Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,868 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material (16694 Views)

Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure / Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! / Examples Of House-wife Material In Pictures(what You Should Look Like) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by chihums(m): 1:22am On Apr 14, 2009
no b small thing o
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by tpia: 3:31am On Apr 14, 2009
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by C2H5OH(f): 6:11am On Apr 14, 2009
tpia:

You're really not qualified to attack him for his opinion of Ijebu girls. He's stated why he admires them and he doesnt have to answer to you for any reason.

If you want to preach on the dangers of generalizing, there are plenty of threads in the racism, tribalism and culture sections where you can make yourself useful when people start bashing each other's tribe and culture.

You ignored the naysayers on this thread and jumped on someone who wasnt one- what does that say about you?

If you've had bad experiences with Ijebus then just say so instead of criticizing others for not having the same.
That was why I called her an idiot earlier. She thought she was slick by posting that garbage, pretending she knew what she was talking about. What a nuisance.

biina hope you read the kind post tpia left for you.
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by biina: 6:54am On Apr 14, 2009
C2H5OH:

That was why I called her an idiot earlier.  She thought she was slick by posting that garbage, pretending she knew what she was talking about.  What a nuisance.

biina hope you read the kind post tpia left for you.
You are so unrepentant of your ways.
Could you please state categorically what was wrong with my initial post?
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by C2H5OH(f): 9:04am On Apr 14, 2009
no be only categorically, na systematically you go see.
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by biina: 9:17am On Apr 14, 2009
C2H5OH:

no be only categorically, na systematically you go see.
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by ono(m): 11:01am On Apr 14, 2009
It is clear, biina hates generalisations. And he/she wants me to be specific in this case.

It's alright. I will rephrase my initial statement now. So, can I safely say then that the Ijebu women/girls can also make good wife materials like we have in other tribes in Yoruba land?

But I will quickly chip in that we then have a situation where no single ethnic group or tribe have the best wife material around.

Biina, is that what you want to see?
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by biina: 4:36pm On Apr 14, 2009
@ono
There are two parts to it.

Firstly, its not that I have a problem per se with people making generalizations, after all, we all make such statements ever so often. I only noted that you were guilty of the same offence of generalizing that you accused others of, not because it is a felony, but because it is not so easy to always qualify one's statements. We all make statements based on our paradigms.

I was actually aiming at the fact that people often hide under the 'objection to the generalization' banner, while the true objection is to the essence of the argument of another i.e. is it for or against their point of view. A case in point is hydroxyethane's objection to my post, in which I only cited my experience and hypothesized, but did not make a conclusive statement on the issue at hand. My crime seems to have been my citing negative evidence against the Ijebus (something that could be done against any tribe). He/She didn't seem to have problems with posts (like yours) that painted the Ijebus in a positive light. Some feel that others must always agree with them. Unfortunately for them, that is nothing but a pipe dream. People with such dreams belong under a totalitarian regime.

The other point was more academic in nature, and was to be a positive criticism, as I felt your presentation of your point of view was not strong enough from a logical reasoning point of view. Typically one would present evidence/premise that supported the conclusion. I felt the evidence/examples you cited couldn't be directly linked to the conclusion you made, and thus weakens your argument. For example, citing your (or others) positive experience from dating or marrying  an Ijebu woman, data and/or statistics showing their popularity  etc. would have better served your purpose.

Back on topic.
Would I advice someone to marry an Ijebu? No.
Would I advice someone against marrying an Ijebu? No.
I wouldn't advice anybody to marry any specific tribe, because in any tribe you will always find the good, the bad and the ugly.
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by ono(m): 5:06pm On Apr 14, 2009
biina:

@ono

Back on topic.
Would I advice someone to marry an Ijebu? No.
Would I advice someone against marrying an Ijebu? No.
I wouldn't advice anybody to marry any specific tribe, because in any tribe you will always find the good, the bad and the ugly.

I decided to edit the other bit of your entry. What's left is what's important to me - and that's not to write off completely what you have up there. By the way, C2H5OH is simply ethanol - remember CH3CH2OH? Hydroxyethane sounds a bit odd. You may want to shed more light on how you came about that name for the chemical formula.

Now, to the main issue. I guess we're even here - reading what I copied from your last entry. So, no wahala.
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by biina: 5:30pm On Apr 14, 2009
ono:

I decided to edit the other bit of your entry. What's left is what's important to me - and that's not to write off completely what you have up there. By the way, C2H5OH is simply ethanol - remember CH3CH2OH? Hydroxyethane sounds a bit odd. You may want to shed more light on how you came about that name for the chemical formula.

Now, to the main issue. I guess we're even here - reading what I copied from your last entry. So, no wahala.
The hydroxyethane was just me being cheeky. The IUPAC name is ethanol, but same is also referred to as Ethyl alcohol; grain alcohol; pure alcohol; hydroxyethane; drinking alcohol; ethyl hydrate. I didn't want to use ethanol, and felt hydroxyethane was a bit more esoteric, and thus suited my purpose best.
I suppose the hydroxyethane name is more descriptive of the process than the product, as you can produce ethanol by hydroxylation of ethane.
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by Thor(m): 5:33pm On Apr 14, 2009
What are Ijebu girls like in bed?

Do they just lie there looking at the cieling like Igbo girls or are they creative, attentive and adventurous?
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by ono(m): 5:35pm On Apr 14, 2009
@Thor,
Just like any other woman around - trust me. grin
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by Thor(m): 5:37pm On Apr 14, 2009
@ono

Though so grin grin
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by Eaglebabe: 3:01pm On Dec 11, 2009
That man must be ready to die drinking ljebu garri.
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by PhumeeSun(f): 4:11pm On Dec 11, 2009
Ijebu gurls are d best u can eva have.If u don't have one,den u r missin out.
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by kpolli(m): 4:30pm On Dec 11, 2009
cos they know how to hook men
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by nevachange(f): 7:56pm On Dec 11, 2009
who paid you , where did they pay you and how did they pay you for such  an advertcall me and tell me
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by vfocus(f): 4:28pm On Jan 24, 2010
thread starter carry go, in gbadun o. we ni keleni, yio daa re, yio sunwon ree.
what language is that sorry i do not understand
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jan 26, 2010
una don start dis tribal nonesense again.nywayz d lil tins i know bout ijebu galz is dat dey have big ass,big breast,big lips,talk 2 much,often lousy,excessive make up n sumtimes 2 local or let me put it dis way yorubaish,i dont now know bout how wifey dey r sha lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by 0BASANJO: 12:17pm On Jan 26, 2010
huh,huh, ,hay wahala en lagos.
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by sirt1(m): 11:28am On Feb 15, 2010
kulyie:

una don start dis tribal nonesense again.nywayz d lil tins i know bout ijebu galz is dat dey have big backside,big bosom,big lips,talk 2 much,often lousy,excessive make up n sumtimes 2 local or let me put it dis way yorubaish,i dont now know bout how wifey dey r sha lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

@Kulyie

Can u see how stupid u sounded?

*Toyinrayo:

What evidence?

This is an opinionated thread.

Everybody needs not agree

A beg, help me tell them.

vfocus:

what language is that sorry i do not understand

same here.

Eaglebabe:

That man must be ready to die drinking ljebu garri.

Foolish talk.

Thor:

What are Ijebu girls like in bed?

Do they just lie there looking at the cieling like Igbo girls or are they creative, attentive and adventurous?

I think u can get that by yourself.
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by smooooooth: 11:34am On Feb 15, 2010
@ post,  why is dat?

1. cos they gas at random

2. or cos they have heavy ikebe full of poo

3. or cos they cheat like its tradition

4. or cos they only know ow to cook amala & ewedu

5. or cos they are party freaks and will rather buy aso ebi than pay a childs sch fees.

6. or cos they are so useless in bed.

abeg which one?  undecided
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by sirt1(m): 12:13pm On Feb 15, 2010
smooooooth:

@ post,  why is dat?

1. cos they gas at random

2. or cos they have heavy ikebe full of poo

3. or cos they cheat like its tradition

4. or cos they only know ow to cook amala & ewedu

5. or cos they are party freaks and will rather buy aso ebi than pay a childs sch fees.

6. or cos they are so useless in bed.

abeg which one?  undecided

Do u think u are making sense at all?
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by Nobody: 2:02pm On Feb 15, 2010
@sir t smooth is very correct.infact he has given a detailed illustration of a regular ijebu gal n point of correction i dont sound silly,just because u dont like wot u r reading on ur computer screen doesnt make me sound silly besides am already beginning 2 feel u are an ijebu boy shocked shocked shocked shocked because dey r quick 2 judge n pass comments b4 thinking grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by ayettymama(f): 2:05pm On Feb 15, 2010
lol

post thats the funniest shizz ive ever heard!!!
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by Dimka76(m): 2:09pm On Feb 15, 2010
my brother is married to one o. Since he got married 1 k no drop from guy pocket.

Wether d chick jazz self. Her relations are all over the houyse like eczema!

And she cant cook.

But she loves him, all dat matters.
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by sirt1(m): 2:23pm On Feb 15, 2010
kulyie:

@sir t smooth is very correct.infact he has given a detailed illustration of a regular ijebu gal n point of correction i dont sound silly,just because u dont like wot u r reading on your computer screen doesnt make me sound silly besides am already beginning 2 feel u are an ijebu boy shocked shocked shocked shocked because dey r quick 2 judge n pass comments b4 thinking grin grin grin grin grin grin

@kulyie

Joining issue with u is mere wast of time cos it is obvious u can see beyond ur Nose.

[b]because dey r quick 2 judge n pass comments b4 thinking[/b]

Once again, can u see how u are making fool of urself on the net? I pity u.
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by ayettymama(f): 2:25pm On Feb 15, 2010
Dimka 76:

my brother is married to one o. Since he got married 1 k no drop from guy pocket.

Wether d chick jazz self. Her relations are all over the houyse like eczema!

And she cant cook.

But she loves him, all dat matters.

soundz like typical ijebu woman and marriage to her!!!!

They will control him like theyve got his remote!
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by sirt1(m): 2:26pm On Feb 15, 2010
kulyie:

@sir t smooth is very correct.infact he has given a detailed illustration of a regular ijebu gal n point of correction i dont sound silly,just because u dont like wot u r reading on your computer screen doesnt make me sound silly besides am already beginning 2 feel u are an ijebu boy shocked shocked shocked shocked because dey r quick 2 judge n pass comments b4 thinking grin grin grin grin grin grin

@kulyie

Joining issue with u is mere waste of time cos it is obvious u can't see beyond your Nose.

because dey r quick 2 judge n pass comments b4 thinking

Once again, can u see how u are making fool of urself on the net?  I pity u.
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by kemisuga(f): 2:36pm On Feb 15, 2010
Very funny post indeed grin grin grin

@ smoooth - who told you Ijebu gurls cook Amala and Ewedu. Amala and Ewedu is obviously not Ijebu main meal. Ijebus are known with water-yam cooked like pottage (Ikokore) or fried (Ojojo).
*I dont gas at random.
*My Ikebe is moderate and beautiful. grin grin grin
*I dont cheat, am not sex freak.
*I dont like parties.
*And I am very very good on bed tongue tongue tongue

For me I know I AM A VERY GOOD WIFE MATERIAL, Ijebu or no Ijebu. smiley smiley smiley
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by sirt1(m): 2:55pm On Feb 15, 2010
kemisuga:

Very funny post indeed grin grin grin

@ smoooth - who told you Ijebu gurls cook Amala and Ewedu. Amala and Ewedu is obviously not Ijebu main meal. Ijebus are known with water-yam cooked like pottage (Ikokore) or fried (Ojojo).
*I dont gas at random.
*My Ikebe is moderate and beautiful. grin grin grin
*I dont cheat, am not intimacy freak.
*I dont like parties.
*And I am very very good on bed tongue tongue tongue

For me I know I AM A VERY GOOD WIFE MATERIAL,[b][b][b] Ijebu or no Ijebu[/b][/b][/b]. smiley smiley smiley

@ kemisuga

Thank dearie. May God bless u.

@ smoooth and his friend

Can u all see where u missed it? Take note of the bold in the quoted response above.
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by Nobody: 6:46pm On Feb 15, 2010
@ sir t, hate my comment or like it,really dont give a f%$*k but as far as i'm concerned IJEBU GALZ R local PARTY FREAKS (owanbe parties),LOUSY LOTS AND SEX FREAKS.if u r a ijebu boy sowy,d truth is always painful but it has 2 be told grin grin grin grin grin grin so kip on ranting n makin a nuisance of urself on nl.IJEBU GALS R WAY 2 LOCAL,no composure,lack decency n self respect grin grin grin grin.point of correction amala is a general food eating mainly by all yorubas irrespective of tribe n some other people like d ibos,fulanis etc.it is not resticted,ewedu inclusive.PIECE OF ADVICE LEARN MORE,RANT LESS N GROW UP cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is It Compulsory To Do Ones Traditional Wedding At The Village? / Nigeria Traditional Marriage, The Urhobo Way / Lost In Translation: English And Yoruba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.