Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,736 members, 7,813,420 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:06 PM

Did I Get A Cloned Device? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Did I Get A Cloned Device? (34085 Views)

How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? / How To Detect Cloned Phones: Tecno, Infinix, Samsung, Nokia, LG Etc / Beware Of This Fake/cloned Iphone 7 Plus That Is Being Sold Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did I Get A Cloned Device? by space29: 11:08am On Dec 19, 2020
Try to do security wipe for the phone... You will be shocked with wat you will see
Re: Did I Get A Cloned Device? by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 19, 2020
its cloned. just get a new one bro, the 64gb ram one. Let a novice ride on that one. Knowledge has set you free, you re free indeed
Re: Did I Get A Cloned Device? by fred04(m): 1:17pm On Dec 19, 2020
Its a good phone but with third party firmware.
The phone was previously configured in Chinese language.
Re: Did I Get A Cloned Device? by Exumal: 1:55pm On Dec 19, 2020
fred04:
Its a good phone but with third party firmware.
The phone was previously configured in Chinese language.
I'm not getting it sir.
Re: Did I Get A Cloned Device? by Futurearchitect(m): 2:00pm On Dec 19, 2020
Nonso92:
Did you see the part circled in the screenshot you uploaded?

HAIN cry
Re: Did I Get A Cloned Device? by HoluGraze: 2:03pm On Dec 19, 2020
Exumal:

Good morning, pls who's this?

Haaaa
Oko Iba
Re: Did I Get A Cloned Device? by Exumal: 2:14pm On Dec 19, 2020
HoluGraze:

Haaaa
Oko Iba

Hmmm,
Re: Did I Get A Cloned Device? by HoluGraze: 2:23pm On Dec 19, 2020
Exumal:

Hmmm,
Vicentaaa
Re: Did I Get A Cloned Device? by Exumal: 4:19pm On Dec 19, 2020
HoluGraze:

Vicentaaa
Sir Ray! Twale Sir!

1 Like

Re: Did I Get A Cloned Device? by fred04(m): 5:45pm On Dec 19, 2020
Exumal:
I'm not getting it sir.
Most of those USA used phones are Chinese phones and when they bring it in here,for u to be able to use it since its always in Chinese language even when you switch the language to English.
So they flash new English firmware to permanently erase the Chinese language
Re: Did I Get A Cloned Device? by Exumal: 5:52pm On Dec 19, 2020
fred04:

Most of those USA used phones are Chinese phones and when they bring it in here,for u to be able to use it since its always in Chinese language even when you switch the language to English.

Oh! I see. I guess the OS is not original.
Re: Did I Get A Cloned Device? by fred04(m): 7:02pm On Dec 19, 2020
[quote author=Exumal post=97233511]

Oh! I see. I guess the OS is not original.[/quote
Yes
Re: Did I Get A Cloned Device? by Obeenah(m): 7:22pm On Dec 19, 2020
When you login yo your gmail for the first time. What did it say the phone model was?

If it says so then the app might have misread it.

1 Like

Re: Did I Get A Cloned Device? by hayzed1090: 7:32pm On Dec 19, 2020
fred04:

UK USED
Re: Did I Get A Cloned Device? by Kunja2: 11:28pm On Dec 19, 2020
Always use the IMEI of the phone and check on IMEI.Info
Re: Did I Get A Cloned Device? by Kunja2: 11:29pm On Dec 19, 2020
Exumal:
I lost my Umidigi a3x few days ago. I needed a phone urgently, thus I stepped in the US used arena at Iwo road. Coming from a well efficient device I saw all those phone coming my way annoying until I stumbled at this Huawei p8 (cloned or not).

I tried checking all the features after purchase and I found out all the hardware are correct and right except from the ROM that read approximately 4gb in place of 64gb.

The chipset, ram, screen resolution, build, camera and all other components are intact except for the ROM. Pls I need help, hope the device is not cloned or its a software issue?

Gurus please help.
why didn't you buy from a trusted brand store? Or even try other brands
Re: Did I Get A Cloned Device? by Kunja2: 10:17am On Dec 20, 2020
tillaman:
That fake part ascertained everything bruh, just enjoy the phone and market am asap and the cycle continues!!

Peace
this is very bad.
Re: Did I Get A Cloned Device? by Exumal: 11:39am On Dec 20, 2020
Kunja2:
this is very bad.
The cycle stops here. I don't sell my devices.
Re: Did I Get A Cloned Device? by Kunja2: 12:39pm On Dec 20, 2020
Exumal:

The cycle stops here. I don't sell my devices.
nice.. cos it'll be bad to sell something like that.
Re: Did I Get A Cloned Device? by Mohbola(f): 3:10pm On Dec 20, 2020
Seriously Iwo Road phones are fake except you go to a phone store
Re: Did I Get A Cloned Device? by tillaman(m): 3:28pm On Dec 20, 2020
Kunja2:
this is very bad.
but that’s how it goes bruv, like it or not it’s the truth fam
Re: Did I Get A Cloned Device? by Exumal: 7:13pm On Dec 28, 2020
Exumal:
I lost my Umidigi a3x few days ago. I needed a phone urgently, thus I stepped in the US used arena at Iwo road. Coming from a well efficient device I saw all those phone coming my way annoying until I stumbled at this Huawei p8 (cloned or not).

I tried checking all the features after purchase and I found out all the hardware are correct and right except from the ROM that read approximately 4gb in place of 64gb.

The chipset, ram, screen resolution, build, camera and all other components are intact except for the ROM. Pls I need help, hope the device is not cloned or its a software issue?

Gurus please help.

After days of research, I got to the bottom of what really happened. Most China Used phones come with Chinese ROM and this one I got was not an exception. Thus it needed a global ROM. This where the engineer made the mistake. Huawei p8 has two variants, the 16gb ROM (mystic champagne and one other color like) and 64gb ROM (Gold and black). Mine is mystic champagne, so I believed a global ROM compatible with it should be used but I presume the engineer used the 64gb variant.

In addition, It even carried the label; "China Mobile". China Mobile is a telecommunication company in China, just like Verizon and AT&T in the US. This signified it's an original prototype but with another a wrong ROM.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unlock Your Stubborn 16 Digit Pin Modem Here / Etisalat Confirms Changing Name To 9Mobileng / The New Infinix Hot 6X Specifications And Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.