Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:19 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (168) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (858840 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 11:33am On Jan 23, 2021
Rootiab:
Please eh. When is someone suppose to get BVL?
When they have made a final decision on your application then you get BVL and the decision by follows whether a PPR or refusal!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Inestimable61: 11:39am On Jan 23, 2021
awys:

When they have made a final decision on your application then you get BVL and the decision by follows whether a PPR or refusal!!!

So can it be PPR if one has not done medical?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 11:47am On Jan 23, 2021
Reomond:
Please I’ll appreciate suggestions on suggested courses I can go for. I had HND Accounting, PGD Accounting and Masters in Banking and Finance. I have been working in Finance related field for over 10years.
Kindly assist as I’m hopeful I can make Sept 2021.
Thanks
With your Wealth of Work Experience & Education in the Financial Sector, you can go for any of the following programs

PG. Cert in Financial Planning program,

Google and visit the website of the following programs together with their schools

PG. Cert Financial Planning Services
Conestoga College, Kitchener, ON

PG. cert Financial Planning
Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology, Toronto, ON

Humber College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning, Toronto, ON

George Brown College, Toronto, ON

PG. Cert Financial Planning
Centennial College, Toronto, ON

Douglas College, New Westminster, BC

PG. Cert in Finance
Nova Scotia Community College (NSCC), Nova Scotia
https://www.nscc.ca/learning_programs/programs/plandescr.aspx?prg=FINC&pln=FINANCE

Though you might need give a good explanation with cogent reasons in your SOP (Statement of Purpose) why you choose to go for a Post Graduate Certificate Program at this point of your life despite having an HND Accounting, PGD Accounting, Masters in Banking and Finance & 10 years work experience in a Finance related field.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Reomond: 11:48am On Jan 23, 2021
Please does anyone have an idea the possibility of travelling with my kids using the NSE?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Onweke: 11:51am On Jan 23, 2021
Some people here have gotten PPR request before medical request. Nothing is impossible with IRCC just trust God that yours will happen that way. Don't create unnecessary panic for yourself.

Inestimable61:

So can it be PPR if one has not done medical?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Queenose: 11:51am On Jan 23, 2021
Good day everyone,
I have bsc in human physiology graduated with 2:2
what are my chances of doing postgraduate diploma and getting the visa in Canada??
am not practicing under my field, I work in the bank.
which schools can I apply for
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Reomond: 11:53am On Jan 23, 2021
Thanks for the feedback. what do you think about Business Analyst related course please?

Lekiboboe:

With your Wealth of Work Experience & Education in the Financial Sector, you can go for any of the following programs

Google and visit the website of the following programs together with their schools

PG. Cert in Finance
https://www.nscc.ca/learning_programs/programs/plandescr.aspx?prg=FINC&pln=FINANCE

Though you might need give a good explanation with cogent reasons in your SOP (Statement of Purpose) why you choose to go for a Post Graduate Certificate Program at this point of your life despite having an HND Accounting, PGD Accounting, Masters in Banking and Finance & 10 years work experience in a Finance related field.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Blavkmaann: 11:57am On Jan 23, 2021
Air peace just sent me a “do not reply mail”

And this was very nostalgic
I remember how such mails from IRCC used to bring heart attacks

Omo, you all deserve this peace that comes with Canada visa stamp on ur passport in ur wardrobe

I Dey sleep with joy, nothing concern me and Buhari again

18 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 12:00pm On Jan 23, 2021
Reomond:

Yes I have a profile 430. SNP 68. I’m over 35 already so I’m looking at study route
I will assume the SNP you wrote is meant to be SINP (Saskatchewan Immigration Nominee Provincial).

So probably after you are through with your PG. Cert program, you can do your one years PGWP in Saskatchewan and use it to gain one year Saskatchewan Work Experience which will give you 5 points (Connection to Saskatchewan), then after you are through with PGWP, get a Job offer ASAP & that can add to your 68 points, cos if you get a Job Offer in Saskatchewan ,you will get 30 points, so that will be 103 points (more than 100 points already) for you in total. You should get a PR with that

You can get more enlightenment on this from the Canada Express Entry forum

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yteem: 12:04pm On Jan 23, 2021
Reomond:
Please does anyone have an idea the possibility of travelling with my kids using the NSE?

You can travel with your kids whether you use the NSE route or the normal route.

If you apply for your kids and their application is approved then you can travel with them.

The important thing is for the application to be approved and not the process/ route through which the application is treated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 12:08pm On Jan 23, 2021
Reomond:
Thanks for the feedback. what do you think about Business Analyst related course please?

I don't know how Business Analysis relate with your Background in Accounting ,Banking & Finance.

I guess forum members who are in this field would be able to explain better
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yteem: 12:09pm On Jan 23, 2021
Blavkmaann:

Omo, you all deserve this peace that comes with Canada visa stamp on ur passport in ur wardrobe

���. I can imagine. I pray for this kind of peace for those of us waiting. Soon and very soon it will happen for us all.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yteem: 12:11pm On Jan 23, 2021
Blavkmaann:

��� I can imagine. I pray for this kind of peace for us all waiting. It will come soon and ver soon for us all.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Reomond: 12:28pm On Jan 23, 2021
very well detailed.....thanks

For me to get 1 year PGWP in Saskatchewan,, is it mandatory I school there please?

Lekiboboe:

I will assume the SNP you wrote is meant to be SINP (Saskatchewan Immigration Nominee Provincial).

So probably after you are through with your PG. Cert program, you can do your one years PGWP in Saskatchewan and use it to gain one year Saskatchewan Work Experience which will give you 5 points (Connection to Saskatchewan), then after you are through with PGWP, get a Job offer ASAP & that can add to your 68 points, cos if you get a Job Offer in Saskatchewan ,you will get 30 points, so that will be 103 points (more than 100 points already) for you in total. You should get a PR with that

You can get more enlightenment on this from the Canada Express Entry forum
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Longjonjoe: 12:35pm On Jan 23, 2021
Debbyiiii:
I applied october 28
Nse request came on Nov 26th
Submitted request December 19 since then nothing my eligibility hasn't started and no mails telling they have seen my additional documents .
My portal says additional documents uploaded
Should I be worried

Debbi we are in the same shoes o. October applicant. Submitted NSE December 22nd and no eligibility started at all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by cliffgrey(m): 12:37pm On Jan 23, 2021
Lekiboboe:

PG. Cert in Finance

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by cliffgrey(m): 12:39pm On Jan 23, 2021
Hi Lekkiboe
Please what post graduate diploma course can I do that will be termed career progression (I finished with a third class estate management)?
I’ve been searching can’t seem to find any
Thanks

Lekiboboe:

PG. Cert in Finance

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 12:41pm On Jan 23, 2021
Reomond:
very well detailed.....thanks

For me to get 1 year PGWP in Saskatchewan,, is it mandatory I school there please?

You welcome

No it is not compulsory you school at Saskatchewan before you can do your PGWP there, but if you school there, that's additional 5 points for you (Connection to Saskatchewan Labour Market & Adaptability).

Look at this instance,
I learnt many of this Chinese Students schooling in ONTARIO etc. goes to Prince Edward Island (PEI) to do their PGWP so they can be able to get PR much faster/easier.

So in a nutshell, you can do your PGWP at any province even if you didn't school there

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TeeMade: 12:53pm On Jan 23, 2021
Wawuuu... this one is very LOUD oh! Nawa... But I was just wondering which agency they were referring to. All is well.

It will end in praise for us all...

OtunbaTee:
When I heard this stuff I thought it was a joke..but I decided to act on it. I stopped and deleted all negative comments on my social media, I even changed my name in some ,since someone told me it's part of the background check they do. But today i confirmed it and I am really shocked... pls see this reason for refusal below...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Reme145678: 12:55pm On Jan 23, 2021
Thank you very much, but please what is gcms and how can I get it?

Lekiboboe pst=98349581:

So sorry about your Refusal

To rectify this issue,

You would need to order for your GCMS Notes (which would take 28-35 days to get) so as to see the VO's comment/assesment about your application. Your GCMS note will show the reasons why you were refused cos the refusal reasons on this refusal letter sent to you is a GENERIC one. In a nutshell, so as not to re-apply blindly, get your GCMS Note

It's the content in that VO's Comment on your GCMS Notes you gonna address/tackle

Then you can comeback here to the forum & show the refusal reasons (Screenshot of the bolded VO's Comment), so gurus & members in house will be able to give result-oriented advice/suggestions

While you await your your GCMS notes,

Educate yourself with this content & also watch the videos there, it will be helpful during your re-application

COMMON REFUSAL REASONS AND HOW TO TACKLE THEM
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/28#89356538

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TeeMade: 12:57pm On Jan 23, 2021
Congrats bro @ OtunbaTee the prophet. Biko prophesy again oh on all hopefuls...

OtunbaTee:
THE EAGLE HAS FINALLY LANDED...AFTER SEVERAL EMAILS TO UPS, BECAUSE I DIDNT REMEMBER TO PUT MY PHONE NUMBER, THEY'VE BEEN SENDING ME EMAILS THAT THEY'RE UNABLE TO REACH ME..MEN I STARTED ANOTHER EMAIL TRAILS TO UPS AND THEY FINALLY BROUGHT MY EAGLE O...USED N2500 TO SETTLE THE gods.

Thank God

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TeeMade: 1:13pm On Jan 23, 2021
Awwwwwwwnnn... So kind. @Tt4tolu don't worry, your next application is a BIG GIANT approval by God's grace. All the best...

Tt4tolu:
I have an appointment for February 9th but won't be needing it since I was denied. Don't know if it's close to what you desire. Ire o

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 1:26pm On Jan 23, 2021
cliffgrey:
Hi Lekkiboe
Please what post graduate diploma course can I do that will be termed career progression (I finished with a third class estate management)?
I’ve been searching can’t seem to find any
Thanks

Non I know of aswell,
but you can try to strategize & be innovative.

You studied Estate Management, why not go for a Business Management program
e.g
International Business Management, Global Business Management, Strategic Global Business Business, Strategic Marketing Communications

Now the question is ,
How can you relate your Estate Mgt. to Business Management & Show Career Progression?
I feel you can

explore the financial aspects of all real estate transactions, from residential to commercial to international

Solve specific problems or issues related to the analysis of real estate financing alternatives.

Possibly your Career Prospects/Future goals can be in commercial property management and sales, investment management, brokerage, mortgage banking & leasing

You can use Google to do more research on how you can make a Connection between the aforementioned programs & your Estate Management degree

That bin said, visit the link below for

PG.Cert in Business Management Programs
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/644#96730373

Also check

PG. Cert in Strategic Marketing Communications
https://www.conestogac.on.ca/fulltime/strategic-marketing-communications/description?id=22748

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Reseptie: 1:27pm On Jan 23, 2021
Hello All,

I am a silent reader and PPR for study permit just dropped.Excited much

Need to renew my Nigeria passport so I can have my visa stamped in my new passport,can someone advise how to go about adding a new passport via a webform even after visa has been approved but yet to send to VFS.

Also,do I need to add the old passport stated with my study permit application?

Thank you for your help.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 1:34pm On Jan 23, 2021
Reseptie:
Hello All,

Need to renew my Nigeria passport so I can have my visa stamped in my new passport,can someone advise how to go about adding a new passport via a webform even after visa has been approved but yet to send to VFS.

Thank you for your help.
congrats
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Cuddles7: 1:35pm On Jan 23, 2021
Wow! Congratulations.

Please can you share your timeline? When did you apply? Did you submit NSE requirements? Did you do an upfront Medical?

I think all you need is the new passport.

Hopefully the gurus can confirm

Reseptie:
Hello All,

Thank you for your help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Queenose: 1:38pm On Jan 23, 2021
Good day everyone,
I have b.sc in human physiology, graduated with 2:2
I work in the bank what are my chances of doing a post graduate diploma and getting the visa.
which school can I apply for?
thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 1:40pm On Jan 23, 2021
Reme145678:
Thank you very much, but please what is gcms and how can I get it?

You are welcome,

The GCMS (Global Case Management System) is a system used by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to process immigration and citizenship applications.

​The system contains a detailed record of each applicant’s file, including correspondence to and from IRCC, documents received from the applicant, detailed notes from the officers reviewing the file, and other relevant information.
GCMS notes are considered to be the only option for applicants to get the most accurate and exhaustive view of their IRCC file. With your right to get a copy of these notes, you can thus be caught up with the status of your application, and take any steps necessary to increase the chances of your application getting approved.

You can read the Content in the link below for details about GCMS Notes
https://www.justforcanada.com/gcms-notes-understand-guide.html#How

On how you can get your GCMS Notes

See this

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/160#98308502

Also go through through Chocs posts, therein you will see a third party site that you can use to order your GCMS note
https://www.nairaland.com/chocs/posts

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 1:44pm On Jan 23, 2021
Queenose:
Good day everyone,
I have b.sc in human physiology, graduated with 2:2
I work in the bank what are my chances of doing a post graduate diploma and getting the visa.
which school can I apply for?
thanks
Hi,

It depends on your profile

- When did you graduate?

- How many years of banking work experience do you have?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Queenose: 1:52pm On Jan 23, 2021
Lekiboboe:
Hi,
It depends on your profile
- When did you graduate?
- How many years of banking work experience do you have?

I graduated 2017, and am 1 year in the banking sector
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Reme145678: 1:52pm On Jan 23, 2021
Please how did you order your gcms?

notkenny:
Morning, everyone.

I got my correspondence letter this morning. I haven't done medicals yet so I know what to expect soon. I've ordered my GCMS notes so I can be more prepared when I re-apply. Any other advice concerning reapplication would be much appreciated.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 1:56pm On Jan 23, 2021
Reseptie:
Hello All,

Thank you for your help.

CONGRATULATIONS!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (736)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.