Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,473 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (211) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (862093 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by olasubomy: 4:38pm On Feb 03, 2021
Testimonytime:
Hello house.
Pls, I am about to submit my application, my husband is my sponsor, I am going for a pgd in culinary management in Selkirk college, I am a matured student, iv worked as a lawyer for 12 years and changed career in 2019, I now work as a head cook/ baker. My concern is should I submit my bank statement on only 400k balance and inflow of 9million in 12 months statement? My husband is my sponsor, I have no landed document in my name but we have several in husbands name. Will my 400k balance give red light? If I do not submit, how do I proof my employment since I don’t get payslip? But only bank deposits.

Pls guru in the house should help. I have the statement already but don’t know wether to submit it.

Good afternoon,

Pending input from other gurus, 400,000 naira is quite low because the visa officer would do the conversion to Canadian dollars so if you have some time, you can hold on to the submission and build it up a little more maybe up to 1 million on the dot or slightly below I million (avoid lumpsum deposits ) but I would say sometimes the VO may not really be concerned about the huge cash balances in your bank statement but the integrity and consistency of inflow of funds in your statement so they check to see that there is consistency in inflows coming into your account every month ( in form of salaries, allowances etc) and as long as the statement is not falsified nor any unexplained huge lump sum deposits.

Also, If the bank deposit being paid into your account by your company reads salary on your bank statement, you can attach that being your salary account. If your company deducts and remits pension, you can also attach your pension statement as further proof of your employment status.

Additionally, since you have your husband as your main sponsor, he should have the amount in his account to cover your tuition and living expenses for at least your first year in the programme or more if possible then you can also attach your salary account statement to support his.

Let him do an affidavit of support that he is sponsoring you for the duration of your programme( i am assuming you are applying alone and leaving him back home as a home tie). You also mentioned your husband has several landed properties. Try to do an evaluation of your property in one single document, the evaluation report can include pictures of these landed properties (The estate valuer should know what to do). This can be an additional home tie.

Finally, work very well on your Statement of purpose. Don't be in a haste to submit your application. review your SOP further to be sure you have addressed the area of career progression, study plan, the reason for the switch from practicing as a lawyer to a head cook/baker and how your intended programme would add value to you when you come back home after your studies.

I wish you success.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Gentle21: 5:20pm On Feb 03, 2021
Hello Good People, kindly help confirm which IELTS version is required for NSE process. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 5:24pm On Feb 03, 2021
**deleted**
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 5:24pm On Feb 03, 2021
Gentle21:
Hello Good People, kindly help confirm which IELTS version is required for NSE process. Thank you.

any

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 5:26pm On Feb 03, 2021
Good evening everyone. For those that applied in January 2021, has anyone gotten eligibility review?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by milo9(m): 5:40pm On Feb 03, 2021
OK boss
JustMellow:

Give it some time or change to another browser like Explorer or Safari.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by milo9(m): 5:41pm On Feb 03, 2021
let me also start praying o
Rootiab:
same issue I had. Mehn honestly I just prayed and it worked for me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 5:44pm On Feb 03, 2021
milo9:
let me also start praying o
try it now, the issue should have been resolved.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by bidemialade43: 6:36pm On Feb 03, 2021
OlashileG:
Please anyone going to uOttawa for fall 2021?
I just applied though, waiting for there application decision...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by iampaulsmith(m): 7:00pm On Feb 03, 2021
I also have a similar issue. Applied Oct 19 with NSE deadline on Dec 26. I have raised several webform but no change still. Some people here said their review of document has changed to Not Applicable. We can only wait and hope.

It will end in praises!
ololadejacobs:
Hello good morning guys ,i applied for SP oct 6th I didn’t submit NSE requirements and my NSE request already expired since dec 24th but application status is still showing YOUR ACTION IS REQUIRED , and timeline is also showing WE NEED SOME DOCUMENTS FROM YOU . Is there anyone with similar case abs later got approval ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 7:06pm On Feb 03, 2021
Rootiab:
Good evening everyone. For those that applied in January 2021, has anyone gotten eligibility review?
anyone
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Testimonytime: 7:17pm On Feb 03, 2021
OtunbaTee:

Since your husband is your sole sponsor and can proof the first year school fees and 10k living expenses. No cause for alarm. 400k in your account isn't a red light, it'll be part of home tie, could also stand as personal asset, and your husband n kids also being your strongest hometie, that would just serve as additional

Thanks so much, I appreciate this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Testimonytime: 7:33pm On Feb 03, 2021
olasubomy:

Good afternoon,

Pending input from other gurus, 400,000 naira is quite low because the visa officer would do the conversion to Canadian dollars so if you have some time, you can hold on to the submission and build it up a little more maybe up to 1 million on the dot or slightly below I million (avoid lumpsum deposits ) but I would say sometimes the VO may not really be concerned about the huge cash balances in your bank statement but the integrity and consistency of inflow of funds in your statement so they check to see that there is consistency in inflows coming into your account every month ( in form of salaries, allowances etc) and as long as the statement is not falsified nor any unexplained huge lump sum deposits.

Also, If the bank deposit being paid into your account by your company reads salary on your bank statement, you can attach that being your salary account. If your company deducts and remits pension, you can also attach your pension statement as further proof of your employment status.

Additionally, since you have your husband as your main sponsor, he should have the amount in his account to cover your tuition and living expenses for at least your first year in the programme or more if possible then you can also attach your salary account statement to support his.

Let him do an affidavit of support that he is sponsoring you for the duration of your programme( i am assuming you are applying alone and leaving him back home as a home tie). You also mentioned your husband has several landed properties. Try to do an evaluation of your property in one single document, the evaluation report can include pictures of these landed properties (The estate valuer should know what to do). This can be an additional home tie.

Finally, work very well on your Statement of purpose. Don't be in a haste to submit your application. review your SOP further to be sure you have addressed the area of career progression, study plan, the reason for the switch from practicing as a lawyer to a head cook/baker and how your intended programme would add value to you when you come back home after your studies.

I wish you success.

Thanks so much, for the detailed advice. Iv tried my best on my study plan and I had to include all the cooking/ baking certificate I acquired overtime.
The snag is my school resume April and I may not have the time to start building the acct, hubby has written sponsorship letter, paid first semester deposit and has more than enough funds to cover my first year.

Also, I thought of the evaluation but it’s to late now as the surveyors said it might take weeks, unfortunately, if I defer, I will have to wait till next year April again since my programmer does not run in the fall.

I will take my chances, I have done my due diligence and will leave the rest to God. I believe He’s got my back.
Thanks so much for the guide.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Gentle21: 7:41pm On Feb 03, 2021
Thanks for your response.
Rootiab:
any
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by olasubomy: 8:00pm On Feb 03, 2021
Testimonytime:

Thanks so much, for the detailed advice. Iv tried my best on my study plan and I had to include all the cooking/ baking certificate I acquired overtime.
The snag is my school resume April and I may not have the time to start building the acct, hubby has written sponsorship letter, paid first semester deposit and has more than enough funds to cover my first year.

Also, I thought of the evaluation but it’s to late now as the surveyors said it might take weeks, unfortunately, if I defer, I will have to wait till next year April again since my programmer does not run in the fall.

I will take my chances, I have done my due diligence and will leave the rest to God. I believe He’s got my back.
Thanks so much for the guide.

Great! All the best, it would end in praise. Well done!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Kingjoe7: 8:30pm On Feb 03, 2021
[quote author=Lekiboboe post=98646257]
Well you having two courses in mind is good, both having two courses that is not related to each other is very wrong.

You can only do an M.SC in a program you have educational background in (A Bachelor's Degree).

If you studied Computer Science or related course, then you can go for a Masters in Information Technology or related Course

If you studied Public Administration (Bachelor's Degree), then its expected of you to go for a Masters in Public Administration, Human Resources Management (HRM) or other related Course.

First Class or 2.1 is the admission requirement for an M.SC program in Canada

About How much it will cost you,
You would need to check the tuition amount for International students the program in the school you want to study

And also have a compulsory $10,000 CAD available

You can read the information in the link below for some helpful information
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/558#96300254

There is no cheap school in Canada, also it depends on your definition of Cheap & Affordable Schools

International Students Pay more in terms of tuition than Domestic Students, so financial Readiness is very essential to come study in Canada.

If you have a 2.1 or First Class in Information Technology (Computer Science) you can hustle and work towards getting a Funded Masters program (Fully Funded or Partially Funded). Though not easy, but if you are able to getting, It would help with reduce the Burden of your Finance.

You can read on that in the link below
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933556

God bless you mightly chief, I really appreciate. I studied URP with a 2.1
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OBANLABAMIDELE2: 8:42pm On Feb 03, 2021
iampaulsmith:
I also have a similar issue. Applied Oct 19 with NSE deadline on Dec 26. I have raised several webform but no change still. Some people here said their review of document has changed to Not Applicable. We can only wait and hope.

It will end in praises!

Same here also bro..... For last three months now.....oooo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OBANLABAMIDELE2: 8:44pm On Feb 03, 2021
iampaulsmith:

It will end in praises!

Amen oooo same here ooo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 9:13pm On Feb 03, 2021
[quote author=Kingjoe7 post=98714579][/quote]
Amen!!!!!

You are welcome Honorable

With a degree in URP,
academic Progression wise, you can't do a Masters in Information Technology or Masters in Public Administration

Since you have a 2.1 in URP, its a Masters in a URP related Course you are to go for

E.g
- Urban & Regional Planning
- Urban Design
- Community Planning
- Geography & Planning
- GIS etc.

See the link below for Masters in URP related programs & Universities offering them, google search and explore their respective websites, look out for their Admission Requirements, Tuition amount for international students, faculy/people (Professors) etc.

https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Urban+and+regional+planning&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

To prepare yourself for a Masters Admission, the contents in the links below will help you

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933556

https://www./looking-graduate-student-position-heres-how-avoid-frustration-dub%C3%A9/

Writing a Winning "statement of motivation" for Admission
https://twitter.com/AaronAkpuPhilip/status/1343137026170744832?s=19
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Kingjoe7: 9:26pm On Feb 03, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Amen!!!!!

You are welcome Honorable

With a degree in URP,
academic Progression wise, you can't do a Masters in Information Technology or Masters in Public Administration

Since you have a 2.1 in URP, its a Masters in a URP related Course you are to go for

E.g
- Urban & Regional Planning
- Urban Design
- Community Planning
- Geography & Planning
- GIS etc.

See the link below for Masters in URP related programs & Universities offering them, google search and explore their respective websites, look out for their Admission Requirements, Tuition amount for international students, faculy/people (Professors) etc.

https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Urban+and+regional+planning&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

To prepare yourself for a Masters Admission, the contents in the links below will help you

https://www./looking-graduate-student-position-heres-how-avoid-frustration-dub%C3%A9/

Writing a Winning "statement of motivation" for Admission
https://twitter.com/AaronAkpuPhilip/status/1343137026170744832?s=19

You have been really helpful boss, God bless you sir. Is it that it's impossible to change a career path in MSc?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Olukologmail: 9:32pm On Feb 03, 2021
Good evening family.
I wanted to ask how many days it might take to get our passport back once it has been submitted to VFS for stamping.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Blavkmaann: 9:48pm On Feb 03, 2021
my people, how far na.... e don tey ooo...... how has it been,, omo i been dey go school to learn one or two canadian lifestyle,,, i cant go and fall una hand........ the day ill leave. ....ohhhhh....how glorious... grin grin grin una go hear am.... make una just put eye for news coz news go carry am

so far so good, its been praise praise praise...... my own ended in worship......

chai... i cant remember when last i logged into my cic page.... una deserve this peace...

you know that moment where nigeria things no dey vex you again.....
if i dey drive and traffic dey ill be like..... e remain small, i go leave una comot
if i go house and light no dey....... e remain small...
if i waka and police stress me, i go just dey smile,,, i dey count una time....
i no dey watch news again.....
today one keke man wan mumu e sef, as i remember my visa wey dey house, i no slap am... i know say devil wan use am

so my people... no give up, NO FEAR...apply pressure...

REMEMBER THE PLAN ISNT FOR NOW,,,,, NA OUR PIKIN DEM WE DEY REASON..... I NO GO LIKE MAKE I FIRST SON LEAD END SARS PROTEST VERY SOON.... MAKE E DEY THERE DEY SHOUT ''BLACK LIVES MATTER''

E GO END WELL FOR UNA.... I GET FREE SLOT FOR PERSON WEY DEM DON REFUSE 9 TIMES.... IF UR REFUSAL DON REACH 9, HIT ME UP I GO GIVE YOU VISA TO WARRI....... IF E NEVER REAVH 9... ABOBI APPLY PRESSURE...

WE SHOULD DO A MEET AND GREET ONE OF THESE DAYS ....

IM THE BLACK MAN

SENDING LOVE AND LIGHT FROM FESTAC LAGOS

20 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OlashileG: 9:59pm On Feb 03, 2021
Oh nice......wish you the best
bidemialade43:

I just applied though, waiting for there application decision...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by justwise(m): 10:08pm On Feb 03, 2021
Krissy01:

Pls how do I get my gcms note[b] I read that you need to reside in Canada or have someone in canada[/b] that can stand for you and I don't know anyone in Canada, what do I do?

Absolutely false. You did not read that anywhere. Use google to search for gcm note companies and select one.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ge0grapher(m): 10:29pm On Feb 03, 2021
Blavkmaann:
my people, how far na.... e don tey ooo...... how has it been,, omo i been dey go school to learn one or two canadian lifestyle,,, i cant go and fall una hand........ the day ill leave. ....ohhhhh....how glorious... grin grin grin una go hear am.... make una just put eye for news coz news go carry am

so far so good, its been praise praise praise...... my own ended in worship......

chai... i cant remember when last i logged into my cic page.... una deserve this peace...

you know that moment where nigeria things no dey vex you again.....
if i dey drive and traffic dey ill be like..... e remain small, i go leave una comot
if i go house and light no dey....... e remain small...
if i waka and police stress me, i go just dey smile,,, i dey count una time....
i no dey watch news again.....
today one keke man wan mumu e sef, as i remember my visa wey dey house, i no slap am... i know say devil wan use am

so my people... no give up, NO FEAR...apply pressure...

REMEMBER THE PLAN ISNT FOR NOW,,,,, NA OUR PIKIN DEM WE DEY REASON..... I NO GO LIKE MAKE I FIRST SON LEAD END SARS PROTEST VERY SOON.... MAKE E DEY THERE DEY SHOUT ''BLACK LIVES MATTER''

E GO END WELL FOR UNA.... I GET FREE SLOT FOR PERSON WEY DEM DON REFUSE 9 TIMES.... IF UR REFUSAL DON REACH 9, HIT ME UP I GO GIVE YOU VISA TO WARRI....... IF E NEVER REAVH 9... ABOBI APPLY PRESSURE...

SENDING LOVE AND LIGHT FROM FESTAC LAGOS

You get mind oo . U still dey commot from house... If na me na indoor 24:7 till that day reach, before village people use me update their WhatsApp status grin

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Wifefo88: 10:32pm On Feb 03, 2021
Please anybody did his medicals at qlife on 27 January., has the result been sent and has it been updated to pass.??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Aissy: 11:07pm On Feb 03, 2021
Hello Everyone
I have been following this thread for some days now and am finally here, it was been a wonderful and insightful read.
I graduated with 2.2 Industrial chemistry then I applied to Conestoga college for a PGC in Food safety and quality assurance and praise God I was accepted and I have already made the payment of the first semester tuition. I am starting my visa application into two weeks and I have already booked my medical appointment with IOM in Abuja. These are my documents available now and I would really appreciate any help or input as I am working with an agent I want to make sure everything is done the right way.
1. Letter of acceptance
2. Tuition receipts
3. Birth certificate
4.proof of funds-7.9m and 1.3m both my dads account
5. Letter of explanation (2 pages)
6. Letter of sponsorship
7. Police certificate
8. Internal passport
9. Pension documents because my dad is pensioned but he is into livestock rearing now
I start in September 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ooa1st: 12:35am On Feb 04, 2021
Good day all,

I'm Ajibola by name and I really appreciate what you guys are doing on here. God reward you all for the insightful contributions you all make in helping us navigate this process.

Please I have just been offered admission by Cape Breton University in Nova Scotia. Course is post-baccalaureate diploma in Supply chain management. Though I have ND in Banking & Finance and also BSc in Banking & Finance. I worked in the finance dept of my current company for a full calender year in 2014 before going back to school, I return to the company in 2018 and I am currently working in the same finance dept.

I am being skeptical about my eduational qualification and work experience and the Supply-chain course I have been offered. How would the VFO view this application?

Then again the financial aspect of it, as for July last year, I really didn't have much in my main account, so some proceed came in and they were constantly in 7 digit up till last month, my account balance as of today 3 Feb is currently 9.2m, which I don't know if it will be sufficient? the inflow from August till now, could that be an issue? Kindly note all funds are legitimate.

I also have my late fathers properties which I have access to, also another property but jointly owned, a pension account, a mutual fund account with coronation merchant bank up till 2 5m.

What are my chances, I don't have a sponsor, I am all by my self.

Please what are my chances, your advice would be highly appreciated

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Viewing this topic: shupy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.