Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

Nigeria vs. Argentina (World Youth Championship Final) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria vs. Argentina (World Youth Championship Final) (3929 Views)

Flying Eagles Are The Winners Of The African Youth Championship / CAF U-20 African Youth Championship: Senegal 2015 / Nigeria Vs Gabon: Africa Youth Championship: (1 - 0) On 20th March 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria vs. Argentina (World Youth Championship Final) by Vieira(m): 10:45am On Jul 04, 2005
oh my god!!!!

please let us not fool ourselves!!

this is why we will never progress if we continue to blames others!

we lost because our defenders were so naive and stupid to make rash challenges in the 18 yard box.

they were both penalties and had to be given!

If our defenders did not make such foolish tackles we would have won.

The first penalty was the worst! why did the guy tackle him? the guy was not going anywhere.

I coach a sunday league team and if one of my defenders had done that I would give him the blasting of his life!

I feel really sad to see that we in nigeria still blame others for our failings.
Re: Nigeria vs. Argentina (World Youth Championship Final) by mamba(m): 11:09am On Jul 04, 2005
hey guys,
Let's just admit it, the ref shoulda overlooked the 2nd Pena

for goodness sake, that was a final match and a world class game, the ref was unfair... plain and simple...

I'm sure he'll be summoned by Fifa for such act.
Even a look at the cross-section of the crowd @ the final whistle shows that the match was unfairly officiated

WE WERE ROBBED IN BROAD DAYLIGHT in front of millions of people worldwide....
Re: Nigeria vs. Argentina (World Youth Championship Final) by olaide07(f): 11:13am On Jul 04, 2005
Our boys did real well.Wewon the match but didnot get the cup.
Up flying eagles!
Re: Nigeria vs. Argentina (World Youth Championship Final) by Vieira(m): 11:28am On Jul 04, 2005
hey guys,
Let's just admit it, the ref shoulda overlooked the 2nd Pena

why should he overlook it? was it not a penalty?
I tire for you people!

Nigeria was the better team in terms of play but we were let down by two foolish tackles from our defenders, case closed.

If no one is ready to admit this, then these defenders will do it again and cost naija again. Our naivete always costs us in these big games.
Re: Nigeria vs. Argentina (World Youth Championship Final) by Greatpeter(m): 7:11pm On Jul 05, 2005
Well, that was your opinion which you are entitle to. First, weren't we denied of our own clear penalty?
In the final penalties are rarely given cheap like that. You are to work and earn your victory not through diving. The aegentines played their antics they are known for and the refree danced to their tune.
It was painful anyway.
Like I said after the match, the cup is on loan.
Re: Nigeria vs. Argentina (World Youth Championship Final) by bootysue(f): 7:39pm On Jul 05, 2005
i understand your point viera which is very true, however, how do u explain the penalty we should have been awarded but denied becos "almighty" FIFA has given refrees absolute power to decide who gets what. that was a very painful match for me and having watched the wimbledon tenis championship earlier in the day btw venus williams and davenport i couldnt help concludingg that its all the same racism. if not, why would messi be given the golden boot, i thought it was usually given as a compensation to the team that looses. perhaphs someone can correct me if am wrong.
Re: Nigeria vs. Argentina (World Youth Championship Final) by mamba(m): 8:20pm On Jul 05, 2005
golden boot is for the highest goal scorer whom happened to be Messi
Re: Nigeria vs. Argentina (World Youth Championship Final) by Vieira(m): 9:08pm On Jul 05, 2005
mamba:

golden boot is for the highest goal scorer whom happened to be Messi

mamba the fact that you had to explain this to bootysue how can I even start to have a football discussion with bootysue

Greatpeter, this is a game of opinions and in my honest opinion I think Nigerias penalty claim was a very weak one.

But I actually do not want that to be the focus of debate, the focus should be on the two we gave away and let me tell you there was no dive for those two penalties! They were as clear as daylight! Foolosh tackles! and what worries me is that unless they are correted which no one seems to be doing, they will repeat the same mistake and we will be having this discussion again.
Re: Nigeria vs. Argentina (World Youth Championship Final) by bootysue(f): 2:34pm On Jul 08, 2005
my mistake, MVP i meant, messi was given both so i guess it was obvious to everyone else (except viera) no offence (given/taken)

mistakes are meant to be made anway.

ta
Re: Nigeria vs. Argentina (World Youth Championship Final) by Chxta(m): 3:00pm On Jul 09, 2005
Argentina was playing the best football to deserve the title. However, I thought they were lackluster and played on their heels in the final. If anything, Argentina only seemed to get up off of their fat asses until after they had the 2-1 lead, which was completely nonsensical up until that point.

Nigeria had a terrible lateral game: bad finishing and they couldn't make a good cross to hit the side of a barn. But in the forward direction, their passing was precise and they sliced deep holes in the Argentina defensive line like it was butter. If Nigeria could actually finish and cross, this match should have ended 3-1 in their favor.

What I expected to be Nigeria's demise turned out precisely to be their demise: themselves. They have no one else to blame but themselves for the final loss. The penalties they surrendered were inexcusable and handed over the game.

Argentina were lucky, yes, lucky, to come away with a win in the final match. If I were them, I wouldn't be boasting about their great prowess on the pitch after such a lackluster performance in yet another final.
Re: Nigeria vs. Argentina (World Youth Championship Final) by fataiiyo(m): 9:38am On Jul 16, 2005
we were robbed of victory... it seems it's a sin to be a black man. i wonder how racism could be eradicated...........ho Egabn say: were ma ni refu yan.. that ref. is a mad man yah of cos
by babs4 niga
Re: Nigeria vs. Argentina (World Youth Championship Final) by sage(m): 4:16pm On Jul 25, 2005
its football guyz it could bo either way.
Re: Nigeria vs. Argentina (World Youth Championship Final) by 9ijaprince(m): 6:38pm On Sep 29, 2009
Lets flash back.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dele Alli’s Estranged Parents In Desperate Plea To Reconnect With Alli / Ronaldo officially becomes Madrid's all time highest goalscorer (photos) / See What Ronaldo De Lima Has Become!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.