Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,999 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:30 PM

Can A Recyled Number Be Used To Register For BVN? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can A Recyled Number Be Used To Register For BVN? (297 Views)

BVN: A Data Reselling Website Requests For BVN From Its Users / How long Does It Take For Bvn Number To Reach A Phone Number / Luno Bitcoin Wallet Requesting For BVN For Verification (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Recyled Number Be Used To Register For BVN? by BluntNigerian: 7:19am On Dec 18, 2020
I bought a new line last two weeks.
I wanted to use it to register for my BVN, and unfortunately, it cannot be registered.
Reason:
“Someone else had already used my number to register for BVN..”

Even with all the receipts and evidences that I am the current genuine owner of the number, the bank still refused.
I told them to de-register the number from the other BVN which belonged to the previous owner of the same number, but they said that it cannot be done.. They said that I had to contact the person, so that he can apply for the change by himself.... (So, how do I contact him?? Do I even know him? I am the user of the number, so how do I get his current number and call him?)
I don't know why the Banks couldn't contact the Network Service Providers to run a history-check of such lines...
Or, do I have to go and get a police report by myself and proceed to my Network-Provider in order to run the history-check on the line, just because I happened to be the unfortunate citizen who happened to purchase the recyled number??
Re: Can A Recyled Number Be Used To Register For BVN? by BluntNigerian: 7:20am On Dec 18, 2020
BluntNigerian:
I bought a new line last two weeks.
I wanted to use it to register for my BVN, and unfortunately, it cannot be registered.
Reason:
“Someone else had already used my number to register for BVN..”

Even with all the receipts and evidences that I am the current genuine owner of the number, the bank still refused.
I told them to de-register the number from the other BVN which belonged to the previous owner of the same number, but they said that it cannot be done.. They said that I had to contact the person, so that he can apply for the change by himself.... (So, how do I contact him?? Do I even know him? I am the user of the number, so how do I get his current number and call him?)
I don't know why the Banks couldn't contact the Network Service Providers to run a history-check of such lines...
Or, do I have to go and get a police report by myself and proceed to my Network-Provider in order to run the history-check on the line, just because I happened to be the unfortunate citizen who happened to purchase the recyled number??

I would like to know your opinions to this..

Sanchez01:

Sanchez01:

seunayantokun:

Bossman:
Exactly! Not an issue at all. Registering the recycled/new sim card will require that an NIN be provided. Or once a number is recycled, Telco's will automatically delete all the owners data associated with the sim card.

NobleDeSage001:
Number recycling will not stop.

Rather, once a mobile number is determined to have become dormant and out of use for the prescribed period, the personal details of the former owner can be erased at the time of reissue to a new subscriber.

DonOms:
Yes, number recycling will continue so the number blocks are not wasted since it costs these telecoms company (TELCOS) money to get extra numbers.

What I expect the TELCOS to do is to update the NIN info at the point of re-registering a recycled number i.e. a recycled number will get updated with the NIN and data of the new customer buying the recycled number.

DukeJoe17:

Very simple:
NIN will be replaced while registering for the recycled number. Shikina.

alawiiyeyoruba:
Very good question, but I think once a number isn't in use again, the entire database would be wiped alongside the NIN

Re: Can A Recyled Number Be Used To Register For BVN? by BluntNigerian: 7:24am On Dec 18, 2020
Lalasticlala
Re: Can A Recyled Number Be Used To Register For BVN? by BluntNigerian: 7:24am On Dec 18, 2020
Seun
Re: Can A Recyled Number Be Used To Register For BVN? by Tools4sale: 7:37am On Dec 18, 2020
Get a police report and court affidavit... Only then the bank can change it for u...
Re: Can A Recyled Number Be Used To Register For BVN? by BluntNigerian: 12:01pm On Dec 18, 2020
Tools4sale:
Get a police report and court affidavit... Only then the bank can change it for u...
Na Waa Ooo...
So, Because I bought a new phone number for myself,, I will enter police station in order to get police report, and after that, I go to court to get affidavit... Just because I want to use a supposedly barnd-new phone number which I bought for myself??
Why should I be the one to suffer for the gap in communication between my bank and my network-provider??
Re: Can A Recyled Number Be Used To Register For BVN? by BluntNigerian: 1:57pm On Dec 18, 2020
Lalasticlala
Re: Can A Recyled Number Be Used To Register For BVN? by BluntNigerian: 8:49am On Dec 19, 2020
Luluosas, Sanchez01, Seunayantokun, Bossman, NobleDeSage001, DonOms, DukeJoe17, Alawiiyeyoruba..
Please Your Opinions Are Needed.
Re: Can A Recyled Number Be Used To Register For BVN? by DukeJoe17: 12:16pm On Dec 19, 2020
Tools4sale:
Nigeria is a mess, to get yourself exonerated from all impending wrath that will be coming in the future, I charge you to heed to the advice above

(1) (Reply)

Get In Here If You Need Any Of This !!!! / Learn how to make 3D Design / Learn Free Ways To Trade Forex In 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.