Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (166) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (858972 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Time2soar1: 9:43pm On Jan 22, 2021
TeeNas:

I was refused based on the that they were not sure I would leave Canada after my studies.
So I wrote a new letter of intent addressing their concerns and reaffirming my family ties, wrote a study plan, my dad wrote a supporting letter and I added a new bank statement

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jan 22, 2021
Good evening sir so sorry to take your time please this is for my sister
Please what can she go for that shows career progression she studied mass communication and graduated with a second class upper
Cc lekiboboe and other Gurus
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Delux4luv: 9:50pm On Jan 22, 2021
Hi everyone, how long does it take between biometrics and request for medicals. A friend did biometrics since first week in December and hasn't heard anything since then. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 10:00pm On Jan 22, 2021
Omofowobi:

Really appreciate this.
When I checked the conestoga college,the course outline was okay and the fees are affordable too. But I got to know that I’m to pick three possible courses; so I’m stuck in between a whole lot. I later concluded to these 3;
1. Environmental Engineering Application
2. Occupational Health Safety and wellness.
3. Renewable energy techniques.

But where I got confused again now is the award for the 3 courses differs. The first 2 courses award is [college graduate] and the last one is [college cert]. What does that mean please?
Why are awards different?
Also what’s the difference between Post graduate diploma and post graduate certificate?
Which one am I supposed to do with my 2:2? Is it Post Graduate Diploma or Post Graduate Certificate?

Then, for the Cambrian college,the initial deposit was what scared me off. It’s about 8000CAD.

And lastly,can a friend with 2:2 in geology apply for these same courses too?

Thank you so much.
You are welcome,

The Occupational Health Safety and wellness program is not in anyway related to physics.

The Renewable Energy techniques with Ontario College Cert. is not for Degree Holders, it is for high school graduates, the Admission Requirement says it all
https://www.conestogac.on.ca/fulltime/renewable-energy-techniques/admissions-no-intake?id=11833

Post Graduate Diploma & Post Graduate Certificate are the same thing, with your 2.2 you are to apply for a Post Graduate Certificate (PG. Cert)

- Your Friend with a 2.2 in Geology can apply for

PG. Cert in Environmental Monitoring & impact Assessment (EMPD)
Cambrian College, Sudbury, Ontario
https://catalog.cambriancollege.ca/empd/#falltext

Course outlines in the EMPD program such as
- Hydrology & Water Quality Assess (groundwater & Hydrological Cycle)

- Industrial Impact/Mine Reclamation (impacts of the mining industry, protocols and tools used for monitoring current mining operations)

- GIS Applications

- Geomatics

are related to the field of Geology.

He can also go for the

- PG. Cert in Environmental Engineering Applications
Conestoga College, Ontario
https://www.conestogac.on.ca/fulltime/environmental-engineering-applications

It has HYDROGEOLOGY course outlines & this program is open to to graduates of earth science degrees such as Geology, Geophysics etc.

Your friend can check the program Course outlines & Admission requirements for more details

https://www.conestogac.on.ca/fulltime/environmental-engineering-applications/courses?id=22106

https://www.conestogac.on.ca/fulltime/environmental-engineering-applications/admissions?id=22106

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 10:25pm On Jan 22, 2021
Malone122:
Good evening sir so sorry to take your time please this is for my sister
Please what can she go for that shows career progression she studied mass communication and graduated with a second class upper
Cc lekiboboe and other Gurus
Since she has a 2.1, she is eligible to apply for a

Masters in Journalism
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Journalism&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

Or

Masters in Communication/Communication studies
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Mass+Communication&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

She should Check the above links for list of schools offering the aforementioned programs, & google search, explore their respective websites one by one

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Damidolly: 10:35pm On Jan 22, 2021
I beg which school offers Educational Leadership(On-campus) for Masters, I don search tire
Lekiboboe:

Since she has a 2.1, she is eligible to apply for a

Masters in Journalism
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Journalism&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

Or

Masters in Communication/Communication studies
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Mass+Communication&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

She should Check the above links for list of schools offering the aforementioned programs, & google search, explore their respective websites one by one
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 10:38pm On Jan 22, 2021
Delux4luv:
Hi everyone, how long does it take between biometrics and request for medicals. A friend did biometrics since first week in December and hasn't heard anything since then. Thanks.

Hello,

There's no specific time frame.

But it's actually normal if he/she hasn't heard from them. The processing timeline is 15 weeks now so updates can come at any time.

Goodluck to your friend.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 10:40pm On Jan 22, 2021
Lekiboboe:
Hello house,

Good evening,

For Career/Academic progression sake, what should an Ordinary Diploma graduate with 7 years work experience apply for ?

Thanks

How old is the applicant in question? If the applicant is a matured student say 30years and above, then an Advanced Diploma would be his best choice for progression. However, in the event that the applicant is still within his early twenties, then an undergraduate degree would fly.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Iffylove: 10:43pm On Jan 22, 2021
Hello everyone
Please I need to ask, what is the maximum (limit) Canadian dollar amount someone can pay using a Nigerian debit card. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 10:44pm On Jan 22, 2021
Delux4luv:

There is no stipulated timeframe between biometrics and medical request. A medical request is usually initiated by the senior immigration officer if he/she is satisfied that an applicant meets the eligibility requirements for study permit issuance. While getting a medical request is a positive signal, it still doesn't guarantee that an applicant's application will be approved in the end.

It will end in praise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 10:46pm On Jan 22, 2021
Iffylove:
Hello everyone
Please I need to ask, what is the maximum (limit) Canadian dollar amount someone can pay using a Nigerian debit card. Thanks

GTB Master cards have a monthly dollar limit of 100USD. I guess Access Bank Visa Card has the highest amount 300USD amongst other commercial banks in Nigeria.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 10:51pm On Jan 22, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

How old is the applicant in question? If the applicant is a matured student say 30years and above, then an Advanced Diploma would be his best choice for progression. However, in the event that the applicant is still within his early twenties, then a undergraduate degree would fly.

It will end in praise
He is in his 30's.

Alright, thanks for information Frank.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 10:54pm On Jan 22, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

How old is the applicant in question? If the applicant is a matured student say 30years and above, then an Advanced Diploma would be his best choice for progression. However, in the event that the applicant is still within his early twenties, then a undergraduate degree would fly.

It will end in praise
So its safe to say that a 25-30 year old diploma graduate should apply for an Advanced Diploma, opia?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 11:00pm On Jan 22, 2021
Damidolly:
I beg which school offers Educational Leadership(On-campus) for Masters, I don search tire

Visit the link below for

Masters in Educational Leadership programs & the Universities offering them (over 10 programs)
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Educational+leadership&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

You would need to visit the websites of this Educational Leadership Masters program & their respective schools to know if their method of teaching is on-campus or online (Virtual)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 11:14pm On Jan 22, 2021
Lekiboboe:

So its safe to say that a 25-30 year old diploma graduate should apply for an Advanced Diploma, opia?

Between the age of 25-30 years old. An applicant with National Diploma in Nigeria should opt for Advanced Diploma in Canada. The letter of explanation must be well detailed, concise and should provide justifications as to why the program of choice is the next progressive step in their career.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Akannitommy: 11:39pm On Jan 22, 2021
Chief, I hail oh! We dey try settle in but acada don start so we dey juggle things. respect boss!

JustMellow:

Hello Akannitommy,

I trust the transitioning is going well yonder. No be small thing bro. because the sh!t wey dey stain pant nah very small one and e fit go turn big mess later.

I sight you oga

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JC101: 11:56pm On Jan 22, 2021
Nah its just my first time using this. I dont really know how it works
JustMellow:

Hello JC101,

Was the bolded explictly stated so or you rephrased?

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Elizdee: 12:38am On Jan 23, 2021
Rootiab:
Did IOM call you?

Mine was qlife and they didn’t call me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Elizdee: 12:40am On Jan 23, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

You're being too religious here. By the way, why would you nurse such kind of negative thoughts in the first place. I don't believe that the immigration will refuse your application on such basis considering that they were the ones that requested for the medicals and you've duly completed the exam as instructed.

In view of the foregoing, I would advice you to raise a webform and upload a copy of your E-medical slip for the reassessment of the immigration officer.

PS: Also confirm from the panel physician where you enrolled for the medical exam to be sure that they have sent your results to IRCC.

It will end in praise

Well... I believe I should be over religious when it’s comes to my application... IRCC will make you know God. Though, I was just curious and all . I don’t wish that upon myself . Thank you very much. I will raise webforms as you have advised.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by BarrONLS: 12:43am On Jan 23, 2021
Good evening, pls am new here. I want to ask. Someone who studied LAW in Nigeria and finished with law school, can I apply for a diploma program in Canada?

Secondly if I am to go for a masters program, what are the related courses I can go for. I will appreciate a link for courses and universities. Thanks and God bless you for your assistance.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Reomond: 12:45am On Jan 23, 2021
Please I’ll appreciate suggestions on suggested courses I can go for. I had HND Accounting, PGD Accounting and Masters in Banking and Finance. I have been working in Finance related field for over 10years.
Kindly assist as I’m hopeful I can make Sept 2021.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Reme145678: 1:02am On Jan 23, 2021
Thank God my brother, I got my correspondence letter yesterday in the morning but I am yet to receive PPR, I hope this is normal cause from what I can see you where given PPR the same day as your correspondence lett

Dave1860:
What God can't do doesn't exist... I just joined this forum two weeks back and with all the encouragement and knowledge I gathered from here, I am grateful to everyone one. I did my application by myself and placed everything to God in prayer trusting He never fails. HE DIDNT FAIL ME grin.
See below image of my TL.. I just got my ORIGINAL PASSPORT REQUEST this early morning.
Thanks alot guys for the knowledge shared on this platform.. looking forward to learning more from everyone.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Reme145678: 1:27am On Jan 23, 2021
Me too I got confirmation that my NSE documents have been received 15th of December January 19th medical passed I got correspondence letter 22nd of Jan waiting for PPR it will end in good news in Jesus name

Dave1860:

I got my NSE request November and I uploaded it December which they confirmed on the 15th of December.. I haven't got any update up until 6th January concerning my medical result as passed.. hopefully awaiting a response soon

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by iampaulsmith(m): 2:09am On Jan 23, 2021
Asking for a friend. What course is suitable for someone who has been working in a security agency here in Nigeria for close to 5 years but graduated two years ago with a low second class lower in Civil Engineering? After his first degree he went back to his work as a security personnel. Would courses like pgd courses in construction management be a good idea?

Frankrobbn1:

Between the age of 25-30 years old. An applicant with National Diploma in Nigeria should opt for Advanced Diploma in Canada. The letter of explanation must be well detailed, concise and should provide justifications as to why the program of choice is the next progressive step in their career.
It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TeeMade: 3:39am On Jan 23, 2021
Hello @Frankrobbn1,

It's been over a month since I submitted NSE requirements so it has passed standard processing time of 20 days.

If I get you correctly, I'm to send a new mail everytime I'm sending them a mail. Please clarify.

It will end in praise for us all...

Frankrobbn1:

I don't think its necessary to be rasing a CSE to the Nairobi Immigration when your application is still within the standard processing times.

You can do so if your application has exceeded the normal processing times and there seems to be no movement on your file. By so doing, you've to send a new email everyday.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by dkizzy01: 3:52am On Jan 23, 2021
Please what does NSE means and what is it used for?

TeeMade:
Hello @Frankrobbn1,

It's been over a month since I submitted NSE requirements so it has passed standard processing time of 20 days.

If I get you correctly, I'm to send a new mail everytime I'm sending them a mail. Please clarify.

It will end in praise for us all...

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by dkizzy01: 4:02am On Jan 23, 2021
Maygirl953:
Hi guys, good day. Please who should my sponsor letter be addressed to? Please don't just mention it, state it exactly how it should be on the letter. Please I also need a structure of how my LOA should be, I've written the different parts i just need to arrange it in the right format.

Good morning,

Pls where you able to get your sponsorship letter done,

Do you mind to share me a copy to emeneuj@gmail.com.

My sponsor wants to see how to write it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by dkizzy01: 4:04am On Jan 23, 2021
oyibo4real:

You can go ahead and apply with your student copy Transcripts, I sent them a mail regarding this and they replied in the affirmative. I didn't proceed with the application anyways as I later chose Fanshawe

This Fanshawe , do the give Admissions like that, I almost paid their application fee but I said make I hold on small
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by hope4brym: 4:47am On Jan 23, 2021
Have you checked your CRS score for Express Entry?

Reomond:
Please I’ll appreciate suggestions on suggested courses I can go for. I had HND Accounting, PGD Accounting and Masters in Banking and Finance. I have been working in Finance related field for over 10years.
Kindly assist as I’m hopeful I can make Sept 2021.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by hairbyuj(f): 5:26am On Jan 23, 2021
Thanks for the feedback, below is the response.

Lekiboboe:

A response to the questions below will determine the advice/suggestions you would get.

- What's your lower degree like (What's your CGPA) 2.44

- As per educational gap, what year did you graduate? 2020

- Is your work experience related to your Environmental Resource & Management Degree?

Nope, it is related with Supply chain management.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Goodman25: 5:36am On Jan 23, 2021
dkizzy01:

This Fanshawe , do the give Admissions like that, I almost paid their application fee but I said make I hold on small

I was directed to apply through agent when I wanted to apply to Fanshawe. Is that the process
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 5:49am On Jan 23, 2021
dkizzy01:

I guess they do, if one meets their requirements. However, you MUST go through one of their approved agents to be able to apply.

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (736)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.