Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,724 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (199) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (857425 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mozidat2301: 9:16pm On Jan 31, 2021
Lekiboboe:

There is more to just getting Admission in Canada. If your bro. gets an Admission, he should be ready to show Future goals/Career Prospect of what ever program he would going for cos how the program resonates to his First Degree is one of the thing a Visa Officer looks out for.

Getting Admission is Important, getting Study Visa Approved is IMPORTANTA

All of that will be explained in an SOP (Statement of Purpose)

SOP Step-by-Step Guidelines
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part#88892909

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/1#88913289

The above Program your bro. studied at Bowen University is mostly available for Masters,
unfortunately his 3rd Class won't qualify him to apply for a Masters in History & International Relations program in Canada

So with his 3rd class, he is only eligible to apply for a Post Graduate Certificate (PG. Cert) program that relate to his History & International Relations degree, but he has to convince the Admission Committee he would be a good fit for the program despite having a 3rd class.

He should go through this content

Possible Solution/Way for a 3rd class Graduate to get Admission for a PG. Cert program in a College
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/700#97090650

That bin said, I doubt if there is a PG.Cert program that is related to History & International Relations.

Your Brother needs to be Creative to possibly get an admission, cos
- his 3rd Class might be seen as a Poor Academic Standing
- he would need to be creative in connecting his First degree with another degree.

Reason why am suggesting he should go for a PG. Cert in Journalism is because this could make him have a Career Prospects/Future Goals in INTERNATIONAL JOURNALISM

Why did I say so,

with a Bachelor's degree in History & IR &
a PG. Cert in Journalism,

- He can be concerned with human rights and issues relating to war and peace, and he might be looking for the opportunity to develop the journalistic skills necessary to communicate this to a wider public.

- He can have the opportunity to undertake the academic analysis of a range of critical approaches to the study of war and the media, journalism and conflict resolution and journalism and international human rights.

This are just tips & possible Reasons for him to study a PG. Cert in Journalism, despite having an History & International Degree. He can do more research on Google to see how International Relations relates with Journalism.

Sequel to that,
your brother should do a thorough research (google) on the following PG. Cert in Journalism programs in Canadian Colleges & check their Admission, Tuition amount for international students, course outlines etc.

- PG. Cert in Journalism & Communication
Holland College, Prince Edward Island
https://www.hollandcollege.com/programs/journalism-and-communications-post-graduate-certificate.html#program1

- PG Cert, Broadcast journalism – Television News
Fanshawe College of Applied Arts and Technology, London, ON

journalism (Post Diploma)
College of the North Atlantic (CNA), Stephenville, NewFoundLand & Labrador

PG. Cert in journalism – New Media
Sheridan College, Oakville, ON

journalism (Postgraduate)
Humber College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning, Toronto, ON

PG. Cert in journalism – Arts and Entertainment
Centennial College, Toronto, ON

Sports journalism (PG. Cert)
Centennial College, Toronto, ON

PG. Cert in Contemporary journalism
Centennial College, Toronto

After he has done his due diligence about the above schools, he can check like decide on colleges that suites him to know his chances of getting the Admission & apply to like 2 schools, cos application fee is within $95 CAD & $100 CAD, but if you have funds to apply to more than 1 or 2 schools, do so.

THIS IS JUST MY OWN OPINION, YOU CAN AWAIT MORE ADDITIONAL RESPONSE FROM THE GURUS & HONORABLE MEMBERS IN-HOUSE
. You are such a wonderful person, I really appreciate this , God will bless you. pls out of this colleges , which of the school grant admission easily , I'm asking cos of his grade . thank u

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 9:42pm On Jan 31, 2021
Mozidat2301:
. You are such a wonderful person, I really appreciate this , God will bless you. pls out of this colleges , which of the school grant admission easily , I'm asking cos of his grade . thank u
You are Welcome, Amen!!

Non I know of

Most colleges don't state in their Admission requirements that
"an applicant must have a 2.1/2.2 or required CGPA to apply",

So he is at liberty to apply to any of them, but he should do his research on all the programs first.

By the way, you can wait for possible reviews from other members who might give you a based on experience response to that question of yours, and if there is non, your brother just have to take the bull by the horn and do his due diligence
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mozidat2301: 9:46pm On Jan 31, 2021
Lekiboboe:

You are Welcome, Amen!!

Non I know of

Most colleges don't state in their Admission requirements that
"an applicant must have a 2.1/2.2 or required CGPA to apply",

So he is at liberty to apply to any of them, but he should do his research on all the programs first.

By the way, you can wait for possible reviews from other members who might give you a based on experience response to that question of yours, and if there is non, your brother just have to take the bull by the horn and do his due diligence
ok bro, thanks so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shawtylil(f): 9:49pm On Jan 31, 2021
hi, can one travel two months before resumption date?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by englois: 9:53pm On Jan 31, 2021
Hurllarh:

I don’t even know if it’s possible to swap or not. I was rather trying to know the details of the appointment, furthermore if the swap was gonna happen, don’t you think there will be some sort of private communications anyways? To clarify, I’m not trying to contribute negatively to this or any other forum , you just seems to have mistaken my intentions or taken my words out of context.

I did my medicals at IOM on the 27th. When I booked this appointment, they haven't resumed online booking. However, when I discovered that online booking had started, I filled the online form and picked the nearest available date which is 1st of February. That's how I came about 2 medical dates.

With what I saw on the day of my medicals, I believe it's impossible to swap dates.
Anyways, let me brief you of medical protocols at IOM Lagos..

I got to the venue around 7:00am. I met some people hanging around. We were informed that the gate will be opened by 8am. At 8am, people crowded the gate and the security man came out to address us. He brought out a list and asked those with 8am appointment to form a line. He confirmed their name from the list and asked them to enter. Next the 9am were marched in and it came to the turn of 10am. Mind you, I entered around 9am so the time was not a barrier.
Upon entering, you will be asked to show your international passport and your receipt of payment. You will be signed in by a machine which takes a picture of either your palm or your face.
There are several buildings which caters for different countries like Newzealand, Canada, UK, USA, ...... You will then be directed to Canada building.
There, you will be directed to fill this Google form:. /iomha
Afterwards, you will be asked of your passport. Next, you will be directed to a room where your blood sample will be taken.
After a while, your passport will be returned to you with a checklist of other tests you'll undergo.

Next, it's the chest x-ray.
Next, a urine collection bottle will be handed over to you. You'll fill it halfway with your urine and wait to be attended to by a nurse.
When called in by the nurse, you will be asked series of questions which you must truthfully answer. Your weight and height will be checked. You will also read some letters from a board to test your eyes. The urine sample will be tested with a strip and disposed of.

Next, you will be led to a waiting room where you will see a doctor. The doctor will ask you to wear the hospital gown with minimal clothing underneath. He'll check your feet, stomach, chest, eyes and go over your initial tests (x-ray, etc). I was asked to wait for an additional one hour by the doctor because the x-ray was sent to Nairobi for analysis and the result wasn't available yet. After an hour, I was informed that I was done with my medical test and could leave.

c'est Fini.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Hurllarh: 10:25pm On Jan 31, 2021
englois:

I did my medicals at IOM on the 27th. When I booked this appointment, they haven't resumed online booking. However, when I discovered that online booking had started, I filled the online form and picked the nearest available date which is 1st of February. That's how I came about 2 medical dates.

With what I saw on the day of my medicals, I believe it's impossible to swap dates.

I got to the venue around 7:00am. I met some people hanging around. We were informed that the gate will be opened by 8am. At 8am, people crowded the gate and the security man came out to address us. He brought out a list and asked those with 8am appointment to form a line. He confirmed their name from the list and asked them to enter. Next the 9am were marched in and it came to the turn of 10am. Mind you, I entered around 9am so the time was not a barrier.
Upon entering, you will be asked to show your international passport and your receipt of payment. You will be signed in by a machine which takes a picture of either your palm or your face.
There are several buildings which caters for different countries like Newzealand, Canada, UK, USA, ...... You will then be directed to Canada building.
Afterwards, you will be asked of your passport. Next, you will be directed to a room where your blood sample will be taken.
After a while, your passport will be returned to you with a checklist of other tests you'll undergo.

Next, a urine collection bottle will be handed over to you. You'll fill it halfway with your urine and wait to be attended to by a nurse.
When called in by the nurse, you will be asked series of questions which you must truthfully answer. Your weight and height will be checked. You will also read some letters from a board to test your eyes. The urine sample will be tested with a strip and disposed of.

Next, you will be led to a waiting room where you will see a doctor. The doctor will ask you to wear the hospital gown with minimal clothing underneath. He check your feet, stomach, chest, eyes and go over your initial tests (x-ray, etc). I was asked to wait for an additional one hour by the doctor because the x-ray was sent to Nairobi for analysis and the result wasn't available yet. After an hour, I was informed that I was done with my medical test and could leave.

c'est Fini.
Wow! Thanks for the detailed answer, I really appreciate!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by olabisi6438(f): 11:26pm On Jan 31, 2021
Thank you for this, i think Qlife is better though. It was very accommodating and the staffs were caring. We werent crwding the whole place they resume work by 8am but those that came early sat outside under a canopy with full AC and TV. Ill reconmend them. The test fee is 40,000 except youve had some viral illnesses before.
englois:

Next, you will be led to a waiting room where you will see a doctor. The doctor will ask you to wear the hospital gown with minimal clothing underneath. He check your feet, stomach, chest, eyes and go over your initial tests (x-ray, etc). I was asked to wait for an additional one hour by the doctor because the x-ray was sent to Nairobi for analysis and the result wasn't available yet. After an hour, I was informed that I was done with my medical test and could leave.

c'est Fini.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Guy4life(m): 12:39am On Feb 01, 2021
Hi.
Please, somebody help me.
I'm trying to fill a form online with University of Northern British Columbia but the column where I'm supposed to fill in my school name is the problem.
My school name is not among the Nigerian schools popping up.
Please, what do I do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Kingjoe7: 3:13am On Feb 01, 2021
Lekiboboe:

You are welcome,

Yes they are many,

but start with this first

nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
nairobi@international.gc.ca
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca
beijing-immigration@international.gc.ca
ganzu-immigration@international.gc.ca

then continue with the others

Note that,
you can't send mails to those email addresses at once, you have to be sending it to them one by one

God bless you for the good job you are doing here sir. Please I want to start processing My masters in Canada, I currently have two courses in mind , public administration and information technology. I have made some research but I haven't really gotten the needed answers.

How much do you think it would cost me sir? I'm talking about a cheap and affordable school sir.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Dolex86: 4:01am On Feb 01, 2021
Hello All,
Please is anyone on this platform familiar with Cape Breton University or knows anyone that has attended the school?
I want to know whether to apply to the school or to Seneca college for a course in Supply Chain Management
Thanks for your feedback
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ebenbissy: 4:53am On Feb 01, 2021
Let her go and submit her passport for stamping
Time2soar1:

There are people who deferred their admission to summer and fall before getting approval and submitted their passport to IRCC without notifying them of the deferment. Let her go ahead and submit her passport for stamping
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by papijulah: 7:33am On Feb 01, 2021
Good morning family! What's the best method to convey one's passport to the VAC after PPR?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 7:38am On Feb 01, 2021
papijulah:
Good morning family! What's the best method to convey one's passport to the VAC after PPR?
you got ppr today?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by englois: 7:42am On Feb 01, 2021
ebenbissy:
Let her go and submit her passport for stamping

Will the stamped passport have any date on it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by olasubomy: 7:54am On Feb 01, 2021
papijulah:

By courier dispatch. That's the only acceptable medium for now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by englois: 8:12am On Feb 01, 2021
olabisi6438:
Thank you for this, i think Qlife is better though. It was very accommodating and the staffs were caring. We werent crwding the whole place they resume work by 8am but those that came early sat outside under a canopy with full AC and TV. Ill reconmend them. The test fee is 40,000 except youve had some viral illnesses before.

I just have to agree with you concerning the reception. Outside the gate where we sat, dust and ants disturbed a lot. Upon entering and completing the blood sample collection, there were 6 chairs only. The rest of us had to either stand or look for building block to sit on.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Guy4life(m): 8:12am On Feb 01, 2021
Happy new month.
Please, how do I fill in the name of my school in a form where my school name is not among the schools popping up on the column?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mastmony: 8:34am On Feb 01, 2021
BVL and PPR

What God cannot do does not exist.

Please how do I send my passport to Lagos or Can I drop it myself?

And what and what do I need to take along

24 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 8:47am On Feb 01, 2021
mastmony:
BVL and PPR

Wow!!! CONGRATULATIONS, I tap into this blessing this New Month, it shall be our Month of Multiple CONGRATULATIONS and explosive Testimonies in Jesus name, Amen!!!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Restoredglory: 9:03am On Feb 01, 2021
I tap into this testimony in this month of February,I shall receive my own PPR in Jesus name Amen

Congratulations

Indeed what God cannot do does not exist

mastmony:
BVL and PPR

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Khormzy1(f): 9:19am On Feb 01, 2021
MsJanez01:

Hahaha haha. Was even trying to understand what ur response was until I read people's comments. Sorry about the abbreviations. I meant 'i will". You won't get ill ijn

please i really need help with my motivation letters .. please if there is anybody that can help me proofread it I will be happy.. I am willing to pay.
thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Thompsonpet(m): 9:26am On Feb 01, 2021
mastmony:
BVL and PPR

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I tap into this good news. Indeed, what God cannot do does not exist.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Elizdee: 9:28am On Feb 01, 2021
Goodmorning my people

Please as you all remember, I got my Bvl and ppr 2days before I got medical request. I submitted my passport 15th of January,2021. Did my medical exam on 19th and changed to passed on 25th of January. This morning I got another bvl and ppr on my gckey account and the final decision changed to approved. Please what does this mean

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MsJanez01: 9:33am On Feb 01, 2021
Khormzy1:

please i really need help with my motivation letters .. please if there is anybody that can help me proofread it I will be happy.. I am willing to pay.
thank you

What is motivation letters? Are u referring to SOP/LOE?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Winner0718(m): 9:44am On Feb 01, 2021
Elizdee:
Goodmorning my people

Please as you all remember, I got my Bvl and ppr 2days before I got medical request. I submitted my passport 15th of January,2021. Did my medical exam on 19th and changed to passed on 25th of January. This morning I got another bvl and ppr on my gckey account and the final decision changed to approved. Please what does this mean

It simply means Bienvenue au Canada.
Congratulation once again, have you gotten your passport back from VFS yet?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Winner0718(m): 9:45am On Feb 01, 2021
MsJanez01:

Yes i think so.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Winner0718(m): 9:46am On Feb 01, 2021
mastmony:
BVL and PPR

Congratulations hommie, best wishes as you move ahead in this Canada journey.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 9:47am On Feb 01, 2021
mastmony:
BVL and PPR

Congratulations. I tap into your good news. This week I’ll receive my PPR too.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 9:48am On Feb 01, 2021
mastmony:
BVL and PPR

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!!! cool

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 10:04am On Feb 01, 2021
mastmony:
BVL and PPR

Congratulations on your Approval,

No you can't drop it yourself you have to send it via DHL or UPS

How to Send your Passport & other required documents to VFS LAGOS (DHL Lagos to VFS Lagos Scenerio)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/492#95759563

VFS Consent form (PDF , 68KB)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/475#95633153

Download the above form and fill only the 2nd Page

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Khormzy1(f): 10:12am On Feb 01, 2021
MsJanez01:

its actually a kind of letter you write stating why you are applying for a particular course in school outside nigeria.. its actually unrelated to canada travel but i feel i will find people that are good at these .. i have actually written it i just need someone to proof read it for me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by notkenny: 10:14am On Feb 01, 2021
Morning everyone.

Question: In my first application, i put an internship which is not relevant to my proposed program in my CV and IMM form and failed to talk about it in my SOP.
For my second application, do I put it in my cv & imm form and explain why i took the internship in my SOP? or just leave it out altogether?

Any advise pls HELP!!! sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (736)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.