Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

The Real Photos Or Nothing? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Real Photos Or Nothing? (1436 Views)

I Lost My Man Because I Slept With So Many Men - The Real Reason He Left!!! / Man With The World’s Longest joystick Weighs It To Prove It’s Real(photos) / For The Real Men: Woo A Girl In 120seconds Challenge. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Real Photos Or Nothing? by Vicjustice: 7:11pm On Jun 30, 2007
Why are our user's profiles full of fake photos, Why do we have to put cartoon or animated pictures in our profiles, doesn't that seem a disregard or an abuse?
Well, no offense to those of us who have such pictures in their profiles, but yet, i suppose it's more appropriate to either put your real photos or you leave it blank: and i'd suggest some reasonable measures of control.
When i was in Latvia, i was a member of www.frype.com, it's not allowed to put a photo that doesn't clearly show your face how much more to up-load a cartoon one.
Please, i don't intend to offend anyone, so, don't take it personal, i'm only suggesting; afterall, it's good to have idea of people you correspond with: and that would make things a bit difficult for those with multiple usernames. What do you suggest: Are you in support of this suggestions or against it?
Honest opinions please!
Re: The Real Photos Or Nothing? by ThoniaSlim(f): 12:39am On Jul 01, 2007
i think you should call the attention of seun. lipsrsealed
nice suggestion though. wink
Re: The Real Photos Or Nothing? by Vicjustice: 8:26pm On Apr 07, 2008
ThoniaSlim:

i think you should call the attention of seun. lipsrsealed
nice suggestion though. wink
True talk
Re: The Real Photos Or Nothing? by Cristalz(f): 9:02pm On Apr 07, 2008
While we're at it why don't we use our real names too,surnames included tongue The whole point of being free to use whatever name you like and whichever picture you like is anonymity. You don't know who's going to do what with your info,unless you're saying you trust everybody here.If you're corresponding with a particular person or people you are interested in,ask them for their YIM or whichever chat id they use and then ask for their personal info and pictures if you want to know what they look like. Nairaland is not exactly for personal interaction.
My opinion on the matter. grin
Re: The Real Photos Or Nothing? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Apr 07, 2008
Cristalz, your analogy is spot-on.
Re: The Real Photos Or Nothing? by Frizy(m): 9:29pm On Apr 07, 2008
It's not a must to put your picture. It depends on what you portray on nairaland. For example, if you interact alot with some group of people in a section, you may add your pics for familarity.
On the otherhand, if you're known for dissing and insulting people, you don't have to put your picture but an animation that portrays yourself.
Re: The Real Photos Or Nothing? by cescky(m): 9:43pm On Apr 07, 2008
yes oo

@thoniaslim,
girl u are too FYYYNE, permit me pls kiss
Re: The Real Photos Or Nothing? by lucabrasi(m): 10:31pm On Apr 07, 2008
think many ppl dont have their pics on here because of immature and snide remarks from other nairaland members, if anonymity is the only excuse then check out hi5 and facebook,who have millions in membership yet almost everybody dont just have pictures but people make it a competition to upload as much pictures on their profile as possible, i had my picture on before but removed it because of some ppl tryna score cheap points by making snide remarks about my pic and as far as im on here i definitely am not having my pic on.

@thoniaslim
you v not answered my question on another site smiley
Re: The Real Photos Or Nothing? by arianne(f): 11:10pm On Apr 07, 2008
lucabrasi:

think many people don't have their pics on here because of immature and snide remarks from other nairaland members, if anonymity is the only excuse then check out hi5 and facebook,who have millions in membership yet almost everybody don't just have pictures but people make it a competition to upload as much pictures on their profile as possible, i had my picture on before but removed it because of some people trying to score cheap points by making snide remarks about my pic and as far as im on here i definitely am not having my pic on.

i remember a lady starting a thread on how she can remove her pix from her profile last year, i guess she was naive intially but she realised later it wasnt in her best interest. i think such request should be made on a personal level with whomever you chose to share it with
Re: The Real Photos Or Nothing? by chinda3: 11:31pm On Apr 07, 2008
@poster

guess u r right though
Re: The Real Photos Or Nothing? by Scopium: 9:30am On Apr 08, 2008
Vicjustice:

Why are our user's profiles full of fake photos, Why do we have to put cartoon or animated pictures in our profiles, doesn't that seem a disregard or an abuse?
Well, no offense to those of us who have such pictures in their profiles, but yet, i suppose it's more appropriate to either put your real photos or you leave it blank: and i'd suggest some reasonable measures of control.
When i was in Latvia, i was a member of www.frype.com, it's not allowed to put a photo that doesn't clearly show your face how much more to up-load a cartoon one.
Please, i don't intend to offend anyone, so, don't take it personal, i'm only suggesting; afterall, it's good to have idea of people you correspond with: and that would make things a bit difficult for those with multiple usernames. What do you suggest: Are you in support of this suggestions or against it?
Honest opinions please!

[size=13pt]My honest opinion it's a good fight albeit you've lost the battle already[/size]
Re: The Real Photos Or Nothing? by Scopium: 9:32am On Apr 08, 2008
[size=13pt]Ain't it funnily ironic that almost all the people that replied your post don't have their real pictures on their profiles.[/size]
Re: The Real Photos Or Nothing? by jkpretty(f): 10:59am On Apr 08, 2008
As long as its not by force grin

What has pics got to do with it I make friends here based on posts not by pics.
Re: The Real Photos Or Nothing? by micklplus(m): 11:25am On Apr 08, 2008
@ poster, i agree with u but, having pix in the profile has to do with what the i.d owner is comfortable with ! I think it is better if we upload our real pix and leave it blank if we are not comfortable doing so.
Re: The Real Photos Or Nothing? by Scopium: 12:42pm On Apr 08, 2008
jkpretty:

As long as its not by force grin

What has pics got to do with it I make friends here based on posts not by pics.

[size=13pt]Correct. some are beautiful but brainless.[/size]
Re: The Real Photos Or Nothing? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Apr 08, 2008
wink
Re: The Real Photos Or Nothing? by Busta(f): 1:48pm On Apr 08, 2008
This issue again?

While we're at it why don't we use our real names too,surnames included  The whole point of being free to use whatever name you like and whichever picture you like is anonymity. You don't know who's going to do what with your info,unless you're saying you trust everybody here.
word!

think many people don't have their pics on here because of immature and snide remarks from other nairaland members, if anonymity is the only excuse then check out hi5 and facebook,who have millions in membership yet almost everybody don't just have pictures but people make it a competition to upload as much pictures on their profile as possible, i had my picture on before but removed it because of some people trying to score cheap points by making snide remarks about my pic and as far as im on here i definitely am not having my pic on.
that too and the fact that someone saved my pic and presented to someone as his girlfriend's pic. . . .besides lots of pervs and weirdos on this site.

and above all, do whateva u're comfortable with.
Re: The Real Photos Or Nothing? by iice(f): 1:59pm On Apr 08, 2008
Busta:

This issue again?
word!
that too and the fact that someone saved my pic and presented to someone as his girlfriend's pic. . . .besides lots of pervs and weirdos on this site.

and above all, do whateva u're comfortable with.

Na wah!, didn't know this happened to you Busta. People sef undecided
Re: The Real Photos Or Nothing? by Busta(f): 2:02pm On Apr 08, 2008
iice:

Na wah!, didn't know this happened to you Busta. People sef undecided

yep! Lots of weirdos here i tell ya.
Re: The Real Photos Or Nothing? by tomasson(m): 2:03pm On Apr 08, 2008
neva mind,he just can't step up 2 up.It shows hw valuable u ar,cos u ar beautifully,wondafully nd fearfully made
Re: The Real Photos Or Nothing? by iice(f): 2:06pm On Apr 08, 2008
Busta:

yes! Lots of weirdos here i tell ya.

There are weirdos everywhere.
@Topic. . .well there you go. . .another personal experience from a member

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Some Nigerian Men/women Go Home To Pick Their Spouse? / Does Love Fade Away? / Do You Think She Is Cheating On Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.