Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,930 members, 7,835,107 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai (34479 Views)

Prof. Soludo And His African- Dubai- Taiwan Agenda In Anambra State. / I Don't Know The Technology Used In Making Of Ganduje Bribery Videos - Buhari / Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by bigdammyj: 3:05pm On Dec 18, 2020
Noted

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by bash8936: 3:05pm On Dec 18, 2020
omoharry:
Lagos is too dirty and disorganize.Maybe Abuja sha.
How many place have u visited in Lagos...Poor bastard
Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 18, 2020
Some Nigerians has no shame sha, in the midst or with the level of insecurity in Nigeria, the reasonable thing you think you can do is hype mediocrity because of peanut.
Shame.
Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by Nobody: 3:07pm On Dec 18, 2020
Chrisbella24:

E be like say them dey pay people to hype Akwa Ibom.

The hyping from this Government is too much.

His first post this month was about hyping the same governor and his "purported achievements " and this is another within a week or 2...

If we have ppl like this, Do you think the politicians are the problem

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by bash8936: 3:07pm On Dec 18, 2020
omoharry:
Lagos is too dirty and disorganize.Maybe Abuja sha.

Lagos still remains the best state in ur fucking slum country wether u like it or not upon all the hating.
Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by Mekanus(m): 3:07pm On Dec 18, 2020
I laugh in Swahili. There's actually nothing in Akwa Ibom that's worth all these unnecessary hype. Even the residential buildings in Uyo can't be compared to some houses in some South East villages. The only good thing in Uyo, the state capital is good network of roads. In fact, Abakaliki is far more developed than Uyo.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by ngmart(m): 3:08pm On Dec 18, 2020
THE MAN TRI SHAA

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by lagdmark(m): 3:09pm On Dec 18, 2020
uptimum123:
Because of sea port?

Still long way to go...maybe after 600 years
No mind government noise makers, to provide 24hrs Power supply and security they can not. They think Dubai was built on propaganda.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by ishmaelistic: 3:09pm On Dec 18, 2020
Good news!!!
I was personally waiting for this opportunity. I pray they kick-start it.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by RichAbujaGuy: 3:11pm On Dec 18, 2020
Great Positive strategic report. Don't forget, Rome wasn't built in a day.
One day our 9ja oloshos will discover steady food, light, good shopping in Akwa Ibom and stop traveling to Dubai for market. wink

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by stalwart123(m): 3:13pm On Dec 18, 2020
Duru9:
No be to migrate to this state now before e go late

I beg is uber working there make I come de run bolt there

I go like make friend with someone who stays there

No Uber ooo
Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by Finnese001: 3:13pm On Dec 18, 2020
Inconsequential minorities tongue
Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by Sola15(m): 3:14pm On Dec 18, 2020
Continue deceiving yourself.
You're not up to the standard of some better states in Nigeria, yet, you're comparing it to Dubai.
You definitely haven't traveled to Dubai before
Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by RPirez: 3:15pm On Dec 18, 2020
Can anything good come from the SE of 9ja?
Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by Emperor4tune(m): 3:16pm On Dec 18, 2020
ClassicCaleb:
All thanks to Akpabio, But as for Udom all his project na audio made popular by paid junk journalist,. God bless Akpabio forever
forever bro..that guy placed akwa ibom to where it is today...let give respect to who deserves it

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by stacyadams: 3:17pm On Dec 18, 2020
Emperor4tune:
forever bro..that guy placed akwa ibom to where it is today...let give respect to who deserves it

Victor attah nko?
Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by Codes151(m): 3:18pm On Dec 18, 2020
All this op way them never pay.

Will you shut up?!!

No result yet you hyping.

Mention one project that vagabond has done in his constituency
Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by Codes151(m): 3:19pm On Dec 18, 2020
Emperor4tune:
stay blessed. You are a true son.

Lets stop lying to ourselves.
Udom is a failure

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 18, 2020
Duru9:
No be to migrate to this state now before e go late

I beg is uber working there make I come de run bolt there

I go like make friend with someone who stays there

Worst place to run bolt o.
Prices r ridiculous.
U will be asked to do 50rides a week to get 3500bonus.
Lol.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by Jerewise332(m): 3:20pm On Dec 18, 2020
I'm from Akwa Ibom state
And I can only regard this thread as a TRASH
Which Dubai?
How many infrastructure has this present administration could deliver?
Or are you going to talk about some of the abandoned projects in the state?
Just because FG has approved Ibaka deep sea port thats makes Akwa Ibom looks like Dubai. May be you're referring to Ibom Christmas village.. You better wake up from your sleep
As crowded as Lagos is, you can't compare Lagos to Akwa Ibom in term of development strives. Not as if I don't like my state Akwa Ibom, I do but when you see the truth speak out.. Politicians in Akwa Ibom, they'll make their money in Akwa Ibom then travel to lag, abu or even travels overseas to spend the money when theyre back, all you could see them built is hotels and filling stations.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by JaceBlaze: 3:21pm On Dec 18, 2020

Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by phantom24: 3:21pm On Dec 18, 2020
Udom has tried but he's the worst performing govt. In the state's History. As for this thread i don't blame the psycophant that put this up, but i blame the mod who push this to front page.
Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by OROSUNBOLB(m): 3:21pm On Dec 18, 2020
Mikehot:
All i want to say is that Buhari, Buratai, Shekau, Boko Haram, Fulani Herdsmen, Bandits are all the same jihadists aiding and albeting to divert the resources of this country to the desert

Call it Rasome payment, Ruga settlement, Arms against terrorist, buying zamfara gold, Oil exploration in north, North East Development commission

You're right; that is what's going on in Nigeria right now !
Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by Olam09(m): 3:22pm On Dec 18, 2020
You dey happy ontop blueprint mtcheww
Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by heniford2: 3:27pm On Dec 18, 2020
guys no state in Nigeria is doing well all of them are useless before know we have vision goal order mind know we are doomed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by piagetskinner(m): 3:27pm On Dec 18, 2020
Uyo is not that fine abeggy... it’s very neat..

I spent some days there

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by Jerewise332(m): 3:28pm On Dec 18, 2020
humilitypays:
The little success we are witnessing in Akwa Ibom now is just a sample show of what Nigeria can become if we restructure Nigeria now.

The sad truth is Britain and France destroyed Nigeria and other African nations by joining tribes with parallel cultures, lifestyle, belief and interest together to form different African nations, out of their devilish interests to have larger size of African nations to milk during the colonial era.

This wicked act of merging too many tribes to form one African country gave rise to tribal competition and agitation in African nations, and of course corruption by people in power trying to favor their tribesmen against other tribes, and this plunged African nations into years and decades of civil wars and later massive corrupt governments in the name of military governments cum corrupt Democratic governments we have today in African nations.

But go to Europe, almost all countries in Europe are made up of people of similar heritage and interest.

Even in the UK made up of - Ireland, Scotland, Wales and Britain don't have same cultural values and that is why they practice the United kingdom kind of government but with each kingdom - Ireland, Scotland, Wales and Britain having their own independent governments and sovereignty, but they lumped different tribes in Nigeria into one big ungovernable country called Nigeria.

Until Nigeria restructures or divides, there is no hope for a better Nigeria no matter who is elected as President of Nigeria undecided

The time for Nigeria to fully implement local Policing has come. Only Northerners can secure their region. Only Northerners understand their terrain and how to secure it against external or internal aggression. Same applies to Southern Nigerians.

The time to restructure is now.

They should use the 6 geopolitical zones as a test template to restructure Nigeria and test the level of success for like 20 years and see.

Let each geopolitical zone become a sovereign region. Nigeria should also be renamed to United Regions of Africa; URA or United Regions of West Africa; URWA or United Regions of Sahara; URS!

Each region must have their own Prime Minister and Regional Police but we will have one United National Guard, that's the military.

Stories

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by rowland545(m): 3:28pm On Dec 18, 2020
Nanaborga:
Which kind unnecessary hyping be this na , uyo is fine but far from what being dubbed the Nigerian Dubai when there is still Lagos , Abuja and cross river , how many beach or tourist sites can one visit in akwa ibom state , even the ibeno beach na just fishing site and not a fun place tourist can go relax , uyo and some few other local government there is neat , has good roads and all that , but no amazing architectural design to even blow ones mind there , stop this unnecessary hyping please , when all udom do is loot quietly, to me
Akwa ibom is the same way akpabio left it , no much new developments that is worthy of all this long epistle , instead hail akpabio and I will understand
I stopped reading d rubbish when u mention cross river....I'm very sure u r from ogbomosho.

Akwa ibom has over taken cross river and rivers join together...u need to see d massive infrastructure going on there.

Its indeed d African Dubai just like d writer stated....don't let hate kill u

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by Donspicey: 3:28pm On Dec 18, 2020
DenreleDave:
Muahh.. Uyo is kinda boring now for me a corper.

Maybe na be coz I no get money..

Akwa ibomites, how the Xmas go be na?
I don't want boredom to kill me ooo..

Who will flex me in this coming Xmas...?

Make una flex corper DenreleDave ooi, I wan enjoy this akwa ibom wey I come serve oooo

Abasi ayaya ooooo

No worry dem physical gurls dia go flex u....

No allow dia NLander babes near u oooo
Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by Goahead(m): 3:29pm On Dec 18, 2020
We have poor taste for everything in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by Godbless3(m): 3:30pm On Dec 18, 2020
Da owo, mbo fo eme ediongo etang ndisime iko..
Purely overhype. Which kind Dubai akwa ibom is? Which kind dubai with their rich resources, can't provide job to its people?
Which kind dubai where all my niggas dem have relocated to lagos, abuja, ibadan, ph, for greener pasture?
Da owo, iwed eti mkpo ekpong uto mkpo ewed te mi mbok.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

ICC Petition: Falana Replies Okonjo-iweala / Amaechi, Fashola Emerge Super-ministers / Farmers And Forest Guards In Ondo Protest Against Unregistered Herdsmen (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.