Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

8-Lane Highway Linking Port-Harcourt & Obigbo (Pictures & Video) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 8-Lane Highway Linking Port-Harcourt & Obigbo (Pictures & Video) (48759 Views)

No Gree For Anybody: Now See This, Na Your Lane, You Go Gree? (pics) / Akwa Ibom Commences 8-Lane Construction Of Ring Road 2 (Photos) / Buhari Completes The 10-Lane Superhighway Linking Port Harcourt & Oyigbo (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8-Lane Highway Linking Port-Harcourt & Obigbo (Pictures & Video) by obailala(m): 8:28pm On Dec 19, 2020
KayyDee:

It seems your advice will be good for yourself too.

Please, do pause and consider carefully before commenting on topics like this...
Especially if you don't live in PH/Rivers.

The fact that this is apparently being done only on the RIVERS STATE section of the express, will tell any discerning person that the road project was most likely initiated by the Rivers State Government (Of course, in hopes of getting refund from the FG in the future)
Of course, many State Government do this/or has done this in the past (just in case you are among those who believe that once a project is ongoing at a federal road, it must then be an FG project)

This is not to argue who is better between Rivers Gov & FG, or who should take the glory. It's just to set the records straight.

So, be well guided my friend.
Thank you.
Are you certain that the road is being constructed by River's state government?
Re: 8-Lane Highway Linking Port-Harcourt & Obigbo (Pictures & Video) by Tekrify(m): 8:31pm On Dec 19, 2020
Please it is not.. besides the 78 billion wike is demanding from FG is the money AMAECHI used to build federal foads
DrayZee:

I think this is the road that Wike used Rivers money to construct...and started waiting for Buhari to pay Rivers back.

If it is, then I think it’s okay to say Wike did the project.
Re: 8-Lane Highway Linking Port-Harcourt & Obigbo (Pictures & Video) by SANDAT(m): 8:34pm On Dec 19, 2020
leisuretym:
Good! This is better that some state where all they celebrate is rescue of book harram bandits victims, to them ..that's development
May be u need to visit katsina state and see roads I mean good roads that some have just few traffic. If you don't travel ask those who do.

1 Like

Re: 8-Lane Highway Linking Port-Harcourt & Obigbo (Pictures & Video) by Tekrify(m): 8:34pm On Dec 19, 2020
The road is carried out in sections..the blogger is reporting on ABA to portharcourt section being built by CCECC there is the section from Enugu to okigwe that Arab contractor I believe or RCC is constructing..there is the okigwe umuahia to aba section..
The project is fully FG funded..wike hasnt built any Significant FG road
KayyDee:

Please, kindly check well before commenting.

This is Part of the PH - ENUGU Expressway instead.

East-West road only crossed the road at Eleme junction.

Again, the fact that this is apparently being done only on the RIVERS STATE section of the express, will tell any discerning person that the road project was most likely initiated by the Rivers State Government (Of course, in hopes of getting refund from the FG in the future) Many State Government do this/or has done this in the past (just in case you are among those who believe that once a project is ongoing at a federal road, it must then be an FG project)

This is not to argue who is better between Rivers Gov & FG, or who should take the glory. It's just to set the records straight.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: 8-Lane Highway Linking Port-Harcourt & Obigbo (Pictures & Video) by bejeria101(m): 8:35pm On Dec 19, 2020
dogmax:
I'm not a lover of buhari but he is better than previous government in infrastructural development. People can say what they like (IPOB) I have made my point and you know it. Buhari just need to good decision to move the economy forward and tighten our security

With what brain?

Which buhari? The last cowbender or the clone?

You amaze me lol
Re: 8-Lane Highway Linking Port-Harcourt & Obigbo (Pictures & Video) by Tekrify(m): 8:42pm On Dec 19, 2020
Google is ur Friend..
Stop spewing lies because ur not aware..the Bodo bonny bridge and about 40km being built by Julius Berger is a federal government project...
East West road is a federal government project...
The international airport terminal bubu commissioned is 100 percent FG project..ABA portharcourt express road is handled by CCECC and is fully FG funded..that road is part of the Enugu portharcourt express road.. Which various sections like Enugu to okigwe..okigwe umuahia..and umuahia to aba...handled by Arab contractor and RCC ..they are all under construction....or u want to tell me wike will build his own section with state money and smile at FG for building other sections with FG money coming from oil..
KayyDee:

Exactly my bro,

Indeed, most people rush to comment on a project they may know nothing about, just to glorify a government they are supporting.

I for one, believe this project is most likely a Rivers State Government project.

To the best of my knowledge, there was no Federal contract awarded for the reconstruction of Enugu-Umuahia-Aba-PH Expressway.

Rivers being a very rich state tend to do their section of Federal roads after waiting for FG long enough without answer.

They did it with the road leading to Owerri/IMO State, whereby travellers enjoy their trip till they get to Omerelu, then it's a case of nightmare down to Owerri, starting from the Imo State boundary.

1 Like

Re: 8-Lane Highway Linking Port-Harcourt & Obigbo (Pictures & Video) by igboamakaaa: 8:46pm On Dec 19, 2020
Biafrannuke:
Links Eastern Nigeria with 'Niger delta'?

what is Niger delta?
My brother help me ask oh.
Re: 8-Lane Highway Linking Port-Harcourt & Obigbo (Pictures & Video) by walozanga(m): 8:50pm On Dec 19, 2020
Biafrannuke:

what is Niger delta?
grin
Biafrannuke:

what is Niger delta?

LOL..
Re: 8-Lane Highway Linking Port-Harcourt & Obigbo (Pictures & Video) by Nchenches: 8:54pm On Dec 19, 2020
thesicilian:
And we're supposed to clap because of this substandard road?

Mynd44 come see ooo.

This is like a drop in the ocean.

This area of Nigeria is supposed to be looking like Dubai by now if not for the roguish governance system and political structure created by Arewa - a horrible situation some dubious people will ban discourse on NL.

1 Like

Re: 8-Lane Highway Linking Port-Harcourt & Obigbo (Pictures & Video) by slowice(m): 8:56pm On Dec 19, 2020
Very short distance road that's been in construction for about 3 years still they haven't been able to complete it.... Nonsense, the section connecting oyigbo from aba is a complete disaster..... I travelled through and fro that road to Aba on Thursday... A total mess, some lanes are completely gone and none existent ..... I mean elephant grass has taken over on a federal High way linking pH to the commercial city of aba. Nothing to hype this administration about.
Re: 8-Lane Highway Linking Port-Harcourt & Obigbo (Pictures & Video) by EjaikreTheViper(f): 8:57pm On Dec 19, 2020
dogmax:
I'm not a lover of buhari but he is better than previous government in infrastructural development. People can say what they like (IPOB) I have made my point and you know it. Buhari just need to good decision to move the economy forward and tighten our security

SHUT UP!!!

1 Like

Re: 8-Lane Highway Linking Port-Harcourt & Obigbo (Pictures & Video) by Abagworo(m): 9:00pm On Dec 19, 2020
This is rubbish. Absolute rubbish. The distance from Port-Harcourt city to Abia State boundary is 9km and they've been on this 9km since 2015 whereas what FG promised was 8 lane from Port-Harcourt to Osisioma to be completed in 2019. If 9km could take 5 years then 50km will take 27years.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8-Lane Highway Linking Port-Harcourt & Obigbo (Pictures & Video) by slowice(m): 9:02pm On Dec 19, 2020
Tekrify:
Google is ur Friend..
Stop spewing lies because ur not aware..the Bodo bonny bridge and about 40km being built by Julius Berger is a federal government project...
East West road is a federal government project...
The international airport terminal bubu commissioned is 100 percent FG project..ABA portharcourt express road is handled by CCECC and is fully FG funded..that road is part of the Enugu portharcourt express road.. Which various sections like Enugu to okigwe..okigwe umuahia..and umuahia to aba...handled by Arab contractor and RCC ..they are all under construction....or u want to tell me wike will build his own section with state money and smile at FG for building other sections with FG money coming from oil..

Oga travel and see... Nothing is happening there. The sections you mentioned ve been under construction for over 3 years with little to show for it... So relax and drink water
Re: 8-Lane Highway Linking Port-Harcourt & Obigbo (Pictures & Video) by Nchenches: 9:05pm On Dec 19, 2020
They show us on NL a few kilometers of dual carriage way in PH as big achievement

Mynd44. I am disappointed.

How can some NL mode ban discussion on a thread about the 90 days ultimatum given to the FG by leaders of SS, Middle Belt, SE, and SW for a new Nigeria constitution or dissolution of Nigeria?

Mynd44, please unban the thread now!!
Re: 8-Lane Highway Linking Port-Harcourt & Obigbo (Pictures & Video) by slowice(m): 9:05pm On Dec 19, 2020
Abagworo:
This is rubbish. Absolute rubbish. The distance from Port-Harcourt city to Abia State boundary is 9km and they've been on this 9km since 2015 whereas what FG promised was 8 lane from Port-Harcourt to Osisioma to be completed in 2019. If 9km could take 5 years then 50km will take 27years.

My brother, don't mind this op.. He's only out to deceive people. I travelled through that road on Thursday... Its still largely uncompleted and the aba section is a total disaster.. Nothing is happening there.. Absolutely nothing
Re: 8-Lane Highway Linking Port-Harcourt & Obigbo (Pictures & Video) by DAVE5(m): 9:07pm On Dec 19, 2020
leisuretym:
Good! This is better that some state where all they celebrate is rescue of book harram bandits victims, to them ..that's development

This is Nigeria, if you wake up for morning go out, enter house without any wahala, nah celebration suppose follow

This is Nigeria
Re: 8-Lane Highway Linking Port-Harcourt & Obigbo (Pictures & Video) by DrayZee: 9:10pm On Dec 19, 2020
AdaNri1:
One must not celebrate a thief who steals their car, with their mobile phones and other valuables inside of it, because the thief gave them back their mobile phone; claiming that the phone was important to the victim!!
Yeah, alright. So calling an ongoing project “mediocre” before it’s even finished is the way forward?
Re: 8-Lane Highway Linking Port-Harcourt & Obigbo (Pictures & Video) by leisuretym: 9:11pm On Dec 19, 2020
SANDAT:

May be u need to visit katsina state and see roads I mean good roads that some have just few traffic. If you don't travel ask those who do.
Me visit where? Pity me nah, I rather visit agfanistan , its safer there
Re: 8-Lane Highway Linking Port-Harcourt & Obigbo (Pictures & Video) by calcal: 9:29pm On Dec 19, 2020
thesicilian:
And we're supposed to clap because of this substandard road?

GOD BLESS YOU,

1. SEE SAND ON THE ROAD
2. THE ROAD HAS NO ROAD SURFACE MARKING, ONE OF THE REASONS OF ACCIDENT.
3. LOOK AT WHAT THE GUY IS CALLING 8 LANES

1 Like

Re: 8-Lane Highway Linking Port-Harcourt & Obigbo (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 9:39pm On Dec 19, 2020
Biafrannuke:

what is Niger delta?
Its like saying link Eastern Nigeria with Eastern Nigeria grin...
Re: 8-Lane Highway Linking Port-Harcourt & Obigbo (Pictures & Video) by okwusdidi: 9:41pm On Dec 19, 2020
What is taking for granted in other countries is what some Nigerians are celebration.Suffering and smiling....
Re: 8-Lane Highway Linking Port-Harcourt & Obigbo (Pictures & Video) by COMPAQ(m): 9:53pm On Dec 19, 2020
When did PH Aba road become 8 lane?? The video he showed suggests it’s a 4 lane road I.e dual lane both ways!! Abi is there service lane that we didn’t see.
Re: 8-Lane Highway Linking Port-Harcourt & Obigbo (Pictures & Video) by Coinbased: 10:13pm On Dec 19, 2020
Ok
Re: 8-Lane Highway Linking Port-Harcourt & Obigbo (Pictures & Video) by Sniper101(m): 10:20pm On Dec 19, 2020
OP

It's OYIGBO
NOT Obigbo

...please take note
Re: 8-Lane Highway Linking Port-Harcourt & Obigbo (Pictures & Video) by ruggedtimi(m): 11:01pm On Dec 19, 2020
The road sweet....used 4min from eleme junction to okoro market.
Re: 8-Lane Highway Linking Port-Harcourt & Obigbo (Pictures & Video) by tsagir(m): 11:42pm On Dec 19, 2020
HABA IGBOpig DONT DISAPPOINT ME , wail wail pls .BABA PMB.
Re: 8-Lane Highway Linking Port-Harcourt & Obigbo (Pictures & Video) by tsagir(m): 11:46pm On Dec 19, 2020
igboamakaaa:

My brother help me ask oh.
WAWA,GO ASK GOV.WIKE.(RIVER) HE WILL EXPLAIN THE DIFFERENT,
Re: 8-Lane Highway Linking Port-Harcourt & Obigbo (Pictures & Video) by Basher8583: 12:15am On Dec 20, 2020
winterfell007:
Who's handling the project is it Rivers State Government or FG?

Do you have difficulty comprehending
Re: 8-Lane Highway Linking Port-Harcourt & Obigbo (Pictures & Video) by Abaman001(m): 5:30am On Dec 20, 2020
EVideos:
This is an update on the 8- lanes federal highway linking Port Harcourt and Obigbo in Rivers state. This particular road equally links parts of eastern Nigeria with Niger Delta. This road has been really dilapidated for many years until now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vQS2Vlzq6k

OP....you better shut ur mouth....there is nothing like Obigbo in Rivers state, what we have is Oyibo and not obigbo......all this hungry ipob terrorists won't and cannot do with Rivers state, they swear for una....tufiakwa
Re: 8-Lane Highway Linking Port-Harcourt & Obigbo (Pictures & Video) by Abaman001(m): 6:04am On Dec 20, 2020
Pacesetter123:
Why am I seeing"Obigbo" up n down in this thread? I tot dey said dere is no such name of a place in Rivers State? That they only have"Oyibo".This was wot I read here tro people's comments during de military crackdown in dat LGA.Or are they two different communities entirely?

Don't mind the OP, he is just a mischief maker, there is truly nothing like obigbo but Oyibo, all those ipob terrorists won't let us be.....the road is the PH section of PH - Enugu Express highway (10lane) under expansion and Reconstruction in Rivers state by Rivers government hoping to be refunded some day by the FG....
Re: 8-Lane Highway Linking Port-Harcourt & Obigbo (Pictures & Video) by Pacesetter123(m): 8:07am On Dec 20, 2020
Abaman001:

Don't mind the OP, he is just a mischief maker, there is truly nothing like obigbo but Oyibo, all those ipob terrorists won't let us be.....the road is the PH section of PH - Enugu Express highway (10lane) under expansion and Reconstruction in Rivers state by Rivers government hoping to be refunded some day by the FG....
Ok.. oo
Re: 8-Lane Highway Linking Port-Harcourt & Obigbo (Pictures & Video) by Josywhyte: 12:02pm On Dec 20, 2020
It's not 8-lane,it's4-lane

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ten Most Expensive States To Live In Nigeria Based On Inflation Rate–August 2023 / New Nigeria International Passport To Cost N70,000 - Immigration Service / Efam: Soldier Burnt To Death In An Accident Inside Military Cantonment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.