20k two weeks ago he downloaded luno app but he haven't gotton any btc it's still showing 0.00 I'm afraid of investing, please how many days does it take to get your btc after registering with
luno
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by FlyHeight: 8:40pm On Jan 22, 2021
bradwilli:
they do. 12k plus was charge from me yesterday after buying E th. They do bro

You asked yesterday for help with avoiding these charges, I said to pm me so I could put you thru, never did. If you wanted to avoid them, you’d follow the instructions here about limit orders.

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by FlyHeight: 8:41pm On Jan 22, 2021
Ceegar01:
please guys my friend registered with 20k two weeks ago he downloaded luno app but he haven't gotton any btc it's still showing 0.00 I'm afraid of investing, please how many days does it take to get your btc after registering with
luno

Loool how did he register with betece, you can’t even buy on Luno without doing your first verification
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by FlyHeight: 8:43pm On Jan 22, 2021
jedisco:
I'd say one lesson today has reminded us is the principle of averaging in.

As a trader in this market, it's not advisable to go all in at once... If you're looking at a long term trade, get in slowly... For example, if I've been looking at getting into betece on a pullback, I'd start averaging in at 31k, keep some for 30k and some for 28k (if we get it). And also have some in hand

Best advice in a min...

I always buy in at various prices, I also sell at various prices

3 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by FlyHeight: 8:47pm On Jan 22, 2021
jedisco:

Do you want to buy when everyone is buying or when everyone is selling.
The market hardly gives the majority what they want.
You want to take profits b4 the market turns

You want buy significant dips. Knowing which dip is significant is tricky.

The reason why I'm advising folks already in not to panic sell now is cos theyre likely to buy higher cos even if it drops to 20k, they'd be waiting for 16k.

Same way people who were supposed to sell and take profits at 37/38k were waiting for 40k. Now they crying about 29k

If anyone wants to succeed in the trading market stocks and cryp you need to set targets and goals, once you attain them, balls in your court on whether to cash out or stick your neck out. If my target is 30k and it goes further than that it’s a plus for me, if it’s 33k suddenly and I am anticipating 34 which never happens, and it starts to drop to 32, what stops me from dumping at 31 if not 32 when my initial goal was 30

6 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by FlyHeight: 8:47pm On Jan 22, 2021
Ojemedad:
No one is mentioning paxful here

Paxful not an xchange, it’s more like a third party excrow service
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by FlyHeight: 8:48pm On Jan 22, 2021
bradwilli:
how do i avoid such fees or is there a way i can buy to avaoid that?

We told you this more than once, if you haven’t gotten it by now I don’t know what to say

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by FlyHeight: 8:49pm On Jan 22, 2021
Enyinne:
Pls which site is this thats showing percentage profit.

Check any cryp site... At the end of the day, you can stare at charts for ages or various analysis, fact remains no one can predict what will really happen, you can only analyse the trend and see ways to benefit from it. Set your own targets
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by FlyHeight: 8:53pm On Jan 22, 2021
jedisco:

To me, Hodl and exrp do not go together. It's the easiest way to get rekt. This is a coyn that has consistently performed much worse than betece and eith over the past several months and folks are saying hodl. It's like having the money but choosing to buy a land in Maiduguri instead of Ikoyi because land in Maiduguri is cheap. Good luck with that.

That said, it seems it's due a temporary reversal against betece and I'm targeting a move up to sell. I wouldn't advise someone new to go anywhere near exrp... I made that mistake and have learnt. Others don't need to make it.
In human nature folks are keen on being superman. They want to say I bought what others were fearful of. Hehehe....Trading is easy when we follow the basics

I guess I’d have to come back in 6 months and tell you guys how I did. I am hoarding over 3m in rip to see what the outcome is with their lawsuit. I’m however trading with it daily so it’s not all bad yet but I’m aiming for 200 NGN each, at that rate I’d make over 40% which is fair for Me.
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by elmas(m): 8:54pm On Jan 22, 2021
FlyHeight:
All my accts were banned again; one thing I can say is this however, I’ve noticed 80% of those here who ask about guidance will ask what qoins are best for long term; and have Recieved the same responses over time, Eith, Big B, Litee amongst other Alts. They’ve also been told to only buy when it dips, most people don’t seem to understand that just cuz there was a surge to 34k plus don’t mean it would stay there. At the end of the day everyone can only project and have expectations however. If your goals are long term & you bought at over 30k, and as expected the price dropped to 27k, pls why are you surprised in a market that’s known to be volatile. Projections are for the foreseeable future, and the not too distant one. Many people jumped on this bandwagon when it hit 16/17k in 2017 and suffered greatly when it dipped to 4k, many also did panic sales, very selected few held on. Even in 2019 when it went from 2.6m to 5m in July, people hopped on & when it crashed or 2.3m in November, everyone ran away, i took a chance then and bought over 30 more in total because I was running a biz that allowed me buy gift cards at 50-60% of the value & exchange for Beetee at 75-80% of the value. So I had other methods to build my portfolio, I admit I sold a bit when it went up to over 5m but I also bought even more in anticipation that it would hit 20k (8m) that was my target from my late 2019 early 2020 hoarding, throughout 2020 it performed well, i did a lot of trading in btw but I still never got to that target price. Guess what, by December it surpassed my expectations and went past 29k and I was happy. That was for the qoins I hoarded for long term reasons... Bear in mind I had over 40, imagine my 40 losing value from each time the price rose and fell, but I knew what I was in for.

Same with Eith, I bought when it was 70k in 2019, I set a target of 150 by the next year, I don’t need to tell you where eith was by sept, I held on, and I believe it was the best decision of my life, 900% in 14 months; I couldn’t beat that.

Everyone has a misconception of Day Trading: Day Trading is buying a commodity or security or asset at for example 3 naira & selling at 4 naira and then buying it again at 3 or 3.5 to resell at 4.5. Or even buying at 4 naira and selling at 3.4 naira to cut losses and buy back at 3 naira to resell at 4. It will only generate you heavy income if you have block, I wouldn’t day trade with 50k

Day trading with from like how much would be fine?
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by FlyHeight: 8:55pm On Jan 22, 2021
BabaGrinz:
Na wa oo.....i've been reading thru the comments on this thread and I've come to understand that the only way most of u guys earn btc is by buying and selling asin buy wen d price is low then sell wen it rises..well that's one of d ways to earn cryptos but mind u there r a thousand and one ways to generate btc...like thru exchange asin exchanging crytos..,cloud mining. Using ur hard drive hashrate to get this btc..PTC .,faucet claims...so to all newbies please I'll recommend u make use of google to explore on cryptos currencies on d different ways u can earn it..i would have drops some links bt d last link I drop lead to me been ban ..so instead of relyin on the buyin and sellin strategy wy not explore other means so as u wait 4 d price to rise ur BTC will b accumulating..
#Peace

Baba Mining doesn’t work how you think. Now you need a shit lot of miners to even mine a quarter of what used to be possible, the running costs alone will milk you... Lefs not cap
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by FlyHeight: 8:56pm On Jan 22, 2021
luvlyoracle:
Kai!!my chest cry
Buying the dip n it keeps dipping cry cry

A very short story!!
Mentor: buy the dip, buy the dip, musa kept on buying the dip
Musa: Sir, the dip keeps dipping bottomlessly
Mentor: keep buying the dip
Musa: (sweating profusely) sir, i have gotten about 8 dips now with a total of $650
Mentor: Musa! Musa!! do you have USDT??
Musa: Yes sir i do
Mentor: buy the dips
Musa: (sluggishly clicks buy)....
{12 hours later)
Musa: sir i have ran out of USDT, but its still dipping . . .
Mentor: now watch . . . .
[ONLINE FUDDER ON FACEBOOK] cryptocurrency is crashing, chinese new year is coming
Musa: Mentor, Mentor, (number not reachable) OMG what do i do . .
Musa: (clicks SELL) let me stay with my $120 .. at least ive gat something left

------- 20 mins later ---------
(market) GREEN!
+20! +40!! +45!!!
Musa: omg its coming up! Musa FOMO'd
(3 mins later) -20!
Musa: oh noo , PANIC SELL

------5 minutes later ------
+20! +20! +30 . . . .this is a false breakout . . . . .+120 . . . hmmmm
THE END!!!

What was Musa lacking??

Any idea??

Copied!! grin grin

Laughed so hard when I saw this
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by FlyHeight: 9:00pm On Jan 22, 2021
elmas:

Day trading with from like how much would be fine?

Don’t day trade until you have a good hold on how to trade properly to begin with... Put it simply if you’re daytrading your targets should be from 0.2% - 7% MAX daily & your losses should be half that, if all goes better than that for you all well and good. Having a safety cushion is important when doing day trades.

For you to feel a 1% increase you have to have at least 100k up, and when you think of all these charges if you have to force liquidate, you have to ask yourself if the profit is worth the charges

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jan 22, 2021
DenreleDave:

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jan 22, 2021
FlyHeight:

We told you this more than once, if you haven’t gotten it by now I don’t know what to say
i started that already, i mean the naira limit. And i can't seem to login in to my pm this past weeks. But i did learn and following the limit order currently
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by FlyHeight: 9:16pm On Jan 22, 2021
bradwilli:
i started that already, i mean the naira limit. And i can't seem to login in to my pm this past weeks. But i did learn and following the limit order currently

Weird cuz coulda swore I got a pm from u yesterday but no worries, since you got a hold of it I don’t see why you’re still paying such charges
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Houston17(m): 9:27pm On Jan 22, 2021
jedisco:

I doubt you're sure of what you're saying.

On binance, if you deposit fiat, you can set to at market price and pay a very tiny sum as trading fee. Buying directly with card wouldn't be cheaper except you're going about it the wrong way

OK boss. Na wetin I observe I talk Sha but I'm ready to learn. Can you explain the bolder, like how do I go about that
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by DenreleDave(m): 9:28pm On Jan 22, 2021
bradwilli:

They charged u right... Luno charges 2% on deposit I think

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by DenreleDave(m): 9:33pm On Jan 22, 2021
FlyHeight:

Pls say it again..

How do one reduce the charge when buying and selling... Let's say for less than 30k naira
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by TheZebra: 9:44pm On Jan 22, 2021
jedisco:

Oops... Buy high, sell low. You literally sold the bottom..you remind me of myself when I started. How are you sure betcoin will not give u another chance to buy at 29-30 in the coming days?

That's why I advise folks against day trading. If you're not skilled, you get caught in that trap if you don't see the big picture.

You made at least 5 mistakes which are
1. Panic sell- self explanatory. This is very different from cutting your losses when things don't go your way. That is risk management while this is giving your money to the market

2. You sold into support- in this space, never sell into support moreso a very strong one. If you want to sell, do that after it's lost support and confirming it as resistance.

3. You followed the crowd- in this space, market sentiment is key. It almost never fails. The majority are ALWAYS wrong at the extremes of a trend. They may be right when the trend is in play. There are people I follow on Twitter to guage market pulse. Once I log in and most are saying eith will pump, I just know it wouldn't. You should profit from the sentiment and not be the sentiment others profit from.

4. You buy on red days not sell. This is tricky so you don't try to catch a falling knife. Betece doesn't dump 10-15% everyday. Ask yourself, how much lower can it dump before you panic sell... Like I said b4, a proper dump will not give u the opportunity to sell once the trend changes... You'd see what I mean soon.

5. You didn't see the big picture- that's why most early day traders are eaten up by whales. Some new folks here just buy blindly, hope it goes up so they sell. That's the second easiest way to serve yourself as dinner in this space. Nothing moves up or down for no reason. To profit from the volatility, you have to have know where and at what level it's likely to move up or down. The first is trading leverage without risk management.

The big picture is simple.. between 20-29k is a support cluster. There's 28k, 25.5k, 23k and 20k. These would all be tested one after the other in a drop and it can bounce at any of them before continuing down. If you had this in mind, you'd see that selling at 29k wasn't sensible.. cos even if it continued to 25k, it'd likely bounce back to 29k before continuing down.

Don't feel bad about it. We all make mistakes.. the issue os not to repeat them.
This is the best analytical analysis I've read here, God bless you sir.

Please Kindly give a brief analysis on ETh too, what time to take profit and what time to buy again, thanks. Current price: $1,260 and i bought at $300

3 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by lovinhubby2wife(m): 9:55pm On Jan 22, 2021
Please am I doing this the right way?? I just bought ripple still using it for practice before I go in full time... is this properly placed?

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by jedisco(m): 10:22pm On Jan 22, 2021
FlyHeight:

I guess I’d have to come back in 6 months and tell you guys how I did. I am hoarding over 3m in rip to see what the outcome is with their lawsuit. I’m however trading with it daily so it’s not all bad yet but I’m aiming for 200 NGN each, at that rate I’d make over 40% which is fair for Me.

Different traders have different patterns and if you trade it successfully then why not.

I also bought some at the lows and waiting for certain targets. I don't bother myself too much about the news. The TA and PA has alot already. I'm ready to add more tp exrp once it closes a weekly candle above certain targets. For now my capital is best ploughed into other projects

My advice is to new folks who'd rush in because it's cheap. With alts, I don't get married to them. The top 10 altys in the next run (aside eth) might be absolutely different from what we have now. Also people forget that this bull run will come to an endand if your alt hasn't moved by the end, when betece corrects, it'd also dump too.

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by jedisco(m): 10:24pm On Jan 22, 2021
FlyHeight:

Baba Mining doesn’t work how you think. Now you need a shit lot of miners to even mine a quarter of what used to be possible, the running costs alone will milk you... Lefs not cap

Leave that guy... He's a low budget scammer.

He should explain any of those and tell us how profitable it's been for him
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by FlyHeight: 10:26pm On Jan 22, 2021
jedisco:

Different traders have different patterns and if you trade it successfully then why not.

I also bought some at the lows and waiting for certain targets. I don't bother myself too much about the news. The TA and PA has alot already. I'm ready to add more tp exrp once it closes a weekly candle above certain targets. For now my capital is best ploughed into other projects

My advice is to new folks who'd rush in because it's cheap. With alts, I don't get married to them. The top 10 altys in the next run (aside eth) might be absolutely different from what we have now. Also people forget that this bull run will come to an endand if your alt hasn't moved by the end, when betece corrects, it'd also dump too.

Majority of folks seem to be in it or seem to want to get into it for magical results and quick profits...
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by FlyHeight: 10:27pm On Jan 22, 2021
jedisco:

Leave that guy... He's a low budget scammer.

He should explain any of those and tell us how profitable it's been for him

Lol
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by jedisco(m): 10:29pm On Jan 22, 2021
Houston17:

OK boss. Na wetin I observe I talk Sha but I'm ready to learn. Can you explain the bolder, like how do I go about that

Setting a market order is straightforward. It's simply setting what amount of your coin you want to sell and at what price.... Tohe best way to get it is by watching a video on YouTube. Thesame principle curs across all exchanges.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (3651) (Reply)

Treasury Bills In Nigeria / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: SINisSIN(m), Partisanlord, Namzy(m), ThegreatDon, Holla911(m), daharry(m), Hedonisco, Geekels and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.