Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,303 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (209) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (866381 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Cuddles7: 8:44am On Feb 03, 2021
LONG POST ALERT (suggestions needed)

Goodmorning everyone...

Please guys @OtunbaTee @Frankrobbn1 @Lekkiboboe @Olasubomy @Justmellow and other gurus.

Please can you guys advice us. Your inputs will be well appreciated.

Thanks to all who have made comments on this already. Godbless you

I'm relatively new here but I've read from part 17 upto this point but I'm still confused about how to handle this.

Below is my spouse's timeline. Please feel free to ask me for anymore details I might have missed.

We are using an IRCC registered immigration consultant located in Saskatchewan.

We had already started with her before we found nairaland. Would have done this on our own if we had this much info.

SPOUSE'S TIMELINE

Bsc: Microbiology

15 years study gap

Work history: Worked as the Lab microbiologist for 3yrs or thereabouts (2008-2011)

Started as Administrative Manager From 2012 (family run business) owned by his Dad.

Going for : BUSINESS MANAGEMENT POST GRAD CERTIFICATE (Saskatchewan Polytechnic...paid school fees in Full).. $17,100 (right from first application and school fees receipt was attached). Chose PGC course of his past result and the easiest admission to get was in management which seemed to fit into his current need. And the Bus mgt course in saskpoly is specifically designed for those with no prior formal training/degree in business.

He applied alone (leaving myself and my son back home as home tie)

1st delay: purpose of visit

2nd delay: personal assets and financial status (yet to see the letter to know if there were other reasons)

He applied for the first time on June 15, 2020. was refused in September.

He applied for his GCMS notes (see attached below). Tried to tackle the VO's complaint by making a detailed study plan written by him and a letter of explanation from the immigration consultant (which we proof read and agreed was fine). Explained that a higher managerial position (director of operations) was curated in the company and he was offered that position but to fully qualify, he needed a formal training in business to fill in the role properly.

He reapplied on November 26.

2nd Application was refused on 29 January based on personal assets and financial status

Next line of action: 1) Immigration consultant apply for reconsideration (if we are lucky, the application will be reopened )

2) Apply for GCMS note (same time with the consideration so they can run side by side to save time)...done already.

3) May consider a judicial review or reapplication depending on what the GCMS notes say but as very last resort cos this is way too expensive

Documents submitted:

SOP(study plan by spouse)
LOE (by the IRCC immigration consultant)
Resume
Transcripts and degree certificate
IELTS result (Band 9)
Letter of acceptance from school
Fees receipt (fully paid)
Mybankstatement certificate(showing funds of about 31,000 CAD)
Reference letter from bank (to confirm account owner)
Memorandum of association (showing he is a major share holder) and CAC of hospital
Job offer letter ( for new role as director of operations)
Study leave approval letter(one year study leave)
Marriage certificate
Son's birth certificate
Police clearance certificate
Stamped Passport pages (to show travel history to US and China)
All required forms for study permit as well as signed representative forms (since we are using an IRCC agent)
Wife's payslip (to show she can fend for herself and son while spouse is on study)
Etc.

So sorry for the longpost.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 8:50am On Feb 03, 2021
Inestimable61:
Guys I got a rejection base of personal
Assets and financial status . I’m not even sure my application was thoroughly looked at because it’s not true . January 2021 intake . Already requested for GCMS note and deferred to September 2021.
I’m thinking of submitting another application immediately or should I just wait a little ?
when did u apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yteem: 8:50am On Feb 03, 2021
Inestimable61:
Assets and financial status . I’m not even sure my application was thoroughly looked at because it’s not true . January 2021 intake . Already requested for GCMS note and deferred to September 2021.
I’m thinking of submitting another application immediately or should I just wait a little ?

Sorry about this delay. It’s good that you have deferred. I think the GCMS notes will shed more light and give you better insight into the thoughts of the VO and help you repackage better. I think you should wait for the notes.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mobi22: 9:09am On Feb 03, 2021
Inestimable61:

Wait for your notes to come naw... What is your profile like
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by SlimCupid(m): 9:20am On Feb 03, 2021
Hi guys. Someone kindly help me with this dilemma. Would someone who declares their masters degree be automatically denied a visa to study for a graduate certificate? Or does one stand a better chance by explaining things in the SOP? Is there any circumstance where it would be an advantage to declare your masters degree if you're going for a graduate certificate?
Gurus in the house, please share your opinion with me. Thanks much

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ToluDstar: 9:22am On Feb 03, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

As far as I know all the commercial banks in Nigeria are inefficient and slow in carrying out international transactions. You can try FCMB, Fidelity or Sterling bank.

It will end in praise
I also suggest unity bank, if any branch is available in your area, you could try them. I used form A late last year to pay my tuition fees and they received it within two to three days.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Salientjoe: 9:50am On Feb 03, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

As far as I know all the commercial banks in Nigeria are inefficient and slow in carrying out international transactions. You can try FCMB, Fidelity or Sterling bank.

It will end in praise

Thank you, it has been processed. The duration was 4weeks approximately @395/$.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by milo9(m): 9:50am On Feb 03, 2021
Good morning guys, Please I get this error message every time I try to include documents on webform. How do I go through this

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by milo9(m): 9:52am On Feb 03, 2021
Thank you boss. My family is not part of the application so no need

Frankrobbn1:

You can proceed to send the updated LOA to IRCC since your acceptance has exceed its program start date.

You need to inform IRCC about the change in marital status. If you've have a baby, you can update it on your in-progress application (please do this only in the event that you want to add your family with your application).

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Salientjoe: 10:00am On Feb 03, 2021
Summe:
Finally got back my passport today, after one month!

Thank you everyone for helping one way or the other along the way. I pray that all hopefuls get that PPR very soon.

Anyone travelling to Newfoundland in February?

Have you completed the arrival form and gotten an approval for quarantine space from the school?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Salientjoe: 10:01am On Feb 03, 2021
sleekcheek:
So many memorial university students, nice one. Please how were u guys able to pay for your fees? Did anyone use the global pay option successfully?

Yes, I did.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 10:01am On Feb 03, 2021
milo9:
Good morning guys, Please I get this error message every time I try to include documents on webform. How do I go through this
same issue I had. Mehn honestly I just prayed and it worked for me.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Salientjoe: 10:08am On Feb 03, 2021
If you traveled in the past month and are settled now, kindly drop landing jist. I'm sure it would help a lot of people preparing to move over.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sleekcheek: 10:22am On Feb 03, 2021
I will send you a private message

Salientjoe:

Yes, I did.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 10:25am On Feb 03, 2021
gettingbeta:
Hello everyone, trust we are doing good and keeping safe.

Submitted 15th, May 2020.
No reply till August,2020.....Had to request for my GCMS notes.
GCMS notes came August 26th, 2020. Failed eligibility. but case still open.
Sent my updated admission letter September 5th after receiving GCMS notes.
Started online lectures with fate October 9th,2020.
Got AIP October 12th, 2020.
The wait started again....no response till i followed in Hon. Lekiboebo footsteps.
Did medical and sent thru webform November 13th....updated on cic page November 19th, 2020.

Hello Gettingbeta,

Big Congratulations on your successful visa journey. Getting approved after a failed eligibility is beyond describable. Grace indeed is truly your compassion.

Best of Luck

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 10:29am On Feb 03, 2021
silvamania:
[Long Post Alert !! !!! !

I started this Canada journey in the year 2019. I wrote two IELTS exams for express entry . I had moderate scores but because am single,I couldn’t meet up with the cut off . I tried a whole lots of provincial nomination programs ( Prince Edward Island PNP, Manitoba PNP, and was waiting tirelessly for the Nova Scotia PNP ( International stream) yet no result

Hello Slvamania,

Big Congratulations. I wish you all the very best in your next phase in life.

Best of Luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 10:49am On Feb 03, 2021
Referencing the attached note.

What the VO simply meant was, how can someone with BSc go for a programme in a polytechnic. That's a negative factor in the first instance. He might not even check the attached documents to read the LOE, if he did he would have noted that he plans to assume a position inline with the course of study.

1. I think to apply, the first thing to consider is a BSc holder should go for MSc ( their view)
2. Having HND should go for PGD( their view also)

So if they see an application of someone with Bsc going for a lower degree course, it usually raises an eyebrow as to intention of the applicant. He'll just conclude without checking letter of intent.
That's to the best of my knowledge, other gurus can add too..

Cuddles7:

Goodmorning everyone...

Please guys @OtunbaTee @Frankrobbn1 @Lekkiboboe @Olasubomy @Justmellow and other gurus.

I'm relatively new here but I've read from part 17 upto this point but I'm still confused about how to handle this.

My spouse(husband) was refused a second time. Below is his timeline. Please feel free to ask me for anymore details I might have missed.

We had already started with her before we found nairaland. Would have done this on our own if we had this much info.

SPOUSE'S TIMELINE

Age: 43 currently(applied for the first time at 42... 43rd birthday was this January)

Bsc: Microbiology

15 years study gap

Work history: Worked as the Lab microbiologist for 3yrs or thereabouts (2008-2011)

Started as Administrative Manager From 2012 (family run hospital and morgue business) owned by his Dad ( a general surgeon trained in Germany).

Going for : BUSINESS MANAGEMENT POST GRAD CERTIFICATE (Saskatchewan Polytechnic...paid school fees in Full).. $17,100 (right from first application and school fees receipt was attached). Chose PGC course of his past result and the easiest admission to get was in management which seemed to fit into his current need. And the Bus mgt course in saskpoly is specifically designed for those with no prior formal training/degree in business.

He applied alone (leaving myself and my son back home as home tie)

1st refusal: purpose of visit

2nd refusal: personal assets and financial status (yet to see the letter to know if there were other reasons)

He applied for the first time on June 15, 2020. was refused in September.

He applied for his GCMS notes (see attached below). Tried to tackle the VO's complaint by making a detailed study plan written by him and a letter of explanation from the immigration consultant (which we proof read and agreed was fine). Explained that a higher managerial position (director of operations) was curated in the company and he was offered that position but to fully qualify, he needed a formal training in business to fill in the role properly.

He reapplied on November 26.

2nd Application was refused on 29 January based on personal assets and financial status (not sure that was the only complaint since we haven't seen the letter. She called to tell us. Will send us the details later she said)

Next line of action: 1) Immigration consultant apply for reconsideration (if we are lucky, the application will be reopened )

2) Apply for GCMS note (same time with the consideration so they can run side by side to save time)...done already.

3) May consider a judicial review or reapplication depending on what the GCMS notes say but as very last resort cos this is way too expensive

Documents submitted:

SOP(study plan by spouse)
LOE (by the IRCC immigration consultant)
Resume
Transcripts and degree certificate
IELTS result (Band 9)
Letter of acceptance from school
Fees receipt (fully paid)
Mybankstatement certificate(showing funds of about 31,000 CAD)
Reference letter from bank (to confirm account owner)
Memorandum of association (showing he is a major share holder) and CAC of hospital
Job offer letter ( for new role as director of operations)
Study leave approval letter(one year study leave)
Marriage certificate
Son's birth certificate
Police clearance certificate
Stamped Passport pages (to show travel history to US and China)
All required forms for study permit as well as signed representative forms (since we are using an IRCC agent)
Wife's payslip (to show she can fend for herself and son while spouse is on study)
Etc.

So sorry for the longpost.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by olasubomy: 10:53am On Feb 03, 2021
Teeprecious:
Hello house,please if I am requesting a reference letter stating all my duties and remuneration from my office,where and to whom will it be addressed?

Also,must I pay my confirmation deposit from my POF,like it must appear on my statement for the VO to see I made the payment from the account.

Thank you all.

The reference letter can be addressed to; The Deputy High Commission of Canada,
4, Anifowoshe Street,
Victoria Island,
Lagos, Nigeria.

The visa officer would be interested in seeing a third party documentary evidence of payment of your tuition which is a tuition receipt issued by your school( designated learning institution). Though not a must if you have other means to pay the deposit payment otherwise, you can offset the payment for the deposit from your account or that of your sponsor if you are not self-sponsored. You can then point this out to the visa officer under the PROOF OF FUNDS section in your statement of purpose referencing the transaction date payment was made as a means to strengthen your application.

I wish you success.[/font]

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by meemeeibrahim22: 10:54am On Feb 03, 2021
Krissy01:
Pls I need help so I've gotten admission to the university of Manitoba since November 2019,the decision envelope came February beginning I got denied so i applied for visa again march 2020 before the coronavirus came and embassies we're shutdown and all, I emailed my uni explaining what's going, the told me I have three multiple start dates which is jan2020, may2020 and sept2020 but I missed all three and sent another email to the school they gave me the option to defer my admission thereby moving it by one term making my start dates june 2020,September 2020 and January 2021 now the issue is January just passed i was hoping my visa would arrive january but it didn't so basicailly I've lost my admission, now my visa still no response from the embassy the only thing they returned was my passport without it stamped a little paper saying my application is still in process and this was October 2020,Right now am confused, am I missing something pls help

I also applied in March 2020 and till now I haven’t gotten a response
You can give me your email let’s talk
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 10:59am On Feb 03, 2021
meemeeibrahim22:

Have you sent Webforms & Mails to IRCC to ask for updates about your application?
cos based on March 2020 you applied, your application has passed the Normal Processing time

If you haven't,

Do this ASAP

Send Webforms & Mails to IRCC offices Since your application has EXCEEDED STANDARD/NORMAL PROCESSING TIME
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/473#95627040

Email address of other IRCC offices you should send a mail to
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/6#97288992
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 11:01am On Feb 03, 2021
SlimCupid:
Hi guys. Someone kindly help me with this dilemma. Would someone who declares their masters degree be automatically denied a visa to study for a graduate certificate? Or does one stand a better chance by explaining things in the SOP? Is there any circumstance where it would be an advantage to declare your masters degree if you're going for a graduate certificate?
Gurus in the house, please share your opinion with me. Thanks much

Hello SlimCupid,

Declaring a prior higher qualification when pursuing a qualification which is lower is only advised if reasonable justification can be given.

Not declaring a prior qualification means that the study gap in-between must be well justified too. The question falls back to you, which is most convenient?!

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 11:04am On Feb 03, 2021
milo9:

Give it some time or change to another browser like Explorer or Safari.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 11:21am On Feb 03, 2021
Cuddles7:

Goodmorning everyone...

My spouse(husband) was refused a second time. Below is his timeline. Please feel free to ask me for anymore details I might have missed.

Hello Cuddles7,

From the post, I see no issue that reflects the VO's concerns in regards to the Personal Asset & Financial Status.

From close observation, its just a blinded generic refusal for many January 2021 intake. When it happens like this, the only thought that comes to mind is the quota limit for the number of visa approval has been exhausted.

I really don't know how to proffer any advice at this moment in regards to this situation until the arrival of notes.

Writing a letter of consideration to the VO that handled the application is highly supported and is a good alternative for those that can't secure the service of an immigration lawyer.

Between, your spouse should have gone for any health management in business courses than a pure business management course.

Let's wait for the notes!

Best of Luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Hurllarh: 11:21am On Feb 03, 2021
Good day everyone ! Once again please is there anyone here that has a medical booked for Qlife for this or next week but won't be able to go cos of any reasons? I've got a medical booked for the middle of February but I'm hoping for a sooner date, and I'll be glad to trade medical appointment date with anyone who might be willing to shift their appointments to later days. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by WhiteSpace: 11:24am On Feb 03, 2021
Hello House,

Please, I plead for someone to kindly answer my questions.

1. I received passport request from the IRCC. Issue is I have about 17 months left on my passport and IIRCC letter says my passport should be valid for the expected duration of stay in Canada. I have went to immigration office and called another officer. They said the embassy would accept my passport like that. But if I still want to renew it, it could take long as approval must come from Abuja. Please, I need gurus to advise me if this won't be a problem.

2. I want to know the list of all the documents I must travel with.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by stevedestiny(m): 11:25am On Feb 03, 2021
Good day everybody.

Please is it compulsory for your sponsor to be related to you? Cos my sponsor is a family friend
Anyone with ideas?

Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by unilag100(m): 11:26am On Feb 03, 2021
Good morning gurus in the house, pls I need your assistance on this issue that I have been thinking of recent.
For BSc I did International Law and Diplomacy, the course is just like international relations. I’m currently running my masters in Peace and Conflict studies in Ibadan.
I will be done with my masters this year by Gods grace I plan on going to Canada for another masters in CRIMINOLOGY. Pls do you think I will be accepted in criminology and mind you, I have no work experience in criminology. Also if not what courses do you think I can register for masters.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teeprecious: 11:28am On Feb 03, 2021
olasubomy:

The reference letter can be addressed to; The Deputy High Commission of Canada,
4, Anifowoshe Street,
Victoria Island,
Lagos, Nigeria.

The visa officer would be interested in seeing a third party documentary evidence of payment of your tuition which is a tuition receipt issued by your school( designated learning institution). Though not a must if you have other means to pay the deposit payment otherwise, you can offset the payment for the deposit from your account or that of your sponsor if you are not self-sponsored. You can then point this out to the visa officer under the PROOF OF FUNDS section in your statement of purpose referencing the transaction date payment was made as a means to strengthen your application.

I wish you success.[/font]

Thanks alot for this detailed explanation.
Amen.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Krissy01(f): 11:30am On Feb 03, 2021
meemeeibrahim22:

You can email me:Mercykrissy1@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Qcanvs38mimi: 11:38am On Feb 03, 2021
WhiteSpace:
Hello People of God,

I need your advice and assistance. I received Original Passport Request today.

There is less than 2 years left on my passport and IRCC says my passport must be valid for the expected time I would be spending in Canada.
Please, I need legit contacts that can help me with a fast passport renewal.

Secondly, I want to know the list of documents I must travel with. Mind you, I have not paid any fees to the school and I have already applied to defer till September, 2021. Still waiting for the school to send me deferrment letter, though supervisor wants me to resume ASAP. MSc.

Timeline below:

Applied in June, 2020
With upfront medicals
Available funds exactly as on admission letter
No updates
Biometrics in August
No updates
Requested GCMS notes in October
Received GCMS notes early November
Recommended for interview
No updates
Sent webforms in early December
Medicals updated to passed in mid-December
Biometrics validity letter same day
No updates
Sent webforms
No updates
Applied for another GCMS notes last week
Original Passport Request today.

Thank you all for the kind advices, prayers of faith and encouragements here. Indeed, God is Great!

Silent Reader

This passport thing will take you a long time. I got ppr since the 16th of January and I just sent my passport to Abuja on Monday. My advice is do it outside of Lagos/ Abuja. You won’t want to get entangled in this nin synchronization whatever
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teeprecious: 11:42am On Feb 03, 2021
Hello house,has anyone used flywire to make payments recently? Is their rate pocketly friendly and can I have an idea of what the rate is like.
I anticipate a feedback as I am looking for rates that won't send me back to our village o.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Qcanvs38mimi: 11:49am On Feb 03, 2021
Hi, please who has vfs Abuja’s number?

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (736)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.