Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,880 members, 7,824,679 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Nigeria vs. Argentina (World Youth Championship Final) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria vs. Argentina (World Youth Championship Final) (3934 Views)

Flying Eagles Are The Winners Of The African Youth Championship / CAF U-20 African Youth Championship: Senegal 2015 / Nigeria Vs Gabon: Africa Youth Championship: (1 - 0) On 20th March 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria vs. Argentina (World Youth Championship Final) by exago(m): 6:17am On Jun 29, 2005
World Youth Championships

Nigeria's Flying Eagles have qualified for the final of the World Youth Championships in Holland, beating Morocco 3-0 in Kerkrade.  Olympique Marseille defender Taye Taiwo scored the opening goal in the 34th minute, with Olubayo Adefemi and Chinedu Ogbuke scoring subsequent goals in the 70th and 75th minutes.

Nigeria, who last reached the final of the World Youth Championship in 1989, will face Argentina in Saturday's title decider in Utrecht.

So Mamba got his prediction right [3-0]. Hope he gets the [I]prize[/I] promised him.
Re: Nigeria vs. Argentina (World Youth Championship Final) by Greatpeter(m): 9:35am On Jun 29, 2005
Yes he will.
So how will final look like?
Re: Nigeria vs. Argentina (World Youth Championship Final) by babadudu(m): 3:09pm On Jun 29, 2005
2-1 in favour of Nigeria
Re: Nigeria vs. Argentina (World Youth Championship Final) by whizkid(f): 3:37pm On Jun 29, 2005
This is going to be a tough match, I foresee it will end in penalty shoot-out. I really don't trust the flying eagles to give it their best, Sorry but that is how I feel. We can only pray.
Re: Nigeria vs. Argentina (World Youth Championship Final) by babadudu(m): 4:20pm On Jun 29, 2005
Prayer would not work in this situation. It's the efforts that the players bring to the field that will determine the outcome smiley
Re: Nigeria vs. Argentina (World Youth Championship Final) by whizkid(f): 5:22pm On Jun 29, 2005
You are very wrong my dear. Prayer works in every situation, it just depends on the quality of your prayer. Besides, nobody said the players ain't going to make an effort to win. Nobody want to be a loser, you know!
Re: Nigeria vs. Argentina (World Youth Championship Final) by babadudu(m): 5:42pm On Jun 29, 2005
trish:

babadudu link=topic=632.msg8612#msg8612 date=1120058423:

[quote author=whizkid link=topic=632.msg8597#msg8597 date=1120055825]
This is going to be a tough match, I foresee it will end in penalty shoot-out. I really don't trust the flying eagles to give it their best, Sorry but that is how I feel. We can only pray.

Prayer would not work in this situation...it's the efforts that the players bring to the field that will determine the outcome smiley

You are very wrong my dear, prayer works in every situation, it just depends on the quality of your prayer. Besides, nobody said the players aint going to make an effort to win, nobody want to be a loser, you know!
[/quote]

Prayer works in every situation...true. The point I'm trying to make is just praying in this situation would not work. If you feel it will, try just praying for a big exam without studying for the exams. Try praying so hard without opening a single page of your textbook...go sit for the exam and tell me if you wouldn't get a big fat zero. It's okay to pray for the strength or knowledge to read and understand...but to pray to pass the exam without studying? You get the my point now?
Re: Nigeria vs. Argentina (World Youth Championship Final) by Greatpeter(m): 7:16pm On Jun 29, 2005
Prayer of faith with hard work works miracles
Re: Nigeria vs. Argentina (World Youth Championship Final) by opeyemi(m): 5:09pm On Jun 30, 2005
Congratulations in advance!

Lets just watch and pray.

We shall be victorious come saurday. I believe we are going to beat argentina. It will be 1-0 or 2-0. AMEN.
Re: Nigeria vs. Argentina (World Youth Championship Final) by obong(m): 4:22am On Jul 01, 2005
Nigeria will win 4-0
Re: Nigeria vs. Argentina (World Youth Championship Final) by fataiiyo(m): 9:19am On Jul 02, 2005
Nigeria is going to win this match. Anyone wanna bet? I have a dream of it; the match will end with penalty.
Re: Nigeria vs. Argentina (World Youth Championship Final) by eniolatj(m): 10:23am On Jul 02, 2005
In the history of football in Nigeria, Atlanta 96 is one of the football event that Nigeria can never forget. In this Olympic held in USA, Nigeria was the first Africa to won Gold medal in football. Nigeria defeated Argentina in that match with the talented players like Kanu (Papillo), Celestine Babayaro, Amokachi e.t.c.

The history will repeat itself later today at about 20.00GMT when Nigerian representative in the World youth championship file out with their counterpart Argentina from south America, the country that can be left our in the history of football.

My fellow people of Nairaland, pray for the success of the Nigerian team today and let us support the team in today's final match and I have strong belief and confidence in the team that they will make us proud.

Congratulation in Advance.

Re: Nigeria vs. Argentina (World Youth Championship Final) by Greatpeter(m): 6:51pm On Jul 02, 2005
I just pray so. I'm catching cold here for the match. Is that not tension?
Re: Nigeria vs. Argentina (World Youth Championship Final) by pkrix(m): 7:06pm On Jul 02, 2005
Argentina got the first corner kick! They seem more compose than Nigeria,
Re: Nigeria vs. Argentina (World Youth Championship Final) by Seun(m): 7:08pm On Jul 02, 2005
Either tension or malaria. How do we cover this one live. Who's going to be our sports correspondent?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria vs. Argentina (World Youth Championship Final) by pkrix(m): 7:10pm On Jul 02, 2005
foul ball! to be played by Taiye Taiwo near the 18m box. Oh no, somebody knock it out
Re: Nigeria vs. Argentina (World Youth Championship Final) by Seun(m): 7:39pm On Jul 02, 2005
38 Minutes. Penalty against Nigeria sad
Re: Nigeria vs. Argentina (World Youth Championship Final) by pkrix(m): 7:53pm On Jul 02, 2005
Nigeria got what seems like penalty in the extra time and the referee doesn't award it to them. Is that a PDP referee?
Re: Nigeria vs. Argentina (World Youth Championship Final) by Seun(m): 8:40pm On Jul 02, 2005
Well now it's 1-1, and I'm no longer interested in the match.
Re: Nigeria vs. Argentina (World Youth Championship Final) by pkrix(m): 9:00pm On Jul 02, 2005
2 - 0

God punish that referee.

Christ! What an obvious PDP.

They must have bought him over to their side.

So, whitemen are more corrupt than blacks after all.

Because of this, I hate a whiteman.

Once again God Punish that referee and him entire family.

Nonsense. That money wey them use buy am over no go better for am
Re: Nigeria vs. Argentina (World Youth Championship Final) by mamba(m): 9:10pm On Jul 02, 2005
cry cry cry cry cry cry

I don cry taya cry
Re: Nigeria vs. Argentina (World Youth Championship Final) by mamba(m): 9:12pm On Jul 02, 2005
Ahh!! What a painful match...

sad sad cry angry angry embarassed embarassed
Re: Nigeria vs. Argentina (World Youth Championship Final) by pkrix(m): 9:45pm On Jul 02, 2005
I am just playing a hard hip hop song to bear the pain of the loss of the match.

The title of the song "u just keep blessing me"

But u will agree with me that the referee was not fair to us.
Re: Nigeria vs. Argentina (World Youth Championship Final) by Greatpeter(m): 9:45pm On Jul 02, 2005
It was 13 against 11. The centre ref, and the 2 asst ref.
I hand them over to God, but the cup is on loan. The boys have tried their best.
But a question remains, How can we keep these boys together?
Can we raise another good team like this?
Re: Nigeria vs. Argentina (World Youth Championship Final) by pkrix(m): 9:51pm On Jul 02, 2005
God bless "the Flying Eagles" In fact I lobe'em more than my m**

At least the world knows we in terms of skill deserve the cup but for the referee who has sold his pride to the world.

What a shame for the good for nothing but bribery or may be racism referee.
Re: Nigeria vs. Argentina (World Youth Championship Final) by mamba(m): 10:26pm On Jul 02, 2005
All I know is that the match ended 1 - 0 in favour of Nigeria....
Re: Nigeria vs. Argentina (World Youth Championship Final) by medube(m): 10:27pm On Jul 02, 2005
Once again Nigeria falls to the Argentinians due to bad refereeing and officiating. Does anyone seem to think otherwise...?

I mean firstly we were not awarded our 2 penalties with very clear pushes as indicated in the replays. Most times if the Flying Eagles merely kicked the ball it was a regarded as a foul, so i think they eventually gave up.

In my opinion, the boys tried and I hope they keep them and groom them for future places in the Super Eagles.
Re: Nigeria vs. Argentina (World Youth Championship Final) by uchesco(m): 1:52am On Jul 03, 2005
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angryThat match really pissed me off..... not just only me but possibly Sepp Blatter and other football loving people... Any final match that is decided by two controversial penalties awarded to the same team.... cannot be too good for football.I mean it was obvious to all that the argies strategy was to perfect their diving skills in the 18....
Any how, Siasia and his boys should still hold their heads high.... They attained and out-performed our expectations ... unlike their GrandPapa Eagles..... Pls don't get me started on that.........................
Re: Nigeria vs. Argentina (World Youth Championship Final) by obong(m): 1:53am On Jul 03, 2005
pkrix:

2 - 0

God punish that referee.

Christ! What an obvious PDP.

They must have bought him over to their side.

So, whitemen are more corrupt than blacks after all.

Because of this, I hate a whiteman.

Once again God Punish that referee and him entire family.

Nonsense. That money wey them use buy am over no go better for am

Of course the whiteman is more corrupt than the blackman. Those people are crazy. The penalties were so obviously biased against us
Re: Nigeria vs. Argentina (World Youth Championship Final) by Seun(m): 10:35am On Jul 03, 2005
The Argentines were good at setting offside traps; they caught our attackers off-side so many times during this one match.
Re: Nigeria vs. Argentina (World Youth Championship Final) by abes(m): 3:32pm On Jul 03, 2005
The match ended in two ways,
2-1 in THIER own way and 1-0 in favour of Nigeria in MY own way.
Re: Nigeria vs. Argentina (World Youth Championship Final) by fataiiyo(m): 9:24am On Jul 04, 2005
all i know is dat the macht end with 1-0

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yakubu Has An Overbloated Opinion Of Himself / Adamu Blasts Nff Over Galadima's Nomination / CAF Disqualified Egypt, Hands Ticket To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.