Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,452 members, 7,812,382 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

Why Is Nimc Not Thinking About This? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Nimc Not Thinking About This? (222 Views)

Why Is NIMC Improved SLIP For Sale? / How Is NIMC Going At Your State Or At Your LGA / National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Nimc Not Thinking About This? by Blackie46(m): 10:17pm On Dec 18, 2020
I did my NIMC registration seven years ago. I've stopped using the mobile number I gave NIMC during the registration. I called the number and I realised airtel has given it to another customer. Now that network service provider are providing USSD codes to link customers NIN with their sim cards, Why is NIMC not following this pattern by creating a similar code for removal of existing mobile number that is not yours? As it stands now, the number linked to my NIN during registration is no longer mine. This person may link his NIN to his number and there will be a situation of a mobile phone number representing two different persons. Last year, I genuinely went to their NIMC office in Ikotun Lagos to update my address and phone number. I was told I had to pay a particular amount through Remita. I angrily walked out from the office. I couldn't imagine paying to update my information. How can Nigeria get accurate database of her citizen if simple things like phone number and home address cannot be updated for free?

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Youth Parliament Congratulates Atti J. On Appointment As SA Students / Nigeria Seeks Help From China To Access COVID-19 Vaccine - Onyeama / Bishop Moses Chikwe Of Owerri Archdiocese Celebrating His Freedom Fro Kidnappers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.