Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,476 members, 7,816,121 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (169) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (862100 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by notkenny: 2:03pm On Jan 23, 2021
I used https://www.gcmsbuddy.com/

Reme145678:
Please how did you order your gcms?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yteem: 2:03pm On Jan 23, 2021
Reseptie:
Hello All,

I am a silent reader and PPR for study permit just dropped.Excited much

Need to renew my Nigeria passport so I can have my visa stamped in my new passport,can someone advise how to go about adding a new passport via a webform even after visa has been approved but yet to send to VFS.

Also,do I need to add the old passport stated with my study permit application?

Thank you for your help.

Congratulations to you.

I think you should just go ahead to renew your passport first. Once you get the new one, you can then send the new information through webform then go ahead to submit for stamping. (This is my thinking on how the process should go).

Kindly confirm further and then act quickly. All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 2:07pm On Jan 23, 2021
Queenose:

I graduated 2017, and am 1 year in the banking sector
Aiit,

Actually, I don't know if an Educational Gap of 4 years is much, guess the gurus/members in-house can clarify that.

I feel you can either go for a PG program in a Physiology related course or a Banking & Finance related course. But note that, if you must go for a Banking related course, despite not having a degree in it, this is what you must do (read the guidelines & instruction in the link below)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/414#95068409

So if you are through brainstorming on all of the above and you have decided the PG program category u want to go for (physiology or Banking), you can now come back and ask for the Programs & schools offering them.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Reme145678: 2:07pm On Jan 23, 2021
Thank you, I will order my gcms but I deferred my admission to may is it possible to still reapply for study permit and get PPR before may note that I will still be ordering gcms or I should defer to September?

Time2soar1:

Sorry for the refusal, you were on personal assets and financial status alone, did you submit personal bank statement?

Get your gcms and and tackle the reason in your reapplication
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yteem: 2:11pm On Jan 23, 2021
Reme145678:
Thank you, I will order my gcms but I deferred my admission to may is it possible to still reapply for study permit and get PPR before may note that I will still be ordering gcms or I should defer to September?

This timing might put you under pressure.

The notes takes 30-40 days to be delivered. May is here already.

It might be safer and give you peace of mind to defer to September.

However, the decision is yours to make finally.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by abisoye2(m): 2:13pm On Jan 23, 2021
House please, i'm in Labyrinthine condition. Do consider advising me on this! I'm having canadian dream.

(1) I have my O'level(NECO) and Nigeria Certificate of Education(NCE) where I studied Integrated Science/Physics(3years program) in one of the Colleges of Education in Nigeria.
*I wish to study any science/computer related course in Canada. Can my previous NCE result be of any help for me? If yes, how?
(Sorry to digress a bit, if I applied for Express Entry, can WES evaluate NCE result? What will be the point? I will pass IELTS and I have 4-year UAE work experience with proof of fund)

(2) I'm currently working in Dubai-UAE, can I apply for canada study permit from here after being granted admission by my university/college of choice or I need to cancel my contract here in UAE and come to Nigeria to face the process fully?

(3) (if I need to cancel my contract) since I have enough proof of fund for my first year and maintenance, can I declare myself as the sponsor of my study, since I no more receive salary pending my application process, will it have any effect facing the embassy?

Pls assist me with answers. God bless!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Patricknetter: 2:17pm On Jan 23, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Non is available with such budget, the range of15K - 19k is the amount international students pay.

But you can check
New Brunswick Community College (NBCC)
PG. Cert in International Business Management
https://nbcc.ca/programs-courses/program-details?baseCurriculumId=e1bcd7ca-31b1-428b-9c39-ddad42834419

Their tuition is around $​9,468 CAD for international students
https://nbcc.ca/tuition-fees

Note that,
There is a possibility all the seats available for admission has bin exhausted cos of the school's cheap tuition. Don't be shocked if you hear SEPTEMBER 2021 admission intake for that program in NBCC has bin exhausted

Also, from posts I have seen in this forum, it is bin said that the rate of study visa approval for people who apply & gain admission to schools in the Atlantic Province is very low (Unconfirmed)

OK... Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Reseptie: 2:18pm On Jan 23, 2021
deommanuel:

CONGRATULATIONS!!
Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Reseptie: 2:19pm On Jan 23, 2021
Thank you .This is very helpful

God bless you.
Yteem:

Congratulations to you.

I think you should just go ahead to renew your passport first. Once you get the new one, you can then send the new information through webform then go ahead to submit for stamping. (This is my thinking on how the process should go).

Kindly confirm further and then act quickly. All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Reseptie: 2:27pm On Jan 23, 2021
Hello Cuddles,

2nd application so didn't do biometrics again

Applied on the 5th of November 2020

Upfront Medical updated to pass on the 20th of same month then no update again

On the 8th of December, NSE requirement for IELTS,sent same day.

Reviewing additional doc on the 9th of December

BVL &PPR today.

It ended in praise oo GOD did it.

Wish you and every one waiting the best.
Cuddles7:
Wow! Congratulations.

Please can you share your timeline? When did you apply? Did you submit NSE requirements? Did you do an upfront Medical?

I think all you need is the new passport.

Hopefully the gurus can confirm

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TeeMade: 2:36pm On Jan 23, 2021
Hello @ditha,

Do you reside in Lagos or Abuja? Kindly confirm, I love your smooth and speedy visa stamp timeline.

It will end in praise for us all...

ditha:
Passport received!

Timeline
Sent via courier on friday 15th
Received at VFS Abuja on Monday 18th
Moved to IRCC same day
Returned to VFS from IRCC on Wednesday 20th
Counterfoil and LOI updated on profile
Picked up by courier on Thursday 21st

I received it today friday 22nd

Everything took 7 days including weekends.
We can conclude that Abuja Is the fastest.

Thank you all and I pray we all get what we desire..

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jan 23, 2021
Reseptie:
Hello Cuddles,

BVL &PPR today.

Congrats. I am so waiting to share my good news too.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Cuddles7: 2:47pm On Jan 23, 2021
Thankyou so much for your response. Tapping into this miracle for my spouse.

Reseptie:
Hello Cuddles,

BVL &PPR today.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 3:12pm On Jan 23, 2021
Reseptie:
Hello All,

I am a silent reader and PPR for study permit just dropped.Excited much

Need to renew my Nigeria passport so I can have my visa stamped in my new passport,can someone advise how to go about adding a new passport via a webform even after visa has been approved but yet to send to VFS.

Also,do I need to add the old passport stated with my study permit application?

Thank you for your help.
Congratulations I tap into this miracle you could have renewed it while the process is ongoing you know how Passport renewal happens on this side and you have to submit it within the time frame given to you in your PPR letter cuz yiu have to submit the renewed Passport they won't stamp the one that's expired. I have similar case my passport is expiring June 2021 but I decided to renew before I get response from them of which I haven't gotten any updates I just sent the new passport Data page yesterday via webform and mails informing them I have renewed my passport I did capture on 30th of December 2020 I just went to pick it up yesterday that's about 3weeks and it's because I went through one of my aunty who works there and you know it won't be the official amount I had to keep disturbing her for my passport but she said there was no booklets in the country but maybe now they have so you can DM if you want will give you her contact but you need to hammer it on her that you need it ASAP like 1week.
NOTE: please do you have the real NIN slip thats what they use in renewing they won't renew it without it cuz they now print the NIN number in the Passport if you don't have discuss with her she has somebody in NIN office at Unilag Education hope they attend to you fast cuz of the hurdles with NIN I did all these processes last year to avoid my passport expiring while the Application is ongoing. All the best DM me for her number if you are interested!!! Do you stay in Lagos? The Passport office is at FESTAC that's where she is

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TeeMade: 3:18pm On Jan 23, 2021
Hello @dkizzy01,

Please visit the page1 of this part18 on this thread. You'll find all the details on NSE. All the best.

dkizzy01:
Please what does NSE means and what is it used for?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yteem: 3:21pm On Jan 23, 2021
Reseptie:
Hello Cuddles,

BVL &PPR today.

Congratulations. Please when are due to resume school?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by demiiii(f): 3:24pm On Jan 23, 2021
I applied on Nov 22, medical passed, did upfront medical from the previous application, Eligibility review has not begun since. I'm a January applicant and I have begun lectures online. HOPEFULLY, I WILL RECEIVE THE GOOD NEWS.
IT WILL END IN PRAISE.

awys:
Good morning good people of God, please are there still [b]people waiting for response from IRCC that are virtually resuming this [b]JANUARY am not talking about those that ended up deferring and has gotten response before deferring Una still plenty here and[b] all over the world[/b] cuz it's like it's only JANUARY resumption that they are attending to if am not mistaken please signify let's know how many remain it's like they are indirectly telling we that are resuming in MAY to go and sleep first ko ti kan wa.Infact the waiting is draining and tiring all I have to say is GOD TAKE CONTROL and help us all��������[/b][/b]

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TeeMade: 3:25pm On Jan 23, 2021
Lol @ awys,

You and your funny comments @ "ko ti kan wa" this just really cracked me up. Na small shikini e remain my sister, we will share our joyful news of receiving PPR in a bit. God dey our side, all is well.

awys:
Good morning good people of God, please are there still [b]people waiting for response from IRCC that are virtually resuming this [b]JANUARY am not talking about those that ended up deferring and has gotten response before deferring Una still plenty here and[b] all over the world[/b] cuz it's like it's only JANUARY resumption that they are attending to if am not mistaken please signify let's know how many remain it's like they are indirectly telling we that are resuming in MAY to go and sleep first ko ti kan wa.Infact the waiting is draining and tiring all I have to say is GOD TAKE CONTROL and help us all��������[/b][/b]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sleekcheek: 3:33pm On Jan 23, 2021
Wow, we have similar timelines. I also submitted applied on 5th of Nov and received NSE request on the 8th of Dec. I submitted mine on the 23rd of Dec because I had to prepare for the ielts exam.

Congrats

Reseptie:
Hello Cuddles,

BVL &PPR today.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ka59: 3:37pm On Jan 23, 2021
Congratulations to all those who received visa approvals.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 3:42pm On Jan 23, 2021
dkizzy01:
Please what does NSE means and what is it used for?

For Detailed Information about the NSE route (Page 121 - 124),

Visit this link

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/120#98077097

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TeeMade: 3:47pm On Jan 23, 2021
Hello @ Reme145678,

So sorry to hear about the delay, you'll get it in your next application by God's grace. I'm just curious know if you used a sponsor and who, and if you submitted MBS with at least 30k CAD. If yes, did you take out the money/part of it after submitting your application? Did you have lump sums and were they explained?

My apologies for the several questions, your response may help to clarify some comments on bank statements on this thread.

Reme145678:
Glory be to God, what God can not do does not exist I got a rejection letter please what can I do because to rectify this issue?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TeeMade: 3:57pm On Jan 23, 2021
You this man and your comedy, lol. I truly deserve this kind of peace of mind oh and I receive now in Jesus name, amen!!!

Blavkmaann:
Air peace just sent me a “do not reply mail”

And this was very nostalgic
I remember how such mails from IRCC used to bring heart attacks

Omo, you all deserve this peace that comes with Canada visa stamp on ur passport in ur wardrobe

I Dey sleep with joy, nothing concern me and Buhari again

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Patricknetter: 4:07pm On Jan 23, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Non is available with such budget, the range of15K - 19k is the amount international students pay.

But you can check
New Brunswick Community College (NBCC)
PG. Cert in International Business Management
https://nbcc.ca/programs-courses/program-details?baseCurriculumId=e1bcd7ca-31b1-428b-9c39-ddad42834419

Their tuition is around $​9,468 CAD for international students
https://nbcc.ca/tuition-fees

Note that,
There is a possibility all the seats available for admission has bin exhausted cos of the school's cheap tuition. Don't be shocked if you hear SEPTEMBER 2021 admission intake for that program in NBCC has bin exhausted

Also, from posts I have seen in this forum, it is bin said that the rate of study visa approval for people who apply & gain admission to schools in the Atlantic Province is very low (Unconfirmed)

Pls what are the requirements, I need for Brunswick community college?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Reme145678: 4:09pm On Jan 23, 2021
@TeeMade I understand your curiosity I am also as curious as you to, my father is my sponsor, I submitted the mybankstatement with that amount, but I guess at some point some of the money was removed but from the letter I don't know if that's the case I also attached my love below

TeeMade:
Hello @ Reme145678,

So sorry to hear about the delay, you'll get it in your next application by God's grace. I'm just curious know if you used a sponsor and who, and if you submitted MBS with at least 30k CAD. If yes, did you take out the money/part of it after submitting your application? Did you have lump sums and were they explained?

My apologies for the several questions, your response may help to clarify some comments on bank statements on this thread.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Elizdee: 4:14pm On Jan 23, 2021
Inestimable61:
Can one get medical request after getting BVL or it’s rejection immediately if one has not done medicals ?

Yea, it is possible. I got bvl, then Ppr , then Medical request.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 4:23pm On Jan 23, 2021
Patricknetter:

Pls what are the requirements, I need for Brunswick community college?
I guess they would require your TRANSCRIPT and either your WAEC or NECO or both

You can mail the international dept. of the school to know their Requirements

international@nbcc.ca
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TeeMade: 4:26pm On Jan 23, 2021
Wow! You were even going to UNB too, that's my school and same campus. I've started my MBA program online. It is well, let's wait to see your gcms notes and all concerns can be addressed. The gurus here are more than capable. Is this your first application?

Reme145678:

@TeeMade I understand your curiosity I am also as curious as you to, my father is my sponsor, I submitted the mybankstatement with that amount, but I guess at some point some of the money was removed but from the letter I don't know if that's the case I also attached my love below

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Idoctor: 4:28pm On Jan 23, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

Pls check your mail, sent you a message 2 days ago. Your help is urgently needed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Reme145678: 4:32pm On Jan 23, 2021
Wow wow �� small world � I thought I was the only one, did my loe need more explanation, have you gotten your study permit. I applied as a transfer student I had to defer admission because i had not gotten study permit and this was my first time of applying.

TeeMade:
Wow! You were even going to UNB too, that's my school and same campus. I've started my MBA program online. It is well, let's wait to see your gcms notes and all concerns can be addressed. The gurus here are more than capable. Is this your first application?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Celoexpress: 4:34pm On Jan 23, 2021
Yes I have resumed this January already and I am still waiting for my PPR.

awys:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by silvamania: 5:15pm On Jan 23, 2021
Reme145678:
Wow wow �� small world � I thought I was the only one, did my loe need more explanation, have you gotten your study permit. I applied as a transfer student I had to defer admission because i had not gotten study permit and this was my first time of applying.

Not at all. We Dey here ooo. UNB Saint John people

All the best

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.